Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Deconstruction

I don't recall if Dexter was the "bad guy" - if he was, that would explain why Kalinda had no problem setting Dexter up.

I doubt the second-in-command of Chicago's biggest drug lord is a choir boy. They're all violent criminals soaked in blood and dirty money and I don't see why Kalinda would feel even a twinge of guilt.

• Love 4

I doubt the second-in-command of Chicago's biggest drug lord is a choir boy. They're all violent criminals soaked in blood and dirty money and I don't see why Kalinda would feel even a twinge of guilt.

Oh not to mention they kill on a split thought. Like with the girlfriend two seasons back with the entire juice bar cover up. I mean come on, she got killed because she was late meeting up. So, she gets killed because they think she is going to roll over evidence when she was just late. No wonder Bishop said he was dead or Dexter going: "It was her!" "I'll kill her!"

• Love 1

I feel like, if Kalinda didn't leave, the fact that she and Alicia can never be in the same room together would get even more ridiculous than it is now. Like, what will they come up with to keep them apart next? Alicia moves to NYC, and only communicates with the other regulars through Skype? Kalinda gets plastic surgery, so she`s no longer played by Archie? Alicia contracts the Plague? I feel like it could turn into a farce where the second Alicia leaves a room, Kalinda will come in, and vice versa, until the whole show is one of those chase scenes from Scooby Doo, where they're being chased by the monster, and all keep running between doors in some hallway, never actually meeting up.

*Sigh* I`ll miss Kalinda, but this is probably for the best, at this point. Whatever happened behind the scenes, whatever demands were made, it damaged the show heavily. If they wont let Kalinda do much of anything, and she cant really mend her friendship with Alicia, Archie shouldn't be stuck here. Plus, maybe Cary will get something else to do? Maybe he and Alicia can hang out, and she can buy him a bunch of "Sorry I kind of abandoned you when you were almost thrown in jail, and your life was crumbling, even if we`re supposed to be friends and partners" drinks. 

• Love 9
Plus, maybe Cary will get something else to do?

Like practicing law and acting finally like a real name partner maybe? And maybe showing some after-effects of all those bad things which happen to him like a change of attitude for istance or anger just for considering an emotion easy to write about? No way, with those writers.

Edited by Klapaucius

Wow...if there was any doubt there was a rift between JM and AP then JM pretty much left no doubt about it. Geezus, she didn't even try to pretend that the note wasn't a blank piece of paper prop. Horrible job of acting on her part in that scene to cover up her disdain and indifference with AP leaving the show. Why the writers even bothered trying to write in the scene, or the editors couldn't figure out a way to cut it after it was so obviously bad, I have no idea.

This has become one of those shows that you've grown to hate but you want to say you watched it till the end. Please let the end come soon.

The next stage is that it becomes a show you like to make fun of - I am very close to that point, actually, I may already be there.  The more people that get to that point, the more fun the forums are to read. 

TGW could become another "Under the Dome" (although the acting may be too good for that to happen).

• Love 2

Oh, also, when Cary was at Kalinda's i wondered if he would find an envelop with a thong and a note for him to remember her.

I wondered about the hairbrush left conspicuously on top of the empty dresser in what looked like her bedroom. It was the only personal item not taken. Did she leave it as a source of DNA if anyone ever needs to identify her body? If so, is it really Kalinda's DNA? She always employs a stealth misdirect or two in her plans and actions -- I wouldn't be surprised if the brush is another one.

• Love 1

Her apartment generally seemed odd.  Why would you not take a hairbrush, when it's right there?  I can see leaving the drawers in disarray because you're in a hurry, but why would the covers on the bed be tossed?

For that matter, why take anything?  Would you really take time to pack every last item of clothing (as was implied by the empty drawers) when you're on the run from a drug lord?  Especially when you have plenty of cash or the ability to get plenty of cash?  She must be really attached to all those zippered jackets and mini-skirts.

I'm trying to decide if it's a clue that perhaps Kalinda didn't leave entirely on her own, or just overdone set dressing.

• Love 1

Her apartment generally seemed odd.  Why would you not take a hairbrush, when it's right there?  I can see leaving the drawers in disarray because you're in a hurry, but why would the covers on the bed be tossed?

For that matter, why take anything?  Would you really take time to pack every last item of clothing (as was implied by the empty drawers) when you're on the run from a drug lord?  Especially when you have plenty of cash or the ability to get plenty of cash?  She must be really attached to all those zippered jackets and mini-skirts.

I'm trying to decide if it's a clue that perhaps Kalinda didn't leave entirely on her own, or just overdone set dressing.

I can see this conversation ---

The Powers That Be (TPTB): Make Kalinda's apartment look like she left in a hurry.  You know, leave the drawers hanging out and mess up the bed.  That kind of stuff.

Set director (SD): Why would the bed be messed up?

TPTB: I don't know, maybe she hid money under her mattress.  It'll help make it look like she left in a hurry.

SD: Want me to leave some clothes scattered around?

TPTB: Her clothes have been sent to the costume department.  We don't want to spend the time or money on the clothes.  Leave the place empty.

SD: But if Kalinda left in a hurry, there is no way she would take all her clothes.  She's going on the lamb with a couple of suitcases and a trunk?

TPTB: Yeah, I know what you mean.  You want to explain it to Juliana?

SD: Okay, so completely empty room and messed up bed. Got it. 

TPTB: Good. Oh, and leave a hairbrush lying around.

SD: A hairbrush? Why?

TPTB: We want the place to look like she lived there.

SD: Sigh.....(muttering under her breath) First they have me set up offices that look like they are in a warehouse, then after we get all that done, they move back into the original office set. Now I am taking an empty set and making it look empty, but lived in? I wonder if Big Bang Theory needs a set director....

• Love 8

Does Alicia know about the deal Geneva offered Diane, and that Diane was in deep trouble regarding the falsified evidence? Did I miss that part of the plot? It's also weird that Diane doesn't seem worried at all about her woes, at least not in this episode. You'd think she'd be spending her time trying to figure out what to do. She might have to go to prison!

• Love 2

Sat on my DVR for a while, just getting to these last few episodes.

I had to laugh at the thought of a former Supreme Court lawclerk, even one for Judge Ginsberg, going to work for a public defender's office. Former clerks rake major dollars with signing bonuses in the six figures going to work for Biglaw firms after their clerkships, they don't take $30,000 PD jobs. If they want to represent criminal defendants, they do that as part of the lawfirm's pro bono allotment.

Why would Diana tell clients that Alicia was not coming back to the firm just before going into a meeting with Alicia where she tells Alicia that the firm wants her back? That made absolutely no sense and appears to have been set up solely to have Alicia on the outs at the end. Also, if the severence/buy-out/whatever contract was void because she didn't take office, then did the firm re-negotiate a new contract because they still wanted to get rid of Alicia?

I never like the internal politics of the firm, at least when it takes priority over "actual legal stuff". Even worse, when we saw Will & Diane evicting Bond, the politics was actually interesting - here it just seemed like a bad episode of Friends where Diane leaps to the illogical conclusion that Alicia wants to sleep with sharks (OK, not really, but you get my point). And on that subject, what were the names on the wall when Alicia was holding up her "& Alicia" sign?

While I liked Oliver Platt on The West Wing and to a lesser extent The Big C, here he seemed there for no real reason. I know he's a client, but doesn't he have a business of his own to run? And seriously, would Bill Gates really worry if one of his legal team had a scandal connected to her? Just how PR obsessed are the 1% supposed to be? He's a business man, not a politician!

I don't see why Alicia couldn't write (or at least "write") her autobiography. If reality "stars" can pen books about "Their Journey", I'm sure Alicia (or her ghostwriter) can make a compelling story of going from Wronged Woman to Business Partner to (failed) politician.

As for the Kalinda exit, I did like the call back to Kalinda storing her runaway fund in the wall. But other than that, could they not have a scene between her & Alicia just to say goodbye? It could be full of "And don't come back!" if you want to play it that way, but it was ridiculous that they couldn't get together for one final scene.

I don't see why Alicia couldn't write (or at least "write") her autobiography. If reality "stars" can pen books about "Their Journey", I'm sure Alicia (or her ghostwriter) can make a compelling story of going from Wronged Woman to Business Partner to (failed) politician.

She could. The point is she didn't want to. The autobiography was Eli's idea, to move Alicia's image from businesswoman/scandal-plagued Chicago politician, to Second Lady. That's why he commissioned the autobiography, and that's why he wanted it to be about recipes and not Alicia being tough in a courtroom. (Basically, the writers ripped off Hillary Clinton's life from 1992, when she changed her hairstyle and started handing out homemade cookies at campaign events because the voters allegedly didn't like women with powerful careers). 

The only reason for an autobiography at all is to establish a public brand. Alicia said she doesn't want Peter running for President and wanted to be finished with politics. 

Obviously She could. The point is she didn't want to.

Fair point, only it seemed she was looking for something to do, now she isn't going to be SA and not going back to ALL. It doesn't have to be in support of Peter - she could do a hatchet job (and burn that bridge too!) and try to establish herself as some sort of political crusader (the new Prady perhaps!). Writing an autobiography is a good way of doing something while you decide what to do next!