Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

Jo does have reason to apologize. Not for Alex beating DeLuca, of course but for what transpired before.

She's lied repeatedly to Alex and has been stringing him along and has harped about him lying to her! Remember Izzy's eggs? 

I assume Deluca will turn him in as he should. I really hate that they went this way with Alex at this time. At this point, I can see punching the wall or door in a fit of anger but not beating Deluca up. When he was an intern, sure. Not now, he's matured and this was crappy writing to force Jo's secret out. 

• Love 2

I could potentially see Jo telling Richard what happened, Alex getting suspended but maybe DeLuca decides not to press charges? I can't see this going to court or anything..

There needs to be some consequences but I'm hoping no drawn out legal action mainly because anytime GA has attempted legal action its been so bad IMO.  There's plenty of ways it could go without any awful tv trial where we know Alex isn't going to be sent to the pokey anyway.  Personally, I am far more interested in the emotional fallout for Alex.  Watching Alex dealing with what he's done to DeLuca would be far more compelling to watch then some trial with various people testifying, etc.  Alex has matured but I don't really find him snapping and hitting DeLuca to be out of character but I'm not sure Alex was even aware of how hard he was hitting him. He fought with his brother and had to be pulled off, he hit his father - hitting people isn't new for him.  The difference with DeLuca is that he did absolutely nothing. There was no history or bad blood between them and he did nothing wrong, making it more difficult for Alex to justify his actions to himself.  I think Alex will be guilt ridden and I can see him confessing by the end of the episode as Evie suggested above unless Meredith or someone talks him out of it.

The way the article is worded, just sounds like Shonda knows who it will be and that leads me to believe it isn't just some new character  yet to be introduced.

I also thought that it was either a cast member or someone we've seen before.  LOL, my first thought was "please don't let it be Penny" given TPTB history of bringing back actors they love but thankfully I can't see that happening.  If its a current cast member my guess is that it will be Stephanie.  Maggie will be all tied up in the sister triangle.  Or maybe its because I have such a hard time picturing Maggie being in any real relationship since she always comes across like an 8th grader to me.

I like Jo confiding in Richard. Jo needs someone to talk to so I'm all for it. I don't think it will be about turning Alex in. I think it will be about whether or not she should start divorce proceedings. The story could still be spread out for most of the season even if she makes the decision.  

ETA:  Brief promo in promo thread.  Guess Alex wanting to turn himself in is not correct, at least initially. Going by the promo perhaps its Meredith who turns Alex in to Richard?  

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I also thought that it was either a cast member or someone we've seen before.  LOL, my first thought was "please don't let it be Penny" given TPTB history of bringing back actors they love but thankfully I can't see that happening.  

Why do I have a sinking feeling it will be Erica Hahn?  

(Sitting in a corner, chanting..."Don't worry...she's not ortho.....")

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CED9 said:

They already did amnesia/facial reconstruction SL with Alex and whatsherface ferry crash girl.

Gah!!! Freaking Ava/Rebecca!!!! Oh I LOATHED that story line and that character. 

I didn't realize Alex was like Kung Fu Panda. I mean I knew he was a wrestler in high school, but way back in season 8 (was it?) Jackson basically attacked him for messing with April. Alex never even got a punch in! They better be glad they didn't mess with my Jackson's face. I understand DeLuca is nothing to turn your nose up at, but if you smash Jackson's face in you've gone too far. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OtterMommy said:

Why do I have a sinking feeling it will be Erica Hahn?  

(Sitting in a corner, chanting..."Don't worry...she's not ortho.....")

I hope not. Hahn doesn't seem AZ's type. Hahn is humorless and kind of an angry type. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, BaseOps said:

Some new first-look photos here

Things look heated with Meredith / Alex and Meredith / Richard. 

Thanks for posting this link. There are two adorable pictures of April, Jackson and the new baby. 

13 hours ago, BaseOps said:

The full press release adds a small tidbit; 

Nice to see all four originals involved in the premiere, and it's pretty cool that they all sort of centre around the Alex / Jo story. 

Poor Bailey! She thought she was on her way to a wedding, but instead had to help talk her husband through giving an emergency c-section, assist AZ in operating on April, and next she'll have to investigate DeLucca's beating. All of this in the same night.

• Love 2

I don't think Meredith will turn him in I think she'll be torn but eventually Alex will either do it himself or Jo will tell Richard. DeLuca looks near death. 

While the premiere looks to centre on The aftermath of the Jolex cliffhanger it doesn't look like they'll be having any scenes. 

Regardless of wherher or not Jo tells Alex I'm 100 per cent sure he'll dump her in the premiere and I think they'll stay apart for at least the first half of the season and explore possible new relationships/storylines for them. 

Hopefully in second part of the season they'll reconnect. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Court said:

Jo does have reason to apologize. Not for Alex beating DeLuca, of course but for what transpired before.

She's lied repeatedly to Alex and has been stringing him along and has harped about him lying to her! Remember Izzy's eggs? 

I assume Deluca will turn him in as he should. I really hate that they went this way with Alex at this time. At this point, I can see punching the wall or door in a fit of anger but not beating Deluca up. When he was an intern, sure. Not now, he's matured and this was crappy writing to force Jo's secret out. 

Agree that she is at fault for lying to Alex, but I don't think that part of the storyline is going to be dealt with anytime soon.  I'm hoping that when it does all come out, the writers can manage to frame it in a way that makes it clear that she wasn't doing it just to screw with Alex, but that SHE actually felt like it was her only choice, whether we think it was her only choice or not.  I love Alex, but I can't stomach the "poor Alex, look what that lying bitch made him do" attitude. (Not saying that is what you think, just that it could easily go that way.)  As far as the conversations about Izzie's eggs and the "ring in the drawer," its 100% clear to me that the writers simply have had no plan for Jo until the end of last season and therefore none of that fits or makes sense.  Its even more important now that they have a plan, IMO, to try to right this inconsistent mess and try to be sensitive to the story that they've now chosen for her.

I didn't realize Alex was like Kung Fu Panda. I mean I knew he was a wrestler in high school, but way back in season 8 (was it?) Jackson basically attacked him for messing with April. Alex never even got a punch in! They better be glad they didn't mess with my Jackson's face. I understand DeLuca is nothing to turn your nose up at, but if you smash Jackson's face in you've gone too far. 

All the fights seem to be pretty one sided: one character completely sucker punching another.  Alex came in to apologize to April and Jackson sucker punched him.  Alex walks in on DeLuca and doesn't give him a chance to explain or defend himself, just sucker punches him.  Maggie decides that she is justified in assaulting a patient's loved one and just completely sucker punches her.  It would serve one of them right if they broke their surgical hand or actually got the crap beat out of them once the sucker punching was over.  I think that Jackson would look good with a scar or some kind of imperfection.  He's a little too pretty for my taste LOL!

Regardless of wherher or not Jo tells Alex I'm 100 per cent sure he'll dump her in the premiere and I think they'll stay apart for at least the first half of the season and explore possible new relationships/storylines for them. 

I was under the impression that they were pretty much broken up after he stormed out the first time.  I'm not sure that they are going to explore other relationships for the two of them.  Jo may get closer to DeLuca, but I just can't see Alex with any of the current options.  Meredith is his best friend and will be clearly occupied with Riggs, Stephanie is/was Jo's friend so it would be really snakey of her to move in on Alex and I don't think she cares much for him, and honestly Maggie is the worst combination of emotionally stunted teenager and prissy schoolmarm, so I just can't see Alex putting up with that for long.  But, who knows?

I really wish that Arizona was going to be around in the first two episodes.  I really don't care much what Meredith or Maggie's reaction to Alex/DeLuca is going to be, but I would love to see Arizona's.

Edited by Deanie87
Maggie punched a patient's loved one, not the patient
  • Love 3

s far as the conversations about Izzie's eggs and the "ring in the drawer," its 100% clear to me that the writers simply have had no plan for Jo until the end of last season and therefore none of that fits or makes sense.

I thought that was more about her fear that Alex wasn't as committed to her as she was to him then it was about him lying. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Deanie87 said:

I really wish that Arizona was going to be around in the first two episodes.  I really don't care much what Meredith or Maggie's reaction to Alex/DeLuca is going to be, but I would love to see Arizona's.

This is what makes no sense to me. (beyond, yes Jessica was on maternity leave) Arizona's prized protege beats the hell out of her roommate and her absence is explained as....? She's giving Callie and Sofia and ride to the airport for 2 episodes?

• Love 1

Yeah, they'll need to explain her absence somehow, otherwise it would just be too weird. Unless we're dealing with a really short timespan here and they've compressed two episode into one single night or something. 

I agree that her reaction would be very interesting to see. I guess she would more than anybody else really have the most reason to figure out what the hell happened there exactly. 

• Love 1

Arizona's absence can be pretty easily written in, and it's beyond their control so I don't really care. It seems like the premiere takes place just hours after the wedding, within that night. The next episode could be the next day, or it could be typical Grey's and be days / weeks / months later. Say Arizona went with Sofia to NYC to help her get settled. Meh. I agree that she'd otherwise be central to the story; I never thought of how she has connections to both Alex / DeLuca, so that could be interesting for her to return to. I forget that she and DeLuca were even living together. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 4

@Deanie87 Yes, terribly inconsistent and I don't see how the timeline fits. I can't stand Jo but I don't blame her in any way for Alex beating DeLuca up. That's on him, not her.

When did she change her name? After med school? Ok, so did Richard or whoever the chief was at the time know this due to the school records? When did she leave him? It had to all happen very quickly, right? 

If her ex husband is so rich and powerful, wouldn't it be fairly easy to track her down? I'm assuming he paid for med school? 

I don't know why I'm bothering to figure this out.

Also, shouldn't the police figure out who beat Deluca up? The drs should treat him.

Alex deserves consequences for this. Abut it is going to furstrate me if people who have done worse or just as bad are tougher on him than they were on other characters. 

• Love 2

Well, according to TVLine, they're going to say early on in the episode that Arizona is in NYC with Callie and Sofia. 

Which still confuses me, but they don't care about timelines on this show.

6 hours ago, Court said:

@Deanie87 Yes, terribly inconsistent and I don't see how the timeline fits. I can't stand Jo but I don't blame her in any way for Alex beating DeLuca up. That's on him, not her.

When did she change her name? After med school? Ok, so did Richard or whoever the chief was at the time know this due to the school records? When did she leave him? It had to all happen very quickly, right? 

If her ex husband is so rich and powerful, wouldn't it be fairly easy to track her down? I'm assuming he paid for med school? 

I don't know why I'm bothering to figure this out.

Also, shouldn't the police figure out who beat Deluca up? The drs should treat him.

Alex deserves consequences for this. Abut it is going to furstrate me if people who have done worse or just as bad are tougher on him than they were on other characters. 

Is it established that Jo's ex is rich and powerful. If I remember correctly, she said that he was well-liked and that she was living in her car before she married him. So, would that mean she got married before or during college? Maybe he was a professor, and she changed her name when she went to med school.

1 hour ago, Court said:

I could have made up the rich and powerful part. I think I assumed the rich part because I assumed he paid for med school. 

I don't know if they ever said he was rich...but I'd assume he'd be well off enough to hire resources to find her, since she changed her name and basically went into hiding.  I would also assume, and this may be going too far, that he'd be well off enough for Jo to feel that he was above the law.

• Love 2

Here's a half-joking/half-serious idea about who AZ's new love interest might be. What about her lawyer from the custody trial? I liked that character- I didn't like her advice to April but I thought she was cool when she was on AZ's case. I liked her cross-examinations of Penny and Meredith. I also liked the scene when she & AZ were trying to reach a settlement with Callie and her lawyer before going to trial. At the time I saw the episode I thought that I would watch a show with this character in it, something like the Practice, could be called ShondaLaw.

If this character did make a reappearance, she could be Alex's attorney, (AZ could refer Alex to her). It looks like Alex is going to face a sh*%load of trouble. He'll need good representation.

Edited by mdw
  • Love 3
On September 6, 2016 at 7:23 PM, apn85 said:

Oh gosh, I just watched the Alex's very bad, no good day episode earlier this summer, and the reason he was all off his game and even thinking about hitting on April was because he spent the weekend in Iowa putting his brother in the mental hospital after the brother tried to kill their sister. Chambers sells it, but geez, Shonda! Soooo dramatics! 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Pinecone said:

Oh gosh, I just watched the Alex's very bad, no good day episode earlier this summer, and the reason he was all off his game and even thinking about hitting on April was because he spent the weekend in Iowa putting his brother in the mental hospital after the brother tried to kill their sister. Chambers sells it, but geez, Shonda! Soooo dramatics! 

I love your book reference.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, mdw said:

Is it established that Jo's ex is rich and powerful. If I remember correctly, she said that he was well-liked and that she was living in her car before she married him. So, would that mean she got married before or during college? Maybe he was a professor, and she changed her name when she went to med school.

I don't know if it is established.  I remember Camilla saying in the post season interviews that the writers told her that he was very charismatic, but I feel like it was implied that he was powerful, if not rich.  So he could have been a professor, a lawyer or someone high up either in politics or the medical field.  But if he was that public of a figure, you would think that at least some of the doctors at the ever so prestigious Seattle Grace Mercy West Shepard Gray O'Malley hospital would have recognized his one time wife.  So maybe he isn't that powerful or famous, just rich enough to track her down if he wanted to.  I don't think that there is any indication that he paid for her schooling, it sounded like she got scholarships.  My guess is she married him after college but before med school and changed her name legally along the way.  I'm sure that she would get some kind of form so that her records would still be valid.

None of it will completely make sense, of course, I just hope that the writers have thought about it at least half as much as I have.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

The new tidbits from EW make it sounds like Alex finds out about Jo's past rather quickly. 

But Alex will be just as hurt over learning that Jo isn't who she says she is. "They bonded over their past, and to leave that part of her past out, he’s going to feel very betrayed," Chambers says.

Hmm, that could mean Alex finds out sooner rather than later or that Justin knows/assumes that Alex will feel betrayed when he finds out, which is what we've been speculating. I'm going with the latter. I still think Alex won't find out until the Winter finale at the earliest.

About Jo's past, the only way the husband makes the least bit of sense to me is if she married him out of high school and left him and went to college. I think Jo once said she went to Princeton and then Harvard. I can see how she might have met the kind of guy she described in those environments, but I can't see how she could have disappeared, even if she changed her name. Like say she left him and went to med school. You don't just get into Harvard Medical School overnight and if he knew she was pre-med and had any connections at all, he likely could have tracked her down.

• Love 2

Grey's Anatomy to Explore Domestic Violence in S13

“I don‘t think that I ever think about doing things, like, ‘Oh, we’re doing a domestic violence story as an issue,’” Shonda Rhimes tells EW. “It felt like it was time to tell Jo’s story, and it felt like it was time to tell Jo’s story especially in the context of Alex, who he is and how he grew up. Alex is so defined by who he used to be and who he is trying to become, and so is Jo.”

“That concept is something that we’ve — the writers — have talked about for years, and have always been like, ‘Is this the right time? Is this the right time?’” Rhimes says. “We’ve been trying to figure out when to deploy that. It felt right at this moment in time because Jo’s backstory has always been very intriguing to us, and this idea that she is now fully who she says she is, and that she is somebody who has reinvented herself.”

Full article in the link above, includes quotes from both Rhimes and Justin Chambers. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 1

I'm new here, but coming out of lurking to comment of the Jo/Alex storyline - I have been very unhappy with how the writers have treated jolex in the past few seasons, and think Jo gets such unfair judgement and criticism from so many people. I can't genuinely understand how people refuse to see things from her perspective, and say she's treated Alex badly and doesn't deserve him. I think she probably should have told him her secret earlier, yes, but I completely understand her fear and pain. She's the best thing that's happened to him but gets treated like a pariah. Do people really not see things from her point of view, or do they blatantly refuse to? It baffles me.

that article above finally gives me a little hope. Shonda has promised to deliver in the past and failed, but there's no way she will for an issue of this magnitude. I like that she calls her a survivor, because she is. Her strength gets no recognition. Hopefully this means they will actually explore her emotional standpoint deeper now. 

• Love 3
On 6. 9. 2016 at 9:49 PM, CED9 said:

They already did amnesia/facial reconstruction SL with Alex and whatsherface ferry crash girl.

I have forgotten this. So it is not so realistic they would wash and rinse it again.

On 7. 9. 2016 at 9:32 AM, Chas411 said:

I don't think Meredith will turn him in I think she'll be torn but eventually Alex will either do it himself or Jo will tell Richard. DeLuca looks near death. 

While the premiere looks to centre on The aftermath of the Jolex cliffhanger it doesn't look like they'll be having any scenes. 

Hopefully in second part of the season they'll reconnect. 

I think the same, almost like a bloody massacre on his face, I see no way how he can leave out of it without any scars. Jackson will most likely reconstruct his face but it looks horrendous the way he was beaten up.

Edited by Nobodysfan

They had already done the "Meredith reunites with a long-lost sister" story once, it didn't stop them from bringing Maggie in. I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. Hopefully not, though.

What makes me think that Owen's sister will show up in some way or another is that it's a pretty huge retcon that wouldn't really make sense if they're just gonna leave it like that. There were countless other ways to make Nathan his nemesis if that's what they were after. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Joana said:

They had already done the "Meredith reunites with a long-lost sister" story once, it didn't stop them from bringing Maggie in. I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. Hopefully not, though.

What makes me think that Owen's sister will show up in some way or another is that it's a pretty huge retcon that wouldn't really make sense if they're just gonna leave it like that. There were countless other ways to make Nathan his nemesis if that's what they were after. 

That is true as well.

I still have this idea despite the previous similar storyline that she will somehow get there and neither of them will now it is her and she will not recognise either Owen or  Nathan.

But it would be an EXTREMELY HUGE coincidence Megan (even with amnesia) would suddenly appear in the ONE hospital in the world where precisely both Nathan and Owen work. But it is realistic in Shondaland. IMO

What is Megan´s specialty though??? It was never mentioned, was it? But working as an Ortho surgeon would make sense in a war zone.

Edited by Nobodysfan

I see no way how he can leave out of it without any scars. Jackson will most likely reconstruct his face but it looks horrendous the way he was beaten up.

He may have bruising/scars for a few episodes but I don't think it will last. Doctors at SGH have awesome healing powers. Meredith was back at work with no lingering issues a week after being dead and talking to Denny in the afterlife.  She also had no marks an episode or two after being beat up (there was a time jump though). Everyone popped back to full form quickly after being shot.  No way will they have DeLuca's pretty face show marks for an extended amount of episodes. JMO

I think she probably should have told him her secret earlier, yes, but I completely understand her fear and pain.

I've always liked Jo and a fan of Jolex and think she should have told Alex about her past or at least told him she wanted to be with him but did not want to marry.  The time jumps and some of the behavior in earlier episodes made her not telling him all this time worse for me. I do understand why she would have difficulty telling him but I also understand how Alex can feel betrayed. The fact that both of their POVs make sense (to me) and will be part of the story have me looking forward to it more than if it was really one sided (like so many on GA are IMO).

I'm so glad there will finally be a story for Jo that isn't all about Alex only. Jo desperately needs some development outside of being Alex's girlfriend and I'm hoping this storyline will be a great one for her along with being a great one for  Alex and Jolex.  I'm cautiously optimistic after reading the article above. I've been hoping the story would be about Jo overcoming the abuse & having saved herself by creating her new life because it highlights Jo the survivor and not Jo the victim.  For me that aspect of Jo's personality has been lacking the past couple of seasons (even though she announces here and there that she lived in her car) as she spent seasons just being mopey about Meredith, etc. Alex dealing with what he's done to DeLuca and reacting to Jo's past (when he finally finds out) are equally compelling for me. It feels like forever since Alex had a story that wasn't about Meredith. I'm hoping the end of the season is the two of them coming back together as a couple.  So much potential, I hope its not a let down.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4

From EW Spoiler Room:

Something about Jolex’s storyline on Grey’s Anatomy? I love them so much. — Giusina
It won’t be long before Alex finds out that Jo Wilson isn’t who she says she is. “Obviously, he’s going to find out why she can’t marry him,” Justin Chambers says. “I don’t know where that takes them from there, but he’s hurt, and he’s angry, and he’s wrong, but he’s also right.” Unfortunately for Alex, Jo will have a very strong reaction to what he did. More on that here.

It sounds like its happening at the start of the season. I'm surprised, I thought it would be further into the season. Bring it.

On 9 September 2016 at 6:40 PM, windsprints said:

I'm so glad there will finally be a story for Jo that isn't all about Alex only. Jo desperately needs some development outside of being Alex's girlfriend and I'm hoping this storyline will be a great one for her along with being a great one for  Alex and Jolex.  I'm cautiously optimistic after reading the article above. I've been hoping the story would be about Jo overcoming the abuse & having saved herself by creating her new life because it highlights Jo the survivor and not Jo the victim.  For me that aspect of Jo's personality has been lacking the past couple of seasons (even though she announces here and there that she lived in her car) as she spent seasons just being mopey about Meredith, etc. Alex dealing with what he's done to DeLuca and reacting to Jo's past (when he finally finds out) are equally compelling for me. It feels like forever since Alex had a story that wasn't about Meredith. I'm hoping the end of the season is the two of them coming back together as a couple.  So much potential, I hope its not a let down.

I completely agree. I think the problem that we've been having with Jo, and why she has garnered basically zero empathy from a lot of people, is because they haven't written her from a position of empowerment like you said. There is so much tell, not show, going on with her and she has lost nearly all of the sass and edge she had when she first came into the show. The difference is that some people are aware that this is mostly a result of the horrendous neglect from the writers, causing such inconsistencies in her behaviour, Whereas a lot of others don't bother to analyse her motivations and simply write her off as whiny - I don't fully blame them for this either, because a character gets received the way the writers want them to (ie Maggie). In Jo's case they just didn't care, she was always the first tossed into the fire, and first in line as a punching bag when the show needed one.I hope that they realise this and make a conscious effort to start giving depth to her emotions and allowing the audience a proper understanding of her character that she's been denied in the past. 

I too too am glad this storyline won't involve Meredith (except for the deluca part this episode, I hope that's where her involvement subsides). I also wouldn't mind for it to take the whole season for them to make their way back to eachother - If it happened in the sense that Jo was shown to grow and work through some of her insecurities and discover her medical calling, then I would be all for it. I do think that the husband will show up (it's greys), probably due to Jo filing for divorce. I personally would like to see Jo in a position of strength and hopefully the writers won't fail her or jolex this time.

• Love 1

New press release.

13x02: “Catastrophe and the Cure” – Meredith considers her loyalties, as Alex deals with the repercussions of his actions. Newlyweds Amelia and Owen host a dinner party with unlikely guests, and Jackson proposes an arrangement to help April through her recovery, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

Guest starring are Sumalee Montano as Lena McCallister, Kimberly Quinn as Reena Thompson and Rusty Schwimmer as Patricia Phillips. “Catastrophe and the Cure” was written by Karin Gist and directed by Kevin McKidd.

Who the hell throws a dinner party right after their wedding? 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, BaseOps said:

New press release.

I'm not sure it is *right* after their wedding...we have yet to see how time plays out.  I actually know many, many couples who have hosted dinner parties shortly (but not RIGHT) after their weddings as sort of a no-frills, personal thank you to their close friends.

Also...I'm pretty convinced with this that April and Jackson are moving in together....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BaseOps said:

New press release.

It is peculiar indeed. Especially if we see a wedding reception in the premiere, then in the next episode they host another dinner. 

I think they might have some leftovers from the wedding reception and since they live on the edge of a forest those unlikely guests could only be some animals living there.......

I see no other way.

Seriously speaking I think that dinner will be something really stupid like inviting the triangle of mess MMN or a kind of catastrophe where Amelia will burn the new kitchen or they will only talk about the dinner and it will never happen on screen. 

I find the episode title very poignant because I think the whole marriage of OA is one huge catastrophe.

Edited by Nobodysfan
4 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

I'm not sure it is *right* after their wedding...we have yet to see how time plays out.  I actually know many, many couples who have hosted dinner parties shortly (but not RIGHT) after their weddings as sort of a no-frills, personal thank you to their close friends.

Also...I'm pretty convinced with this that April and Jackson are moving in together....

Its episode 2 so I think it will likely be a couple of weeks since the wedding.  I've been to people's houses for dinner after they returned from their honeymoon and never thought it was strange because it was just a normal casual dinner with friends. Matter of opinion I guess, I don't think couples need to wait X number of days/weeks before its "normal" to have friends for dinner.  Owen & Amelia also just moved into a new house so I can see them wanting to have family/friends over to see the house too.

I agree about April & Jackson. 

they live on the edge of a forest those unlikely guests could only be some animals living there.......

They do? Their house looked like it had land but it looked like a suburban house to me. I'm sure they'll be ok and not have only animals there. Derek and Meredith lived in the middle of the woods on like 50 acres that required a ferry to get there and people managed to have dinner there.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2016 at 0:04 PM, OtterMommy said:

I'll be shocked if it is some other kind of arrangement, so I agree with you. 

He'd be living with me regardless of how he felt about it. She didn't make that baby by herself, so if I were her I wouldn't be getting up with it at all hours by myself either. No way would I have him swooping in all refreshed while I sat there half dead from exhaustion. Pack you a bag, buddy! 

• Love 4

I won't post anything here because I am not sure what spoilers we are supposed to share. I caught a sneak peek of an scene between April and Catherine that is hysterical. Or it was to me, at least. :P I forget how much I love Debbie Allen until I see her and then I am always like, "Oh, yes. Yes. I am SO glad we have her on this show." and for whatever reason I always love Sarah Drew opposite her. 

• Love 1

From EW Spoiler Room:

Will DeLuca actually die on Grey’s Anatomy? — Fells
Alex may have beaten DeLuca within an inch of his life, but DeLuca will survive — and end up with an even bigger storyline in season 13. “We’re going to get to know DeLuca a lot better, who we don’t know at all, and who we’ve just started to scratch the surface of,” EP Shonda Rhimes tells me. “Now, because this thing has happened to him, he has found himself in a spotlight that he was not interested in ever being in.”

Remember how they said they were focusing on the original characters? LOL, watch DeLuca will get more story out of this than Alex.

apn85 - I'm not a mod or anything but I'm pretty sure you can post any spoiler in here. This thread has always had spoilers posted from everywhere. Share what you find!

• Love 3

I was just coming to post the above. 

Dont get me wrong but I don't mind DeLuca and I'm all for a character that isn't Meredith/Maggie/Amelia getting screen time but I really hope his new storyline won't take over Jos long overdue chance at development. 

• Love 3

Delcua getting a bigger storyline than what? Than he had before?  Because honestly he deserves that.  He is a regular who disappeared for whole swaths of episodes or who only existed as an extension of Maggie.  I like the regulars and would love for the show to give them some quality time, but I can also co sign on Deluca getting some much needed personal development.  Honestly, we know nothing about him really as a person.  So good if he is getting some face time.

"Deluca gets a bigger storyline" actually means "Deluca gets a storyline", given how his entire purpose last season seems to have been to look really pretty on screen.

And hey, why not. If they're going to keep him around, they might as well give him something to do while he looks pretty. And OMG, he really does. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 3

I'm not opposed to anyone getting storyline. I'd love nothing more than to have it balanced out so everyone gets their time.  I only commented because they made such a point in previous articles about how the focus would be on the original characters.  To be honest though, I'll be annoyed if its like Maggie all over again with constant focus while 2/3 of the characters that have been here for years have no story. JMO.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

The promo pics of the dinner party worry me. Why is Jo there? And why is Meredith giving her a dirty look - I really can't watch this if it's just another chance for Meedith to treat her like shit only this time it's "warranted" because Jo betrayed Alex or whatever. 

On the other hand is this how Jo gets her new mentor? I wonder who it'll be..

• Love 4
3 hours ago, windsprints said:

I'm not opposed to anyone getting storyline. I'd love nothing more than to have it balanced out so everyone gets their time.  I only commented because they made such a point in previous articles about how the focus would be on the original characters.  To be honest though, I'll be annoyed if its like Maggie all over again with constant focus while 2/3 of the characters that have been here for years have no story. JMO.

I think it's safe to say Maggie will be getting a lot of screentime with the whole love triangle business. And to be honest, even without it they'd probably find a way to have her babble on about whatever for large chunks of each episode. It's just something we'll have to deal with. 

At least we'll now be free from the all Callie/Penny/Arizona/Sofia drama that swallowed up a huge part of the previous season and ultimately didn't go anywhere. If they don't come up with some similar nonsense, it should now open up a lot of space for other characters to be in the spotlight a bit more. I hope they'll use that chance. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

The promo pics of the dinner party worry me. Why is Jo there? And why is Meredith giving her a dirty look - I really can't watch this if it's just another chance for Meedith to treat her like shit only this time it's "warranted" because Jo betrayed Alex or whatever. 

On the other hand is this how Jo gets her new mentor? I wonder who it'll be..

Maybe her mentor will be Owen or Amelia. After all, she is at their dinner party and she has never before seemed to be particular friends with them.

I don't know why Meredith treats Jo so badly.

• Love 2