Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Chapter 34

Meechum was sweet and loyal and everything, but at the same time, can't he distinguish between tones? I mean the writer was CLEARLY sympathetic towards Frank. Read a book, Meechum. 

I like Freddy's dreams vs fantasies speech to DeShawn. That is good parenting. 

Missed why Mendoza is toast... anyone got that?

Ischabibble got it- that's the reason given. I wonder if they couldn't get the actor for the whole season due to conflicts of schedule or something? It seemed a rather abrupt disappearance, considering how much face time Mendoza had up to this point in the season.

• Love 3
(edited)

Guys, what do you think of the novelist actor?

I keep wondering if the actor is boring and bland by design.  It doesn't work for me, really.  I mean I kind of know bland personalities like that in real life, but for such a big part...?

WTF did this actor come from, anyway?

Also, a couple of episodes ago, I remember the character saying he's married -- is that right?

For example, in contrast, I find Molly Parker pretty damn electrifying.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Guys, what do you think of the novelist actor?

I keep wondering if the actor is boring and bland by design.  It doesn't work for me, really.  I mean I kind of know bland personalities like that in real life, but for such a big part...?

WTF did this actor come from, anyway?

Also, a couple of episodes ago, I remember the character saying he's married -- is that right?

For example, in contrast, I find Molly Parker pretty damn electrifying.

He's Micky Doyle from Boardwalk Empire

• Love 1

Yup, it took two or three scenes after his character was introduced before I said "Oh hey, it's Mickey!".

Then, unfortunately, for the rest of the season every time I saw him, I was distracted from his dialogue because I was preoccupied waiting for that annoying little Mickey Doyle *snicker* to surface. :)

• Love 1
(edited)
I like Freddy's dreams vs fantasies speech to DeShawn. That is good parenting.

Gotta disagree. I understand where Freddy was coming from, but to just shoot down a boy's dreams like that is cruel. I would have preferred something like "Lots of people want to be President, DeShawn. Let's just concentrate on your grades right now."

Ischabibble got it- that's the reason given. I wonder if they couldn't get the actor for the whole season due to conflicts of schedule or something? It seemed a rather abrupt disappearance, considering how much face time Mendoza had up to this point in the season.

I assumed Benito Martinez had some obligation that forced him to pull out of the remaining episodes. Too bad, because he's an awesome actor and I liked his character.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 4

Yup, it took two or three scenes after his character was introduced before I said "Oh hey, it's Mickey!".

Then, unfortunately, for the rest of the season every time I saw him, I was distracted from his dialogue because I was preoccupied waiting for that annoying little Mickey Doyle *snicker* to surface. :)

To be fair, there was no trace of Mickey Doyle on the writer.  That is usually a sign of a very good actor

I assumed Benito Martinez had some obligation that forced him to pull out of the remaining episodes. Too bad, because he's an awesome actor and I liked his character.

This was so disappointing.  I was looking forward to white Democrat vs minority Republican showdown

I agree that it seemed to be a very abrupt end to that storyline. I rather liked the character, too.

(edited)

No - Mendoza is gone!  I liked him.

Does anyone else think that Doug knew Seth would take credit for the information, and that why he repeated the 'tell him it came from me' point?  Doug could now easily make Seth look untrustworthy in Frank's eyes.  Seth hasn't really done anything but blunder this season.

it's also interesting to consider exactly how much Doug could unsettle Dunbar's campaign at this point simply by resigning or switching sides.  She values his opinion highly, and his say-so has helped her hire incredibly useful people and influenced her strategy.  There's also the fact that if he jumped ship now, she would immediately distrust every past piece of advice, no matter how sound, and start to second-guess herself.

I'm slightly confused on what was happening at the beginning.  Frank also has to ask the opposition to release funds, and not just his cabinet?

Aw, loyal Meechum.

Edited by Fen
  • Love 1

Does anyone else think that Doug knew Seth would take credit for the information, and that why he repeated the 'tell him it came from me' point?  Doug could now easily make Seth look untrustworthy in Frank's eyes.  Seth hasn't really done anything but blunder this season.

I had the same thought, actually, and IIRC, Seth didn't tell Frank where the information came from (unless I misheard). I kept expecting it to come up at some point (like when Doug went back to Frank to use it as "proof" that he was working as a mole), but it never resurfaced.

Seth actually gave it to Remy to pass on to Frank, claiming that it came from one of Jackie's staffers.  This made Remy look incompetent for not finding out before now (Frank was definitely angry about that). 

I was surprised that Freddy accepted Frank's job offer so quickly and without any qualms. I thought he would put up some protest about not wanting any charity. I like that his priority was how much he would be paid so he can make sure his grandson is taken care of. When Frank asked what other kind of job he was interested in, I was really hoping that Freddy would suggest something like airline pilot or cabinet advisor just to see what Frank said.

• Love 1

It is nice to see favorite characters from the prior seasons, like Freddy and Meecham, having more lines during this episode. Yes was looking forward to Mendoza running against Frank as the Republican presidential candidate, so too bad the actor had to leave. Seems they replaced him with some generic white guy. Liked Freddy's speech to his grandson.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

Freddy! I was missing him this season.

I loved Meacham defending Frank to the writer as not being a fool. Meacham is so loyal.

not only meacham Doug is vey loyal too seith is liar and completely fooling the president

not only meacham Doug is vey loyal too seith is liar and completely fooling the president

What was said about Walmart was true is it true one of every 10 worker lives on food stamps

How'd it go? Kate's editor at The Washington Telegraph doesn't want to publish the piece because it would threaten her position as a member of the White House press corps

I've seen this error at least twice in the recaps. The paper Kate (and Ayla) work for is the WALL STREET Telegraph, which is obviously meant to be the HoC version of the Wall Street Journal.