Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Rumour Has It

(edited)

You know, it took me hours after watching this episode to suddenly remember that Taylor and Gabe were presented as close when the show started and that she even had a crush on him.  That relationship has been so ignored since like episode 2 that I spent half of this episode totally confused as to why Gabe was so out of control agro.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 7

The more more that I look @ Gabe, the more I tend to think he looks like some kind of ape....I can't stand the long-ish bob he wears.... ;-x

That was a boring episode, nothing happened, & the product placement for Insidious 3 wasn't awkward at all, nooooo

So, Insidious has a new sequel coming out? Say it ain't so! Sorry, I couldn't quite catch it during that meaningless conversation that was spent talking about the movie series.... ::sarcasm:: 

• Love 1

You know, it took me hours after watching this episode to suddenly remember that Taylor and Gabe were presented as close when the show started and that she even had a crush on him.  That relationship has been so ignored since like episode 2 that I spent half of this episode totally confused as to why Gabe was so out of control agro.

If you hadn't posted this, I still wouldn't know why he was so out of control. I really don't remember him at all, & I even posted in the episode where he hooked up with the guidance counselor that I thought the only reason for the plot was so we would remember him. They have made him completely forgettable & superfluous.

• Love 2
(edited)

I always remembered that those 2 were good friends before Carter first came in the picture.... And, then Carter came so Gabe kinda started crushing on her.... I didn't really understand how Gabe can be real chummy with Taylor yet hang out with Bird + rest of gang because it didn't seem like the type of crowd that Taylor would chill with until Carter happened....

And, how did Damon happen? I was hardly paying attention to last episode if that was when he got introduced.... I just had it on in the background while I was online....

Edited by OrientalAmish

I always remembered that those 2 were good friends before Carter first came in the picture.... And, then Carter came so Gabe kinda started crushing on her.... I didn't really understand how Gabe can be real chummy with Taylor yet hang out with Bird + rest of gang because it didn't seem like the type of crowd that Taylor would chill with until Carter happened....

And, how did Damon happen? I was hardly paying attention to last episode if that was when he got introduced.... I just had it on in the background while I was online....

I remember the record scratch sound my brain made when Gabe first introduced Carter to Bird and Ofe.  I was totally baffled how Taylor and this guy who at least initially seemed like her best friend would hang out with that crowd.  I just assumed that Gabe and Taylor have known each other forever due to Elizabeth and Gabe's dad working together and they just maintained that status through Gabe gravitating toward a different group.  But it felt like fanwanking even as I did it... and I'm not that big a fan (though I keep watching, so....).

As for Damon, I'm baffled.  He suddenly appeared while Taylor was doing the guidance counselor's job throwing a college fair (while the guidance counselor did Gabe, I'm not proud but I couldn't resist).  Then last week he worked with Gabe at the country club and now he's hanging out.  

I was totally baffled how Taylor and this guy who at least initially seemed like her best friend would hang out with that crowd.  I just assumed that Gabe and Taylor have known each other forever due to Elizabeth and Gabe's dad working together and they just maintained that status through Gabe gravitating toward a different group.  But it felt like fanwanking even as I did it... and I'm not that big a fan (though I keep watching, so....).

That definitely makes sense.... And, of course, how could I forget that Taylor did have a crush on Gabe? They even made out on that dare which seems to have gotten him interested, but then Taylor ended up choosing Max in first season...

(edited)

The only friend I sort of liked (besides Max) was Ofe (he had some funny one-liners in the first season), but even with him, he was sort of forgettable. I feel like Carter gravitates towards really awful friends .

Edited by Wap406
(edited)

I like the addition of Damon actually; that actor does really well with the crap lines that the writers give him. But if having Damon means sacrificing Ofe (my 3rd favorite character on this shitshow), I will be pissed!

Over the last few episodes Carter has gone back to being very punchable. My desire to see Taylor gut-punch her is less than it was at the beginning of the first season, but it's creeping up there.

This episode wasn't nearly interesting enough for so little to have happened. Sigh...and yet, I can't stop watching it.

Edited by Kat

They name checked Ofe this episode.  Said he decided not to come due to the awkward with Taylor and his not being over her yet.

That sounds like what shows do when they want to pretend a character is still on the show, but the actor actually left. Like Elena in The Vampire Diaries. 

I have to add that line of the week went to Grant in what I felt was a salute to his sidelining: "I'm going over to Peter Cho's house to play laser tag. See you when I get back from college."

• Love 5

Just got into town and finally watched.  Oh my gawd; that Gabe kid is an asshole!  Why is he always all up in everybody's personal business??  First his dad, who is an adult; and now Taylor, who he hasn't given the time of day since.....has he ever given her the time day?  So glad he got a face full of mud. 

This show is really working my nerves.  If they were going to have Taylor find something, why would it be Carter's necklace?  Carter is ALWAYS in Max's truck.  That wouldn't be unusual or out of place.  A condom wrapper would have made more sense.  Although I don't know why I'm expecting things on this show to make sense. 

• Love 2

That sounds like what shows do when they want to pretend a character is still on the show, but the actor actually left. Like Elena in The Vampire Diaries.

The actor who plays Ofe is one of the leads on Between, which I think was only a six episode series so far, so he probably just took a break from Finding Carter to go film that. I hope he comes back. I liked Ofe, and Damon is pretty forgettable so far.

The Gabe and Taylor friendship never made much sense. He was supposedly her best friend, but he also hung out with Bird and Ofe and never once invited Taylor to one of their parties until Carter came along.

I'm starting to think Carter's old friend (I never remember her name) is actually just as crazy and manipulative as Lori. Her apology didn't seem entirely genuine and I'm wondering if she purposely "accidentally" let it slip about Max and Carter to make the drama between Carter and Taylor even worse than it otherwise would have been (i.e., Taylor is going to find out that not only did Carter sleep with Max but she told pretty much everyone else before Taylor).

• Love 2

The actor who plays Ofe is one of the leads on Between, which I think was only a six episode series so far, so he probably just took a break from Finding Carter to go film that. I hope he comes back. I liked Ofe, and Damon is pretty forgettable so far.

Ahh, that explains it. It's probably also why they had to make sure Taylor & Ofe didn't stay together. I guess if & how much he'll be on Finding Carter depends on how popular Between is.

I'm starting to think Carter's old friend (I never remember her name) is actually just as crazy and manipulative as Lori.

Madison

This show is really working my nerves.  If they were going to have Taylor find something, why would it be Carter's necklace?  Carter is ALWAYS in Max's truck.  That wouldn't be unusual or out of place.  A condom wrapper would have made more sense.  Although I don't know why I'm expecting things on this show to make sense.

Milking contrived drama of course.

Seriously why does MTV show promos if things that won't happen for another two weeks?

Probably because there's really nothing good to actually promote.

Am I the only one who thought it was odd that not one single parent on this show has any problem letting their teenage boys and girls go off camping in this huge nice cabin all by themselves with no adult supervision? My parents trusted me way more than they should have when I was a teenager, but even my parents would never have allowed that nonsense!

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thought it was odd that not one single parent on this show has any problem letting their teenage boys and girls go off camping in this huge nice cabin all by themselves with no adult supervision? My parents trusted me way more than they should have when I was a teenager, but even my parents would never have allowed that nonsense!

unfortunately, this was more realistic than the 16 year olds living by themselves or being left behind to deal with the irs/fbi or being called by a doctor because their kidnapper residing in a mental institution attempted suicide.
  • Love 2