Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I dont know if this belongs here but Sarah Gourley said she saw TCC Holly on So You Think You Can Dance.

https://twitter.com/sarahi81/status/605542416922255360

Also, another pic from First Meeting. The TCCs take up (at least of portion) of 3 rows!

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/605541583606276096

Yes, I saw TCC Holly last night on SYTYCD too. She was amazing the judges loved her and she got a ticket to Vegas. I guess its obvious at some point she was released because now she is in TC.

Edited by DCCFAN71

If you guys look in the back ground all the girls are carrying giants bags with DCC logos on it , what do guys think is in that bag ?

Probably their practice uniforms and such.

Yes, I saw TCC Holly last night on SYTYCD too. She was amazing the judges loved her and she got a ticket to Vegas. I guess its obvious at some point she was released because now she is in TC.

She probably didn't make it through vegas week

• Love 1

I was more surprised that Jacie didn't get one...I guess I just assumed that if you are good enough to start off all the solos, you will probably get a Barbie lol  But again, I am pretty new to this and have no idea if most who start get one. Before Holly Marie's insta went private I watched all her dance videos and NO surprise she got one!! She is another Erica.

Jacie already has a barbie I thought it was a one and done deal which is why I'm confused about Melissa I thought she got one last year..

Yeah, and surely Kinzie got one before?? Unless she's only recently become an amazing dancer, I can't imagine that this was her first Barbie? Awesome for Lacey! Wasn't she in the lowest scored group at camp last year? Like, when they split groups into highest score and lowest scored?  I know Mary was but I can't remember if Lacey was...

Ok so you can get multiple. Thanks for checking. Now I dont feel like I am losing my mind!

Kinzie got a barbie last year - she and Jinelle are the only vets I can remember from last year. I think the barbie-less upper vets (4+ years) are Danielle, Jenna (unbelievable), Angela, Jessica Marie, and Kelsey.

Man, I wish we could see tonight's rehearsal since they will be teaching Thunderstruck... I really want to know who spent time on YouTube learning it (or getting secret advanced help from alum or current DCCs) and who is gonna be deer in headlights!

I am surprised bec from what i saw both ashley and jenna had better solos , (ps ashley is an amazing jazz dancer that is considered technical genre of dance ) . I don't because jen did ballet that automatically makes her solo better than jenna who did a far better and more original hip hop solo and i think it's bad that DCC keeps giving the girls the message that one type of dance is better that other . Also i have never been a jen k fan she always seemed average on every aspect of DCC to me. Also makes the worst faces she ruined all emma pics for me with her crazy eyes in the back ground and although she is pretty she seems like the least sexy dancer i have ever seen , there a reason she's the one vet left that never got a option for a star swimsuit cover and i don't think she is never going to make the calender.

Just curious, how do you know that one girl's solo was better than the other? None of these girls posted their solos in full unless I completely missed that. The clips we saw were fifteen seconds long. That's really not a fair amount to judge on. I was just speculating, and wasn't putting Jenna or Ashley N. down at all. Just from what we've seen on the show Jen K. has always seemed like the star dancer of her class, so I wasn't surprised to see her with a Barbie, nor any of the other girls who received one.

I'd also like to point out that just because you personally are not a fan of Jen K. doesn't mean she doesn't deserve the Barbie she got. I'm sure her solo was fantastic, just like most of the other ones probably were too. Reality is they only have a few Barbies to give out, and that is all up to K&J.

• Love 3

Just curious, how do you know that one girl's solo was better than the other? None of these girls posted their solos in full unless I completely missed that. The clips we saw were fifteen seconds long. That's really not a fair amount to judge on. 

She said "from what I saw." I agree that it wasn't a fair amount of video of viewers to see, but the opinion is solely based on what was shown. Perhaps they only had a few to give out and the  other girls just scored a point or two higher..who knows.

Okay...Please do not call out other posters on their opinions of the girls. Yes, we may not care for a certain girl, solo routines, etc. etc. etc., but we can be respectful for another poster's thoughts and opinions. Posts calling out other posters will be hidden and/or edited in the future. Thank you for your cooperation and patience. And as always, any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM.

I have a question - are the Barbies given out for excellent solos in the final auditions? I thought they went to just DCCs!  So it's possible to get a Barbie because your solo audition was great, but still not make it onto the official DCC roster?

I have a question - are the Barbies given out for excellent solos in the final auditions? I thought they went to just DCCs! So it's possible to get a Barbie because your solo audition was great, but still not make it onto the official DCC roster?

I personally don't see them giving a Barbie to someone they can't 100% see wearing the uniform in the upcoming season, but you never know!

I don't think a Barbie is a guarantee onto the final roster by any means. The Barbies are exclusively about who gave, in K&J's opinion, the best solos at finals. In theory a rookie TCC could be given one, and then get into training camp and have memory problems, not do the DCC style well, have weight problems, etc. I don't think we've seen any Barbie girls cut so far (excluding Hannah who got a Barbie her first year and was cut in her second year for weight -- not sure if she got a Barbie last year but I think not), but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

I might be totally wrong, but I think Megan C. is going to get called out for weight this year. She received a Barbie. We will just have to wait and see what happens!

I am sincerely hoping that no more vets are under major scrutiny! the fact that they got rid of Jasmine before camp I would hope means they were very serious about not taking maybes.  I feel like unless someone gains a ton of weight or blows it like for personal reasons during camp, they will all make it back. 

I will say I don't know how any of these vets keep skinny during the spring when there are 5000 wedding festivities! they must stick to water and fruit or something at the receptions lol

I am amazed that Jenna has never received a Barbie! I thought for sure she did one year...wow! She always seems to wow them with her dancing.  The others must just be SO GOOD.

• Love 1

I am amazed that Jenna has never received a Barbie! I thought for sure she did one year...wow! She always seems to wow them with her dancing.  The others must just be SO GOOD.

I think that whoever said the Barbie may be for technical excellence might have been correct. (Sorry, I forgot who said that here!) Jenna is very good at giving the power, projection and passion K/J want in their DCCs, but is she technically outstanding in her solo performance? Their solo performance isn't all DCC is, because the solo is about the dancer, not the squad. For the TCC to succeed they need to be able to do DCC style and look like one with the team. So more is required for DCCs than a solo. Just speculating on why Jenna is an amazing DCC but didn't get a Barbie for solo performance. :)

• Love 2

Well, Ashley Marie got a barbie in MTT8 because the year before Kelli called her out for not being sexy and the following year her solo was very sexy (as per Kelli)! So I think you just have to stand out from 85 amazingly good girls who are essentially doing variations of the same moves. double/triple pirouette into a center split, prance into a leap, insert sassy move here, etc. Mackenzie Lee got a barbie and she isn't a technical genius, she just had a kick arse solo!

• Love 1
(edited)

So what we're all kinda saying, is that its totally arbitrary on who gets a Barbie. lol  It's what appeals to Kelli, Judy and probably Charlotte.

Edited by Kaedee

So what we're all kinda saying, is that its totally arbitrary on who gets a Barbie. lol  It's what appeals to Kelli, Judy and probably Charlotte.

Exactly! IMO, I truly believe they have an unlimited amount if Barbie's to give out, but they only give it to the ones they feel deserve one.

I definitely like Chantal too! I think she has a different look than some of the other girls

And the break down is 20 vets and 26 rookies (based on the group pictures and the link of rookies someone posted so I hope that number is correct haha)

So with a total of 46 in TC, they usually pick 35-37 (average). And if they cut all the veterans they wanted during finals, ideally they need to cut 9-11 rookies. Sheesh that's so many!

I'd also like to point out that just because you personally are not a fan of Jen K. doesn't mean she doesn't deserve the Barbie she got. I'm sure her solo was fantastic, just like most of the other ones probably were too. Reality is they only have a few Barbies to give out, and that is all up to K&J.

I never meant bec i don't like her she doesn't deserve it haha ! that's crazy logic i was saying it as i don't get it the appeal of jen k

Who is on the Barbie pic? It's hard to see on my phone. Thanks.

Melissa ,erica , lacey and jen k . two TCCS one of them named holly no one figured out who the other one is ?

Chantal could take the curly spot that Nicole held for so many years LOL

I never meant bec i don't like her she doesn't deserve it haha ! that's crazy logic i was saying it as i don't get it the appeal of jen k

Melissa ,erica , lacey and jen k . two TCCS one of them named holly no one figured out who the other one is ?

I think someone said the other rookie is Megan C? ? I'd have to look at the ultimate cheerleader link again...

• Love 1

I think someone said the other rookie is Megan C? ? I'd have to look at the ultimate cheerleader link again...

OMG that megan , TCC just tag her in a pic so i followed her she's beautiful that DCC vote pic does her no justice

(edited)

Her top is different too. Looks like she wore the wrong outfit all together.

How embarrassing. I bet Kelly didn't like that one bit.

And is the studio really "redecorated?" Looks the same

Edited by Bailey3606

There's someone else in the top picture on the rookie side wearing a different top.

I thought so too, but her hair just doesn't cover the straps like the other women. She has on the correct top. (unless you're referring to the girl on the far right..who is the same as the one in the bottom pic)

(edited)

After seeing the Katlin Legrande thing why don't the have a bag with all the outfits in their car just in that what i would do. They will probably let it go bec of it's first night but i will might leave a bad impression.

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

Unless there was something wrong with her pink outfit...? Hoping it's not another LaGrande situation for a TCC. That would not be a good start. Ant thoughts about Group Leaders ?

Hmm the first group leaders are probably already set. If history is any indication, the seconds who didn't retire will get promoted to first leader and Holly will be the leader of group 1 since she is the tenured leader. Seconds is up for grabs. I hope Jenna gets 2nd. I have no idea who the three other would be (maybe Kelsey or Kinzie?!) As much as I think some of the second year candidates are rock stars, I hope K&J stick with seniority this time round (no offense to Jen K but that was shocking).

I wonder which vet will get the "teach the rookies" segment? I was so happy when Jenn Alexis got it last season but it turned into the Melissa mentor segment and we barely saw Jennifer teaching the girls.

My guesses for group leaders are Holly, Angela, Jacie, and Kelsey with 2nds Jenn K, Jenna...then I'm not sure about the other 2 2nds...could be anyone! Probably Kinzie?

I'm thinking they'll go with Holly, Jen K, Jacie and Angela for GL and Kelsey, Jenelle, Kinzie, Jenna and possibly Jessica for seconds. I hope I'm right and Jenelle is in there. I really like her.

• Love 1

OMG if that girl really mixed up outfits...I just can't even.  Again, why are they not memorizing the show?! Even I already know that it's pinks and blues, and you aren't a blue as a rookie TCC!!

It's been interesting to see who has made their social media private already. A ton of the rookies and even some vets.  Good for them, I guess.

Any sign of Melissa yet?? lol

I'm thinking they'll go with Holly, Jen K, Jacie and Angela for GL and Kelsey, Jenelle, Kinzie, Jenna and possibly Jessica for seconds. I hope I'm right and Jenelle is in there. I really like her.

I REALLY hope Jinelle, Kelsey and Jenna are in there!! I think they are all awesome and would be great as second GL.  I feel like I don't know enough about Jessica, though I like her.  And Kinzie is obviously an outstanding dancer but don't know much of her personality, if it's a leader type.  Honestly, probably any of the vets could step in and do a great job.