Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: The Murder In The Middle East

When a powerful member of the Iranian parliament kidnaps Arastoo (guest star Pej Vahdat) to have him aid in a murder case, Booth and Cam head to Iran, and the rest of the Jeffersonian team must race against the clock to help expose the killer. Meanwhile, Brennan discovers the truth about Booth’s growing gambling habit, and she turns to Aubrey for help to keep her and Christine safe from her husband’s menacing bookie.

Cam and Arastoo are not interesting to me in the least so this was a snoozefest for me. The only interest I had was Booth/Brennan and that was less than satisfying.   I appreciate a little drama in their relationship and look forward to a juicy reunion, but I don't like this side of Booth.

• Love 3

Was that the real Tehren in the establishing shots? I'm always surprised when repressive dictatorships allow american shows to shoot stories that criticize them. And yet it happens so often.

I have a huge tolerance for stories hat make me suspend disbelief and just go with it, but the whole concept of the murder investigation in Iran was ridiculous. I could maybe buy them kidnapping Arastoo to look at the remains but that's about it. Not Booth going and interrogating people in Tehran.

I also hate the gambling addict side of Booth, but that's kind of to be expected. I think I'm mostly just irritated that he doesn't realize there is a problem. I really liked Brennan in this episode, though.

I would hate a kid like Christine in real life. "We have to always be precise" *rolls eyes*.

• Love 1

I just keep thinking that Sweets would really improve this whole storyline with Booth.   I do realize Sweet's death is one of the trigger's for this relapse, but I would think that 3 months in prison would have been enough to justify this storyline and then Sweets could have mediated his recovery.  I'm sure we are about to face a "Booth is so strong he picks himself up by his bootstraps and sets his life right just because of love" and it's going to make my eye twitch.

I just keep thinking that Sweets would really improve this whole storyline with Booth.   I do realize Sweet's death is one of the trigger's for this relapse, but I would think that 3 months in prison would have been enough to justify this storyline and then Sweets could have mediated his recovery.  I'm sure we are about to face a "Booth is so strong he picks himself up by his bootstraps and sets his life right just because of love" and it's going to make my eye twitch.

Yea me too :(.

Seconded. I hope it's not too much in that regard though and I REALLY hope it's not... that his gambling causes them to separate or get a divorce. If that happens, THAT'S IT for me. I won't even bother to watch the show anymore. That's just cheap.

• Love 2

Now Brennan is fluent in Farsi? Not just knows some, but fluent? Really??

It seems to me that in the very beginning of the series, they mentioned something along these lines. She was supposed to be multi-lingual given all the digs she'd been on in her past.

3D printing the bones seemed a bit ridiculous. I believe the process is pretty time consuming, and a whole skeleton would take forever. I agree that Booth going out to interview suspects was beyond stupid (way to keep a low profile).

I wonder where they got the shots of Tehran. I can't imagine they had the budget (and visas) to actually go there. It does look like a pretty beautiful city, actually.