Type keyword(s) to search

Grandfathered - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Annalise is once more the MVP - loved the young couple asking her to take their first family photo. "Sure, I guess I'm everyone's bitch today." Then she drops and breaks the camera, LOL.

Cliffhanger ending. Hard to say if this show gets renewed. Ratings are crap but they were crap for  (much more expensive show) Scream Queens and that got renewed so who knows. Fox is desperate.

(edited)

Ah, but Scream Queens has Ryan Murphy behind it, he of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck fameMuch as I love John Stamos, I don't think he's valued as highly as someone who's a proven hit maker. 

Edited by designing1
Fixed italics.
9 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

You mean like every single plot of "Three's Company"?   :-)

But at least Three's Company wrapped things up before the credits rolled every ep.

5 hours ago, designing1 said:

Ah, but Scream Queens has Ryan Murphy behind it, he of Glee, American Horror Story, and Nip/Tuck fameMuch as I love John Stamos, I don't think he's valued as highly as someone who's a proven hit maker. 

And I think it's about who owns the show which is why, even with dimmer ratings, I've seen some prognosticators think The Grinder has a better shot.

(edited)

I'm trying to imagine how one goes to LAX and finds someone getting on a flight to NYC. 

Why didn't Jimmy just call Sara?

I haven't watched the past few eps of The Grinder - they're still sitting on my DVR. I've thought about deleting them. It sort of just seems like the same episode every week with slight tweaks.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jillybean said:

I'm trying to imagine how one goes to LAX and finds someone getting on a flight to NYC. 

I loved how it subverted the whole rom-com trope of catching the object of one's affection just as she was about to board the plane in order to declarer his undying love and propose to her on the spot while everyone else looks on, claps, and cheers when she says yes.  That's such a trite staple of rom-coms that everyone in the airport thought that's what they were watching unfold before their very eyes, which is why I loved how they all booed Jimmy when they heard that he was there specifically to break up with Catherine.  How dare he cheat them out of their happy ending!

And of course Gerald, who was raised on a steady diet of those rom-coms and other assorted chick flicks, would have this complicated, over-the-top plan for proposing to Vanessa.  If this show does get renewed, what do you want to bet that Gerald is going to want the big, over-the-top wedding?  It'll be the first opposite sex wedding with TWO Bridezillas!

• Love 1

I'm sorry to hear this. This show was sweet. I don't generally like sweet, but this show felt comfortable. It was un-challenging. It was really nice.

I like John Stamos and he had chemistry with everyone in the cast, especially the little one(s) who played the granddaughter. And I have quite the crush on Paget Brewster. Oh well.

• Love 1

Yeah, sorry to see it go as this was my Tuesday comfort show. But I'm not shaking my fists at the skies in rage over the injustice the way I am for the Galavant and Agent Carter cancellations. (ABC, we are through!)

• Love 1