Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

There's more pictures on tumblr. I can't link to them right now, but if you follow humancredentials.tumblr.com you'll see all of them. People are commenting on the fact that the door to the building Scully is coming out of says "Temporary Field Office" with the FBI seal on it.

There's more pictures on tumblr. I can't link to them right now, but if you follow humancredentials.tumblr.com you'll see all of them. People are commenting on the fact that the door to the building Scully is coming out of says "Temporary Field Office" with the FBI seal on it.

I heard about that over on Haven just a bit ago. And on Tumblr, some people were commenting about how they're not wearing badges. So I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with their son. That the FBI found him or something along those lines.

What do y'all think about the EW article?

I think DD was being at least a little sarcastic about Mulder being in a 'dark, dark place.' If Mulder is in a dark place, I think it might be because the alien invasion has yet to happen and he's having a crisis of faith.

What do y'all think about the EW article?

I think DD was being at least a little sarcastic about Mulder being in a 'dark, dark place.' If Mulder is in a dark place, I think it might be because the alien invasion has yet to happen and he's having a crisis of faith.

I'm ok with it for the most part.

But I've heard of other ones now that... have me :D and :X right now.

• Love 1

So word on the street (take it with a grain of salt) is that Mulder and Scully are currently "frustrated lovers." This makes no sense to me, considering what CC has previously said about their relationship "maturing and evolving," but I guess it's better than estrangement.

So word on the street (take it with a grain of salt) is that Mulder and Scully are currently "frustrated lovers." This makes no sense to me, considering what CC has previously said about their relationship "maturing and evolving," but I guess it's better than estrangement.

Yea that's what I'm hearing too. Frankly someone on Tumblr said that it could lead to some good make up sex ;). Lmao. Talk about having a good attitude about it! Same here. *shrugs* Maybe it's what will come as the episodes go on. Exactly. But maybe it has to deal with the media and the world environment. And it's not so much dealing with them as a couple.

Frustrated lovers would make sense if Mulder is in a dark, dark place.  Can you imagine living with that guy?  If they can write this in a way that makes sense, fine, but the basic concept of what’s going on with them has been conceptualized by CC and he wrote the first episode, so the WTF possibility is high.

Frustrated lovers would make sense if Mulder is in a dark, dark place.  Can you imagine living with that guy?  If they can write this in a way that makes sense, fine, but the basic concept of what’s going on with them has been conceptualized by CC and he wrote the first episode, so the WTF possibility is high.

Fair point. Yea exactly. And that's what scares me. I'm gonna have no nails left!

Oh yes, so much is going to depend on how it is written!  I can take some angst as long as it's done well, and I wouldn't be opposed to a make up love scene :-).  I'm not going to have any nails left either, this is all making me so anxious.  I love the picture of them on the EW cover...she's got him by the tie like she's about to yank his face down and kiss him, lol.  My goodness these two still look so good.

I find it frustrating that the article describes them as 'sometimes lovers' in the last movie.  Huh? They lived together and shared a bed, what is 'sometimes' about that?

Oh yes, so much is going to depend on how it is written!  I can take some angst as long as it's done well, and I wouldn't be opposed to a make up love scene :-).  I'm not going to have any nails left either, this is all making me so anxious.  I love the picture of them on the EW cover...she's got him by the tie like she's about to yank his face down and kiss him, lol.  My goodness these two still look so good.

I find it frustrating that the article describes them as 'sometimes lovers' in the last movie.  Huh? They lived together and shared a bed, what is 'sometimes' about that?

Exactly. Some is ok, but if it's for the sake of 'drama'. No thanks. 

Me too. I heard it's different in the full article. Don't get why they worded it that way originally. Exactly. They came home to each other and were lovers. There's no sometimes about it lol.

I don't think the writers/reporters/interviewers realize the extent to which dedicated fans analyze everything they say. I mean... that interviewer pronounced Mulder as "Mud-ler!"  

I was hoping that M&S would be an established couple, and they wouldn't dwell on their relationship... but it looks like CC intends to Ramp Up The Drama.  

I don't think the writers/reporters/interviewers realize the extent to which dedicated fans analyze everything they say. I mean... that interviewer pronounced Mulder as "Mud-ler!"  

I was hoping that M&S would be an established couple, and they wouldn't dwell on their relationship... but it looks like CC intends to Ramp Up The Drama.  

Yea. I'm a bit concerned there. But tbh, I think it might be more in regards to Mulder than their relationship. But if it's relationship wise, I better have a really good pillow handy so I can bean my head against it :D.

TVmouse, who works for EW and blogs about The X-Files says that the person who wrote the article is not the same as the one who wrote the online summary and the actual article doesn't refer to them as "sometimes lovers", but does call them "frustrated lovers". She's also read the entire article that isn't available yet and says that she's happy with all of it except for one sentence that is going to make everyone very unhappy. She's a huge shipper, so you can guess what that one sentence might be about.

• Love 1

TVmouse, who works for EW and blogs about The X-Files says that the person who wrote the article is not the same as the one who wrote the online summary and the actual article doesn't refer to them as "sometimes lovers", but does call them "frustrated lovers". She's also read the entire article that isn't available yet and says that she's happy with all of it except for one sentence that is going to make everyone very unhappy. She's a huge shipper, so you can guess what that one sentence might be about.

Yea I saw that. Maybe their frustrated about something out side of the relationship?

I hope so, but honestly I'm convinced now that it's not going to start with them together. Just judging by tvmouse's response to reading the whole EW article. She didn't say what made her upset because she can't due to her job, but once it's available to the general public she said that we're all going to freak out. She's speaking as a shipper and she's speaking to the tumblr followers who are all shippers. The status of their relationship is pretty much the only thing that the tumblr crowd cares about, so if she thinks they're going to be really upset, to me that means she's talking about their relationship. I guess we won't know until tomorrow though.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Is it really THAT bad?? Honestly, with the cheek kiss in ep 1 and Gillian "liking" the state of their relationship, I can't imagine it's anything too too world-ending. Am I kidding myself?"

From TvMouse---

"I’m mostly with you–the cheek kiss and Gillian’s  comment are both huge comforts. The one question that is definitively answered mainly just serves to raise a hundred more."

Now my curiosity is piqued. What is the worst possible sentence? Skinner is married to Scully? Mulder and Scully haven't spoken in seven years? Scully was working for the Syndicate all along? Mulder is an alien?

http://www.ew.com/gallery/x-files-season-10-first-look-photos/2226488_annet-mahendru-and-gillian-anderson

New pictures guys!

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1
(edited)

I hope so, but honestly I'm convinced now that it's not going to start with them together.

In a perfect world, I'd be okay with that.  For example, let's say in the years since the events of IWTB cleared Mulder to be a "normal" member of society again, he hasn't figured out what to do with himself after living so long largely isolated.  If he has continued to sit at home scouring the internet, sticking newsletter clippings to the wall, and growing facial hair, they’re going to need a break – he’ll need to find a way out of his “dark place” and she’ll need to not come home to some crazy hermit after work.

But this isn’t a perfect world, this is a world in which CC is in charge of these characters.  There are fanfic writers I’d like to see tackle that kind of storyline.  Him, I just want to leave the characters alone.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Thank you.

Setting aside larger concerns for a moment, I'm confused by Scully's hair.  In a couple of shots posted earlier, it looked red, but in those production photos EW published, it's blonde.

She's definitely wearing a wig. Gillian was photographed at Heathrow today and she has her normal blonde hair, so the Scully hair is a wig. I wish they had gotten one that was redder and I wish they would part the hair on the side instead of down the middle. 

In the photo of Chris and the production team, they have some stills from the series posted up on the board. From what I can tell, they seem to be of Scully from season 9. Maybe they'll be showing those in flashback.

Thank you.

Setting aside larger concerns for a moment, I'm confused by Scully's hair.  In a couple of shots posted earlier, it looked red, but in those production photos EW published, it's blonde.

Tbh I'm NOT concerned at all. All of this hair drama is just that. I'm more concerned about the writing than I am about the color.

Here's a hint about the upcoming episodes.

The Truth Is In There: ‘Entertainment Weekly’ Goes Inside ‘X-Files’ Reboot

By BRENT FURDYK

The truth is in there — and “there” is the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, providing rabid fans with their first peek at the upcoming reboot of The X-Files (currently filming in Vancouver and slated to premiere in January 2016).

In the feature, stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson discuss the rapport between FBI agents Mulder and Scully, and Anderson says that the pair have been able to pick up right where they left off, reuniting 13 years after the show went off the air.

“It feels like we never stopped doing this,” she says. “Like it was last week.”

In fact, Anderson says that rebooting The X-Files gives the show a second chance to make a memorable exit (the show slogged along for a few seasons after she and Duchovny left, leaving fans with a far-from-satisfying finale). “It’s always nice to go out with a bang,” she says in the feature, “and for whatever reason we didn’t go out with a bang.”

You can read more from the X-Files set — and search for clues about the promised “bang” — in the new issue of EW.

Source: etcanada.com

I know she's wearing a wig as Scully, but it looked red in a couple of photos, yet blonde in others, despite those photos being of the same scenes.  I was chalking that difference up to lighting, since those photos were taken by random people on the street watching filming.  But in these professional photos, it's blonde.  It can barely be called strawberry blonde.  One, why bother with a wig for so little difference in color and two, why make Scully a blonde of any sort?

• Love 1

I know she's wearing a wig as Scully, but it looked red in a couple of photos, yet blonde in others, despite those photos being of the same scenes.  I was chalking that difference up to lighting, since those photos were taken by random people on the street watching filming.  But in these professional photos, it's blonde.  It can barely be called strawberry blonde.  One, why bother with a wig for so little difference in color and two, why make Scully a blonde of any sort?

Fair point. Maybe some of the shots are set ups? False flags? Who knows?

Or maybe, just maybe they went undercover. Hence the blonde hair and the different look for Mulder. That's my best guess.

Regarding the houses: I just looked at the aerial view of Blieberger farm again, and there's a shed behind the main house that looks like it could be Sveta's residence.

Bastet, I think it's just the lighting. I have red hair (the same shade as Scully's IWTB hair) and it does look blonde in certain lighting conditions. As to why it's such a light shade of red? I have no idea. People with natural red hair often go blonde as they age, so maybe they were trying to simulate that. 

• Love 1

Regarding the houses: I just looked at the aerial view of Blieberger farm again, and there's a shed behind the main house that looks like it could be Sveta's residence.

Bastet, I think it's just the lighting. I have red hair (the same shade as Scully's IWTB hair) and it does look blonde in certain lighting conditions. As to why it's such a light shade of red? I have no idea. People with natural red hair often go blonde as they age, so maybe they were trying to simulate that. 

Good point. That's what I was kind of thinking too.

In the photo of Chris and the production team, they have some stills from the series posted up on the board. From what I can tell, they seem to be of Scully from season 9. Maybe they'll be showing those in flashback.

Good catch! Now I'm trying to figure out what episodes those stills are from...definitely looks like season 9 Scully.  Sigh, I'm never going to make it to January.  Now I'm on pins and needles about what the big sentence is in the EW article.  At least we only have to wait until tomorrow for that!

• Love 1

Re: Scully's hair, I don't understand why, since she's wearing a wig anyway, they couldn't make it more classically Scully-ish. And I don't mean to make a wig of seasons 4-5 Scully hair exactly, but at least a similar color and something a little bit more reminiscent of what is recognizably Scully. 

This is obviously a super superficial complaint, but...as I've said before, I'm here for the nostalgia and I won't deny that the old Scully look is a small part of that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel the same way. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't get a more Scully-like wig. Maybe they're trying to match the IWTB color, since that's the most recent hair she's had, but people didn't like it back then either. 

For me, Gillian looks so different depending on her hair. I can immediately tell what season it is from the way Scully looks, and I can immediately tell what time period a photo is from depending on Gillian's hair. Right now, she doesn't look like Scully, but she doesn't look like Gillian either. She's like a new character that doesn't feel familiar. 

I'm not too worried about it. I wish we could get a sneak peak of a scene in action. The photos are not good enough!

Edited by M.F. Luder
(edited)

"I can’t share the whole story but suffice it to say: There’s more bad news than just “frustrated lovers” in the Entertainment Weekly story (which is masterfully written by Jeff Jensen; don’t shoot the messenger).

OK look. It doesn’t definitively tell us the status of the relationship but does definitively tell us something else. Which I’m presently very angry about. Trying to get my calm back. Breathing deeply. Breathing very deeply."

I'm giving it two hours before someone spills the beans.

Even faster than that: http://perplexistan.tumblr.com/post/122450627256/still-classified-exact-status-updates-for-former

Edited by Hidebehind
(edited)

From that link:

We can tell you that they’re not living together, and that Mulder has become convinced that the alien conspiracy might not be precisely what he thought it was. His obsession has taken a toll.

As I said in an earlier post, this sort of scenario makes all the sense in the world to me, and could make for an interesting story.  But I don't trust CC to tell that story, and, really, even in better hands it just wouldn't be what I want out of this revival. 

The one thing I really liked about IWTB was that it left me feeling, for the first time in the history of the franchise, that their relationship was unequivocally a good thing for Scully.  I hate that this blows the M&S I've had in my head since then out of the water.

Edited by Bastet

"And not to belabor the hair, but it really is a sore subject for Anderson—because it’s really painful to wear. Yes, she is wearing a wig for the revival. Anderson says she began losing her hair due to the wear and tear of her recent characters. She wanted to dye her hair red for Scully—'I was really looking forward to it!‘—but her hairdresser advised against it. 'I was told that if I went red that would be fine, but getting back to blond I would go bald. So unfortunately, it is a wig,’ she says. 'And oh my God, it’s like wearing a vise on your head. Every day I have a whopping headache. I want the fans to know I’m suffering for the red!'"

This makes me feel worse.

Nah. Honestly I'm ok with the whole damn thing. Wig and all. Frankly she tried. I don't get people having a cow over something so superficial. As for the other info, I consider part of it to be misdirection, like in the old days.

Remember what Chris had said about the relationship... that it had 'matured and evolved'. They said something similiar in the interview, but what stuck out to me was the word, devolve. Something smells rotten in Denmark, me thinks. They're trying to hide something. Why put that other word in, if it weren't to draw us off the scent?

I don't care that she's wearing a wig, but it's disappointing that she has to go through headaches for that wig.

You could be right, but so far everything fits with the leaked synopsis almost perfectly. And to think I was convinced that they were going to be married... *facepalm*

I don't care that she's wearing a wig, but it's disappointing that she has to go through headaches for that wig.

You could be right, but so far everything fits with the leaked synopsis almost perfectly. And to think I was convinced that they were going to be married... *facepalm*

Yea. I don't envy her there.

Fair point. I still think that they might be. Hence all of the secrecy.

• Love 1

I like your optimism. I guess we don't know anything for sure until it airs, and at least I still have seven months to pretend that I didn't see this spoiler.

Haha, thanks. Been doing my best to be that way. Exactly.

I figure Mulder's been undercover and didn't want to hurt Scully or their relationship in any way. That's my take on it. Around the only one that would seem to make sense. If it's one that involves Scully being a COMPLETE skeptic again and leaving, I'll bash my head into a pillow :D.

Man, we need someone here (who is organized) to keep a bullet list of all of the things the various articles are telling us we will see, to compare it to what actually happens when the show airs.

Because you know....Chris Carter = Secrecy of Truth + Plot Misdirection + Media Manipulation.

• Love 1

Man, we need someone here (who is organized) to keep a bullet list of all of the things the various articles are telling us we will see, to compare it to what actually happens when the show airs.

Because you know....Chris Carter = Secrecy of Truth + Plot Misdirection + Media Manipulation.

Nah, we'd drive ourselves up a damn wall :P.

He's just a pita.

How did you like the EW cover? ;) They better damn well NOT be trollin'. M & S have more than earned some >:).

• Love 1
How did you like the EW cover?

I thought it was okay. I did expect them to play on the original Rolling Stone (was it RS??) cover from years ago, as an homage, but that may still be coming.

Both look good, but washed out. GA's hair needs to be redder. I like the tie grab, though. *fansself* And she's standing on a box!!

Some comment somewhere claimed there were two "Easter Eggs" on the cover. One, I can see a little alien head on the 3rd E of Entertainment and the second they implied DD watch has the time of 1013, but it doesn't. Have to find what it was. Do get a kick out of the fact that one story is about Scully's hair. Hee.

• Love 1

I thought it was okay. I did expect them to play on the original Rolling Stone (was it RS??) cover from years ago, as an homage, but that may still be coming.

Both look good, but washed out. GA's hair needs to be redder. I like the tie grab, though. *fansself* And she's standing on a box!!

Some comment somewhere claimed there were two "Easter Eggs" on the cover. One, I can see a little alien head on the 3rd E of Entertainment and the second they implied DD watch has the time of 1013, but it doesn't. Have to find what it was. Do get a kick out of the fact that one story is about Scully's hair. Hee.

Yea. I liked the 2013 one a bit more. But still... daaaamn. Me too. Hope that they're not playing with us. M & S need some ;)..

I saw that. Still have to pick up a copy tomorrow. Hell I'll be blushing when my mom sees the cover lmao. Shit. I'm a grown up woman... I don't need to do that! But heck... my mind went straight to the gutter when I first saw it.

Maybe they might (RS wise). But after this (if it's for real), who knows what we should expect?  >:)

Ah, found it. There are two "easter eggs" on the cover of the magazine but possibly one more.

• The 3rd E of the Magazine title Entertainment has a little alien head on it.

• The X of X-Files looks like the tape that Mulder used to summon Deep Throat.

• Three letters are underlined in the article titles that spell out U.F.O.

THE TRUTH IS IN HERE. (Hey, you stole my thread title EW!)

FIRST LOOK.

THE SMOKING MAN IS BACK - WHO ELSE?

• Love 3
(edited)

I saw that. Still have to pick up a copy tomorrow. Hell I'll be blushing when my mom sees the cover lmao. Shit. I'm a grown up woman... I don't need to do that! But heck... my mind went straight to the gutter when I first saw it.

Get ready to blush a lot more, 'cause I have the feeling that CC is gonna throw in a reconciliatory sex scene between them.

On a related note, "Those VHS tapes? They’re meant to suggest one of Mulder’s edgier character traits: his appreciation for porn. Carter states, ‘Mulder’s porn addiction is currently firmly in check. These are remnants of a former obsession."

---Jeff Jensen in Entertainment Weekly

Edited by Hidebehind

Get ready to blush a lot more, 'cause I have the feeling that CC is gonna throw in a reconciliatory sex scene between them.

On a related note, "Those VHS tapes? They’re meant to suggest one of Mulder’s edgier character traits: his appreciation for porn. Carter states, ‘Mulder’s porn addiction is currently firmly in check. These are remnants of a former obsession."

---Jeff Jensen in Entertainment Weekly

That's what I was thinking! Now onto watching it... by myself :D.

*the sound of hell freezing over*

Nah. I think that it's a reminder of that old in joke. And probably Scully visits him ;).