Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

My theory, based on all we've been told about how devastating Capshaw is in the coming episodes, is that Callie will win custody and Arizona will break down upon hearing the verdict.  Callie may even actually leave but in the end, I think in a reverse callback , Callie ends up at Arizona's door with Sophia (consistent with Penny not being in the episode because she's already in NY) and says she just couldn't do it.  In my fantasy version they also get back together but I'm much more pragmatic.  I think seeing Arizona and Sophia saying goodbye to each other will be what breaks Callie and makes her stay in Seattle.  And really, it's the right decision.  Not because she doesn't deserve love and happiness but because it was not a well thought-out decision. 

I think that is what will happen too, and it would fit in with Sara being done filming.  They probably got in as many JCap scenes as they could before she goes into labor, and if Sara is not in the finale until the last scene (which is what I think will happen) then they could have shot that ahead of time.

• Love 3

It did seem like there were more double up days for 23 and 24 than usual. Jessica mentioned in an interview about 3 weeks ago that she was due any day, so maybe she even had the baby and came back to film a little more, who knows?

I think Penny will leave in 23, and Callie will have every intention of following her, but whatever disaster happens in 24 forces an all hands on deck situation which will delay her (there was a pic of Sara in her scrubs and trauma gown), then Sofia will act out in some way or another and that will be the 2x4 that hits Callie over the head that she seems to constantly need to see past her own nose.

The way it played out it seemed like Callie was upset at hearing Penny say that Arizona was fine working with her (more proof for Callie that Arizona doesn't care) and that Callie seems to think that the best way to "officially" move on is not having to see Arizona every day.

I may be slow but I just noticed episode 22 is called “Mama Tried.”  I'm fairly certain that in the episode where Arizona asks Callie for "a piece of paper" saying she's Sophia's mom, she also mentions that Sophia calls her Mama.  Yup, I found the quote. “She’s my baby. I mean she’s yours and she’s Mark’s, but she’s mine too. I mean i’m only one that can get her to go back to sleep in the middle of the night. And she calls me mama. And I know that it sounds like it’s babbling, but she’s saying it to me because i’m her mama.”  So yeah, I think the title is a direct indication that Arizona loses this custody battle. Can someone come take this knife out of my heart, please?

• Love 1

I really wonder how Callie is going to come back from this. There are plenty of times on this show where I dislike choices characters make, think they come off as selfish, immature, etc. I like the realistic and not-always-squaky-clean portrayals that Grey's gives. BUT this just seems so out-of-character and really selfish and even cruel. Her relationship with Arizona has been good since the divorce, and now after a few months with a new girl she's ready to take their daughter away, uprooting all of their lives with very little thought. It's not fair to Arizona, especially after she stepped up to raise this baby as her own for all these years. I hope it isn't just a cutesy moment and then we're expected to forget about everything. 

• Love 1
(edited)

the full press release for the finale is out....

Family Affair” – Meredith and Maggie support Amelia on an important day; Jo reveals that she has been keeping secrets from Alex while Arizona and Callie deal with the impact of their custody arrangement. Meanwhile, Ben leaps into action to help a friend, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, MAY 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“Grey’s Anatomy” stars Ellen Pompeo as Meredith Grey, Justin Chambers as Alex Karev, Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey, James Pickens, Jr. as Richard Webber, Sara Ramirez as Callie Torres, Kevin McKidd as Owen Hunt, Jessica Capshaw as Arizona Robbins, Jesse Williams as Jackson Avery, Sarah Drew as April Kepner, Caterina Scorsone as Amelia Shepherd, Camilla Luddington as Jo Wilson, Jerrika Hinton as Stephanie Edwards, Kelly McCreary as Maggie Pierce, Jason George as Ben Warren, Martin Henderson as Nathan Riggs and Giacomo Gianniotti as Andrew DeLuca.

Guest cast Eva Ariel Binder as Sofia, Joe Adler as Intern Isaac, Barbara Montgomery as Louise and others TBA.

this leaves me really hopeful since Sofia is in the episode and Penny isn't.  I have a feeling that Callie, for whatever reason, doesn't wind up going to NY.  of course it does say other TBA so maybe they are just trying to minimize spoilers.  

Also, all signs are pointed to an Amelia/Owen wedding but I really hope not.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

If Owen and Amelia are getting married already.... damn. 

Another time jump? I wonder if the wedding even happens or if it will be another wedding that goes bust.

Jo reveals that she has been keeping secrets 

How many secrets are there, lol? Damn, we've barely seen Jo for two seasons so I guess those secrets have been piling up.

• Love 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

If Owen and Amelia are getting married already.... damn. 

i've seen some speculation that Amelia is pregnant and its a shotgun wedding...but Shonda's never been one to care about marriage/child norms so I don't know if that would be the case.  Plus Amelia's already (technically) had a baby without being married so it would be weird if she suddenly felt the urge to get married.  

I want to be interested in Jo's secrets, but knowing this show they are going to be something totally lame so I am keeping my expectations low.  

Edited by Greysaddict
7 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Another time jump? I wonder if the wedding even happens or if it will be another wedding that goes bust.

How many secrets are there, lol? Damn, we've barely seen Jo for two seasons so I guess those secrets have been piling up.

Well, Owen may need to interrupt his own wedding once his secret sister Megan shows up from....wherever she has been.

I think its interesting that there has still been no inkling of anything happening between Meredith and Nathan, at least not in the ABC stuff.  I wonder if that is intentional and if it means that the stuff that is mentioned will be afterthoughts.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, CED9 said:

What's interesting to me is that it says William Harper wrote it, not Shonda as was previously reported.

That was just fan speculation from an off-hand remark Ellen Pompeo made on the Ellen show. 

11 minutes ago, windsprints said:

From the looks of it April is still pregnant in the finale, so I don't know how big of a time jump they could really do. If it is an Owen / Amelia wedding, maybe his sister shows up. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

That was just fan speculation from an off-hand remark Ellen Pompeo made on the Ellen show.

Ah, thank you. I listened too much to the Callie/Arizona fans who got themselves worked up over "Shonda wrote it, so Sara's leaving."

I saw an interesting thought that the Callie and Arizona might have to go through court ordered mediation and having to work through that is what causes the tension.

Edited by CED9

What makes people think that Owen and Amelia are getting married? God, I really hope not, it would be craziness. A possible Callie/Arizona reunion in the aftermath of a custody battle already sounds bad enough, a shotgun wedding after bloody years of a completely undefinied merry-go-round of a relationship would be much worse. If they do both I might as well throw in the towel as there's only so much BS I can take. 

Besides, I don't see how it could even theoretically work without a pretty major time jump. On second thought, maybe that is what happens. We skip a year ahead and Callie and Sofia are back from NY already. Which would be the most stupid way to resolve that storyline, so I actually half-expect it to go down like that.

(edited)

What makes people think that Owen and Amelia are getting married?

The description says that its an important day for Amelia plus the photos from the church - its all speculation that there would be a wedding.

Since its a Grey's finale it could turn into Megan runs down Owen as she returns from the dead right as he's leaving for the church to marry Amelia (that part is a joke).

Edited by windsprints

Unless its a funeral (and even then depending on who dies) its seems like there would have to be some kind of time jump.  Any church wedding would have to be planned and invitations sent, etc.  If its a christening, then the baby has to be born, etc.  I can't think of much else that would be held in a church with people dressed up. 

Other than maybe Stephanie and Callie (and I guess Jo depending on her "secrets") I wonder if there will be any other contract-related cliffhangers?

(edited)

Any ideas as to what Jo's secret could be? She has a baby? She's Hunt's daughter? Izzie's half sister?

She's a ghost? 

5dp1yh.jpg

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 4

Maybe Jo went and got a marriage license for herself and Alex and she's been planning a wedding all along. Lol.

I only hesitate on it being an Amelia/Owen wedding because Kevin was out and about with the fans when they were filming there, and while he was a little bit dressed up, he wasn't "groom" dressed up. I would think they would hide whoever would be getting married.

• Love 1

I want to be interested in Jo's secrets, but knowing this show they are going to be something totally lame so I am keeping my expectations low.  

I genuinely believe this could be the quickest yet still a cheap way to split up Jolex without making Alex look like the jerk. I'm sure we'll find out Jo has some deep villainous secret that Alex just can't get past despite her being a loyal and supportive girlfriend for a handful of years now.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CED9 said:

Maybe Jo went and got a marriage license for herself and Alex and she's been planning a wedding all along. Lol.

I only hesitate on it being an Amelia/Owen wedding because Kevin was out and about with the fans when they were filming there, and while he was a little bit dressed up, he wasn't "groom" dressed up. I would think they would hide whoever would be getting married.

Jo is Mark Sloan's kid---

Jo was pregnant, terminated and never told Alex--

Jo was pregnant when living in her car, gave the baby up for adoption--

Jo can't have kids--

Jo shot someone in self-defense when she lived in her car, charges dismissed--

Church -- any chance it's a flashback to something from someone's past vs a new real time thing?

2 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Any ideas as to what Jo's secret could be? She has a baby? She's Hunt's daughter? Izzie's half sister?

She's a ghost? 

5dp1yh.jpg

Another one -- some posted in reply to CED -

How about Megan's daughter - do we know if she's older or younger than Owen?

• Love 2

This could be fun for us while we wait:

• Jo was born Joe
  • She's in the witness protection program. Jo is her alias; she's really a mafia princess worth millions.
  • She's Meredith latest popup half sister via a Thatcher affair. Meredith Spidey-sensed it so that explains why she hated her.
  • She's already married - married someone years back so he could stay in the country and never divorced.
  • Has been dating DeLuca. She met him 2-3 years ago and has been seeing him the whole time Alex was up Meredith's ass.
  • She's pregnant.
  • She's pregnant but he's not the father.
  • She can't have children, had an abortion or whatever reproductive issue the show wants to address.
  • She's Megan. Megan had plastic surgery because she didn't want to be found. She came to Seattle and is plotting to kill Owen.
  • She moved out 6 months ago and felt bad so goes to the loft here and there when she knows Alex will be there. He didn't notice because he's always at Meredith's.
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, windsprints said:

This could be fun for us while we wait:

• Jo was born Joe
  • She's in the witness protection program. Jo is her alias; she's really a mafia princess worth millions.
  • She's Megan. Megan had plastic surgery because she didn't want to be found. She came to Seattle and is plotting to kill Owen.

One of these, please. Or she's a ghost (I'm really stuck on that one.)

I'm so ready for Grey's to just go fully off-the-wall. I mean, why the hell not, at this point? Imagine the forums when Joe reveals she's a transgender mafia princess ghost who is also actually Owen's sister? Now THAT is a season finale. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

One of these, please. Or she's a ghost (I'm really stuck on that one.)

I'm so ready for Grey's to just go fully off-the-wall. I mean, why the hell not, at this point? Imagine the forums when Joe reveals she's a transgender mafia princess ghost who is also actually Owen's sister? Now THAT is a season finale. 

Of course she'll then blow up the hospital ala Melrose Place in the 90s.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, windsprints said:

Of course she'll then blow up the hospital ala Melrose Place in the 90s.

God, I kept expecting Bree Van De Kamp to blow up the place when I first started watching DH. :D

Honestly, all these suggestions don't make any less sense than, say, the Code Pink nonsense from a few episodes back. Alas, it will probably be something really mundane like her applying for a job somewhere else. 

As for the church scene, maybe it's a wedding of a patient they had miraculously (pleonasm, I know) saved and he/she invited them out of gratitude? I really don't see who could be getting married other than Owen and Amelia, and that's really far-fetched. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, windsprints said:

She's Megan. Megan had plastic surgery because she didn't want to be found. She came to Seattle and is plotting to kill Owen.

I would be okay with this. I would be okay with any character plotting to kill Owen. I would be okay with any scenario that ended with Owen dead.

Edited by GreysFan89
  • Love 1

Actually, when I first read about the church scene and the sisters supporting Amelia, I assumed it was about Owen's funeral. And I wouldn't at all be opposed to it, even though another major character death would be beyond ridiculous at this point.

But apparently he's been spotted filming that episode so it can't be that. 

The press release say its an important day for Amelia. I'm not sure Owen's funeral would be worded that way, hee. Now that I'm thinking about it - Amelia's important day where the sisters support her could be her 1 year sobriety couldn't it?  If there isn't a significant time jump a wedding seems so rushed.

Well, Jo being born Joe would certainly explain why she is apparently so freakishly strong!    I am loving these ideas, even though I am still hoping for a killing spree/murder-suicide pact of some kind.  Maybe she is somehow incubating Izzie's eggs under the bed next to her secret arsenal and will force Arizona the OBGYN/Neonatal surgeon to implant them into her at gunpoint.  Either because she is sterile due to years of prostitution on the streets (where she used to live in her car, in case you didn't know), or because she was born Joe.

Jo giddily planning a surprise church wedding for Alex and inviting all of his friends (and Catherine Avery) would literally be the worst, and completely out of the character that they originally introduced, so yeah, I could see it.  

In all seriousness, it could be anything, but it seems as if it is after Alex gains whatever "clarity" he is going to get (a breakup? engagement?), so you would think she would tell him them.  The other confusing thing is the plural,  secrets.  

• Love 1

LOL you guys are cracking me up.  In all seriousness I am pretty sure whatever happening at the church is not a funeral.  I fear my twitter timeline if a character gets a big on screen funeral (since Derek didn't).  

The cast doesn't seem dressed for a funeral though so it's got to be something else.  

(edited)

So glad I found this site and forum; I used to love TWOP and this feels like home........

The whole Callie/Arizona dealing with the impact of their custody arrangement thing....... I'm wondering if Callie does win custody, takes Sophia off to NY and Sophia somehow runs away and finds her way back to Seattle. They did bring on the new young actress to play Sophia, maybe for a bit more acting? This could bring Callie back to Seattle, have her realize what a mistake this all was for THEIR daughter and be a catalyst for an Arizona and Callie reunion. Or maybe  Callie calls Arizona in a panic, they can't find Sophia because she ran away because of all the drama and they put their differences aside and work together to find her. Also providing a catalyst to get them back together and keeps Penny out of the finale. Just throwing another couple of ideas out there and hoping we have an ending a'la season 6 with a Callie and Arizona reunion. Though, with all the Sara contract drama and Shonda notoriously milking everything for all she can, I doubt I could be so lucky.

Edited by JAM615
(edited)
12 hours ago, GreysFan89 said:

I would be okay with this. I would be okay with any character plotting to kill Owen. I would be okay with any scenario that ended with Owen dead.

Nothing is more appealing right now to me than this. Not that I want them to lose another male lead. But darn, his personal stories have been so unappealing for so long; and he's become so unbearable and unprofessional with this Riggs (personal invading professional) stuff that I'm ready for the actor to step behind the camera permanently. 

Not that most of the estrogen brigade doesn't drive me nuts. But reading this this morning actually led to a little "yippee." Gotta respect the gut when it speaks. ?

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1

How about Jo is a pathological liar and was never homeless and abandoned?  That could be huge considering her connection with Alex began based on shared childhood experiences of neglect. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Are they still shooting the finale?Debbie Allen who directs it posted a photo last Saturday saying the shooting is over - that´s a wrap on Season 12 is what she tweeted. Weird.

It seems the actors are rehearsing a scene, and members of the crew waiting for them to finish until they set up the scene.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
20 hours ago, Greysaddict said:

the full press release for the finale is out....

this leaves me really hopeful since Sofia is in the episode and Penny isn't.  I have a feeling that Callie, for whatever reason, doesn't wind up going to NY.  of course it does say other TBA so maybe they are just trying to minimize spoilers.  

Also, all signs are pointed to an Amelia/Owen wedding but I really hope not.  

It all points to it. It will be rushed just like Crowen wedding, writers copy Crowen to smallest details. On top of that I assume Amelia is also pregnant. 

(edited)
18 hours ago, CED9 said:

To me he seemed quite dressed up. I don´t know but he seemed the same as for Crowen wedding,one photo he took with fans in an elegant white shirt/black trousers, the other one from the back he was in a black suit.He looked more stylish to me than when he was dressed up for April/Mathew wedding as a wedding guest.

McKidd tweeted the finale was amazing. He could have meant in general,but I believe he most likely meant regarding to Owen. 

I think this couple Owen and Amelia is a disaster.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
(edited)
2 hours ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

Are they still shooting the finale?Debbie Allen who directs it posted a photo last Saturday saying the shooting is over - that´s a wrap on Season 12 is what she tweeted. Weird.

It seems the actors are rehearsing a scene, and members of the crew waiting for them to finish until they set up the scene.

I believe so on Thursday during the live tweet Sarah said she hadn't even started filming her part of the finale. Sarah also just posted on Instagram that she was on set. Maybe Debbie meant a wrap for Sara and Jessica. Also in the pic Debbie posted she had on the exact same outfit as in thr Prince video which was on April 22.

eta Again. Sarah just posted this picture. Looks like the friend Ben helps is April, or Jackson by the way of April. And are my eyes deceiving me or is that a bruise on Sarah's forehead.

eta can anyone tell whose house that is?

Edited by aprilbabe
  • Love 2

A name change for Sofia, maybe? In S7, Shonda said that Robbin Sloan were middle names, and only Torres was her last name, yet this season, they keep having her refer to Sloan Torres as her last names. 

Could just be bad writing, though.

Meredith references the Judgement of Solomon from the Bible in the narration this week:  

Two young women who lived in the same house and who both had an infant son came to Solomon for a judgment. One of the women claimed that the other, after accidentally smothering her own son while sleeping, had exchanged the two children to make it appear that the living child was hers. The other woman denied this and so both women claimed to be the mother of the living son and said that the dead boy belonged to the other.

After some deliberation, King Solomon called for a sword to be brought before him. He declared that there was only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy's true mother cried out, "Oh Lord, give the baby to her, just don't kill him!" The liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaimed, "It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!"

The king declared the first mother as the true mother, as a true, loving mother would rather surrender her baby to another than hurt him, and gave her the baby. 

Any ideas what the parallel could be? 

(edited)
22 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

Meredith references the Judgement of Solomon from the Bible in the narration this week:  

Any ideas what the parallel could be? 

I watched the sneak peak of Arizona taking the stand (and being ripped apart by Callie's lawyer) before I watched the sneak with Mer's VO referencing the bible story. And what Arizona says on the stand, automatically reminded me of the the Judgement of Solomon (1 Kings 3:16-28).

She says "I want my child and I want her with me, but I know that no matter how this ends, she will survive, she'll be healthy and safe, well taken care of and loved, because we are her mothers... But there is a child at the hospital who will not survive unless I am there, so I have to go."

What Arizona says kind of mirrors the mother who surrendered her baby to the other. I didn't take it as Arizona giving up on Sofia, because however which way this case goes, Arizona will always be a mother to Sofia, and of course, Sofia will always have Callie as her mother as well. Though the mothers may be separated, they will always be there for Sofia regardless of who wins sole physical custody. 

So for me, it just showed that Arizona considered Sofia before her own self. I know that we've yet to see Callie taking the stand, but I hope she also shows selflessness when it comes to Sofia, so that whoever wins custody of Sofia deserves to win.

Edited by searims
  • Love 3

So perhaps the judge realizes Arizona's dedication to Sofia and her selflessness and gives her custody (which I'm feeling is unlikely) or Callie gets custody and sees how it affects Arizona and realizes she can't go through with taking her away.

9 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

So perhaps the judge realizes Arizona's dedication to Sofia and her selflessness and gives her custody (which I'm feeling is unlikely) or Callie gets custody and sees how it affects Arizona and realizes she can't go through with taking her away.

I think it's the latter, but I doubt it's going to happen in this episode. Possibly in the next one or even in the finale. 

Kevin McKidd's interview basically confirmed Callie and Penny are toast. I'm guessing Penny's testimony was favourable to Arizona and she acknowledged her as Sofia's mother. Obviously her heart is not really in this move anymore.

It would be hilarious if she dumped Callie at the airport as they're getting ready to leave. But as they seem to be doing the reenactment of the Africa story with reversed roles, it's more likely that Callie is the one decided to stay in the end. 

That article made me believe even more that Callie will win custody but ultimately will return/remain in Seattle with Sophia.  Whether it's because she has a change in heart or Sophia acts out in some way, I see everyone in Seattle by the end of the finale.  Except Penny.  And I'm totally cool with that. 

(edited)
22 hours ago, aprilbabe said:

I believe so on Thursday during the live tweet Sarah said she hadn't even started filming her part of the finale. Sarah also just posted on Instagram that she was on set. Maybe Debbie meant a wrap for Sara and Jessica. Also in the pic Debbie posted she had on the exact same outfit as in thr Prince video which was on April 22.

eta Again. Sarah just posted this picture. Looks like the friend Ben helps is April, or Jackson by the way of April. And are my eyes deceiving me or is that a bruise on Sarah's forehead.

eta can anyone tell whose house that is?

Thanks.

Is it Ben and Bailey´s house?

So in 22 there will be almost no patients at all? Almost all doctors in the courtroom? McKidd said: “Since most of it takes place in the courthouse, it’s kind of like a really wonderful courtroom drama, like Kramer vs. Kramer.”

Just this courtroom drama? Not my cup of tea.  

I dislike when the show which is supposed to be about medicine changes to a courtrooom drama. What for??? 

This season has been a total disappointment in my opinion. Almost nothing to rewatch, almost no memorable scenes.  

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
(edited)

There will be a patient related storyline as we see Arizona leave the court due to an emergency. But yeah, it looks like it's mostly filler stuff and most of the action takes place in the courtroom. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Joana said:

There will be a patient related storyline as we see Arizona leave the court due to an emergency. But yeah, it looks like it's mostly filler stuff and most of the action takes place in the courtroom. 

I really don´t like this idea of a courtroom drama and knowing now they will try to immitate Kramer vs Kramer as McKidd said it was similar. Instead of spending one whole episode on courtroom drama they should have brought an interesting case one that pulls at your heart but a medical case with a great guest star just like in episode 12. For me this was the highlight of the season. Well-written, I feel need to rewatch it, I find it appealing, great script, great performances.

It may sound harsh but I am not into this whole Kyle drama. The actor lacks something in his portrayal for me to care about Kyle´s fate whether he survives or not.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
14 minutes ago, Joana said:

Yes April and Alex are working on the pregnant teen from a few episodes ago 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, NathanRiggsfan said:

I barely remember the case.

http://images.spoilertv.com/grey-s-anatomy/Season%2012/Promotional%20Episode%20Photos/Episode%2012.22%20-%20Mama%20Tried/143162_0624.jpg.php

Who is that doctor talking to the patient? I have never seen him.

It was the case where the daughter tried to hide her pregnancy from her mother thinking that she would freak out, but the mom ended up being very accepting. I like when they keep some continuity with patients so I'm a bit excited to see this play out. That doctor has never been on the show before, maybe he's some type of specialist - the actor had some great stuff in Mad Men as Ginsberg's father a few years back. 

• Love 3