Type keyword(s) to search

Citing Precedents: Daredevil In Comics, Movies, And Other Media

The ONLY thing that I will say about Affleck's version is that Cox's costume in the finale makes Affleck's "look" even worse in comparison. I didn't think that was possible.

Not to mention Cox is SO much more better, more sexier, better looking, a better actor...

Hmm...I guess y'all can tell that I don't like Affleck, eh?

I've never read a DareDevil comic, but I am SO going to watch the one or two cartoon movies that I've seen on Netflix, but never watched.

• Love 1

If you're new to Daredevil and want to see how he works in the page, Marvel's running a sale through their app and also at ComiXology.com with collections on sale for $4.99 each.  They're offering Frank Miller's early run from the late 70s and early 80s, the seminal graphic novel Born Again, some of Brian Michael Bendis' run from the Marvel Knights days, and the first collection from Mark Waid's run on the book that's just about to wrap up.

• Love 2

If you're new to Daredevil and want to see how he works in the page, Marvel's running a sale through their app and also at ComiXology.com with collections on sale for $4.99 each.  They're offering Frank Miller's early run from the late 70s and early 80s, the seminal graphic novel Born Again, some of Brian Michael Bendis' run from the Marvel Knights days, and the first collection from Mark Waid's run on the book that's just about to wrap up.

STOP! STOP! I'm sooooo poooor right now! I can't get them, even though I will. I will as soon as I dig myself out from under these medical bills. Sorry, TMI.

In the meantime, It's Googling, and watching other 'toons, which I SWORE I saw on Netflix...

In the meantime, It's Googling, and watching other 'toons, which I SWORE I saw on Netflix...

Last I checked, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon was on Netflix. Daredevil was in a few Season 2 episodes.

ETA: Never mind. Just checked, and it's been taken down. (At least in Canada.)

• Love 1

Last I checked, the 90's Spider-Man cartoon was on Netflix. Daredevil was in a few Season 2 episodes.

Ooooh nice! That's where I was introduced to the character. But I'm sure I saw a couple of team up movies I think? With Hulk it someone else awhile back when I was searching for some other cartoon...

Ooooh nice! That's where I was introduced to the character. But I'm sure I saw a couple of team up movies I think? With Hulk it someone else awhile back when I was searching for some other cartoon...

Do you mean Trial of the Incredible Hulk, the TV movie based on the live action series from the 70's?
  • Love 1

Do you mean Trial of the Incredible Hulk, the TV movie based on the live action series from the 70's?

Nope. It was a cartoon. You know how when you're searching for a title and they don't have it, they show other shows you may like? It wa like that. Now it's going to bug me until I get home and search.

Nope. It was a cartoon. You know how when you're searching for a title and they don't have it, they show other shows you may like? It wa like that. Now it's going to bug me until I get home and search.

Okay, I know the ones you mean now. Don't remember one with Daredevil, though.

Okay, I know the ones you mean now. Don't remember one with Daredevil, though.

Boo. It's not there anymore, and the only Spiderman available for streaming is the '81 series, Spiderman and His Amazing Friends. Yeah, the one that as a DOOFUS for Bobby/Ice Man. Oh, and the more recent The Ultimate Spiderman, which I never watched.  I tried to find the two parter on youtube, and whoever uploaded it ("Chapter VI: Framed") did something so when I tried to watch it, EVERYBODY sounded like they'd just inhaled helium. Couldn't deal with that. And of course, if I want to watch on Amazon, I gotta pay $1.99. No thanks.

The series is now available with audio description, meaning actual blind people can now enjoy the story of a person like them becoming a superhero. It's a pretty neat experience to close your eyes and experience the show as pretty much a radio play. I'm also very impressed at how much information they're able to slip in without ever interfering with the dialogue, and with the narrator never sounding rushed.

• Love 4

The series is now available with audio description, meaning actual blind people can now enjoy the story of a person like them becoming a superhero. It's a pretty neat experience to close your eyes and experience the show as pretty much a radio play. I'm also very impressed at how much information they're able to slip in without ever interfering with the dialogue, and with the narrator never sounding rushed.

I heard there was a huge petition to push the audio description through, they had a great point. This show would be a great launching pad for Netflix to start including audio descriptions with their shows for viewers who can't see. I love that it became a reality!

• Love 3

There was a moment in the Affleck Daredevil, when he was spitting blood and teeth into the sink after a fight, when I thought, "Hey, this could really be something." Obviously the rest of the movie didn't turn out that way. But this show is all that moment.

2 hours ago, Llywela said:

Thanks for the update. I'm a bit confused, though, as to why casting news about the Netflix show is posted in a thread devoted to Daredevil in other media (i.e. the comics and film), rather than the spoiler or media threads for the show itself?

Yikes! I thought this was the show media thread! Sorry!