Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

I was thinking she made the 100g/3gs a mo offer because she got some unsettling news from her attorney. Her original position was that she wasn't giving a penny more than the prenup calls for.

Why else the about face?

Yes, exactly what the prenup is for! I don't think she should back down, either.

• Love 2

I just don't get why she would marry him to begin with.....and offer a $60,000 prenup no matter how long they were married....be it 3, 13, 23, 33 etc years. Rather a disturbing prenup imo....not that she shouldn't have had one. But that is rather disturbing.

• Love 2

".....a woman has to watch out for herself. You can't be blinded by love. Love can be a wonderful thing but I've seen the flip side; how it can be used as a weapon against a woman over and over again and in my own family. I'd be a fool not to have learned anything from that..... ".

Words to live by. From the brilliant, incomparable, tough as nails Miss Janet Jackson.

I suppose if the situation were reversed and a man gave a woman this kind of prenup and wanted a family (pre-marriage interview on the show) I might feel differently.

A reasonable one sure, an insulting one.....just no.

Especially when Sherri knew (or should have) Sal's work history and FICO.

So her Joan Rivers story was that when she left the View Joan sent her a message saying "Funny girls always work" or something very close to that… i.e., giving her encouragement to be positive and that she would find new work (stand up or whatever).  And they made a date for lunch… sounds like for Joan to give her some advice about bouncing back from adversity.  How that makes someone your "mentor"…. maybe she meant "idol'??

• Love 1

I'm thinking Joan was a very kind person and sent a nice note to Sherri.

But I really doubt she was Sherri's mentor, or they did stand up together, lol.

Idol is closer, but I doubt that as well as Joan's comedy was hardly Sherri's. Except for wishful longing for a huge stage Joan had for standup. Sherri was never even an opening act for Joan.

• Love 1

Welp, she's been quiet on twitter for a couple of days, but made up for it at the Cinderella press event. On getting into character to be the wicked stepmother:

"But she revealed a foolproof way of channeling her inner evil bi-atch when it comes time to harass singer and actress Keke Palmer, who takes over the title role the same day.

“I think of the ex-husbands and the alimony — that gets me there,” Shepherd told Daily News theater critic Joe Dziemianowicz. “Hell hath no fury like a woman who has to pay alimony to two husbands. That’s motivation right there.”"

http://slidernews.com/sherri-shepherd-knows-witch-way-to-go-2/

Is there any alimony involved in the case with Sal? I thought it was prenup money and child support.....

Interesting that several Broadway Show sites that I have seen today list celebrity after celebrity praising Joan Rivers.....crickets from Sherri about her mentor.

But her mama BW is going to come to her play......and here I thought BW was her mentor.

Edited by maggiemae

Maybe the "nude selfies" are pictures she said she sent to her boyfriend in prison?

PRISON??????

Ok let's summarize:

Husband #1-Cheater, user.

Husband #2- Cheater, user, possible blackmailer,con artist

Ex Boyfriend- Convict

Possible new boyfriend- Gay, down low.

There may not be any hope for this woman. ...

• Love 8

What the HELL? Separated in May and dating in June? Taking it slow by jetting all over following him like a teen ?  I did my fair share of blonde 30 year old divorcee crazies because I married my high school boyfriend, but even I would have known to NOT date while still being raked over the coals by two husbands. She is a very special kind of stupid and not sympathetic at all.

• Love 5

In that article it has a huge pic of Sherri in that black/white dress.  Check out the seam on the side.  I wonder what she paid for it.  Anybody who sews could have stitched up that dress in a jiffy without unsightly seams.

Shepherd is worried that her estranged husband, Lamar Sally, with whom she has had a very stormy past, is on the verge of releasing nude selfies of her.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr...r/#PWb2Awp28q5F

You know when the celeb nude pics story broke I thought Sherri is probably going to somehow insert herself into the story and lo and behold she did.  I would bet her "people" are the sources.

“I think of the ex-husbands and the alimony — that gets me there,” Shepherd told Daily News theater critic Joe Dziemianowicz. “Hell hath no fury like a woman who has to pay alimony to two husbands. That’s motivation right there.”"

Her having to pay alimony to her first husband I can understand.  They were married for a long time and neither one was rich when they married.  So when they divorced as is the usual case the spouse who was making more money had to pay support to the other spouse.  I don't think that was fair deal since Jeff had cheated on Sherri and fathered another child but I guess the California legal system didn't care.  But Sherri having to pay Sal anything is all her own damn fault.  She married a man who didn't have the best track record for a steady income.  A man who from where I sit did absolutely nothing to contribute financially to their marriage.  A man who insisted upon having a male child of his own even though he was presumably being a step father figure (at the very least) to Jeffrey.  I'm assuming Sherri's lawyers drew up their pre nup.  If she didn't want to have to pay him anything if they divorced then she should have insisted that be specified in the pre nup.    If she did ask for that and Sal refused then she shouldn't have married him.

She is a very special kind of stupid and not sympathetic at all.

I don't have a shred of sympathy for her.  She has shown on a consistent basis she is incapable of learning from her mistakes.  And I can't abide stupidity being rewarded and Sherri has used hers every chance she gets.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 6

PRISON??????

Sherri also fesses up to new details about a set of nude photos. which she first revealed on "The View" in 2007. Sherri says she sent the pictures to a boyfriend in prison, and she wishes he had made them public.

She cracks in the book: "I was in my 20s and I looked amazing. I had one chin and no wrinkles."

From: http://wendyista.blogspot.com/2009/07/sherri-shepherd-survived-lesbian-sex.html#ixzz3CRvdFTyY

That's why I said the other day she is probably disappointed she wasn't included in the hacking.

I think of the ex-husbands and the alimony

No God or Jesus for this I guess. She really needs to understand the words she uses. We have established that she doesn't understand "single" as in single mom, and now playing single while still married, or "ex" very well. She has 1 ex-husband, not ex-husbands, yet.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

Sherri also fesses up to new details about a set of nude photos. which she first revealed on "The View" in 2007. Sherri says she sent the pictures to a boyfriend in prison, and she wishes he had made them public.

She cracks in the book: "I was in my 20s and I looked amazing. I had one chin and no wrinkles."

From: http://wendyista.blogspot.com/2009/07/sherri-shepherd-survived-lesbian-sex.html#ixzz3CRvdFTyY

That's why I said the other day she is probably disappointed she wasn't included in the hacking.

Hold up. That excerpt from her book says she was in prison for 8days for unpaid parking tickets? But dressed like a hooker? Assumed she was going to be sexually assaulted by a janitor who offered her a candy bar?

Am I the only one who is thinking there is some exaggeration going on?

Ok wait. She went to jail for parking tickets, then was transferred to a prison. Yeah, she is not telling the whole thing.

And she " survived a lesbian attack" translates to "a janitor offered her a snickers bar". Being hit on by a lesbian = surviving a lesbian attack. Who knew?

I guess I'm a survivor.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

I think the judge ruled there would be no change in custody. Of course, he can try again!

Oh I'm sure as long Sherri keeps tweeting her entire life at some point Jeff will have something he can use to get custody of Jeffrey.

• Love 3

...and at some point JEFFREY will have something to say about it.

I definitely get the impression Sherri smothers Jeffrey.  I can remember a few years ago she was talking about how no girl was ever going to take Jeffrey away from her or some shit like that.  And let's not forget about she said she used to shake her boobs in his face.

• Love 4

I definitely get the impression Sherri smothers Jeffrey.  I can remember a few years ago she was talking about how no girl was ever going to take Jeffrey away from her or some shit like that.  And let's not forget about she said she used to shake her boobs in his face.

I agree, Sherri does smother Jeffrey but on the other hand she does not seem to realize that the other kids at his school must be teasing him about her actions. All the divorce, surrogate stuff was bad enough but now Sherri is "worried" that Sal will release nude pics of of her. Does she think smothering him & keeping him in a bubble will protect him from the nasty comments of other kids??

And he is old enough, his developmental problems aside, to get online & see all the Sherri publicity stuff himself. She truly does not think / act in a normal manner.

• Love 5
I agree, Sherri does smother Jeffrey but on the other hand she does not seem to realize that the other kids at his school must be teasing him about her actions. All the divorce, surrogate stuff was bad enough but now Sherri is "worried" that Sal will release nude pics of of her. Does she think smothering him & keeping him in a bubble will protect him from the nasty comments of other kids??

And she wonders why the parents of Jeffrey's classmates don't want to be friends with her.

• Love 9

"pop him on the butt one time"

How did that work out for Sherri?

Her hair looks awful. It looks like that clip was shot while she was doing press for Cinderella. Of all the things that could have been asked, she gets asked about DWTS?

Ya know.... I was thinking.... since Sherri is such good friends with Donny and Jenny..... And Jenny has had so much work.... maybe their good friend Sherri would agree to be a surrogate for the new couple.... sense she has had a lot of experience with that sort of thing

Edited by RogerFromOhio

The whole notion of Sherri being concerned that Sal would release naked photos of her is ridiculous.  It would make him seem like an incredibly awful person to the general public, and would probably not be looked at too kindly during their divorce proceedings.  This sounds like a story completely invented from whole cloth. It's either fabricated by whatever gossip site started the rumor, or has been put out there by Sherri's people to keep her name in the media.

• Love 9

JSYK- Rosie Perez was Sherri's idea (she said it back in June- and we are being reminded  of it as part of the Sherri media blitz)

http://www.eonline.com/news/576057/sherri-shepherd-wanted-rosie-perez-as-a-view-co-host-months-ago-find-out-what-she-said

"I would love to see a Latina sit at the table," Shepherd told E!. "Rosie Perez would be amazing. I always try to put the hit on Rosie"

Edited by springtime

I just don't get why she would marry him to begin with.....and offer a $60,000 prenup no matter how long they were married....be it 3, 13, 23, 33 etc years. Rather a disturbing prenup imo....not that she shouldn't have had one. But that is rather disturbing.

A pre-nup like that is considered a pittance. And as you said, it wasn't based on the number of years they were married. So it seems to me that it was more to protect her than to beef up his future worth. It was supposed to put a cap on what he could ask for.

The chld has complicated the pre-nup. i'm sure that Sherri, after spending a sizeable amount to bring about the egg donor, surrogacy, and incubatig surrogate, she never thought in a million years the marriage would be over BEFORE the biologically unrelated child would be born.

Sherri, please shut the hell up. We couldn't wait to be rid of you from the View, but you're still talking!  Nobody needs your stupid advice, esp. folks on DWTS.

Especially about DWTS.  Second hand embarrassment watching her on that season.

• Love 3

This article (more of the same about Cinderella)  seems to state a start date of September 12th for the new cast:

(unless they mean when Keke,Sherri and Judy Kaye will all be in place)

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-TV-Broadway-Gets-a-New-Princess--Meet-the-Latest-Company-of-CINDERELLA-20140906

my computer did not like playing the video- so I'm not sure what info it has

edited to fix Judy's name

Edited by springtime

Kaye (Nice Work If You Can Get It, The Phantom of the Opera, Souvenir) will take on the role of Cinderella's fairy godmother, beginning Sept. 12. She replaces original cast member Victoria Clark (The Light in the Piazza). Clark, who departs the production, Sept. 11, received a Tony Award nomination for her performance.

Palmer ("Just Keke" "Trip to Bountiful," "Akeelah and the Bee," Joyful Noise") and Shepherd ("30 Rock") will take on the roles of Cinderella and wicked step mother Madame, respectively, beginning Sept. 9.

So for all 3, Sept. 12th is the first time they are all in it together.

• Love 1

http://www.broadwayw...ERELLA-20140906 at the very start of Sherri's part of this interview she goes on about "just" finding out that she would be in 8 shows a week. Whoopie asked her the day she announced getting this gig, did she think she could handle 8 shows a week. Anyone who knows anything about Broadway knows there are 8 shows a week

Sherri loves putting on this dumb act, God knows she is dumb enough but this exaggerating/ changing her story gets old really fast

• Love 10
...at the very start of Sherri's part of this interview she goes on about "just" finding out that she would be in 8 shows a week. Whoopie asked her the day she announced getting this gig, did she think she could handle 8 shows a week. Anyone who knows anything about Broadway knows there are 8 shows a week

Dumbdownus, your moniker is prophetic!   Sadly, there are too many people who seem to buy Sherri's "honest" ignorance.  Ohhhhh...she didn't know she was going to have to do eight shows a week.  She didn't know she couldn't carry her script onstage with her.  She's going to have to learn her lines.  Good thing she didn't continue to talk; I would have needed Dramamine.  The director said she's bringing "her own take" to the character.  We all KNOW what that's going to be: bug-eyed buffoonery.

• Love 10

She must be busy rehearsing and learning her lines. She's probably attended a show or two also. I don't recall her saying she saw Cinderella previously.

Interesting that she chose to get the word vagina in there during the interview. And yet again she thinks she's going to inspire soooo many people. Blech

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4

There is a time and place for buffoonery -  Not appropriate in an interview about joining the company of a Broadway show!

Someone needs to fill her in- Broadway isn't a stand up routine! (and It is not all about her)

Hopefully Sherri sticks to the script (if she has learned it)

I'm sure reviews will be interesting!

• Love 4

“Cinderella” producer Robyn Goodman acknowledged that her incoming star’s legal battles could get ugly before they’re fully resolved.

“I have total faith that nothing is going to come up that’s unsavory,” Goodman said.

Just found this among the interviews done last week promoting Cinderella...........could be interesting and what does this producer consider to be "unsavory"

• Love 3

"If Sherri would have been more sexual with me and sent me things like nude pictures, we'd still be married."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/07/lamar-sally-sherri-shepherd-nude-photos-naked-child-custody/#ixzz3CeQWrTTp

Sal's response to Sherri's claim of nude selfies!

and he's pulled out a calculator:

We're told Sally rejected a $150K settlement offer from Shepherd in their child custody dispute ... because he crunched the numbers. That works out to $694/mo. over 18 years, and according to our sources ... Sally thinks the court will order Sherri to pay more..

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

Hmmm....Perhaps Sal telling TMZ  Sherri never sent him nude photos? But if she had probably they might not be getting divorced today.....he went on to say Sherri was not very sexual with him.

I often wondered if Sherri's over the top sexual attitude was a cover for frigidity :) Being a beard for Johnny Gill will be just what she needs!!

• Love 5
I often wondered if Sherri's over the top sexual attitude was a cover for frigidity :

If things we've read online, in tabloids, etc. are close to being true, I think Sal was surprised (disappointed?) that Sherri promised more than she delivered.

• Love 6

I recall Sherri telling BW about nude selfies, with the attitude that "everybody"  sends nude photos to their partner, and I swear she was saying she sent sexy messages to sal and included photos of her boobs. 

Then, a couple months later, she was all judgemental about women sending nude selfies, asking "who does that?"   and contributing to the discussion of how risky it was.  

I think Sherri re-invents herself so many times, she loses track of what if truth and what is ficiton.

• Love 12

I wonder if Sherri attended her "mentor's" funeral today. Surprisingly, she hasn't even tweeted about her death at all.

“I have total faith that nothing is going to come up that’s unsavory,” Goodman said.

Something tells me his faith will be shattered. Why the heck is HE being asked anything about it?

Edited by ginger90