Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I'd love this Mer / Jo thing to get resolved without having to bring Alex in to choose sides.

At this point it would be kind of dumb for Alex to choose sides (IMO). I've never thought that Jo expected or wanted Alex to not have Meredith as a friend. Meredith has been dismissive and rude towards Jo since season 10 (its even more years in GA time) and she's never asked Alex to ditch Meredith. I find it normal that Jo would want Alex to make her and their relationship a priority. Adults do that all the time while maintaining friendships & Alex can have both.  

Meredith has no boundaries and I'm not sure she even comprehends how bizarre her "person" relationships are. She expected Derek to be fine with being kicked out of bed, living with her friends, putting her friends first, etc. so I think its clear that she doesn't see putting a partner first as a priority in a relationship as important.

As for Scott E., I don't think he'll stay around. I think he's the transition guy and will leave after Meredith has her regrets in the upcoming episode.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

The majority of comments about him and Meredith were actually pretty positive this week. The guy has only appeared in 1 episode so far, I think we need to give it a bit more time to see how it unfolds. And just because a 'source' like the inquisitor says he might become a regular, it doesn't mean he will. Nearly every multi-episode contract comes with a clause that they 'could' become regulars. It's smart for Shonda to keep that option depending on how things unfold. I don't want or need any more regulars, but if this is the guy that they choose for Meredith long-term then of course he'll be made a regular. I hope we lose a few cast members at the end of this year though. 

Anyway, I hope his stay on Greys is short-term. 

I can´t stand this type of guys. Even that sly voice of his. Brrgh.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

The new girl they cast to play Sofia isn't what I imagined an older Sofia to look like, but I'm just thrilled they finally remembered that Callie and Arizona have a kid.

At this point it would be kind of dumb for Alex to choose sides (IMO). I've never thought that Jo expected or wanted Alex to not have Meredith as a friend. Meredith has been dismissive and rude towards Jo since season 10 (its even more years in GA time) and she's never asked Alex to ditch Meredith. I find it normal that Jo would want Alex to make her and their relationship a priority. Adults do that all the time while maintaining friendships & Alex can have both.  

Meredith has no boundaries and I'm not sure she even comprehends how bizarre her "person" relationships are. She expected Derek to be fine with being kicked out of bed, living with her friends, putting her friends first, etc. so I think its clear that she doesn't see putting a partner first as a priority in a relationship as important.

As for Scott E., I don't think he'll stay around. I think he's the transition guy and will leave after Meredith has her regrets in the upcoming episode.

I think almost everyone on this show has weird boundary issues, which is one of the things I find kind of refreshing about Jo - it's like she's one of the only people who recognizes that Alex / Mer's relationship is a bit odd. Personally, it's never really bothered me, but I get why it's weird for some people, especially Jo. With Derek, he was friends - or at least got along with - all of Meredith's friends. He acknowledged that it was weird but he accepted it because he loved her. I also understood the way Meredith was - she rejected the idea of traditional family and so she made her own with Cristina, Izzie, George, etc. (again, it's a justification that I know doesn't work for everyone.)

But Jo has no reason to be ok with it because Meredith has never been kind to her. After the Mer / Cristina stuff, I just accepted that this is how the writers approach friendships on the show, but it doesn't make it less weird. I do think they've backed off the Alex / Mer stuff a bit in the past few episodes, as she hasn't been running to him for every little thing... but we'll see what happens this week I guess. 

I agree about Thrope. I think he's just around for a quick rebound... but I also thought Penny would be gone much, much earlier. So who knows.. 

Edited by BaseOps

The other thing is that these boundary issues didn't start until Jo and Alex had been dating awhile, however long of a time span season 10 was supposed to be. Before the beginning of season 11, Alex and Mer were friends but nothing like it is now. And, in fact, Meredith made it clear more than once that Jo was on her own as far as Alex went because she didn't have time for him. So this whole "person" issue isn't really what Jo signed on for. But, I still don't think that she would have that big of a problem with it (because I don't think she is romantically jealous), if she was shown even a tiny bit of respect and courtesy. It is all of it together that causes her to lose it, and I'm sure the shoulder bump didn't help.

• Love 1

The other thing is that these boundary issues didn't start until Jo and Alex had been dating awhile, however long of a time span season 10 was supposed to be. Before the beginning of season 11, Alex and Mer were friends but nothing like it is now. And, in fact, Meredith made it clear more than once that Jo was on her own as far as Alex went because she didn't have time for him. So this whole "person" issue isn't really what Jo signed on for. But, I still don't think that she would have that big of a problem with it (because I don't think she is romantically jealous), if she was shown even a tiny bit of respect and courtesy. It is all of it together that causes her to lose it, and I'm sure the shoulder bump didn't help.

I can think of some instances where they had non-traditional boundaries long before Jo: in season 6 when Meredith ran to Alex while he was in the shower to tell him that Derek wanted to have kids. At the same time, he told her that Izzie had sent divorce papers: Derek walks in to get Alex and sees Meredith there and she says "he's being a girl for me", and Derek makes a joke about him receiving visitors in the bathroom. 

Edited by BaseOps

I can think of some instances where they had non-traditional boundaries long before Jo: in season 6 when Meredith ran to Alex while he was in the shower to tell him that Derek wanted to have kids. At the same time, he told her that Izzie had sent divorce papers: Derek walks in to get Alex and sees Meredith there and she says "he's being a girl for me", and Derek makes a joke about him receiving visitors in the bathroom. 

True, although that was before Jo's time.  They are extraordinarily close, and he and Cristina crawled into bed together a couple of times, so it isn't something that has come completely out of the blue.  But since Alex and Jo started hanging out and then dating, the friendships were more "normal" and Alex and Jo were more left to themselves, at least as far as what we saw onscreen. Things just got amped up once the whole "person" thing started.  And again, I don't think that its the lack of boundaries (especially since Jo spent quite a few nights with Alex when they were friends), so much as the lack of respect.  But when you put it all together it is a problem.  She addressed it with Alex, for whatever that was worth, and now she is addressing it with Meredith.  Not in the best way, most likely, but I get it.

• Love 1

True, although that was before Jo's time.  They are extraordinarily close, and he and Cristina crawled into bed together a couple of times, so it isn't something that has come completely out of the blue.  But since Alex and Jo started hanging out and then dating, the friendships were more "normal" and Alex and Jo were more left to themselves, at least as far as what we saw onscreen. Things just got amped up once the whole "person" thing started.  And again, I don't think that its the lack of boundaries (especially since Jo spent quite a few nights with Alex when they were friends), so much as the lack of respect.  But when you put it all together it is a problem.  She addressed it with Alex, for whatever that was worth, and now she is addressing it with Meredith.  Not in the best way, most likely, but I get it.

True, I see what you're saying now. I thought you meant the boundary issues started as soon as he started dating Jo, so I was just thinking that I've always seen most of Meredith's friendships as being a bit beyond the normal boundaries of friendship. But it definitely amplified with Alex after Cristina left when the 'person' thing started and I definitely think that Jo bringing it up with her has been a long-time coming, especially because it has extended into how Meredith treats Jo professionally. But to me, the personal side is something that has to be dealt with primarily with Alex. I'm all for Jo confronting Meredith regarding the way she treats her, but if her main issue is how close Alex and Meredith are as friends, then that's an issue that, in my opinion, needs to be addressed and resolved with her boyfriend. 

I also understood the way Meredith was - she rejected the idea of traditional family and so she made her own with Cristina, Izzie, George, etc. (again, it's a justification that I know doesn't work for everyone.)

I understood that too (and liked it). I'd never bust into my sister's house and jump in bed with her and her husband so the fact that she considered them family didn't really impact that I found it odd. I get many, many people find adults in their 30s/40s living together like 20 year olds cute or charming but I'm not one of them. It made sense in their intern year but not when relationships progress and couples begin living together.

When are Sofia and Zola appearing?  Is it bad that I automatically think something bad is going to happen if the kids are making an appearance? I can't even recall the last time Sofia was mentioned, never mind seen.

I wish we'd get some spoilers. I miss the good old days when spoiler columns came out every week, lol.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

I understood that too (and liked it). I'd never bust into my sister's house and jump in bed with her and her husband so the fact that she considered them family didn't really impact that I found it odd. I get many, many people find adults in their 30s/40s living together like 20 year olds cute or charming but I'm not one of them. It made sense in their intern year but not when relationships progress and couples begin living together.

When are Sofia and Zola appearing?  Is it bad that I automatically think something bad is going to happen if the kids are making an appearance? I can't even recall the last time Sofia was mentioned, never mind seen.

I wish we'd get some spoilers. I miss the good old days when spoiler columns came out every week, lol.

Yea, I mean I guess I just kinda got past it because it's how they seemed to write the majority of the characters back then. Meredith and Cristina definitely had an unhealthy relationship if it were real life, but it was Shondaland so I rolled with it. But I agree that it's gotten less and less amusing as they've grown up - I don't think it's quite as bad as it was for a while, but all the forced 'sister' stuff with Amelia and Maggie at the start of this season really bugged the hell out of me. It seems like the writers have just sort of gotten lazy with actual logical lately and bend the stories / characters to whatever story they want to tell that week: like Arizona needing a roommate. It just makes no sense. But I digress... 

12x16, where Zola appears, is the same episode that 'Meredith has regrets' about taking a step forward with the military doc, so maybe it has something to do with him sleeping over and seeing the kids in the morning? Which would be funny considering Amelia was smashing down walls and Maggie was banging Deluca and they never acknowledged that the kids were there, but I'll take it cause I'm always happy to have the kids pop in. I can't even remember the last time we saw Sofia. 

It's odd - Ausiello and all those other columns still come out every week, but the Grey's stories are either infrequent or give us NO info. 

Zola and Sofia will appear in episode 16. Maybe the girls will be in daycare or have a play date?

Sofia was last mentioned in episode 2. 

Jerrika Hinton (Stephanie) has been cast in Shondaland's comedy pilot for next season.  The article states she could do both the new show (if it gets picked up) and Grey's but that seems unlikely.  We may have our first character exiit of season 12.  

EXCLUSIVE: Grey’s Anatomy co-star Jerrika Hinton has been cast as the female lead opposite Jono Kenyon in Toast, ABC’s hybrid comedy pilot executive produced by Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes. The project hails from Rhimes and Betsy Beers’ Shondaland, Scott Foley and Greg Grunberg.

Hinton’s casting in Toast will have no immediate impact on her status on Grey’s Anatomy, where she is a regular, playing surgical resident Stephanie Edwards. If Toast goes to series, that will likely be revisited. There are no plans in place but I hear there is a possibility for her to do both shows, likely scaling back her duties on Grey’s for logistical reasons.

Written by Foley and Grunberg and directed by Gail Mancuso, Toast revolves around engaged couple Max Leeds (Kenyon) and Page (Hinton), who, over their wedding rehearsal dinner, have their eclectic family and friends give toasts recalling anecdotes about the couple — but flashbacks reveal that the toasts don’t always get it right, as we watch the true story of their complicated, funny and relatable road to marriage.

Hinton’s Page is Max’s confident, no-nonsense, self-aware, soon-to-be bride. She’s spent most of her life working very hard but feeling a bit sheltered by her well-to-do Texas family. In an effort to break the mold, Page finds herself wanting to take a risk with the charismatic but awkward Max.

In addition to Hinton, Shondaland also recruited Grey’s alumna Tessa Ferrer for a co-starring role in Toasts.

I'm crossing my fingers the pilot gets picked up and she leaves Grey's. Anyone else?

Me. Nothing against the actress at all, but Steph adds nothing to the show and we drastically need a cast reduction. Let her use her talents on a series that will actually give her something to do. Obviously there's no ill will as this is a Shonda project. I think they both know Steph has run her course. 

• Love 2

The cast drastically needs to be reduced so what are the odds that with Stephanie's exit we get another ten additions.

My money is on Penny and blonde intern becoming regulars by next season.

The cast drastically needs to be reduced so what are the odds that with Stephanie's exit we get another ten additions.

My money is on Penny and blonde intern becoming regulars by next season.

Yea, I think Penny is (sadly) inevitable. But I don't think it has anything to do with Steph... whether or not Jerrika leaves, I think Shonda intends to add her. I doubt the blonde intern is going to be made a regular, though. He's really been back-burnered since they made Giacomo a regular, and I think they would have promoted them at at the same time. But you never know. We also know that Owen's sister is probably gonna pop up, and she's also a doctor..... 

I've always wondered why they pre-emptively add characters before they know who is leaving or staying.  I would say that its to incorporate them into the cast ahead of time, but that doesn't make sense if they don't know who will actually be there the following season and therefore don't know how to "anchor" them.  Even if 5 cast members left after this season, there are still 10+ people to write for and they can begin the hiring and writing process over the summer so that the regulars who are used to time off won't have to work that much more.  And honestly, even if they did, they are paid handsomely for it, so I can't imagine any of them complaining.  

Maybe it is a bargaining tool, as if to say, look we are only going to pay you X amount of dollars because look we can replace you at any time.  But its not like the actors don't know that ahead of time.  I don't know, it just seems like they add 2 people for every 1 that might leave and then we are stuck with 1,000 cast members or they have to do something drastic like a mass casualty.  Of half of the replacements end up leaving at the end of the season and therefore all that screentime was wasted on them.  

I'm not sure how contracts work but if Hinton is leaving would that be because there not renewing her contract or could it be that they cut it short. Can they do that? Her and Luddington were made regulars at the same time.

Hopefully Hinton will leave.

I believe instead of Stephanie they will add Penny as  a regular so no trimming of the cast which is so desirable.

Scott Elrod who plays Thorpe is not listed for 1217 neither 1218 guest cast on IMDb  anymore. Hopefully his last episode is 1216. Crossing fingers for it. Also to have 4!!! doctors with a military background is ridiculously too much even for Greys.

I hope when Meredith regrets it in 1216, Thorpe vanishes forever.

How will Richard arrange the resident and attending pairings in 1214?

Meredith/Jo

Arizona/Deluca

and the others???

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

I actually really liked the army doctor. Personally, I haven't felt anything regarding many of the men casting choices since Avery.

I want Meredith to find love again and be happy considering how her life was going prior to returning to Seattle.

I feel they are attempting to throw back to early Grey's; especially, with Maggie.

She is an attending sleeping with an intern.

Nathan, I don't want him with Meredith; especially, with the possibility of a wife returning.

I actually thought of Maggie as a love interest.

She seems to want a partner of more equal footing and they both work in Cardio.

They begin a relationship and in pops the missing wife.

Maggie experiences similar situations as Meredith did back in the day but a bit differently.

I do fear where they are headed with Meredith/Alex.

I don't want a romance; however, I do want them both to find happiness in the end.

Meredith seems beyond the dark and twisty girl with blurred boundaries; at least, I hope she is beyond it.

Maybe, they will discuss their relationship and their feelings and decide to stay platonic.

Meredith isn't the only one to blame here.

Alex has been there for her and made that decision himself.

Jo has been with Alex long enough to know how it is with Alex and Meredith; there doesn't need to be a choice.

Frankly, it feels like this was created just to give the Jo character something to do and create drama for her and Alex.

Amelia and Meredith need to get over their crap.

She was clearly the black sheep of the family who adored her brother.

A brother who seemed like the only one in the family to pay her any mind.

Frankly, I think she is afraid of loosing Meredith; she finally feels like a part of a family and that is thanks to Derek and Meredith. 

She is clearly the dark and twisty one of the show now.

Meredith has and will continue to rise above all the high school drivel; hopefully.

Meredith has always been living her life with an audience; so, I feel she doesn't want that anymore.

The military doctor doesn't currently work at the hospital with her; so, it gives her a bit of distance.

I like it.

Maggie will be under the microscope now.

Owen needs a buddy; frankly, the show never really developed friendships with Derek or Mark.

Riggs and Owen are a ways off from renewing their friendship.

Thorpe could be a buddy to Owen.

Penny is a plot point; however, Callie deserves better at this point.

I thought for a minute; Callie should have thought of revisiting relationships with men.

Hoping for the best for Jackson, never been a huge fan of April.

Meredith has and will continue to rise above all the high school drivel; hopefully

From what I've seen this season Meredith is the cause of half the high school were drivel we have to watch. Especially in regards to Jo.

Jo has been with Alex long enough to know how it is with Alex and Meredith; there doesn't need to be a choice.

She's never asked him to choose. All she's asked for is some respect.

• Love 3

How will Richard arrange the resident and attending pairings in 1214?

Meredith/Jo

Arizona/Deluca

and the others???

Arizona has Ben and Andrew.

Penny is with Amelia.

The only one we don't know about is who Stephanie is with, but I would guess Cardio.

• Love 1

I think at this point Shonda and the writers must have some idea of which cast members are staying and going at the end of the year; I don't believe any of the originals would be so on the fence that they'd leave it to the last minute, and I think they'd all want to give their characters a proper send-off after all these years. So, I believe that if Sara Ramirez is leaving then they would have some plan crafted (a firebomb? a tornado? a piano falling on her head?). I really hope having her leave with Penny isn't what they'd choose, because Callie deserves so much better than that. I really do think that we'll have an announcement of Penny becoming a regular by the end of this season. 

It's hard to say who I'd like to see gone the most, because the characters I'd most like to be cut are the ones least likely to go (Amelia, Maggie, Owen.) Deluca had potential but I feel like they've made him so bland already; there's nothing at all distinguishing about his character or story, and he only really interacts with Maggie. I actually like Riggs and think he works well with several members of the cast. Nothing against Ben, but again they have yet to give him anything interesting to do, mainly because there are so many other stories / characters to write for. 

• Love 2

I actually really liked the army doctor. Personally, I haven't felt anything regarding many of the men casting choices since Avery.

I want Meredith to find love again and be happy considering how her life was going prior to returning to Seattle.

I feel they are attempting to throw back to early Grey's; especially, with Maggie.

She is an attending sleeping with an intern.

Nathan, I don't want him with Meredith; especially, with the possibility of a wife returning.

I actually thought of Maggie as a love interest.

She seems to want a partner of more equal footing and they both work in Cardio.

They begin a relationship and in pops the missing wife.

Maggie experiences similar situations as Meredith did back in the day but a bit differently.

Owen needs a buddy; frankly, the show never really developed friendships with Derek or Mark.

Riggs and Owen are a ways off from renewing their friendship.

Thorpe could be a buddy to Owen. 

My interpretation is different.  I believe Maggie and Deluca is a reverse of Meredith and Derek.

They reinvented Meredith´s storyline in 1212 with her and Nathan who had  a patient together just like she and Derek did in s1e1. The difference being that the patient died this time. Possibly, Nathan will be her new love long-term. I believe the fact that the patient had a heart problem and not Maggie was written to be on the case but Nathan says it all. Also the final scene when Meredith wanted to know more about Riggs seems she might start to reassess her initial judgement of him.

I think while she dates that Thorpe from 1214 to 1216 , they will develop Nathan more and then in 1217 we saw the BTS photo taken by Martin - all three in an ambulance most likely working on a case together. Meredith,Nathan and Owen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnmkQavXuK/?taken-by=martinhendersonofficial

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBoHBJ5vXqa/?taken-by=martinhendersonofficial

I think Owen and that Thorpe will not become any kind of buddies. We are on the road of forgiveness for him and Nathan to get along. Both actors have good natural chemistry so I believe Shonda likes it,too.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

I think Maggie will be taking similar journeys to Meredith in early Grey's seasons.

Meredith the intern seeing Derek the attending.

Maggie the attending seeing Deluca the intern.

Are they slated to be the new version of Meredith and Derek?

Maggie is Ellis Grey's daughter too; throwing back to early Grey's with Maggie.

I'll be interested to see how Maggie's story parallels Meredith's; if it does at all.

Owen has always been a difficult character for me to warm up to; he began appearing season 5 and I still haven't warmed up to his character.

Amelia has her moments; however, with most characters, from time to time, she needs to tone it down.

• Love 1

I think Maggie will be taking similar journeys to Meredith in early Grey's seasons.

Meredith the intern seeing Derek the attending.

Maggie the attending seeing Deluca the intern.

Are they slated to be the new version of Meredith and Derek?

Maggie is Ellis Grey's daughter too; throwing back to early Grey's with Maggie.

I'll be interested to see how Maggie's story parallels Meredith's; if it does at all.

Owen has always been a difficult character for me to warm up to; he began appearing season 5 and I still haven't warmed up to his character.

Amelia has her moments; however, with most characters, from time to time, she needs to tone it down.

I honestly adored Owen in S5, then less and less until I started to hate him. I really loved the Crowen lovestory in S5.

I can´t imagine how powerful that scene will be when once  - I speculate - when the series ends Cristina revisits Seattle with her Harper Avery award and a new life partner and comes face-to-face with Owen married to Amelia and their two or three kids.  

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

Okay, Maggie and Deluca could be the opposite of Meredith and Derek; I can kind of see it.

However, I am not sure I want a Riggs/Meredith pairing; many do.

Shonda will do what she wants to do in the end and I'll decide if I will continue my investment.

Since, I've made peace with PD's exit; it took a brief hiatus from the show from me.

I returned because I was excited at Meredith moving on and finding happiness again.

Derek wouldn't want her to be alone; Meredith wouldn't have wanted that for Derek either.

Okay, Maggie and Deluca could be the opposite of Meredith and Derek; I can kind of see it.

However, I am not sure I want a Riggs/Meredith pairing; many do.

Shonda will do what she wants to do in the end and I'll decide if I will continue my investment.

Since, I've made peace with PD's exit; it took a brief hiatus from the show from me.

I returned because I was excited at Meredith moving on and finding happiness again.

Derek wouldn't want her to be alone; Meredith wouldn't have wanted that for Derek either.

Megan might reappear,but I suppose she will have a new family resulting from her having amnesia and will not remember her previous life at all, Nathan will be with Meredith and will make peace with his past when he sees happy and living Megan. 

I have seen one German movie,unfortunately,can´t remember the title, which slightly had this plot and I believe writers might do something like this. In this movie the main character´s wife vanished in a helicopter/plane crash,then he found a new love,who was his fianceé, somehow he found out years later that his wife was alive,he went to Brasil where she lived,she suffered from amnesia after surviving the plane crash, had a new love,she did not recognise him at all,he tried hard to make her remember him, she did for a bit,they were together for a while or slept with each other,but both felt nothing anymore, both went back to their respective partners,and were happy with them,but made peace with their own past at first. 

I remember rooting for them to be together,they found each other after years but then I understood they were really happy with their new loves and identity and past remained cherished as memories in the past.

So,even if Megan returns with possible amnesia,I hope whoever Nathan develops feelings for until then will not be pushed away for Megan. JMHO

However, the whole mystery of Owen- Nathan -Megan has not been revealed yet. Martin said it gets juicier,and the plot thickens. I believe there are some shocking surprises ahead of us.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

I'm so dreading Owen's sister inevitably showing up. I really wish she was just dead... the idea of her popping up is just so soapy, and I know Grey's has done stuff like that before (they love surprise siblings) but at least then it usually sort of made sense. This just seems so over-the-top. "The helicopter disappeared...". Ugh. 

Yes, I also think they should have just let him state she died in the plane crash.

I also think it must be difficult both for McKidd and Henderson to actually act these scenes because neither of them knows what the truth really is and what is in Shonda´s head.

Martin did mention the storyline is not definite.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

The Alwx/Meredith pictures are unsettling. I've a horrible feeling they're going there and it's going to be even worse then Gizzie.

Maybe they are. I have no clue. Or maybe the writers feel Alex is the only one Meredith would open up with about stuff like dating after Derek, which is true, unfortunately for Alex.
  • Love 1

This is the episode where Meredith regrets moving forward with Will, so I think the Alex / Mer scene is just two friends talking. They've been light on Mer / Alex scenes since they came back from break, and they're still best friends, so I've got nothing against it. I love their scenes together and didn't want them to disappear totally. Their friendship is still one of my favourite things on the show. If they DO choose to move forward with it romantically.... that's another story, but I'll wait and see. I really don't think that's the case. 

I''ve felt since the winter break that SaRa will leave the show to go back to Broadway. There are two big shows here. that will either have or conceivably have the perfect role for her, come summer or early fall. That being said, I would hate to have Callie move away with Penny, just because of the inauthenticity of breaking Sofia away from Arizona. If they couldn't write off Mark Sloan leaving Seattle because he would never leave Sofia, then why would they do that to Callie? And I may be the only viewer who likes Penny, but she & Callie feel false as an established couple. I prefer Penny as buddies with Steph, Jo & Ben.

Regarding Meredith, of course, she'll feel regretful.

She will have feelings about moving on from Derek.

She knows she wants that again with someone; however, the first time she kisses or sleeps with someone else will be emotional for her.

I like that she is talking about it.

• Love 1

Is she sitting there with  Alex after she has a date with Thorpe or before? 

So Alex and Meredith being a couple is strongly foreshadowed. In an episode where she has a date with Thorpe,she is sitting there with Alex all cosy looking romantically into the fire. Not a fan of this pairing to be honest. I thought I would be but no. Why doesn´t she pour her heart to Maggie, her sister? Why does she seem to talk about matters of her heart to Alex? Odd. It was kind of understandable when Baile,Maggie,Callie, Alex were all there,but this scene with Alex seems so different.

I feel sorry for Jo. Instead of being with his girlfriend Jo, Alex is sitting with Meredith at her house looking into the fire............ 

Why is Amelia at Meredith´s house? Or is it a different house? Has Amelia bought a house for Owen and her? That sounds about right,his women usually buy him a place to live in.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan

Penny, move away from Sofia. Far far away. Not only because I would like Calzona to get back together, but because if you are dating one of Sofia's mothers, you should not be treating Sofia. Of course, when have medical ethics been taken into consideration on this show. Still, Penny, move far far away from Sofia.

I'm more annoyed that Penny will once again take screen time that could easily go to another character who already has limited screen time. This time she'll probably hog all the screentime that should have gone to Arizona.

• Love 1

I was reading a (mostly probably wishful thinking theory) by Calzona fans about how Arizona's decision to tell Jackson might play out with the Calzona promo pics that are out for the next 2 episodes.

In the promo pic for next week, Callie looks pissed at Arizona (for telling Jackson, maybe?). Arizona has not only had a miscarriage, but has been the "other parent" that really didn't get to have a say towards the beginning of the stupid S7 Mark/Callie/Arizona arc.

Then, conveniently, in ep 16 Sofia gets hurt, and who initially looks like they're treating her? Penny. Something might happen for Penny to take offense in being the "other person" (but not parent) as Callie's girlfriend and seeing Arizona as Sofia's other parent that may cause a little tiff between Callie and Penny. And Callie would get Arizona's point.

Like I said, wishful thinking, but possible if they're suddenly going to put Calzona in each other's orbit.

• Love 1

I was reading a (mostly probably wishful thinking theory) by Calzona fans about how Arizona's decision to tell Jackson might play out with the Calzona promo pics that are out for the next 2 episodes.

In the promo pic for next week, Callie looks pissed at Arizona (for telling Jackson, maybe?). Arizona has not only had a miscarriage, but has been the "other parent" that really didn't get to have a say towards the beginning of the stupid S7 Mark/Callie/Arizona arc.

Then, conveniently, in ep 16 Sofia gets hurt, and who initially looks like they're treating her? Penny. Something might happen for Penny to take offense in being the "other person" (but not parent) as Callie's girlfriend and seeing Arizona as Sofia's other parent that may cause a little tiff between Callie and Penny. And Callie would get Arizona's point.

Like I said, wishful thinking, but possible if they're suddenly going to put Calzona in each other's orbit.

I could see it playing out that way.  But, I'm not positive that the show is going to put Callie and Arizona back together again.  Maybe it will all depend on SaRa's contract.  They just seem so out of each others' lives now and in interviews, JCap at least doesn't seem all that interested in them getting back together.  (To be fair, I've only read that one interview and haven't read any of SaRa's so I don't know how she feels.)  

I am glad to see them co-parenting Sofia and I would love for anything that will get Penny off of the show, but I think that if they reconcile, the entirety of that storyline will happen next season.