Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I don't watch ET/Access Hollywood etc., but I do follow gossip websites, and frankly I'm astounded that there's not more outrage about the fact that Sherri has basically "abandoned" this child.  Most of the stories just talk about how she feels like Sal conned her to have the child so she can pay child support.

I think Sherri's "people" are probably better at spinning things than Sal.  I'm sure Sherri's publicist, manager or whoever is feeding things to the gossip sites in exchange for more favorable coverage.

• Love 2

That would make her a fool and quite the former Legal Secretary.

I think Sherri's track record speaks for itself.  Didn't Mark Twain say it's best to remain silent and have people think you are a fool than open and your mouth and speak and remove all doubt?  Sherri removed all doubt many years ago.

• Love 4

However, does a boy as young as 9 have an erection in response to something visual? Don't laugh, I really don't know.

Sherri has been telling this story for at least two years, possibly three.  The first time she told it was during a discussion that pertained to being gay.  I always thought she told this story so everyone would know that her son is not gay.  I hope that Jeffrey is not gay because she has done enough damage to this kid.  Imagine the hell he would go through with a mother like that.  I agree with the poster who said some special needs kids have an early infatuation with sexual matters.  Sherri and Jenny both tell stories of their sons unusual interest in sexual matters.  

• Love 1

Nobody knows for certain what Sherri's position is regarding the baby. Maybe she does want to play a role in the baby's life. Maybe she wants custody. The fact that Sal has custody of the baby now may be because that is what they agreed to in court, pending resolution of the issue.

Or, maybe she wants no role in the baby's life.

The point being, none of us know. And perhaps the media, blogs etc are being quiet about this because they recognize the dangers of speculation and assumptions that may turn out to be incorrect.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 7

True...we don't really know.  However I do know that there hasn't been any sort of statement saying something along the lines of, "Even though we will no longer be husband and wife, Sal and I remain committed to co-parent baby LJ with all the love and support that we can give him, and we are so happy to have this blessing come into our lives."

Sometimes what you don't say is as strong as what you do.

• Love 4

From the blog linked above: "Let Sherri be and instead of turning her trials into tabloid garbage, trying making them positive by praying for the baby. Pray for it to have a good and healthy life. Pray that its success in life is due to its own hard work and determination and not simply be known as that baby the woman on The View didn't want."

And Sherri gave this her ok by tweeting it, imo.

I'd be OK with this too - might have even retweeted it myself - if for the past 5+ years Sherri did not sit at the table and discuss other people, speculating about their lives

• Love 4

Sherri and Jenny both tell stories of their sons unusual interest in sexual matters

Well look at who their mothers are.

The point being, none of us know. And perhaps the media, blogs etc are being quiet about this because they recognize the dangers of speculation and assumptions that may turn out to be incorrect.

When has the media ever been afraid to be incorrect about speculating about a celeb's messy personal life?

Sometimes what you don't say is as strong as what you do.

Sherri may be keeping silent on the advice of her attorney but honestly I don't think a statement acknowledging the birth would be out of line.  As it is now it appears she has completely washed her hands of it the whole thing.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 3

From the blog linked above: "Let Sherri be and instead of turning her trials into tabloid garbage, trying making them positive by praying for the baby. Pray for it to have a good and healthy life. Pray that its success in life is due to its own hard work and determination and not simply be known as that baby the woman on The View didn't want."

And Sherri gave this her ok by tweeting it, imo.

I have to wonder what Jeffrey has been told about Sal, the baby, all of it.

Sherri tweeted the link to that blog because it advances the bullshit story that she's trying to spin:

... then her second husband talks her into having a surrogate conceive a child, just to divorce her and sue her for child support?

Based on her actions and her statements over the last several years, I will never believe that. This is exactly how I see it:

I don't watch ET/Access Hollywood etc., but I do follow gossip websites, and frankly I'm astounded that there's not more outrage about the fact that Sherri has basically "abandoned" this child.  Most of the stories just talk about how she feels like Sal conned her to have the child so she can pay child support.  I am sorry, but we all know that she wanted this child too.  You don't enter into a surrogacy situation lightly, and it takes a long time to find a drama-free uterus, set up the legal/financial agreements etc.  If she and Sal were in a good place then she'd consider that child just as much hers even if it weren't her egg - just as most adoptive parents do.  Sorry for the bad timing, Sherri.  If your husband is a no-good, cheating, lazy etc. then so be it...but you were a willing participant in the creation of this child.  How dare you flip the switch and cut off your rights to that child just because your marriage fell apart.

And what must her family think?  "Yeah!  Sherri and Sal are going to have a baby...I'm going to be a grandma/auntie/uncle/brother.  Oh.  Nevermind."  (Do you think Jeffrey was told that he was going to be a big brother at one point?)

Excellent post!

• Love 4

Better than his former "occupation" - stay at home HUSBAND.

I have always been a "stay at home Mom" but...........I worked my butt off, Sal did nothing and dared complain if he took Jeffrey to a movie & that was very rare. He could have got Jeffrey out of bed, supervised him showering , getting dressed, fed &  driven him to school but he was too tired from playing poker all night.....

• Love 2

I'm sure there was a lot going on in that household that was no shared on twitter, instagram or The View.  We have no idea what kinds of ways parenting was going on. There has been many many questionable truthful things posted for the public to read.

A stay at home dad could be a very positive influence in a child's life

• Love 5

I don't watch ET/Access Hollywood etc., but I do follow gossip websites, and frankly I'm astounded that there's not more outrage about the fact that Sherri has basically "abandoned" this child. Most of the stories just talk about how she feels like Sal conned her to have the child so she can pay child support. I am sorry, but we all know that she wanted this child too. You don't enter into a surrogacy situation lightly, and it takes a long time to find a drama-free uterus, set up the legal/financial agreements etc. If she and Sal were in a good place then she'd consider that child just as much hers even if it weren't her egg - just as most adoptive parents do. Sorry for the bad timing, Sherri. If your husband is a no-good, cheating, lazy etc. then so be it...but you were a willing participant in the creation of this child. How dare you flip the switch and cut off your rights to that child just because your marriage fell apart.

And what must her family think? "Yeah! Sherri and Sal are going to have a baby...I'm going to be a grandma/auntie/uncle/brother. Oh. Nevermind." (Do you think Jeffrey was told that he was going to be a big brother at one point?)

^^^ THIS! IMHO Sherri and Sal are just as fully and equally responsible for the conception and birth of this child via surrogate as they would be if Sherri had physically been able to sustain the pregnancy herself.

They could have adopted a child that would have been born with or without them. They chose not to. To our knowledge, Sal didn't have an affair with another woman, knock her up, and then hire her as a "surrogate" without Sherri's knowledge (wouldn't THAT be soap opera worthy!). No. These two adults (I know, a dubious description where Sal/Sherri are concerned) came together and made a conscious decision to attempt to create a new life by any means possible with the expectation that, if successful, they would be the co-parents and fully responsible for this new life. The means by which they ultimately chose to conceive may be more complicated and costly and require a bit more paperwork to formalize, but is otherwise irrelevant. That child would not exist if Sherri had not been a full participant in setting his conception in motion.

Generally speaking, if we, as a society, have decided that both parties responsible for the *unintended* creation of a new child are legally responsible for the support of that child (unless and until there is a change in legal parental status), then I'm not sure how you argue that one or both of the people solely responsible for the VERY intended and indeed eagerly awaited creation of a new child can just walk away from that responsibility after the fact without adverse consequences just because the personal relationship between those people has subsequently imploded.

Even if Sal did lie to her the whole time and had decided before the child was conceived that he didn't want to stay in the marriage, it may have been a shitty thing to do and he may be scum but that doesn't make Sherri any less responsible for the creation of that child. This isn't a real estate deal where he sold her a rotting building under false pretenses and she wants her money back. This is a child that they created TOGETHER.

It should be very interesting to see what a court of law has to say, but I suspect the court of public opinion will not be kind to Sherri if she really tries to walk away completely from that little boy.

• Love 10

He could have got Jeffrey out of bed, supervised him showering , getting dressed, fed &  driven him to school but he was too tired from playing poker all night.....

especially on those days she would waste time tweeting about morning issues (waking up late, Jeffrey not getting dressed quickly, Jeffrey taking too long in the shower) She even mentioned not wanting to wake Sal,

Sal should've been up helping them both get out the door (and tended to the dogs and other morning household chores) - and then headed back to bed.

Sure hope LJ will be a good baby as Sal thinks he is (this week he's just tired from the work of being born)

• Love 4

It should be very interesting to see what a court of law has to say, but I suspect the court of public opinion will not be kind to Sherri if she really tries to walk away completely from that little boy.

Also interesting that Sherri called the son that x-Jeff had when Jeffrey was born her "step son".

Part of what I wondered has been answered. The baby has been born and according to Sal is with him. So, I guess there was no clause in the agreement regarding Sal and Sherri taking custody upon the birth.

He could have got Jeffrey out of bed, supervised him showering , getting dressed, fed &  driven him to school but he was too tired from playing poker all night.....

Sal couldn't keep up with feeding the dogs when Sherri was out of tonw, so how is his out of shape self going to take care of a newborn?

• Love 3

Okay here's Bette going left again...

This child has a parent. Lamar. It's unfortunate he doesn't have a mother figure but considering the circumstances? SS would be a fool to fill that role.

• Love 6
Also interesting that Sherri called the son that x-Jeff had when Jeffrey was born her "step son".

It's probably correct legally.  She and x-Jeff were still married...for quite awhile after that second Tarpley baby was born.  We KNOW Sherri is all about being correct.  It would probably be nice if she just called the boy Jeffrey's brother (even better than half-brother).

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder why she's in Atlanta and if Jeffrey is on this trip.

I still think something in Atlanta played a part in the Sherri/Sal separation.

Steve Harvey has an award event for the city of Atlanta (Sherri mentioned it on Twitter)

At The @Iamsteveharvey #FordNeighborhoodAwards

In this long article- Sherri's name wasn't mentioned as performing or presenting (she will let us know)

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/07/steve-harvey-ready-for-big-neighborhood-awards-weekend-in-atlanta/

Edited by springtime

Does she ever spend a weekend at home??

She's so ridiculous with all these "selfies". Twitter and Instagram: a narcissist's wet dream

"being with yourself" pleeeaze… someone took that picture, not her. she's not alone.  

Where's the kid?

Clearly she thinks she looks all that in those damn jeans!

• Love 2

"being with yourself" pleeeaze… someone took that picture, not her. she's not alone.  

Where's the kid?

Clearly she thinks she looks all that in those damn jeans!

I realize I called it a "selfie" but I know she didn't take the pic herself. I just said that because she's posting yet another pic of herself. It seems so silly and immature to constantly be posing in these outfits and posting pics every day. 

Her "glam squad" must have taken that pic for her because I just checked her Instagram account and I see that before the jeans pic she posted a pic with her "glam squad", her hair and makeup people. So she travels everywhere with them?

Now she's posting pics in another outfit, where it looks like everyone is dressed in white at some party. First she posted a pic with Roland Martin, and then one with Kym Whitley, where she said:

http://instagram.com/p/rdp6LVILrM/?modal=true

sherrieshepherd

53 minutes ago

"A friend is closer than a brother" - @kymwhitley is One of my ride or die girls - the girl that will put on a doo rag to go bust out a car window with you! love you so much lady!

Stooooopidd....

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

I want to see that whole white getup she has on.  Lovely, talking about breaking car windows.  Yeah stooooopidd.  And she does love that see-thru black top and the black bra.  She wore that at the wrestling thing for her ex-con man.  Hee.

• Love 3

@CattyTiger, were you able to see the pic in the link I posted above the quote? I know some posters have said that they can't see the Instagram pics for some reason.

Here it is in case anyone can't access it on Instagram:

VhsnNea.png

Edited by LuckyBitch

@CattyTiger, were you able to see the pic in the link I posted above the quote? I know some posters have said that they can't see the Instagram pics for some reason.

VhsnNea.png

dear lawd……is that dress even long enough to cover her bidness???

• Love 4

VhsnNea.png

Cute blouse. Too bad her glam squad forgot to send her out with the pants or skirt that was supposed to go with it.

• Love 4

No, and that's goal because she's on the prowl.

this is another one of those photos that looks like a composite photo using halves from two different bodies.

her clothes must certainly have to be made for her or else have extensive custom  tailoring because there's no way with that shape she'd find anything off the rack to fit her...

Edited by GoldDustWoman
  • Love 2

@GoldDustWoman, someone mentioned just the last day or so that Sherri appears to Photoshop her pics that she tweets and Intagrams. I never thought of that before, but it's making sense now. I don't watch the show, just clips here and there and I'm always surprised at how she looks so different on the show compared to the pics that I always see on her Twitter and Instagram.

Did anyone notice her hashtag in that pic she tweeted with Derek from DWTS? 

http://instagram.com/p/rVSg8TILoI/?modal=true

sherrieshepherd
3 days ago
How low can you go!!! As low as @DerekHough wants me to go!!! I want to go back to #DWTS!!! #lambadaloving #hetookall150lbsofme

• Love 1

Sherri has been tweeting and talking about her farewell show with some of her favorite people who are going to be there. E Online had a clip of the closing of the farewell show and Whoopi Goldberg is not on the panel and wasn't there for Sherri and Jenny's last show.

(edited)

Her "glam squad" must have taken that pic for her because I just checked her Instagram account and I see that before the jeans pic she posted a pic with her "glam squad", her hair and makeup people. So she travels everywhere with them?

She has glam squads (hair and make up artists) in cities she visits frequently- and is known to tweet when she is visiting a new area to find services she needs.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

On the prowl or not, that micro mini dress is so inappropriate.  WTF is Sherri thinking?  Is she hoping to have a wardrobe malfunction and trend on Twitter because of it?   

And yes, it does seem like she has her glam squad with her everywhere she goes.  Seriously, does she not know how to put her own makeup on?

• Love 3
(edited)

WTF is Sherri thinking?  Is she hoping to have a wardrobe malfunction and trend on Twitter because of it?   

Well-  her recent tweet that was just a bunch of letters made a celebrity news mention 

Alan Cumming wants LinkedIn to stop harassing him, Sherri Shepherd's confusing tweet, Nick Carter is staying fit, plus more fascinating celeb twitter posts and words of wisdom below.

http://www.celebuzz.com/2014-08-06/celebrity-twitter-chatter-alan-cumming-sherri-shepherd-nick-carter-and-more/

and People has an article about the carnival incident

http://www.people.com/article/sherri-shepherd-defends-son-twitter

So she is out for attention and would love any mention!

ETA- Looks like Sheryl Underwood is a performer at Steve Harvey's weekend event (more publicity for The Talk)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

I could see the picture - joy - but at that angle, I was wanting to see the whole "dress" especially from the front.  Seriously, she's so short that is not a dress.  And she needs to get over that bright pink.  What's that saying, all her taste is in her mouth.

Derek Hough is one strong guy with an unbelievably strong core.  He's had a couple of quite large partners.  So if Sherri's saying 150 lbs, we ladies know it's probaby closer to 160 (haha), but at her height that's not exactly close to normal weight.  Her upper arms compared to her tall friend...

I hadn't thought about her photoshopping what she posts either, LuckyBitch.  Thanks, GoldDustWoman.  Seems pretty obvious now since you brought it up.

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 2
Honestly, if I were facing a huge reduction in my income I'm not sure I would be paying a glam squad.

Let's hope she isn't paying for these questionable services.  Maybe she trades "publicity" for glamming, Maryis1.

• Love 1
(edited)

Can anyone tell if Sherri actually wore a onesie/ romper (not a tunic shirt without pants)

Still a bad look - but would've provided a little coverage of her privates! lol

She has broken her iphone and is struggling through:

If anyone is trying to reach me, even though my cell is smashed to smithereens, you can still call me but I can't call you #cellphonedrama

I'm sure there is a Verizon store in Atlanta (probably more than one!) and she has the money to replace it today (the rest of us would have to wait for screen replacement- or try to get a phone deal elsewhere)

Edited by springtime

I see Sherri started her day off with a half dozen tweets about how she dropped her cellphone last night and it's cracked, and oh the problems and the drama.

It's like reading the Twitter of a 16 year old.

• Love 1

Why is she in Atlanta?

On the other side of the US, what is "dunking on fools"?

Sal @SalfromtheD     ·   4h   

My baby can turn on his side already in just 3 days old.  He going to be dunking on fools by the end of the month!!!

After Monday, (Sherri's last show) I'm going cold turkey on Sal's twitter.

Why is she in Atlanta?

On the other side of the US, what is "dunking on fools"?

Sal @SalfromtheD     ·   4h   

My baby can turn on his side already in just 3 days old.  He going to be dunking on fools by the end of the month!!!

After Monday, (Sherri's last show) I'm going cold turkey on Sal's twitter.

A basketball reference? Sal really is quite the writer, oh my.

The "dress" Sherri had on was pretty but it looked like a top. Dear Sherri really needs to work out something with her hair. Maybe part it off to the side a bit? When she posts pictures with her  "glam squad",  I'm tempted to ask if it's the "before" picture.

• Love 3

Went to look at her twitter and there is a blurb about her saying Sal stealing twenty thousand dollars from their account before leaving. Got himself a little traveling money I guess.

Oh, I don't see that. Would you be able to post it?

Maybe he decided to up the prenup payment from 60K to 80K!