Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: The Sons Of The Harpy

• Start Topic

They introduced the White Walkers in the very first episode as a dangerous threat and they've done nothing dangerous other than convert a baby and get killed by Sam. If the Big Bad doesn't do anything dangerous in 4 seasons why should I consider them a threat. Even the Qarth warlock was more scary and dangerous in 2 episodes than the White Walkers have been the entire show.

They also killed a bunch of nightswatch people of screen between season 2 and 3.

I too would like a better balance between the fantastical and the politics. People could scheme and fight each other just as well with dragons flying about and whitewalkers moving south through the land. Rather than taking away from the politics I think it would improve it because everyone would get desperate for supplies and protection. And even if people bound together to fight the ww or the dragons there would still be room for power struggle and backstabing in the alliances.

• Love 2
(edited)

Zowie.  Melissandre has perfect white glowing snow breasts.  I was thinking "body double" because her face is hard and angular and seems older than that milky bosom, but then the camera pulled back.  Kudos, Red.

I appreciated Tyrion getting a cuff across the mouth almost as much as when Tyrion did it to Joffrey.  Westeros could be a better place with more face smacking and less mutilation.

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

Melissandre telling Selyse off for calling Shireen weak and deformed, while giving her a patented Mel death/mystery glare, was perhaps a highlight of the season for me. Mel was all "Damn lady, even I think your an asshole. And I burn people at the stake'! 

I`m sure the "his blood runs through her veins" stuff will end badly, but I can enjoy a good Selyse burn while I can.

Get it...burn...see what I did...yeah I`ll see myself out. 

• Love 1