Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

Checking back in on the Reddit post, the poster gave some more context into where the spoiler came from. Apparently, his friend was part of some survey group that gives feedback on whether they would watch something based on a synopsis. So, either this is something that Chris is testing out to get feedback, or it's just misdirection. I'm not giving it much credibility. 

• Love 2

Checking back in on the Reddit post, the poster gave some more context into where the spoiler came from. Apparently, his friend was part of some survey group that gives feedback on whether they would watch something based on a synopsis. So, either this is something that Chris is testing out to get feedback, or it's just misdirection. I'm not giving it much credibility. 

I think it's the latter, bs. They're (CC and co.) well known for doing stuff like that over the years. This very well could be the last time we see M & S... so why in the heck would they go and pull a boneheaded stunt like this (having M & S estranged)? It wouldn't make any sense imo. And frankly I trust what CC said in earlier interviews from this year that seem to go counter imo to this.

And that's saying something lol, considering his history over the years. But something's telling me that he was telling the truth, however vague.

• Love 2

So y'all have heard the rumors that they're filming at the Unremarkable House today, right?

No, I only read what's posted here.  So thank you.

Interesting.  I figured they’d be living someplace better now that Mulder can be completely out in the open.  Back in the city, maybe.  I hope Scully is working someplace different, at least.  Everything in IWTB – their house, the hospital - just looked so depressing.

• Love 1

Everything in IWTB – their house, the hospital - just looked so depressing.

I agree. The whole thing was so dark and dreary. At least we know this time there'll be at least one bright scene in the sun. I don't know whether I hope they still live in that house or if I hope they're filming some flashback there. 

I'm going through withdrawal... I need more set photos :(

Me too! X-Files needs a better social media team to keep the hype up. 

• Love 1

I agree. The whole thing was so dark and dreary. At least we know this time there'll be at least one bright scene in the sun. I don't know whether I hope they still live in that house or if I hope they're filming some flashback there. 

Me too! X-Files needs a better social media team to keep the hype up. 

Me three! Not counting on much... but I'll be laughing my ass off if there's a leak of a make out scene or something along those lines and the media overreacts as usual XD. They freaked out over a kiss on the cheek! They'd have a heart attack over the other one! Heck I'd have one if I saw the word 'sexual situations' as part of an episode lol.

No, I only read what's posted here.  So thank you.

Interesting.  I figured they’d be living someplace better now that Mulder can be completely out in the open.  Back in the city, maybe.  I hope Scully is working someplace different, at least.  Everything in IWTB – their house, the hospital - just looked so depressing.

Even the name of the hospital was depressing, wasn't it? 

https://twitter.com/lemon_buzz/status/610430665448890368

Here's a link to the tweet.

(edited)

Yeah---that's another possibility. It almost sounds like they're loosely following the plot from the season 10 comic books.

My other thought was "maybe it's the Peacocks' farm?" but I'm pretty sure Glen verified that they are not doing a sequel to Home.

Edited by Hidebehind

So far we have the possibility of estrangement, William, and looming alien colonization.

Also known as Top Three Things Bastet Does Not Want to See.

And the first one is one that I don't want to see.

Yeah---that's another possibility. It almost sounds like they're loosely following the plot from the season 10 comic books.

My other thought was,"maybe it's the Peacocks' farm?" but I'm pretty sure Glen verified that they are not doing a sequel to Home.

Maybe a bit. As in certain parts, just not the cases?

So that means... oh shit O_O. Hopefully it's legit married though. I'm not a fan of the Mr. and Mrs. Blake fake marriage stuff. They were living together under aliases.

Honestly though, it can't be all that similar, Doggett is in some of them. And they became agents again. It just doesn't seem all that plausible, some of the plot lines aside. It strives to stay in the 90's somewhat imo.

So far we have the possibility of estrangement, William, and looming alien colonization.

Yeah, if this is what we get, I will seriously regret not learning my lesson from IWTB and continuing to have any interest in this show at all. But, right now, I'm easing my anxiety by remembering that Chris said it would be a balance of mythology and MOWs, so the whole focus can't be on William and colonization. Also, the writers that came back aren't the ones who created those storylines. 

Yeah, if this is what we get, I will seriously regret not learning my lesson from IWTB and continuing to have any interest in this show at all. But, right now, I'm easing my anxiety by remembering that Chris said it would be a balance of mythology and MOWs, so the whole focus can't be on William and colonization. Also, the writers that came back aren't the ones who created those storylines. 

Chris still is. And helped in that regard.

And it seems as if the house they were filming at recently is most likely the Unremarkable House, aka: the house of Smut from IWTB!

*melts into a puddle of feels*  :)

I'm feeling a bit better about things.

And it seems as if the house they were filming at recently is most likely the Unremarkable House, aka: the house of Smut from IWTB!

There was smut in IWTB?? What the hell movie was I watching then? What the hell were you watching, AntiBeeSpray??? *grin*

So far we have the possibility of estrangement, William, and looming alien colonization.

Alien Colonization - that's okay, I can live with it. In fact, I actually suspect this will be a feature in the series - i.e. Mulder and Scully figure out how to STOP the colonization once and for all. And that's awesome.

William? - Meh. Maybe he pops up in one episode, then dies as a sacrifice to save his parents and the future of humanity - a la many TV tropes - but that's okay because everyone gets closure (M, S, the viewer and no more William to waste time on. Yeah I know, I'm cold.)

Estrangement - again, eh, whatever but realistic. I don't have a problem with it because I totally understand why both of them could become estranged. In fact I expect it especially from Scully, considering everything. I mean, throughout the first few seasons, I was always surprised that Scully didn't kick Mulder to the curb - and this was BEFORE they got intimate.  And honestly, which one of you would ever stick around for as long as she did, for someone as crazy/intense/obsessed and sometimes selfish as Mulder was, while enduring so much danger in your own life? Very few (which really makes Scully extraordinary). At some point, one will crack - or at least need a break.

So this is fine. Because this is how I believe it will unfold. The first ten minutes of the first episode will briefly re-introduce the X-Files world, the major characters (M, S, Skinner, the FBI, et all). Then some brief mention of the estrangement. Then M & S are brought together to work on something, then they deal with their issues. Maybe throughout this episode or the second one, there are references to why, hints at why they broke up, then they reconcile and are stronger and move devoted and in love than ever. That's it. Issue resolved, and M&S go back to being an amazing couple and solving X-Files and saving the world.

Remember, this show is about alien invasions, government conspiracy, government coverups, shady men in black (FBI or otherwise) and strange and unusual cases (usually murder) that are hard to solve. It's not a romance, it's not a drama, it's not a soap opera. Any "estrangement" will be dealt with and resolved very quickly.

• Love 1

There was smut in IWTB?? What the hell movie was I watching then? What the hell were you watching, AntiBeeSpray??? *grin*

Alien Colonization - that's okay, I can live with it. In fact, I actually suspect this will be a feature in the series - i.e. Mulder and Scully figure out how to STOP the colonization once and for all. And that's awesome.

William? - Meh. Maybe he pops up in one episode, then dies as a sacrifice to save his parents and the future of humanity - a la many TV tropes - but that's okay because everyone gets closure (M, S, the viewer and no more William to waste time on. Yeah I know, I'm cold.)

Estrangement - again, eh, whatever but realistic. I don't have a problem with it because I totally understand why both of them could become estranged. In fact I expect it especially from Scully, considering everything. I mean, throughout the first few seasons, I was always surprised that Scully didn't kick Mulder to the curb - and this was BEFORE they got intimate.  And honestly, which one of you would ever stick around for as long as she did, for someone as crazy/intense/obsessed and sometimes selfish as Mulder was, while enduring so much danger in your own life? Very few (which really makes Scully extraordinary). At some point, one will crack - or at least need a break.

So this is fine. Because this is how I believe it will unfold. The first ten minutes of the first episode will briefly re-introduce the X-Files world, the major characters (M, S, Skinner, the FBI, et all). Then some brief mention of the estrangement. Then M & S are brought together to work on something, then they deal with their issues. Maybe throughout this episode or the second one, there are references to why, hints at why they broke up, then they reconcile and are stronger and move devoted and in love than ever. That's it. Issue resolved, and M&S go back to being an amazing couple and solving X-Files and saving the world.

Remember, this show is about alien invasions, government conspiracy, government coverups, shady men in black (FBI or otherwise) and strange and unusual cases (usually murder) that are hard to solve. It's not a romance, it's not a drama, it's not a soap opera. Any "estrangement" will be dealt with and resolved very quickly.

Implied smut ;). We all know that Mulder wanted to get some.

*ugh* No, no, no. Can't accept that... *la la la* I don't care how fast they 'deal' with it. It's a deal breaker with me. I might be swayed if there's one heck of a make out/sex scene (make up, that is) >:). But even then... I'm NOT a fan of this kind of thing.

Tbh though, I'm STILL calling bs on that leak, considering what CC and Gillian have said so far. It would go counter imo to all of it. How is a relationship 'mature and evolved' if they're estranged? It doesn't make any sense.

Implied smut ;). We all know that Mulder wanted to get some.

Heh. Yeah he did and can you blame him. And I liked his "scratchy beard".

*ugh* No, no, no. Can't accept that... *la la la* I don't care how fast they 'deal' with it. It's a deal breaker with me. I might be swayed if there's one heck of a make out/sex scene (make up, that is) >:). But even then... I'm NOT a fan of this kind of thing.

Tbh though, I'm STILL calling bs on that leak, considering what CC and Gillian have said so far. It would go counter imo to all of it. How is a relationship 'mature and evolved' if they're estranged? It doesn't make any sense.

Have faith, AntiBeeSpray. If this leak is actually true (which as you said, it probably isn't because CC is the king of deflection and being saavy at hiding any filming or plot truth) it will be such a small part of the overall story and connected plot of the series that it will have no lasting impact. At all. It will just be a small part of the first episode, and be resolved very quickly. It it just a way to use a typical trope to set the background, introduce some tension and have the dramatic reunion of M&S before they realize how good they are together and how good they work together in their special and unique way.

Give it a chance, wait for the actual synopses/previews/etc. I know for sure, it's gonna be good!!!! *grin*

I think that estrangement DOESN'T make sense for the reasons you listed, HalcyonDays. How is Scully going to stick with him through everything, lose her sister, her fertility, her daughter, her son, her freedom, the comfort of her family (mother and brothers), etc. just to end up estranged from the man that she did it all for? And how would Mulder let that happen? He can be selfish, but he has shown that he can put Scully's needs ahead of his own (like when he lets her make the decision about turning over the files when she wants to go see Melissa in the hospital). It's not realistic to me that they would be estranged for any reason that might split up a normal couple.

I agree with this, though I still have some reservations about the way that Gillian said it. She said that we would understand and appreciate why the relationship is how it is and hopefully be happy about it. This could imply estrangement, and we would understand and appreciate why they had to take this step for reasons like the ones HalcyonDays listed. She's not as invested in the MSR as fans are and probably doesn't understand how much of a 'betrayal' this would feel like to many people.

But, I'm still thinking that they're not going to go this route. 

Heh. Yeah he did and can you blame him. And I liked his "scratchy beard".

Have faith, AntiBeeSpray. If this leak is actually true (which as you said, it probably isn't because CC is the king of deflection and being saavy at hiding any filming or plot truth) it will be such a small part of the overall story and connected plot of the series that it will have no lasting impact. At all. It will just be a small part of the first episode, and be resolved very quickly. It it just a way to use a typical trope to set the background, introduce some tension and have the dramatic reunion of M&S before they realize how good they are together and how good they work together in their special and unique way.

Give it a chance, wait for the actual synopses/previews/etc. I know for sure, it's gonna be good!!!! *grin*

Me too ;).

Maybe. But given that scene, it didn't seem to be something like that. It seemed as if he appreciated her helping him out. The body language and looks didn't scream 'estranged' in any fashion.

I'm still standing by the 'they're married' thing tbh. It's the one that makes the most sense for some reason. The vibe seemed that way, going along with what's been said so far.

"I think it is such a vital part of the show. The dynamic that's going on at any given episode between those two characters...

I think the way Chris has handled it in the first episode is where it needs to be. And I think fans will appreciate why and hopefully like it."

-- Gillian, Dallas comic con (2015)

Why would she say what she said, if it wasn't a positive thing?

She said their relationship is where it needs to be in the first episode, and fans will appreciate why and hopefully like it.

That doesn't sound like a bad thing.

• Love 1
How is Scully going to stick with him through everything, lose her sister, her fertility, her daughter, her son, her freedom, the comfort of her family (mother and brothers), etc. just to end up estranged from the man that she did it all for?

Simply. Because everyone has their breaking point. Some cannot take much and cave early, some are much more resilient and strong and can deal with it. Scully is the latter, but everyone has their breaking point. The stress and pressure and everything that Scully has gone through is an almost overwheming and at times, insurmountable weight on her shoulders, that many others could not bear under normal circumstances. Scully can - even under abnormal circumstaces -but even she has her breaking point. Scully is not superhuman. It is possible that - if the synopsis is true - that she finally reached her absolute breaking point.

And how would Mulder let that happen? He can be selfish, but he has shown that he can put Scully's needs ahead of his own (like when he lets her make the decision about turning over the files when she wants to go see Melissa in the hospital).

Again, simple. We saw in IWTB that Mulder was a bit of a broken man. He long ago reached his breaking point. He is trying to piece together himself and his sanity and his life, etc, etc. He lost a lot already, but at least he had Scully with him, but even she seemed to know he was broken. It would be very hard for him to now try to fix Scully too, when he is struggling with his own self.

I'm just throwing speculations out here on what could happen and how I see things, assuming the synopsis is true. I am most likely wrong. But M & S are human and are subject to human weakness, and with everything that both of them have gone through in 9 seasons of the show, and two movies...they are bound to reach their breaking point. They are going to crack and break at some point. They are not infallible. They are not superheros. At some point, "something's got to give."

She said their relationship is where it needs to be in the first episode, and fans will appreciate why and hopefully like it.

And that's very positive. Honestly. If they are married and together, awesome. CC is good at deflection. Either or, I am groovy with it. I just want my classic M&S back.

• Love 1

Simply. Because everyone has their breaking point. Some cannot take much and cave early, some are much more resilient and strong and can deal with it. Scully is the latter, but everyone has their breaking point. The stress and pressure and everything that Scully has gone through is an almost overwheming and at times, insurmountable weight on her shoulders, that many others could not bear under normal circumstances. Scully can - even under abnormal circumstaces -but even she has her breaking point. Scully is not superhuman. It is possible that - if the synopsis is true - that she finally reached her absolute breaking point.

Again, simple. We saw in IWTB that Mulder was a bit of a broken man. He long ago reached his breaking point. He is trying to piece together himself and his sanity and his life, etc, etc. He lost a lot already, but at least he had Scully with him, but even she seemed to know he was broken. It would be very hard for him to now try to fix Scully too, when he is struggling with his own self.

I'm just throwing speculations out here on what could happen and how I see things, assuming the synopsis is true. I am most likely wrong. But M & S are human and are subject to human weakness, and with everything that both of them have gone through in 9 seasons of the show, and two movies...they are bound to reach their breaking point. They are going to crack and break at some point. They are not infallible. They are not superheros. At some point, "something's got to give."

And that's very positive. Honestly. If they are married and together, awesome. CC is good at deflection. Either or, I am groovy with it. I just want my classic M&S back.

Good point. Tbh, I thought they reached it in IWTB to a point. If it's mild one, maybe I could take it... but I'm really not digging that plot line idea.

Yep. Exactly. Same. I don't think he's deflecting this time with what he said before. He sounded honest about it.

Just found this via Tumblr... an interesting look at the history of Noromo.

Source: fanlore.org

Some stuff I never even heard of before. It's a good read and look back.

• Love 1
(edited)

I get what you're saying, and I was speaking rhetorically. I know it's realistic for couples who have had a strong relationship to reach a breaking point. In the real world, a woman in Scully's position probably would have sided with Colton and taken her first opportunity to get out of the basement. To me, the enduring quality of XF has been the MSR and the fact that it was "unrealistic". It was always the 2 of them against the world and, while they had their problems, they never turned their back on each other. 

And, I know I've probably said this already, I just don't want to see an estrangement because it puts the relationship issues at the forefront when I think having the action/story on the forefront is the most important. M&S can be in a comfortable relationship and continue to do whatever they're up to these days. But if they start out estranged, then we have to learn why they ended up there, then see them learn to work together again, and then reconcile in some grand romantic moment. I'm not into that. Not when there are only 6 episodes.

Edited by M.F. Luder
  • Love 2

I get what you're saying, and I was speaking rhetorically. I know it's realistic for couples who have had a strong relationship to reach a breaking point. In the real world, a woman in Scully's position probably would have sided with Colton and taken her first opportunity to get out of the basement. To me, the enduring quality of XF has been the MSR and the fact that it was "unrealistic". It was always the 2 of them against the world and, while they had their problems, they never turned their back on each other. 

And, I know I've probably said this already, I just don't want to see an estrangement because it puts the relationship issues at the forefront when I think having the action/story on the forefront is the most important. M&S can be in a comfortable relationship and continue to do whatever they're up to these days. But if they start out estranged, then we have to learn why they ended up there, then see them learn to work together again, and then reconcile in some grand romantic moment. I'm not into that. Not when there are only 6 episodes.

Word. Exactly. Any realism aside, it isn't a 'real' relationship in that sense.

Exactly. Neither am I. There's only so much time to work with. And this might be the last time we see M & S. Heck I'd expect the leak over them being married lol. Given the history. I think Chris is truly trying to surprise us and throw a curve ball.

Dread Central: The relationship between Mulder and Scully has always been so complicated, even through the second movie. How hard was it balancing out their relationship and keeping true to what’s best for the characters versus what would make the fans happy most (seeing them happy together)?

Chris Carter: You know, we spent so much time and energy keeping them apart; I think that constantly fluctuating dynamic was something the fans really responded to. But then it felt dishonest after all those years that if they were going to still be together that they wouldn’t be together romantically. That’s why we ended up putting them together. And even though we’ve seen them together in bed on the big screen, we really haven’t seen that relationship explored or developed yet so I think there’s room to do that. I do think that we were rewarding expectation by putting Mulder and Scully together though; it would have been ridiculous to keep them apart.

Source: dreadcentral.com

The bolded is why I think he wouldn't do this. He even said that it would be rediculous to keep them apart. That to me says that he's aware of things now.

• Love 1

I bolded what I wanted to respond to, because I absolutely agree with you. I don't want to see a long drawn out drama and and soap opera and yadda relationship/whine yadda. I want the action like you do. That's why if they go there - simply for opening initial drama and required tension - I can see it being an "issue" yet resolved very quickly, then they can move to the nitty-gritty - i.e. the meat and potatoes (small potatoes?) of the show, aka alien conspiracy, government shadowy figures, etc, etc. Basically the relationship woes would happen off-screen, and a quick voice-over or conversation gets the viewers up to date on what happens, then it's resolved quickly and we move onto the good stuff.

And even though we’ve seen them together in bed on the big screen, we really haven’t seen that relationship explored or developed yet so I think there’s room to do that.

Six episodes doesn't give them much time to do this. Well, it does, if the show is intended to be a soap opera. But they need to devote time to reintroducing the characters (and there are many), setting the current world, the status of M & S, the FBI, Skinner, CSM, the government shadowy figures, the alien colonization attempts, William, hell - Earth in general. Then they have to introduce their overriding plot and storyline that will obviously run throughout the six episodes, with clues dropped here and there, that lead to revelation upon revelation, twist upon turn, then to the inevitable climax and ultimate resolution. There is not any extra time to waste on Real Housewives relationship drama or whatever. And I could not care less about that, just as I could not care less about William....

• Love 1

Six episodes doesn't give them much time to do this.

I agree. I don't really need an extensive exploration of their relationship...I mean, that pretty much occurred throughout the 9 years of the original show. For this revival, it would be enough for me to see the comfortableness of a long-term relationship. That kiss on the cheek that they filmed would be like 90% enough if they kept doing small things like that throughout the show. The other 10% would be at least one heartfelt passionate kiss and and exchange of some loving words. Give us the 'touchstone' moment, but this time definitively within the context of a romantic relationship. I would be totally happy with something like that. No relationship drama needed.

My favorite episodes were always the ones that feature a great storyline mixed with high emotions for M&S. Pusher, Redux/Redux II, WetWired, Paper Clip, etc. If the revival has episodes that matches the caliber and tone of those, I will be very, very happy.

• Love 3
(edited)

CHra_1HVEAAQUbI.jpg

This was posted at Haven from someone's twitter account who said that their friend's dad is working on set. 

That storyline about a woman who is the victim of multiple abductions is looking more likely. And they call it "Mulder House", which could either mean Mulder's house (ie not Scully's), or it could be their marital house, or it could just be shorthand for Mulder/Scully House (them remaining unmarried).

Ugh...I think I might be driving myself insane with worry and speculation.

Edited by M.F. Luder
  • Love 3

I love the line about "Respirator Fit Testing required" - I guess they're using a lot of smoke on set!

It's also neat to see the call times and how much longer GA gets for hair/makeup before she is on set.

This was posted at Haven from someone's twitter account who said that their friend's dad is working on set.
That storyline about a woman who is the victim of multiple abductions is looking more likely. And they call it "Mulder House", which could either mean Mulder's house (ie not Scully's), or it could be their marital house, or it could just be shorthand for Mulder/Scully House (them remaining unmarried).

Wow - that call sheet is awesome (I love those little filming details). And yeah, poor GA for having to wake up earlier for the hair and makeup but I guess that's normal. Am I reading that right that she has a place in Vancouver while DD lives in a hotel for now? Under remarks, it looks like they are both getting a ride to the set from where they are actually living. Hannibal films in Vancouver too, right?

Oh, and, um....I think that friend's dad is going to be in a lot of shit. Some productions have very very strict rules about any filming material getting into the hands of the public. CC was known to be very secretive. Not saying that the dad wasn't allowed to tweet this, but I don't know. It's already giving some stuff away that maybe CC is co are trying to keep under wraps for now - unless of course this is CC using deliberately using social media to his marketing advantage.

(edited)

lol...  I wouldn't be surprised if CC did this on purpose to further mislead everyone.

I refuse to believe that they are estranged :(  

EDIT: please for the love of God tell me the Jaden Smith casting rumor is not true. 

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 2

EDIT: please for the love of God tell me the Jaden Smith casting rumor is not true.

At first I thought it HAD to be untrue...and then I remember that they really did cast Xzibit. So...

Hannibal films in Vancouver too, right?

Oh, and, um....I think that friend's dad is going to be in a lot of shit. Some productions have very very strict rules about any filming material getting into the hands of the public. CC was known to be very secretive. Not saying that the dad wasn't allowed to tweet this, but I don't know. It's already giving some stuff away that maybe CC is co are trying to keep under wraps for now - unless of course this is CC using deliberately using social media to his marketing advantage.

Hannibal films in Toronto, I think.

Yeah, the source locked his twitter and apparently tweeted something like "oh fuck" after the X-Files News twitter account retweeted it. He seems to be a teenager who probably didn't think about the fact that it could blow up and then he'd be putting someone in a really bad situation. 

In a way, it irritates me more too. Though if M&S were together and we got lots of shippy moments, I could maybe deal with Jaden. But, casting him is such a publicity stunt and it would make XF lose credibility. It wouldn't attract more viewers because people hate Jaden and think he sucks as an actor. He's basically just a joke. I remember back in the '90s that Whoopi Goldberg was a big fan and wanted to be a guest star, and Chris said that he didn't want to cast well-known actors in order to maintain the credibility of the show. What happened to that?

With that being said, I don't really believe they'd cast Jaden. I don't even believe that Jaden would want to do it. 

• Love 2
Though if M&S were together and we got lots of shippy moments, I could maybe deal with Jaden. But, casting him is such a publicity stunt and it would make XF lose credibility.

Underlined the truth. It would totally lose credibility with me, to be honest. I get trying to appeal to the Millenials or something, but there are so many more talented kids out there they could cast. Honestly, I expect better from Chris Carter and company. I mean, look what Gilligan has done with Breaking Bad. These people are working with actors that are excellent, and on shows that are critically acclaimed. Stunt casting just doesn't fit at all. For the record, I didn't think the casting of Xzhibit was bad at all - thought he was decent.

Yeah, the source locked his twitter and apparently tweeted something like "oh fuck" after the X-Files News twitter account retweeted it. He seems to be a teenager who probably didn't think about the fact that it could blow up and then he'd be putting someone in a really bad situation.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Info like this is usually released as a mistake or if someone steals a script of something. CC is going to stay true to form and control what is released to the public at all times.

• Love 3

Underlined the truth. It would totally lose credibility with me, to be honest. I get trying to appeal to the Millenials or something, but there are so many more talented kids out there they could cast. Honestly, I expect better from Chris Carter and company. I mean, look what Gilligan has done with Breaking Bad. These people are working with actors that are excellent, and on shows that are critically acclaimed. Stunt casting just doesn't fit at all. For the record, I didn't think the casting of Xzhibit was bad at all - thought he was decent.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Info like this is usually released as a mistake or if someone steals a script of something. CC is going to stay true to form and control what is released to the public at all times.

That's what I was thinking. Especially the latter. This shouldn't be out there. At all.

• Love 1
(edited)

That doesn't sound like a bad thing.

To me, it sounds like, "You probably think you wouldn't like it [opening with them apart], but, really, it makes sense, and you'll wind up being happy with it." 

But if they start out estranged, then we have to learn why they ended up there, then see them learn to work together again, and then reconcile in some grand romantic moment. I'm not into that. Not when there are only 6 episodes.

Same here, exactly.  It makes all the sense in the world to me for them to be estranged to some extent or another, but this isn't a damned melodrama, so it's not what I want to see. 

Am I reading that right that she has a place in Vancouver while DD lives in a hotel for now?

She's always kept a place in Vancouver.  Not where she was living while they filmed the show up there, but a place she bought after that (since she was still there often because of Piper).  I don't know if this is the same place - the last one I heard her talk about was a place on Vancouver Island - but she's always had a place there.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1
She's always kept a place in Vancouver.  Not where she was living while they filmed the show up there, but a place she bought after that (since she was still there often because of Piper).  I don't know if this is the same place - the last one I heard her talk about was a place on Vancouver Island - but she's always had a place there.

Smart lady. If she bought during the early X-Files filming days, if she ever sells she's going to make a shit-load of cash. Vancouver real estate is ridiculously overpriced right now. I believe it's the most expensive in Canada, followed closely by Toronto. A standard detached home (bungalow) now averages $1.2 million if not more. I know she doesn't need the money, but if she sold now, well, she would make a good profit.

Vancouver is lovely though. Wish I could live there. Anyone sad that DD isn't renting a room at her place? *grin*

To me, it sounds like, "You probably think you wouldn't like it [opening with them apart], but, really, it makes sense, and you'll wind up being happy with it." 

Same here, exactly.  It makes all the sense in the world to me for them to be estranged to some extent or another, but this isn't a damned melodrama, so it's not what I want to see. 

Fair point. And one GOOD reason why I won't bother to continue to watch it! I'm tired of melodrama and games!

Exactly! I don't want to see that either.

How I feel right now...

I'm officially off the optimism train. The idea of Jaden Smith being on The X-Files almost irritates me more than the idea of Mulder and Scully being estranged.

Yea that made me want to puke a bit in my mouth. I HOPE that this isn't true.

• Love 1

This is feeling like back in season 7 when I was reading spoilers that it was going to end with Scully being pregnant. I spent the whole time hoping beyond hope that the spoilers were untrue and that the writers wouldn't be dumb enough to do that. I held out hope until the very last second before she said "I'm pregnant". I hated everything that happened after that, but I still watched every single episode. I cared about the characters too much. 

I wasn't really part of the whole fandom leading up to IWTB, so I didn't experience any of the misleading spoilers that I hear people talking about. My experience has led me to believe the spoilers I hear. But, I'm holding on to every bit of hope that some of these spoilers are wrong. 

This is feeling like back in season 7 when I was reading spoilers that it was going to end with Scully being pregnant. I spent the whole time hoping beyond hope that the spoilers were untrue and that the writers wouldn't be dumb enough to do that. I held out hope until the very last second before she said "I'm pregnant". I hated everything that happened after that, but I still watched every single episode. I cared about the characters too much. 

I wasn't really part of the whole fandom leading up to IWTB, so I didn't experience any of the misleading spoilers that I hear people talking about. My experience has led me to believe the spoilers I hear. But, I'm holding on to every bit of hope that some of these spoilers are wrong.

Yea I wasn't around reading spoilers back in the day. But I was rather nervous after every episode.

I was to a point. And was lucky to have fingernails left lol. There was a lot more misdirection around last time around. Heck I've been more of a part of things this time around tbh though. Last time I was with some friends on another board and doing some talking and chatting via Haven and such. It's been more fun and inclusive this go.

(edited)

I don't remember a lot of the IWTB spoilers from outside sources/misdirection from official sources.  There was the stupid werewolf photo, and I think "Unremarkable House" leaked pretty early, but I don't remember a lot between that and getting the detailed summary a few days before the film opened.  I'm sure if I went to the Wayback Machine and read through the TWoP thread I'd have all sorts of "Oh, yeah ..." moments.

I went into IWTB expecting it to suck in terms of the relationship, and it turned out to suck in every way other than the relationship.  I'm going into this expecting to hate/be uninterested in the mytharc storylines, hoping to enjoy the MOTW stories ... and how I think I'll feel about the relationship shifts with the winds.  (Not so much with the spoilers yet, because there haven't been enough from sources I'm confident in judging the credibility of one way or the other.) 

Edited by Bastet

I don't remember a lot of IWTB spoilers from outside sources or misdirection from official sources.  There was the stupid werewolf photo, and I think "Unremarkable House" leaked pretty early, but I don't remember a lot between that and getting the detailed summary a few days before the film opened.  But that was a long time ago; I'm sure if I went to the Wayback Machine and read through the TWoP thread I'd have all sorts of "Oh, yeah ..." moments.

Yea those are the ones I recall.

Do you have a link to the Waybacked version of Twop?

Just use the Wayback Machine and cross your fingers; a lot of TWoP pages are inaccessible.

Thanks. Yea I tried via the regular route and a lot of it is gone :(. Damn shame, NBC pretty much blew a lot of it up.

At first I thought it HAD to be untrue...and then I remember that they really did cast Xzibit. So...

But at least Xzibit was a decent enough actor. Jaden... he still has to get some more experience.

Separate from the "estranged" part of the spoiler, I don't like Scully going back to being a skeptic. I can see her being skeptical about something random, like the flukeman, but aliens is something she should be pretty clear about now. She has accepted the whole alien thing. It's unfair to her character to put her in that role again just to again be proved wrong while Mulder gets to be the believer who advocates for the victim. Scully's character has long been criticized for remaining skeptical after being proven wrong just about every single time. It sort of made sense when the writers had to keep the storyline going for an indeterminate amount of seasons. But now that they only have 6 episodes to worry about, they shouldn't resort to stereotypical character tropes.

• Love 1

Separate from the "estranged" part of the spoiler, I don't like Scully going back to being a skeptic. I can see her being skeptical about something random, like the flukeman, but aliens is something she should be pretty clear about now. She has accepted the whole alien thing. It's unfair to her character to put her in that role again just to again be proved wrong while Mulder gets to be the believer who advocates for the victim. Scully's character has long been criticized for remaining skeptical after being proven wrong just about every single time. It sort of made sense when the writers had to keep the storyline going for an indeterminate amount of seasons. But now that they only have 6 episodes to worry about, they shouldn't resort to stereotypical character tropes.

I don't either. It doesn't make sense after all this time. It's one thing to be a wee bit skeptical... but come on you've seen EVERYTHING Scully (ok that did NOT come out right XD). Exactly. Sounds like Chris might be having trope problems. He had them during the After. They were SO bad that they made my eyes bleed O_O.

Heads up you guys! XFN has posted some new spoilers. A leaked location map that looks really promising.

Also just heard via Tumblr that Patrick Munn has said that Annabeth Gish isn't involved either. So no Reyes either.

(edited)

Once I figured out what the heck XFN is (my brain finally remembered there was a site called X-Files News that had info in the lead-up to IWTB, so I went searching) ...

Yay for "Mulder/Scully House."

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Once I figured out what the heck XFN is (my brain finally remembered there was a site called X-Files News that had info in the lead-up to IWTB, so I went searching) ...

Yay for "Mulder/Scully House."

Exactly :). That cheered me up a bit.