Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

Jerrika mentioned on twitter during some big Q&A thing she was doing a few days ago that Arizona was going to have a new drinking buddy in the near future.

Wonder if it's Meredith.

Personally I would love it!

JCap and Ellen seem to get along well and I've always craved more Merzona scenes. 

Arizona and Meredith makes a heck of a lot more sense to me than Callie and Meredith ever did. Arizona and Meredith have a lot in common and they probably don't even know it.

Arizona and Meredith makes a heck of a lot more sense to me than Callie and Meredith ever did. Arizona and Meredith have a lot in common and they probably don't even know it.

I like Callie and Meredith, but I do think their friendship is kind of forced sometimes... I don't know why, I just do. 

I feel like Meredith and Arizona would be so enjoyable to watch, even more because Arizona and Alex are already good friends so the trio would be perfect, IMO.

From EW: 

How is Amelia going to handle Penny being at the hospital on Grey’s Anatomy? — Sara
Much like Meredith, it’s not going to be easy for Amelia to handle this. Fortunately, she may find a shoulder to lean on with Owen, though we’re going to see him struggle with his own set of problems very soon.

Sounds to me like Henderson really is going to be some type of blast from Owen's past. 

From EW: 

Sounds to me like Henderson really is going to be some type of blast from Owen's past. 

Ouch for me, this seems to be more than very likely. I wanted Henderson´s character to appear on his own with no link to anyone  and especially not to Owen.

Rhimes always manages to put me in the corner.

I do not like this at all. I only wish they will not play the PTSD storyline again.

Edited by Nobodysfan

His brother? An old military buddy? It seems like he causes trouble for Owen, so while I'm not a fan of Owen I guess I'm eager to see what it was that went down between them (if it really is his character who's even linked to Owen, I'm just guessing based on some things that have come out.) I really don't like the Owen we've seen the past several seasons, but there are things that I still like about his character, and his arc in season 5 is one of my favourite of the entire series. If they can redeem his character and at least make him interesting and enjoyable again, I'm all for it - if only because I don't think Kevin McKidd is going anywhere, and I like the actor, so I'd rather like Owen than hate him. 

Edited by BaseOps

On another note - one thing I'm sort of excited about with Penny coming to GSM (I'm really trying, here) is the dynamic between Callie / Meredith. The hospital used to be so full little feuds, drama, secrets, etc. Callie and Meredith have been friends for several years now, and I like that it's a situation that's pretty complex for both of them. When you think about it, they have so much history - Callie first dating George after he slept with Meredith, Callie finding Meredith and Derek in the closet during 'prom' and then claiming Meredith's panties when Addison put them on the board, Izzie pushing Callie away and then sleeping with George, George's death, Callie having the baby with Mark, Staying with Meredith and Derek after she left Arizona.. it goes on and on. I love when they interact, and I'm glad to get a new layer added to it. I love both of their characters. 

• Love 4

I don't know.

Meredith and Arizona just doesn't make sense to me. They've never been really close even though they have Alex in common. I just don't think their personalities would mesh well.

I find Callie and Meredith funny together like in 12x03 when they were talking about Meredith's contract. Also, their 11x05 drunk scene was a classic.

I also find them touching, like in 11x20 when Callie was trying to be there for Meredith while she worried about Derek.

I think this is Meredith just doing what she normally does when she's angry at someone. Freezing them out and turning her attention to someone else. See her and Cristina in season 10 when they were fighting, it's why her and Callie got closer.

Edited by North
  • Love 2

I don't know.

Meredith and Arizona just doesn't make sense to me. They've never been really close even though they have Alex in common. I just don't think their personalities would mesh well.

I find Callie and Meredith funny together like in 12x03 when they were talking about Meredith's contract. Also, their 11x05 drunk scene was a classic.

I also find them touching, like in 11x20 when Callie was trying to be there for Meredith while she worried about Derek.

I think this is Meredith just doing what she normally does when she's angry at someone. Freezing them out and turning her attention to someone else. See her and Cristina in season 10 when they were fighting, it's why her and Callie got closer.

I liked the Arizona / Meredith moment near the end of last season a lot. When there was a plane crash, and they both sat in the closet together comforting each other. We don't seem them on screen a lot, but they work together and experienced a lot together, so I think it's safe to say they're 'friends'. Meredith has certainly always been a lot closer with Callie, for sure. I love to see Meredith interact with everyone, though. The more the better - it's her show. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2

I liked the Arizona / Meredith moment near the end of last season a lot. When there was a plane crash, and they both sat in the closet together comforting each other. We don't seem them on screen a lot, but they work together and experienced a lot together, so I think it's safe to say they're 'friends'. Meredith has certainly always been a lot closer with Callie, for sure. I love to see Meredith interact with everyone, though. The more the better - it's her show. 

Yes, the more the better!

That's exactly why I want to see more of Meredith and Arizona. They shared a very traumatic experience and because they are so different I guess it'd be interesting to watch their dynamic. Plus, we never really got to see them together so I think it's about time now.

Arizona has always been in desperate need of relationships outside of Callie. (That's why I think the Geena Davis arc last season was some of her best material yet.) And, frankly, Meredith is a much fuller and more realized character than April, so this should be a good thing for Arizona, as long as it's evenly angled. 

• Love 2

There are surface things that show that Arizona and Meredith should have a lot in common. The plane crash, death of a sibling, miscarriage,etc but Shonda has said time and again that Arizona is too private and wouldn't discuss any of that.

I want Arizona to have an outlet to talk about those things, and I think Meredith would be a good one. I just have zero faith in the writers.

I thought it was very telling last season when Arizona says to Geena Davis "all my friends are her friends" meaning they like her well enough, but Callie would trump Arizona to them. I truly don't think, save for April and Alex that Arizona feels like she belongs.

Eta: Totally unrelated to the rest of my post, but I was talking with a friend about the possibility that Penny used Callie to get into the GSMH program.

Do you guys think it's a possibility? Since apparently her last job was at the place where Derek died has it been awhile in between jobs or did she stay until recently?

Edited by CED9
  • Love 2

There are surface things that show that Arizona and Meredith should have a lot in common. The plane crash, death of a sibling, miscarriage,etc but Shonda has said time and again that Arizona is too private and wouldn't discuss any of that.

I want Arizona to have an outlet to talk about those things, and I think Meredith would be a good one. I just have zero faith in the writers.

I thought it was very telling last season when Arizona says to Geena Davis "all my friends are her friends" meaning they like her well enough, but Callie would trump Arizona to them. I truly don't think, save for April and Alex that Arizona feels like she belongs.

Eta: Totally unrelated to the rest of my post, but I was talking with a friend about the possibility that Penny used Callie to get into the GSMH program.

Do you guys think it's a possibility? Since apparently her last job was at the place where Derek died has it been awhile in between jobs or did she stay until recently?

I totally agree with everything you said about Arizona and Meredith.

Speaking of miscarriege, besides April and Owen who else knows about Meredith's miscarriege? 

I think it could be, but then people would hate Penny even more. She never said when the hospital got shut down, but I assumed it had been recently.

Have you all seen the promo pictures for 1206???

The boy April brings from the Middle East, and it seems it is Jackson´s case -the boy has some malformation on  his hands, I look forward to this storyline,it will be so so emotional,and it might be a step for Japril to reconcile.

TVLine has November sweeps "scoop" 

Nov. 5, "The Me Nobody Knows": An old friend of April's re-enters her orbit and shakes things up at Grey Sloan.

Nov. 12, "Something Against You": The tension between Callie and Meredith intensifies. (Thanks a ton, Penny!)

Nov. 19, Title TBA: Owen finds himself struggling with an issue from his past, and he's extremely resistant to discuss it with his Grey Sloan family. (Rumor has it the personal problem involves a person.)

Nov. 12, "Something Against You": The tension between Callie and Meredith intensifies. (Thanks a ton, Penny!)

This makes me so sad :(

I love their friendship so much. I hope this "fight" doesn't take long to end because this is my least favorite kind of stotyline. I remember the last time Meredith and Cristina were fighting, it was awful. I still can't watch those scenes because it's so painful to me.

• Love 1

Oh joy, Meredith shrieking at Penny for multiple episodes.  Too bad they aren't treating it like they do most other characters' storylines where they get 1 episode and then its done. *sigh*  I'm back to not watching live now since I have zero desire to see the screeching.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

Oh joy, Meredith shrieking at Penny for multiple episodes.  Too bad they aren't treating it like they do most other characters' storylines where they get 1 episode and then its done. *sigh*  I'm back to not watching live now since I have zero desire to see the screeching.

I was just thinking the same thing.  I have no interest in watching yet another new character take over the show.  If she isn't gone by the midseason finale, then its back to reading the forums to decide if the episode is even worth watching.

• Love 1

TVLine has November sweeps "scoop" 

Nov. 5, "The Me Nobody Knows": An old friend of April's re-enters her orbit and shakes things up at Grey Sloan.

Nov. 19, Title TBA: Owen finds himself struggling with an issue from his past, and he's extremely resistant to discuss it with his Grey Sloan family. (Rumor has it the personal problem involves a person.)

Apart from the little boy patient storyline for 1206, the rest is awfully boring inmy opinion.

The whole Callie/Meredith animosity is so dreadfully dull it hurts.

Most likely Owen has a problem with his mum´s young beau again,as the actor who played the young fireman in S11 is back in 1208. When doesn´t Owen have  a problem with somebody or something???!!!!  Of course, he will tell all his dark dark secrets to teenage Amelia. She will surely "understand" him but will most likely insist she has it even worse. Or Owen will add if Cristina were dead, he wouldn´t definitely have all these problems.Of course.

Edited by Nobodysfan
  • Love 1

I was just thinking the same thing.  I have no interest in watching yet another new character take over the show.  If she isn't gone by the midseason finale, then its back to reading the forums to decide if the episode is even worth watching.

I'm right there with you, except in a recent interview with TV Guide or Variety or one of those, Debbie Allen mentioned that they're filming episode 9 and alluded to Penny/the Penny story still going on. Whether or not Meredith has hoisted her up on the pedestal by then remains to be seen, but I get the feeling Penny is going to take up a good chunk of this season's screen time.

Lucky us.

• Love 1

I'm in the minority obviously, but I'm excited for a Meredith / Callie story. It can't be sunshine and rainbows all the time, and this season has been very light so far. There's been very little conflict. At least with this situation I can see both sides and I like both characters. I think the actresses have great chemistry, too. Would I have rather it came about without Penny? Sure. But at least Callie is getting a story that's independent from Arizona. I'm excited to see how she deals with it going forward. 

My only issue is that there's too much going on, so several characters are bound to get sidelined in the next few episodes. I'm looking forward to the Richard / Maggie stuff and I genuinely hope we see some actual exploration of Alex / Jo soon, but I won't hold my breath. But I'll hold my judgement of the coming episodes until I actually see them, especially because I've really enjoyed the season so far and, hell, I've invested 11 years in this show. Even when it's wonky, I love it. 

• Love 1

https://instagram.com/p/9ChPTHjji4/?taken-by=makakilogrown

It seems only stand-ins,I do not recognise any actors, but whose stand-ins ?

Probably a scene for 1209.

Another crew member said that Lenny Kravitz came by on set yesterday. Weird or no? 

Lenny Kravitz on Greys Anatomy set,weird. Does he have a guest role in 1209? 

https://instagram.com/p/84lapaC53u/?taken-by=jasonwinstongeorge

I spy with my little eye and see Martin Henderson on the far left,seated next to Hinton.Is it her majesty Shonda herself towering over him? I guess this was not Martin´s first table read.  It seems to me. Rhimes is so different now,her face has changed. She also looks grumpy or pissed looking at Henderson. I guess he dared to ask a relevant question about the script or his role. We all know Shonda has  said a couple of times she does not know what she is going to do with his character, it seems true or she lied again. Well, judging by Martin´s puzzled and questioning look at her,honestly maybe she does not know at all.

Edited by Nobodysfan

https://instagram.com/p/9ChPTHjji4/?taken-by=makakilogrown

It seems only stand-ins,I do not recognise any actors, but whose stand-ins ?

Probably a scene for 1209.

Another crew member said that Lenny Kravitz came by on set yesterday. Weird or no? 

Lenny Kravitz on Greys Anatomy set,weird. Does he have a guest role in 1209? 

https://instagram.com/p/84lapaC53u/?taken-by=jasonwinstongeorge

I spy with my little eye and see Martin Henderson on the far left,seated next to Hinton.Is it her majesty Shonda herself towering over him? I guess this was not Martin´s first table read.  It seems to me. Rhimes is so different now,her face has changed. She also looks grumpy or pissed looking at Henderson. I guess he dared to ask a relevant question about the script or his role. We all know Shonda has  said a couple of times she does not know what she is going to do with his character, it seems true or she lied again. Well, judging by Martin´s puzzled and questioning look at her,honestly maybe she does not know at all.

Dude... you're reading WAY too much into this picture.... I mean, wow... Did Shona shit in your cereal in a past life or something? 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 6

Dude... you're reading WAY too much into this picture.... I mean, wow... Did Shona shit in your cereal in a past life or something? 

I am not a dude BaseOps. I have a forum name - Nobodysfan. 

I am speculating,and I am in the right thread.

No, Shona did not shit in my cereal in a past life or something to quote your words.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Not sure if anyone listens to Betsy Beers weekly podcast, but Martin Henderson is her guest this week so he must be introduced in this Thursday's episode. The podcast is usually released Thursday night.

https://twitter.com/holligreengirl/status/660951075273310208

Cool news, thanks.

So much sooner than expected, it was said 1207, earlier even mid season so 1212. Now it is 1206.

Yes, Beers always introduces actors as they appear on the show. I dislike Beers but I will listen to it for Martin´s thoughts and his responses to fans´ questions. Although Beers usually speaks too much, like too much and the actors barely can even say a word.I wonder how much space she will give him to actually say something.

However,I can´t quite make out how his character fits  into the episode press release,when it is more than obvious that April´s friend from the Middle East is the ill boy, then there is a patient, and Martin plays a surgeon, so it can´t be him,then we have Richard´s old friend who is his age, not a doctor,he comes in with his ill daughter, then Penny comes as a transfer resident. Who do you see might be him?Or is his character deliberately ommitted from the press release?

Although if April reunites with an old friend from overseas - Martin´s character????, but she also brings in a case of a young patient - the boy??? So two different people she brings into the hospital. Isn´t it too much? Or does Martin´s character come together with the boy´s as a  surgeon,but he is nowhere seen in promo photos, it seems the boy is Jackson´s case.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Grey’s Anatomy returns on January 28, 2016 from the mid-season finale with episode 12x09 - “The Sound of Silence”

So I'm guessing some type of big disaster (most likely a fire) starts in 12x08 and goes into 12x09. 12x10 is called "Things We Lost in The Fire" - I wonder if someone's house burns down, or if it's just our doctors responding to some kind of mass-casualty fire / incident. If I remember way back, before the plane crash happened, the sides were written as someone's house burning down (I THINK Callie and Arizona's). 

So I'm guessing some type of big disaster (most likely a fire) starts in 12x08 and goes into 12x09. 12x10 is called "Things We Lost in The Fire" - I wonder if someone's house burns down, or if it's just our doctors responding to some kind of mass-casualty fire / incident. If I remember way back, before the plane crash happened, the sides were written as someone's house burning down (I THINK Callie and Arizona's).

It was the S6 shooter finale. The sides had the apartment building across the street on fire, and Arizona trapped, and everyone except Callie knew.

I think this is the same episode that had the lesbian bar patrons casting call. Maybe that's what is on fire? That was why I was thinking that Penny might be Arizona's new wingman.

Actually episode 12x08 is called "Things We Lost in The Fire", not episode 12x10 :)

But yeah, a big disaster is coming again.

• Love 1

It was the S6 shooter finale. The sides had the apartment building across the street on fire, and Arizona trapped, and everyone except Callie knew.

I think this is the same episode that had the lesbian bar patrons casting call. Maybe that's what is on fire? That was why I was thinking that Penny might be Arizona's new wingman.

If I'm not mistaken the episode with scenes at a lesbian bar is episode 12x07, but perhaps they have more than one scene at this bar, so who knows? The thing I find weird is that no one reported seeing JCap or Sara filming episodes 12x08 and 12x09, so we have two options: they filmed together or they are not in a lot of scenes.

If I'm not mistaken the episode with scenes at a lesbian bar is episode 12x07, but perhaps they have more than one scene at this bar, so who knows? The thing I find weird is that no one reported seeing JCap or Sara filming episodes 12x08 and 12x09, so we have two options: they filmed together or they are not in a lot of scenes.

I think you are right that 12x07 is the lesbian bar scene.  I bet its not even a lesbian bar and just a regular bar/restaurant.  I think Arizona's "wingman" is going to be April.  They will probably run into Catherine, Webber and Jackson together, based on who was seen shooting on location.  I doubt April and Jackson are out together.  So that leaves April as Arizona's wingman.  Yes, they are friends already so it wouldn't be a "new" friendship but its still can fit with what Jerika said.  (that's all we know of this new Arizona wingman stuff right?)

What do you mean about no one reported seeing JCap or Sara filming episodes 12x08 and 12x09?  Was the episode being filmed on location somewhere?  I feel like we don't usually get a good sense of who is just on set for each episode and Sara R was definitely at the 12x08 table read.   However, the way things are going with not all the cast appearing in each episode I would't be surprised if Jcap and Sara aren't in the episodes heavily.  Being that its a fire we will probably see a lot of trauma (April/Owen, Meredith for general and maybe Jackson for plastics).

However,I can´t quite make out how his character fits  into the episode press release,when it is more than obvious that April´s friend from the Middle East is the ill boy, then there is a patient, and Martin plays a surgeon, so it can´t be him,then we have Richard´s old friend who is his age, not a doctor,he comes in with his ill daughter, then Penny comes as a transfer resident. Who do you see might be him?Or is his character deliberately ommitted from the press release?

I would guess that Martin Henderson's character is a doctor who brings the Middle Eastern boy to GSMH for treatment.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2

I think you are right that 12x07 is the lesbian bar scene.  I bet its not even a lesbian bar and just a regular bar/restaurant.  I think Arizona's "wingman" is going to be April.  They will probably run into Catherine, Webber and Jackson together, based on who was seen shooting on location.  I doubt April and Jackson are out together.  So that leaves April as Arizona's wingman.  Yes, they are friends already so it wouldn't be a "new" friendship but its still can fit with what Jerika said.  (that's all we know of this new Arizona wingman stuff right?)

What do you mean about no one reported seeing JCap or Sara filming episodes 12x08 and 12x09?  Was the episode being filmed on location somewhere?  I feel like we don't usually get a good sense of who is just on set for each episode and Sara R was definitely at the 12x08 table read.   However, the way things are going with not all the cast appearing in each episode I would't be surprised if Jcap and Sara aren't in the episodes heavily.  Being that its a fire we will probably see a lot of trauma (April/Owen, Meredith for general and maybe Jackson for plastics).

I would guess that Martin Henderson's character is a doctor who brings the Middle Eastern boy to GSMH for treatment.  

If I remember correctly both Ellen and Justin were spotted filming on location twice. Apparently they shot in a hospital and at Relativity School. That's all I know, though. And about Sara and JCap I just mentioned it because I saw a lot of fans saying it's weird that they don't seem to be on set a lot and all.

Ahh yes now I remember something about another hospital but I didn't know about the school. Thanks for the info. I really wish we had sides so this would be easier to put together! :) I'm still sad about the lack of sides.

I like Callie so I'll be sad if she's not in a few episodes but i secretly hope that if Calllie is absent maybe Penny's arc is short lived.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

Grey’s Anatomy returns on January 28, 2016 from the mid-season finale with episode 12x09 - “The Sound of Silence”

A LONG HIATUS. Such displeasure for the fans in general. But it seems to be their official mojo for the past two or three seasons. Or even more.

I think S6 was cool - they finished with episode 10 on 19th November,then the next episode 11 was two weeks earlier than 1209.  It was on about the 13th January or something like that. They were able to produce more episodes until the  winter finale and started much sooner than now in January. I think it was a very fan friendly approach.

Edited by Nobodysfan

Yup, with 95% certainty.

Yes and Owen´s mum´s boyfriend,the fireman is back, and many burn victims who were seen on set. But on another location - another hospital used for shooting.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7128917/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

This actress plays most likely  a patient with an arc for 1206,1207,1208 if not more. Interesting,so she must be the high stakes patient that causes some tension in 1207.

Edited by Nobodysfan

This actress plays most likely  a patient with an arc for 1206,1207,1208 if not more. Interesting,so she must be the high stakes patient that causes some tension in 1207.

This is pretty cool.  I've been missing patient arcs that span multiple episodes so I hope this is a good storyline!  long term patient arcs are definitely "vintage greys" to me so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

• Love 2

Yup, with 95% certainty.

Yes and Owen´s mum´s boyfriend,the fireman is back, and many burn victims who were seen on set. But on another location - another hospital used for shooting.

Do we know if Owen's mom is back, or is it just the boyfriend? That seems sort of random. I wonder how he figures into the story. 

I really wonder why they went this route. I don't think they would unless they have a very specific story to tell... I mean, the season has been deliberately much lighter in tone. I don't think anyone involved would say "Okay, let's just have a disaster for disasters sake." Why Meredith? After everything? I'm actually sort of excited. I hope they pull this off well. 

• Love 2

I really wonder why they went this route. I don't think they would unless they have a very specific story to tell... I mean, the season has been deliberately much lighter in tone. I don't think anyone involved would say "Okay, let's just have a disaster for disasters sake." Why Meredith? After everything? I'm actually sort of excited. I hope they pull this off well. 

I can't say I'm excited because I'm so tired of Meredith going through awful things all the time, but I'm very curious. I hope it's a good storyline.

Oh and did you notice that Ellen's voice is muffled? Do you think it has something to do with that "mask" they were making? 

• Love 1

I can't say I'm excited because I'm so tired of Meredith going through awful things all the time, but I'm very curious. I hope it's a good storyline.

Oh and did you notice that Ellen's voice is muffled? Do you think it has something to do with that "mask" they were making? 

Yup - her voice was muzzled for sure. Something in her mouth or maybe that mask on. But it doesn't appear that her face was badly burned? Though it was blurry, so who knows. There's definitely tears in her scrubs and it looked like maybe her arm was broken? Maybe Meredith finally has a mental breakdown? Something triggers her to really lose it, and she ends up getting hurt. 

• Love 1

Yup - her voice was muzzled for sure. Something in her mouth or maybe that mask on. But it doesn't appear that her face was badly burned? Though it was blurry, so who knows. There's definitely tears in her scrubs and it looked like maybe her arm was broken? Maybe Meredith finally has a mental breakdown? Something triggers her to really lose it, and she ends up getting hurt. 

Woah that would be interesting! I've been waiting for this to happen forever lol

Her arm was broken or maybe burned... I don't know.

Some people are saying it could be an AU episode, what do you think?

• Love 1

Woah that would be interesting! I've been waiting for this to happen forever lol

Her arm was broken or maybe burned... I don't know.

Some people are saying it could be an AU episode, what do you think?

I hope it isn't. It's way too early in the season for that... It seems to me like 8 / 9 are obviously connected by a cliffhanger event. I don't think they'd have Denzel come in and do an alternate reality episode, especially not when there's already so much going on. But I could be wrong. You never know with Grey's. 

• Love 2