Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Blood And Oil in the News

I saw a commercial for this tonight.  Apparently the title of the show has been changed to Blood & Oil.

This show sounds like it trying to be Dynasty for the new millennium.  It has the same title Dynasty started out with, it had it's title changed like Dynasty and it sounds like one of the plots is the daughter of the patriarch lead character sleeping with dad's driver on the sly...which is straight out of Dynasty season 1 with Fallon.  If this show makes it to season 2, a bitchy British ex wife is totally showing up.

• Love 3

This show sounds like it trying to be Dynasty for the new millennium.  It has the same title Dynasty started out with, it had it's title changed like Dynasty and it sounds like one of the plots is the daughter of the patriarch lead character sleeping with dad's driver on the sly...which is straight out of Dynasty season 1 with Fallon.  If this show makes it to season 2, a bitchy British ex wife is totally showing up.

It pretty much is Dynasty or even Dallas with the whole oil theme.

It actually feels a little like a prequel to Dallas to me... the making of Jock Ewing (Chace's character).

It could've very well have been a Dallas prequel, it had that similar feel.

It actually feels a little like a prequel to Dallas to me... the making of Jock Ewing (Chace's character).

Jock Ewing wasn't this stupid before he hit it rich with oil. Plus we already had a Dallas: The Early Years, which told us the making of Jock Ewing and how he and Digger Barnes, who were friends, became enemies.

Jock Ewing wasn't this stupid before he hit it rich with oil. Plus we already had a Dallas: The Early Years, which told us the making of Jock Ewing and how he and Digger Barnes, who were friends, became enemies.

LOL - I didn't mean literally Jock Ewing - I just meant a story of how a dynasty like the Ewing family could have started. True, this guy feels more like Digger Barnes, but ...

This show sounds like it trying to be Dynasty for the new millennium.  It has the same title Dynasty started out with, it had it's title changed like Dynasty and it sounds like one of the plots is the daughter of the patriarch lead character sleeping with dad's driver on the sly...which is straight out of Dynasty season 1 with Fallon.  If this show makes it to season 2, a bitchy British ex wife is totally showing up.

I say go all-in and hire Joan Collins as Alexis Morell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan Briggs [insert name of current much younger trophy husband here].

Blood and Oil effectively canceled, episode order cut to 10

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abcs-blood-oil-episode-order-834359

Boo! I was really hoping third time would be the charm with Johnson. Well, second time, since he was executive producer from the get go with Nash Bridges.  But then again, I remember who developed this.

So I'll just watch for Johnson before I go back to watching Miami and Nash to get my Don Johnson fixes.

How The Major Networks Are Secretly Cancelling Shows Without You Knowing

The latest marketing gimmick:
if you announce that the show is being cancelled, then people will stop watching the show altogether,
which will affect other shows on the same network on the same night,
and ultimately affect the whole network.

Instead, "reduce the episode order", shut down production, quietly replace the show in January (after watching 2 weeks of holiday specials) with a midseason show, don't bring it back in March (because there are no more episodes anyway), and annouce that it is cancelled in May when everyone has forgotten about it

• Love 1