Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Info, Casting and Spoilers

• Start Topic

Docmantistobogan, the guy who has been posting information about Snowbowl, is back on Reddit posting about Season 6.

He more or less confirms the account of TheBuffaloHoove, except to state that Wun Wun is on his hands and knees when he dies and Jon doesn't smile at Wun Wun before he's shot. He also disputes that Jon beats Ramsay to death. Rather, Jon refrains from killing Ramsay in front of Sansa but Ramsay is later fed to his dogs.

Setting aside veracity (God knows the show has never done anything that doesn't make sense), that version of Ramsay's death sounds weird for two reasons.  First, Jon won't kill Ramsay in front of Sansa?  Why?  She presumably wants him dead, and was just hanging around a battlefield.  Second, while there's a certain poetry in Ramsay being mauled to death his his own dogs, that doesn't sound very Stark-like to me.  Ned was all about the clean swing of the sword.  Granted, maybe he'd have made an exception for the man who raped his daughter and murdered his son.

• Love 1

Very lame.

It's not, this is something that can only be viewed on phones or computers.

Did you look for the Easter eggs?

The only reason I would see Jon sparing rambo bolton is and this is a tiny,tiny reason he needs as many swords as possible.

But then I would want Sansa to yank Long Claw and with great anger take rambo's head.

• Love 1

He also disputes that Jon beats Ramsay to death. Rather, Jon refrains from killing Ramsay in front of Sansa but Ramsay is later fed to his dogs.

First I thought Jon beating Ramsay to death was dumb, now reading that he stops himself from killing him in front of Sansa is even dumber. And if Ramsay is going to be fed to animals, I'd rather it be Ghost & Shaggydog that get to rip him apart. 

Don't deny me of a gruesome and satisfying Ramsay death, D&D.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 3

First I thought Jon beating Ramsay to death was dumb, now reading that he stops himself from killing him in front of Sansa is even dumber. And if Ramsay is going to be fed to animals, I'd rather it be Ghost & Shaggydog that get to rip him apart. 

Don't deny me of a gruesome and satisfying Ramsay death, D&D.

If the rumour is true:

Rickon dies

you may still get your wish.

Someone on 4chan is posting more or less the same spoilers as DMT, with some extra info, such as there being a large number of main characters dying in KL in the finale (not Cersei). Given Javi claiming the little birds scene plays out differently in the show, maybe it's a bigger massacre.

That someone most likely is DMT. Pretty sure that's the same Snowbowl pic he claimed to be the source of, and I think his first deleted reddit account also called Kit a douche, didn't it?

Edited by Lady S.

That someone most likely is DMT. Pretty sure that's the same Snowbowl pic he claimed to be the source of, and I think his first deleted reddit account also called Kit a douche, didn't it?

Could be. I think this guy is the real deal, though. More and more of his information has been corroborated. Ramsay's line from the trailer ("Do you like games, little man?"), if it refers to Rickon, could corroborate another point of TBH's account, which DMT has said is mostly true. DMT also guaranteed that Rickon would die without specifying how, which if TBH is correct would align with DMT knowing about the details of Snowbowl and not much else.

Edited by Eyes High

Given how the show has treated Mel as a sex object, "luridly surprising twist" gave me the sickening feeling that she's going to screw Jon back to life. 

That most likely won't happen, but I wouldn't put it past D&D to unnecessarily sexualize the resurrection process.  "Sure, back in season 3 Thoros merely prayed over Beric, but we need an excuse to show Carise's boobs!"

I know what you mean, though. One idea that came to mind was a Jon Snow shadow baby going back into his body ... but that's just so gross. As long as she's not going to fuck Ghost ...

Wow, Masie Williams let this out last night on Seth Myer show :

The waif is no more

That probably is a result of the fight in the trailer.

Edited by FemmyV

Wow, Masie Williams let this out last night on Seth Myer show :

The waif is no more

She wasn't talking about the Waif, she was joking about hitting Faye Marsay repeatedly with the stick while flailing around with her blind contact lenses, and Faye supposedly dying as a result.

I couldn't provide a cite, but I recall that there was a spoiler somewhere that the Waif chases Arya through the streets of Braavos, that they fight, and that Arya kills the Waif. Given that we know for a fact from the trailer and set spoilers that Arya has a chase scene with the Waif, coupled with the rumour that Arya is going to end up in the Riverlands by season's end, it seems likely that the Waif is going to get got.

As for the rumoured KL bloodbath, which seems likely to be a variant on the "little birds" scene, Cersei's out according to the rumour. Jaime's out, since he'll likely wind up at the Twins at season's end (the shot from the trailer of Walder Frey celebrating with Lannister soldiers). Olenna might be out as well, given the news about Diana Rigg being spotted filming in the same area where the Dorne scenes were being filmed, unless Olenna makes it back to KL by season's end. That leaves Kevan, Pycelle, Loras, Margaery, Tommen, Frankengregor, Qyburn, and Mace, assuming all of these characters are still alive by 6x10.

If it's near the book, Kevin and Pycelle should be dying, the little birds do the deed.

Seeing that they may want to end this in maybe 13 episodes next year we will / may get more deaths in that list but I'm pretty sure K & P bite it.

• Love 1

If the showrunners are allowed to make it public that GOT might only have 13 episodes left after season 6, I think a split season with fewer than 20 episodes is practically guaranteed, whatever the final episode count turns out to be. Maybe they'd already reached this compromise with HBO last year when the talk changed from seven to eight seasons, and now that we're getting closer to filming they've revealed that those seasons will be shorter. If they have lots of battles, filming them could be more time-consuming than usual. They must have had this possibility in mind when they planned season 6 and a KL bloodbath that ends Cersei's feuds with the Tyrells and the High Sparrow could set the stage for big changes in season 7.

Docmantistobogan, the guy who has been posting information about Snowbowl, is back on Reddit posting about Season 6.

He more or less confirms the account of TheBuffaloHoove, except to state that Wun Wun is on his hands and knees when he dies and Jon doesn't smile at Wun Wun before he's shot. He also disputes that Jon beats Ramsay to death. Rather, Jon refrains from killing Ramsay in front of Sansa but Ramsay is later fed to his dogs.

Someone on 4chan is posting more or less the same spoilers as DMT, with some extra info, such as there being a large number of main characters dying in KL in the finale (not Cersei). Given Javi claiming the little birds scene plays out differently in the show, maybe it's a bigger massacre.

Interesting information.

Can you post links to those threads so that I can follow along? 

Looking through the latest TVGuide (yes it still exists) with NCW on the cover, there were a few tidbits that seem new to me.

Liam Cunningham says that Davos will find out that Shireen was burned alive and that "he's not concerned with who wears the crown anymore, he's concerned for the citizens of the kingdom". Surely it can only be Melisandre who tells him and I wonder what his reaction will be.

Rhaegal and Viserion "will come into play more than once" this season.

Bran "excels under the tutelage of the 3ER but his ego quickly swells". When TVG visited the set, they were filming a top-secret scene in the cave that "includes a revelation sure to break fans' hearts". I don't know what that could be but it worries me.

Once Arya is cast out into the streets she meets the traveling theater troupe and "the experience makes her question becoming an assassin". Arya's new companions temporarily bring out a joyful side of her we haven't seen since S1. 

Also, the latest EW has the GoT premiere as their "must watch of the week". They call the premiere a "crowd-pleasing opener" that immediately begins at Castle Black "with the eerie, mournful howls of Jon Snow's direwolf Ghost and the gruesome discovery of the Lord Commander's body". 

OMG, I am so ready for the season to begin. 9 more days!!

• Love 6

Looking through the latest TVGuide (yes it still exists) with NCW on the cover, there were a few tidbits that seem new to me.

Liam Cunningham says that Davos will find out that Shireen was burned alive and that "he's not concerned with who wears the crown anymore, he's concerned for the citizens of the kingdom". Surely it can only be Melisandre who tells him and I wonder what his reaction will be.

Rhaegal and Viserion "will come into play more than once" this season.

Bran "excels under the tutelage of the 3ER but his ego quickly swells". When TVG visited the set, they were filming a top-secret scene in the cave that "includes a revelation sure to break fans' hearts". I don't know what that could be but it worries me.

Once Arya is cast out into the streets she meets the traveling theater troupe and "the experience makes her question becoming an assassin". Arya's new companions temporarily bring out a joyful side of her we haven't seen since S1. 

Also, the latest EW has the GoT premiere as their "must watch of the week". They call the premiere a "crowd-pleasing opener" that immediately begins at Castle Black "with the eerie, mournful howls of Jon Snow's direwolf Ghost and the gruesome discovery of the Lord Commander's body". 

OMG, I am so ready for the season to begin. 9 more days!!

Maybe?

We have not seen Hodor in any of the clips, yet we know he's in this season.....Nooooooooo!

cry:

It's a revelation rather than an incident (Meera or Hodor dying), so likely the 3ER informs Bran as to some terrible future development without a vision. The "top secret" part suggests that the 3ER is spoiling something pretty big...another Stark's death, maybe?

It's a revelation rather than an incident (Meera or Hodor dying), so likely the 3ER informs Bran as to some terrible future development without a vision. The "top secret" part suggests that the 3ER is spoiling something pretty big...another Stark's death, maybe?

I don't think the show would spoil a death, since that would make it less shocking: Cersei's prophecy got the show's first flashback, but they cut the valonqar part that hinted at her death; Stannis got a heartwarming scene with Shireen so that it would be more surprising that he ends up burning her. While the revelation could be about how the Starks find even more ways to keep on failing at life, I hope it'll turn out to be something new and different from a TWOW/ADOS plot that's not easy to guess based on the released books.

• Love 1

I don't think the show would spoil a death, since that would make it less shocking: Cersei's prophecy got the show's first flashback, but they cut the valonqar part that hinted at her death; Stannis got a heartwarming scene with Shireen so that it would be more surprising that he ends up burning her. While the revelation could be about how the Starks find even more ways to keep on failing at life, I hope it'll turn out to be something new and different from a TWOW/ADOS plot that's not easy to guess based on the released books.

Yeah, same.  The writers tend to cut down the novels' foreshadowing in many instances to try to make developments more shocking (except in certain instances where it would make certain characters look bad).  

DMT (Reddit spoiler source) has said that the NK busting in on a wedding doesn't happen as far as he knows.

Between DMT and TBH, we now have a more or less complete spoiler account of the BOTB:

Starks, Mormonts and wildlings make up Team Jon. Umbers, Karstarks, some other northern houses, and sellswords fight for the Boltons. Before the battle, Ramsay releases Rickon to run over to the other side but kills him with an arrow before he can make it.

Battle is bloody. A heap of corpses accumulates. Tormund fights Smalljon and kills him. Team Bolton uses their shields and spears to pen Team Jon in against the corpses. Things look pretty grim for Team Jon, until Sansa and Littlefinger, heading up the Vale army, come to the rescue.

Ramsay's forces are defeated. Ramsay flees back to Winterfell, and Team Jon confronts him there. Wun Wun busts through the Winterfell gate but dies after getting an arrow to the eye courtesy of Ramsay. Ramsay dies, either at Jon's hands or on his orders.

Casualties: Ramsay, Rickon, Smalljon, Wun Wun.

Deaths we can assume based on what happens during the battle: Osha, Roose, Walda.

Likely survivors: Jon, Sansa, LF, Tormund, and Davos. Lord Karstark might also survive, since his death has never been specifically mentioned.

Here's the latest Snowbowl thread with DMT, and here's the hellhole of 4chan shitposts.

The thing that gets me about the Reddit guy is how would he know

Wun Wun is on his hands and knees? Ian Whyte films his scenes alone in front of a green screen. And even if Wun Wun is on his hands & knees, I doubt Jon would be able to place his hand on his shoulder. Mostly, I just don't want Wun Wun to die and hope Reddit guy is filling in the gaps on what happens in the WF courtyard.

Snowbowl sounds like a total bloodbath, and while I'm glad the 'bad guys' die, I hate that so many on Team Stark meet grisly ends.

Edited by bunnyblue

TV Guide:

The Onion Knight will be “stepping into the power vacuum” (Hahn’s words) left in the Night’s Watch following Jon Snow’s death. He makes a “daring play to protect the realm.” Says actor Liam Cunningham: “Davos’s world has gone upside down. He learns that Shireen Baratheon, the princess who was like his foster daughter, was burned alive. So he’s not concerned with who wears the crown anymore. He’s concerned for citizens of the kingdom.”

If he learns that Shireen was burned, he has to figure out that it was done by Stannis/Melisandre and not the Boltons. Maybe around mid-season he chooses to let Melisandre go with Jon and accompanies Sansa to Bear Island, because having the Starks in power is the best way to defend the realm? I hope Davos at least gets a good scene where he talks about Shireen and why he has to abandon thoughts of revenge for now. I got worried that Liam Cunningham was everywhere promoting the show because it's his last season, but now I'm thinking that he'll survive after all; that would be a very good thing since Jon/Davos is my dream team.

The first time Dany was in the custody of the Dothraki, she was “scared and sullen,” notes actress Emilia Clarke. “But now she’s evolved as a warrior. She’s got tricks up her sleeve.” Clarke enjoyed the “bare-knuckle” quality of filming Season 6, in contrast to Dany’s comfortable quarters in the Great Pyramid. When asked about getting closer to Westeros, Clarke gives us this much: “She’s not going backward.”

No trip to Volantis, please! Hopefully the final shot of Dany will show her getting on the ship to Westeros.

“Jaime’s guilt is immense,” says Coster-Waldau, referring to the death of Jaime and Cersei’s daughter Myrcella. “He loves Cersei. And there’s nothing worse than seeing someone you love in pain. You do what you can to ease it. That’s Jaime’s focus this season. Love and loyalty drive him.” Having lost much of his fighting skill, the gold-handed knight “has to use his intellect this season.” Hahn’s article begins with telling us what to expect from Jaime, and it ends with another teaser for Jaime’s arc. He “armors up for a major journey before he can avenge his daughter and bring glory to his house again.”

At this point, I feel that Jaime's redemption arc from the books has been completely abandoned after season 3. He's going to the Riverlands for Cersei and glory. I remember reading a while ago that Jaime and Brienne would have a fight because he wants to destroy Riverrun and she tries to talk him out of it: I can see that happening, even though I don't think that person's spoilers have been verified like the Snowbowl extra's who described stuff that's now been spotted in the trailer. If this isn't all buildup for the shock of Jaime snapping and killing Cersei, I don't see where the show is going by keeping them in love and having Jaime try new things to win her over. Or maybe Show Jaime has been made to look worse because he dies with the Freys after Brienne helps Arya execute Red Wedding 2.0, in the spirit of a book plot where Brienne leads him to Stoneheart to be killed and chooses duty over love?

• Love 2

If he avenges his daughter, one would figure that he leads the charge against Dorne in the near future. Either way I find the lack of Dorne acknowledgement for either retaliation against the Lannister's for the death of the crown prince or their preparation for war in retaliation to what happened to Myrcella to be a bit surprising

I wonder why they're pushing the women in power theme in the press when with the exception of Sansa, the main women on this show have all been in control of their own destinies/ in power for quite a while now.

• Love 1

Since the show has cut (f) Aegon - do we think they are even going to do "the dragon has three heads" thing?  I've never thought Tyrion was a secret Targ, but maybe the show goes that way because he's their star?

Bran "excels under the tutelage of the 3ER but his ego quickly swells". When TVG visited the set, they were filming a top-secret scene in the cave that "includes a revelation sure to break fans' hearts". I don't know what that could be but it worries me

Jon is going to die at the end. After doing his part in the battle of dawn

Edited by Edith
“Jaime’s guilt is immense,” says Coster-Waldau, referring to the death of Jaime and Cersei’s daughter Myrcella. “He loves Cersei. And there’s nothing worse than seeing someone you love in pain. You do what you can to ease it. That’s Jaime’s focus this season. Love and loyalty drive him.” Having lost much of his fighting skill, the gold-handed knight “has to use his intellect this season.” Hahn’s article begins with telling us what to expect from Jaime, and it ends with another teaser for Jaime’s arc. He “armors up for a major journey before he can avenge his daughter and bring glory to his house again.”

So Jaime proving the love that he has for Cersei (and their children) is basically his focus this season? Gah, I just have to accept the fact that show Jaime is never going to be what I want him to be. 

I honestly don't get it when it comes to the choices that they make with his character. I like NCW and over the years I've seen hints of things I've liked that the show has done with the character, but mostly it's been disappointing since Jaime is my favorite character from the books.

It seemed like there was some minor progress on the Jaime/Cersei front last season when Bronn showed his skepticism and asked Jaime if the woman he loves feels the same way about him. I was sure that we were on the way to having Jaime finally wake up, but so far it seems like he's never going to have a moment on the show that's the equivalent of him burning Cersei's letter.  

• Love 5

Titles for

Episode 2 is Home

Episode 3 Oathbreaker

So Home...I'm guessing Dany arriving to Vaes Dothrak, Euron to Pike, Bran vision in Winterfell, Sam getting home

Oathbreaker...flashback to Jaime killing Aerys? Jon Snow ditching the Night Watch?

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1

It seemed like there was some minor progress on the Jaime/Cersei front last season when Bronn showed his skepticism and asked Jaime if the woman he loves feels the same way about him. I was sure that we were on the way to having Jaime finally wake up, but so far it seems like he's never going to have a moment on the show that's the equivalent of him burning Cersei's letter

To be fair to Jaime, last season's mission failed. He failed to protect his daughter. It's not surprising that he's still trying to prove himself to Cersei. I assume that this season when he sees Cersei at her absolute worse that he'll break out of it.

• Love 1

There's a scene later in Season 6 where Jaime and Brienne argue at the Lannister camp outside Riverrun.

If Tyrion isn't a secret Targ in the books, he won't be one in the show. I'm not convinced that the dragon pit scene will answer the question, since Varys would likely intervene before the dragons could get close enough to Tyrion to do serious damage. (I'm kind of confused as to why Varys would let Tyrion near the dragon pit in the first place, if Tyrion is as important to Varys' plans as he seems to think.)

Edited by Eyes High

Titles for

Episode 2 is Home

Episode 3 Oathbreaker

So Home...I'm guessing Dany arriving to Vaes Dothrak, Euron to Pike, Bran vision in Winterfell, Sam getting home

Oathbreaker...flashback to Jaime killing Aerys? Jon Snow ditching the Night Watch?

"Home" could refer to just about any character longing for or going home so I can't even begin to guess who it refers to .

I agree with you that "Oathbreaker" may refer to Jaime & Jon. Although they better not harp too much on Jon being an oathbreaker because technically he is not. Where is Samwell Tarly to interpret the Night's Watch vows for everyone? Argh.

• Love 1

There's a scene later in Season 6 where Jaime and Brienne argue at the Lannister camp outside Riverrun.

If Tyrion isn't a secret Targ in the books, he won't be one in the show. I'm not convinced that the dragon pit scene will answer the question, since Varys would likely intervene before the dragons could get close enough to Tyrion to do serious damage. (I'm kind of confused as to why Varys would let Tyrion near the dragon pit in the first place, if Tyrion is as important to Varys' plans as he seems to think.)

I'm not sure the show wouldn't switch the dragon's head characters around if they could save themselves from casting another major character. I used to think if the show removed a character - they must not matter in the end game. Now I think the show will just fuse an important character with someone else's story if they think they can get away with it. Especially if it advanced a character that their audience already knows and loves.

I believe Tyrion will be important to Dany's story in the end - but in the show he is so much more advanced to where he is in the books that I believe they are using him to cover other character's stories. I just wonder if they might do that with the dragons as well.

I really don't think Tyrion is a secret Targ in the books - but the show could make him one or they could just retcon the Lannisters as having old Targ blood like the Baratheons did instead.  After all Quentin thought he might have enough dragon blood to survive - maybe the show will just say Tyrion does.

Could it be a revelation about the past? Maybe some detail about Robert's rebellion that shows that Ned Stark was the honorable man we all thought he was, or something to do with the Tower of Joy that didn't actually play out the way most fans assume it did?   

OK here's a link it was presented in the WOTW site by Luka Nieto he/she clipped the relevant part and spoiled tagged it there, but it's long so I'll just paste the link to the article and Luka's snippet.

http://watchersonthewall.com/another-season-3-cast-member-confirmed-to-return-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

THIS Is ALL SPECULATIVE on his/her part

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TvTSBrasEhFRtQ4gcTLtQoaIEubScpgxBxleHkp2tvU/edit

It's the same thing Lady S put in upthread but further down in the comments.

Edited by GrailKing

I think Thoros is going to meet Arya. Though it could be hard for her to trust him again, she might need more human allies, not just Brienne and Nymeria's pack, if the Riverlands plot this season is buildup to her wrecking the Freys in season 7. If she finds him hanging a Frey that could help.

It seemed like there was some minor progress on the Jaime/Cersei front last season when Bronn showed his skepticism and asked Jaime if the woman he loves feels the same way about him. I was sure that we were on the way to having Jaime finally wake up, but so far it seems like he's never going to have a moment on the show that's the equivalent of him burning Cersei's letter.  

His adaptation has been so weird that I keep on thinking it has to have something to do with the showrunners' knowledge of his final fate. Season 6 felt like it foreshadowed Cersei burning KL and Jaime dying in the arms of the woman he loves because he kills her.

So pumped about Lyanna Mormont. More interesting is Liam Cunningham's remark about certain individuals making a mess of the parlay at Bear Island, which makes it sounds like there are other parties present besides Davos, Sansa and Lyanna. I'm guessing that those individuals are Northern lords not thrilled at the prospect of taking on the Boltons.

It seems likely that the Bear Island scene with Davos, Sansa and Lyanna is the big Northern lords scene that was filmed in December, with these characters cast for it:

1. "Boyce": 20something hotheaded, rugged nobleman with a Northern accent thrust into a position of power before he is ready. Only shooting for one day of filming (December 16th, 2015). Speculated by WOTW to be Lord Cerwyn (the previous Lord Cerwyn was flayed by Ramsay).

2. "Fletcher": Fat 60something nobleman with a Northern accent. He gives a stirring speech during which he shifts allegiances. Speculated by WOTW to be some streamlined version of Lord Manderly.

I believe Tyrion will be important to Dany's story in the end - but in the show he is so much more advanced to where he is in the books

Is he really that much more advanced, though? It seems more as if he's assumed the role Barristan had in the books: trying to manage a Dany-less Meereen while it slowly spirals into chaos. 

Based on the information we have about Season 6, it seems like a good deal of it will be "cleanup" of material that's already been published (Mercy chapter, Northern lords back in the picture, little birds scene, Greyjoys, etc.). There are a few spoiler-spoilers lurking, though:

KL: Big massacre at the end of Season 6.
Meereen/Dany: Dany winding up leading the Dothraki; Dany reuniting with her Meereen peeps. 

North: Jon's resurrection and decision to abandon the NW; outcome and casualties of the battle of the bastards; Sansa restored to a Bolton-free Winterfell.

Arya: Escaped the FM and back in the Riverlands.

Bran: R+L=J confirmed; possible other spoilers via visions or Bloodraven; outcome and casualties of WW attack on cave (if any).

Dorne: Varys meeting up with the Martells (hard to call this is a spoiler since the Aegon and Arianne storylines involving Varys and the Martells were excised).

Riverlands; Hound confirmed alive.

Seems like most of the deaths will be centered in the Northern storylines (Wall, Snowbowl, cave, etc.) and in KL (if that big massacre indeed takes place). 

Regarding that big massacre rumoured to take place in KL at the end of the season, from what accounts there are there are more victims than in the little birds scene in the books. Possible victims? The list of characters in KL alive as far as we know as of that point in Season 6 are as follows: Tommen, Loras, Margaery, Mace, Frankengregor, Qyburn, High Sparrow, Lancel, Septa Unella, Kevan, and Pycelle.

Edited by Eyes High

I think Thoros is going to meet Arya. Though it could be hard for her to trust him again, she might need more human allies, not just Brienne and Nymeria's pack, if the Riverlands plot this season is buildup to her wrecking the Freys in season 7. If she finds him hanging a Frey that could help.

His adaptation has been so weird that I keep on thinking it has to have something to do with the showrunners' knowledge of his final fate. Season 6 felt like it foreshadowed Cersei burning KL and Jaime dying in the arms of the woman he loves because he kills her.

I don't think any of the show's adaptations have anything to do with what they know of the character's fate - not anymore.  The butchery of the Dorne and Northern plots have convinced that the show will do what it is convenient for them to do while still reaching the major plot points of the ending.  And I'm not even 100% sure they won't change his ending in some major way.

I spent season five watching the shows looking for clues about what would happen in book six.  Then some plots were so far off course or cut altogether - I got pissed for awhile thinking they must not matter at all and GRRM is just wasting my time with them.  Then I decided that probably isn't the case. Major characters like Arienne and (f)Aegon likely DO matter but D&D are focusing on the cast they started with. So rather than expand like GRRM did - they will wrap everything into Dany.  Tyrion's story will probably not only be his going forward - they will probably wrap a lot of other characters into his plot as well.  They already seem to be rolling Stannis into Jon.  And so on.

At this point, I only think they will hit the very broadest of strokes when it comes to GRRM's ending - like Jon defeats the others with Dany/dragon's help, Dany sits the Iron Throne, Tyrion serves as her hand, etc.... I suspect that almost all of the details will be off and they are simply going to be two different tales from now on.  That is why I am no longer concerned about the show spoiling the books.

ETA: Is he really that much more advanced, though? It seems more as if he's assumed the role Barristan had in the books: trying to manage a Dany-less Meereen while it slowly spirals into chaos.

I almost said this.  If I recall correctly, in the books Tyrion is still trying to keep his own neck alive but I assume he will meet Dany at some point.  But it does seem as if show Tryion's story is now book Barristan's story. I wonder if that means any story Tryion has coming in book six will be dropped?  If GRRM has any intention of keeping Tyrion a "grey hat" at best - I think the show will continue to deviate from the books since they clearly want Tyrion in "white hat" territory.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 2

Titles for

Episode 2 is Home

Episode 3 Oathbreaker

Episode 2 is Homeward Bound 

Regarding that big massacre rumoured to take place in KL at the end of the season, from what accounts there are there are more victims than in the little birds scene in the books. Possible victims? The list of characters in KL alive as far as we know as of that point in Season 6 are as follows: Tommen, Loras, Margaery, Mace, Frankengregor, Qyburn, High Sparrow, Lancel, Septa Unella, Kevan, and Pycelle.

If Varys wants maximum chaos then it seems like the High Sparrow would be a good person to add along with Kevan and Pycelle since he's trying to do things like feed the people.

Tommen doesn't seem like he'll be in the scene where Kevan and Pycelle are killed. I still like the idea of Tommen being a casualty of the invasion of the White Walkers. 

This massacre has been rumoured to be a bloodbath of characters the show has never seen before. I think the greatest number of named characters killed off at once would be three (Robb/Catelyn/Talisa, Ygritte/Pyp/Grenn). Maybe I'm too susceptible to hype, but I think at least four named characters would have to die to push this massacre ahead of the others, especially if Snowbowl is the bloody affair it's been rumoured to be.

It could be that the massacre and the little birds scene are different scenes. I hope Frankengregor actually gets to wreck shit as opposed to glowering menacingly all season long.

His adaptation has been so weird that I keep on thinking it has to have something to do with the showrunners' knowledge of his final fate.

I get the sense that GRRM's core characters, being the characters whose endings he's always known and the key characters in 1993--Jon, Arya, Dany, Tyrion, and Bran--have arcs that must hit certain beats in the TV show and the adaptation, while everyone else is fair game to be shuffled around at will. The core five's arcs have undergone relatively little mutilation compared to second-tier characters; anyone off that list, on the other hand, such as Sansa and Jaime, gets moved around and gets their stories slashed to ribbons or repurposed as D&D require. Arya gets her Braavos arc, while Sansa loses her Vale arc and gets slapped with Book Jeyne's story instead.

I'm an optimist, but I think a lot of the weirder choices that D&D seem to make will make more sense, if not perhaps perfect sense, in the long run. For example, Sansa getting Jeyned was clearly in retrospect a crude setup for Sansa having a far stronger personal grudge against Ramsay than she would have otherwise had in Season 6 (although I'm not sure why she needed it given her already-strong hatred of Ramsay), but of course the writers couldn't say that when trying to explain themselves in Season 5 and instead blathered on about what a waste it would be to bench Sophie Turner for a season.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

I still have a hard time imagining the show version of Varys orchestrating a bloody murder spree.  Though I guess this could just be an instance where there's snapback to the book character, and his leaving Meereen certainly points to his being behind it.