Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

(edited)

Anything anyone from the show releases, I will assume is a deliberate obfuscation.

Scully would be proud :)

I think you may be right. Or maybe they're props for the actual filming and the whole revival is just a sequel to Hollywood AD :)

Edited by M.F. Luder
  • Love 1

Makes me think it's a prop created for the tweet.

I figured "UFO test" was as plant, too.

Anything anyone from the show releases, I will assume is a deliberate obfuscation.

Maybe. But who knows?

Deceive Inveigle Obfuscate

- taken from the opening tagline from S04:E03: Teliko

Hee. And I agree.

• Love 1

Check out @yvrshoots on twitter. They're posting some stuff on the filming. They turned downtown Vancouver into DC. Maybe they'll be filming outside today and we can get some more pictures.

• Love 2

After seeing the set photos, here's what I'm thinking:

1) Mulder is no longer a hermit. He's dressed a lot more casually than Scully is, though.

2) Scully's still a doctor.

3) They are still together and are possibly married (I haven't seen a clear shot of their left hands yet).

Any other thoughts? 

• Love 1

After seeing the set photos, here's what I'm thinking:

1) Mulder is no longer a hermit. He's dressed a lot more casually than Scully is, though.

2) Scully's still a doctor.

3) They are still together and are possibly married (I haven't seen a clear shot of their left hands yet).

Any other thoughts? 

That's what I'm thinking too.

And we now have video!

Source: youtube

Ok, who is this person and what have they done to Chris :P?

I don't think Scully is still a doctor (or at least, I don't think that's what the pictures suggest). They're back in DC and they're meeting with Joel McHale's character who was announced as a guy that runs some internet news program and becomes Mulder's ally. Maybe Scully's back at the FBI and Joel comes to her with some intel and she gets Mulder involved.

I agree that they're still together. From the pictures I've seen, I don't see any rings, but I can't say definitively that they're not wearing them. But, even if they are married, I could see them as being the type that don't wear rings.

• Love 1

I don't think Scully is still a doctor (or at least, I don't think that's what the pictures suggest). They're back in DC and they're meeting with Joel McHale's character who was announced as a guy that runs some internet news program and becomes Mulder's ally. Maybe Scully's back at the FBI and Joel comes to her with some intel and she gets Mulder involved.

I agree that they're still together. From the pictures I've seen, I don't see any rings, but I can't say definitively that they're not wearing them. But, even if they are married, I could see them as being the type that don't wear rings.

Exactly.

I just saw one via Van City Vancouver and I could see Scully's left hand, no ring. But I'm not giving up hope! You bring up a good point.

(edited)

Yeah, I didn't see anything in that photo. I did see her cross though :)

You may be right. It's been so long since IWTB that just about any character development would be plausible, I guess.

EDIT: I think Mulder's kissing her on the cheek again!

Edited by Hidebehind
(edited)

I just saw this on tumblr:

"So this is the breakdown of the scene I saw being shot today, as I understand it. I probably witnessed the two versions of it (with and without the cars - and gilly box) maybe a dozen times.

Scully is alone and waiting at some DC downtown location (presumably for Mulder). A car pulls up and he gets out (the car drives off). They face each other and speak about something important (so much eye contact). He kisses her cheek, and then a limo pulls up with that Joel guy (sorry, I haven’t learned his character name). Mulder and Scully shake his hands, and it looks like everyone gets in the limo."

http://humancredentials.tumblr.com/post/121153666168/one-in5billion-contains-spoilers-the

Here's a video of the scene. I'm probably imagining this, but I swear I hear "Scully... when did you say you were meeting me?" or something like that at the beginning?

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 1

Just saw it. Too cute. Have to watch it again. The audio quality is pretty bad.

I think I heard... "Scully..." XD

That's all I could get. The traffic is very loud. Combine that with my speakers and I get notta.

Along with some guy talking in the foreground lol.

• Love 2

I'm having way too much fun with this. I have to make up for missing out on everything else!

So am I. My 15 year old self would be having a heart attack right now lmao.

AntiBeeSpray and Hidebehind, you're having too much fun with this!!

Dear god, when we get the first trailer....*grin*

Newsflash: Two people found dead of fangirling.

Vancouver Sun got some footage.

Source: their site

• Love 1

Just a note guys - I'm changing the thread title from Six Episode Event Series to The X-Files Revivial, as I believe it's the official name now and it shortens the title and makes it sound better.

Newsflash: Two people found dead of fangirling.

def5754ea480bf1bb3247d751ac69efc.gif

• Love 4

I'm gonna have to block myself from Twitter until August or I'll never get anything done :P

I heard a "rumor" that there's a Scully surgery scene today. No confirmation yet though.

Lmao XD. Probably me too.

I heard about that earlier. So I guess she probably might still be a surgeon/doctor?

Some more pictures released today on filming, from SpoilerTV. (Click on the black text to see the pics).

So they are referring to it was season 10 - interesting. I though it would be more of a mini-series thing.

And damn, Duchovny....you look good!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, maybe, though there's a lot of different reasons they might be filming at a hospital, I guess? I'm fine with her being a doctor so long as she doesn't google anything again. ;)

I'm still going with my "Mulder is an author" theory :)

Edited by Hidebehind
  • Love 2

Yeah, maybe, though there's a lot of different reasons they might be filming at a hospital, I guess? I'm fine with her being a doctor so long as she doesn't google anything again. ;)

I'm still going with my "Mulder is an author" theory :)

I'm going with that too. :)

Some more pictures released today on filming, from SpoilerTV. (Click on the black text to see the pics).

So they are referring to it was season 10 - interesting. I though it would be more of a mini-series thing.

And damn, Duchovny....you look good!!

Damn straight. Do you think better than IWTB? I thought he looked about the same >:). Bet Scully likes that her man keeps in shape.
  • Love 2
Damn straight. Do you think better than IWTB? I thought he looked about the same >:). Bet Scully likes that her man keeps in shape.

Yeah, in those pics, better than IWTB, only because he has stubble (which looks amazing on DD and I'm partial to for most men), but no great big bushy beard. Also, in IWTB, he was supposed to be I guess worn out from it all, and looked it. He looks good here, but that was 7 years ago. DD was born 1960, so he's 55 but looks awesome. (not to be superfical at all....nah...)

• Love 2

Bet Scully likes that her man keeps in shape.

I bet they're both enjoying each other's shape ;)

I'm fine with her being a doctor so long as she doesn't google anything again. ;)

Haha!! Yeah, we all know Scully would use Ask Jeeves. This is the same woman who once used a sharpie to circle something on a monitor.

I'm fine with her being a doctor, but I was hoping that they wouldn't make that part of her life a big part of the show. Her side story with the kid was one of the weakest parts of IWTB. 

• Love 3

Yeah, in those pics, better than IWTB, only because he has stubble (which looks amazing on DD and I'm partial to for most men), but no great big bushy beard. Also, in IWTB, he was supposed to be I guess worn out from it all, and looked it. He looks good here, but that was 7 years ago. DD was born 1960, so he's 55 but looks awesome. (not to be superfical at all....nah...)

Me too. On any guy tbh. Good point.

Damn. XD He's the same age now as CSM was at the start of the series. Boy do I feel old.

I bet they're both enjoying each other's shape ;)

Haha!! Yeah, we all know Scully would use Ask Jeeves. This is the same woman who once used a sharpie to circle something on a monitor.

I'm fine with her being a doctor, but I was hoping that they wouldn't make that part of her life a big part of the show. Her side story with the kid was one of the weakest parts of IWTB.

Yep ;). Let em' make Chris blush! No wrapping up like burritos.

Probably XD.

Just found this via Perplexistan... and USA today.

Of course, Anderson knows a thing or two about complex partnerships, having played the skeptical FBI agent Dana Scully to David Duchovny's more credulous Fox Mulder for nine seasons on The X-Files. The supernatural crime show, which ended in 2002 and inspired two film sequels, will be revived as a six-episode "event series" next year — an idea that initially didn't excite Anderson.

"I do enough television as it is, and it wasn't of interest to me," she says. "But the more that David and (creator Chris Carter) talked to me about how much fun it would be, (that) there hadn't been closure before, and it was unlikely there would ever be another feature, they won me over."

It's the latest example of remake fever sweeping across the small screen, as Full House, Coach and The Muppet Show lead the recent charge of TV shows making surprising comebacks. But to Anderson, the logic behind X-Files' return is no mystery.

"It was such a huge thing in people's lives way back when," she says. "It was the beginning of appointment television, and people dedicated every single Friday night or every single Sunday night to watching it, and they became very fond of the characters. I understand the excitement around it in this case."

It truly sounds like a final good bye. Guess it was false bravado by CC and David publicly maybe?

I completely agree - it was another reason I didn't like IWTB. I guess I have no heart....

Damn. XD He's the same age now as CSM was at the start of the series. Boy do I feel old.

Really? My god, am *I* ever old...same age....wow.

I completely agree - it was another reason I didn't like IWTB. I guess I have no heart....

Really? My god, am *I* ever old...same age....wow.

Yea time flies! XD

I double checked recently and about fell onto my couch.

I want them back at the FBI and would accept pretty much any ridiculous story they came up with to make that so -- If she's a doctor and he's a whatever, that makes it even easier to have them working separately for too much of the time.  Plus, I just want to kick it old school.  If they can come up with reasons dead people are in the show, they can come up with a reason Skinner's "kids" are back in the fold, even if temporarily.

I'm amazed at how different GA's hair looks in the set pics depending on the lighting -- red in some, blonde in others.

Is she shooting Hannibal and/or The Fall simultaneously?  If so, she's going to have to wear a wig for something; she can't be dying her hair from week to week.  (She said something in a recent interview about knowing what character she's playing by the wig she's wearing.)

I hate facial hair of any kind, so clean-shaven Mulder is my preference (hey, another reason to want them back with the Bureau).

• Love 1

Is she shooting Hannibal and/or The Fall simultaneously?  If so, she's going to have to wear a wig for something; she can't be dying her hair from week to week.  (She said something in a recent interview about knowing what character she's playing by the wig she's wearing.)

She's shooting The Fall in November. Not sure about Hannibal since it's not even known if there's going to be another season of that, or if she'll be in it. She said at the Dallas Comic Con that she was going to dye her hair red for X-Files and that it was going to kill her hair to go back to blonde for the Fall. So, either she's wearing a wig in the photos because it's at some other time frame than the present, or she decided that risking her hair for this show was not worth it in the end. I wouldn't really blame her. She's said that the Fall is her favorite thing she's done, so I'm sure she would put that as a priority over this revival.

I want them back at the FBI and would accept pretty much any ridiculous story they came up with to make that so

That's how I feel too. I've never been the type of viewer that gets too caught up on things being unrealistic as long as they were entertaining and didn't rely on characters being too stupid. So, any explanation that makes any kind of sense as long as you don't dig too far into the details would satisfy me. Mulder and Scully were always best as FBI partners working together. 

(edited)

either she's wearing a wig in the photos because it's at some other time frame than the present 

That would explain why she's performing surgery (assuming that rumor is true). If it is a flashback episode, then it's still possible that Mulder and Scully are reinstated to the FBI in later episodes :)

Edited by Hidebehind

That would explain why she's performing surgery (assuming that rumor is true). If it is a flashback episode, then it's still possible that Mulder and Scully are reinstated to the FBI in later episodes :)

Maybe. But maybe not. Who knows at this point?

Hoping for some lovin that isn't covered by a comforter lmao XD.

Maybe Mulder is working as a writer or a blogger?

He's the ghostwriter for 50 Shades of Grey. His first draft was actually about the variety of Reticulan skin colors, but that wasn't selling, so he went in a different direction.

• Love 4

He's the ghostwriter for 50 Shades of Grey. His first draft was actually about the variety of Reticulan skin colors, but that wasn't selling, so he went in a different direction.

Lmao XD. Yea his wouldn't do that well, except for the sci fi crowd ;).

Just saw this over on Haven... someone mentioned that it seemed a little suspicious.

What I said: Interesting hide XD (the way they're holding their hands seems a little bit suspicious to me). You can't see a thing on either of their hands (I zoomed in to check). You little :p you. It'll be one hell of a surprise if it turns out to be the case! The internet would explode.

• Love 2

http://www.reddit.com/r/XFiles/comments/39dhyk/set_piece_in_ashcroft_bc_canada/

A Canadian redditor says this is a set piece.

I'm getting more excited each day!

Shit. Something crashed :P.

And I just made M & S's kiss into my new background. Oddly enough, that one affected me more than the IWTB end one. Guess the big finish ones just seem too much *shrug*. Still love it though ;). Maybe the fact that this one is out in the open makes it more emotional?

Yeah, I like that they're still kissing when Tad O'Malley shows up... lol

Yea that's pretty awesome. A real first. lol Right out in public and they don't give a damn ;).

Saw this via Twitter, credit goes to A Vision of Fire.

And there's our answer! No ring!

Unless it's between takes (which I think it is). XD

http://www.reddit.com/r/XFiles/comments/39dhyk/set_piece_in_ashcroft_bc_canada/

A Canadian redditor says this is a set piece.

I'm getting more excited each day!

Is that an.....alien space ship?!? You know, it looks quite deserty - Roswell, NM perhaps! Independence Days Meets The X-Files?? Looks cool.

Chris honestly is surprising me this round. Once again lol.

A new article... looks like Reyes will be back!

Not just Chris, but Duchonvy. Remember, he was the one who demanded shooting move to LA from Vancouver, he left for a while (seasons 8/9), and apparently acted the diva on set. Now they are back in Vancouver, together, shooting a character that I am sure he got sick of playing. How times have changed.

For the record, I know he moved because of his family - he was flying back and forth from LA to Vancouver, but the family could have moved north (even Seattle, if they don't want to be in Canada). Hell, YVR to LAX is only a three hour flight, which is quite doable. Anyway....

Reyes is back....eh. I'm one that didn't quite like her so meh.

Is that an.....alien space ship?!? You know, it looks quite deserty - Roswell, NM perhaps! Independence Days Meets The X-Files?? Looks cool.

Not just Chris, but Duchonvy. Remember, he was the one who demanded shooting move to LA from Vancouver, he left for a while (seasons 8/9), and apparently acted the diva on set. Now they are back in Vancouver, together, shooting a character that I am sure he got sick of playing. How times have changed.

For the record, I know he moved because of his family - he was flying back and forth from LA to Vancouver, but the family could have moved north (even Seattle, if they don't want to be in Canada). Hell, YVR to LAX is only a three hour flight, which is quite doable. Anyway....

Reyes is back....eh. I'm one that didn't quite like her so meh.

Oh I remember. Got sick and tired of that crap back in the day ;). Exactly lol.

Me too. But at least we got one. Would have preferred Doggett though. Hoping that Chris doesn't include any of that damn whale song :P.

Found a kick ass pic via Perplexistan. Silly guys :P lmao. Who wants to bet on a gag reel? I'm hoping we get one :). Really liked the IWTB one.

Oodles of pics:

From Flicker

From Flicker as well

Source: Lawrence Andreutti

From philiater1

Source: her Lj, credit goes to her for them

Yeah, I never understood why Tea couldn't just move to Vancouver. Her show was clearly on its way to cancellation. Also, I found it really self-centered that David wanted to be closer to his wife while at the same time forcing Gillian to separate her daughter from her father...anyway, those were the bitter days. Glad things are great now!

I wonder if Reyes is actually officially back, or if the author of that article is just going by rumor/IMDb. There has been no official announcement that Annabeth Gish has signed any contract, and I think there would have been if that had happened. I hope she doesn't show up. But, if she has a really small part, I guess I won't mind so much. I don't really have anything against her, I just really don't like anything associated with seasons 8/9.

• Love 1

Yeah, I never understood why Tea couldn't just move to Vancouver. Her show was clearly on its way to cancellation. Also, I found it really self-centered that David wanted to be closer to his wife while at the same time forcing Gillian to separate her daughter from her father...anyway, those were the bitter days. Glad things are great now!

I wonder if Reyes is actually officially back, or if the author of that article is just going by rumor/IMDb. There has been no official announcement that Annabeth Gish has signed any contract, and I think there would have been if that had happened. I hope she doesn't show up. But, if she has a really small part, I guess I won't mind so much. I don't really have anything against her, I just really don't like anything associated with seasons 8/9.

Yea but tbh iirc it was still fairly early on in the marriage, so I can kind of see why. Definitely!

Good point. I don't mind it, except for said whale song and who's the daddy. And frankly by the looks of things, it seems as if Chris has finally grown up!

Yeah, but GA separated from the father fairly soon after the daughter was born, if I remember correctly. It wasn't a long marriage, and he worked on the set, so maybe he wasn't in the picture.

Okay, after looking it up quickly, they were married 1993-1997. He was Art Director on the X-Files for only a year (93-94). So most likely, he was off elsewhere working on another project (ironically, probably LA). Still doesn't excuse DD for his being selfish, only because many of the production crew in Vancouver would have lost their jobs. And the X-Files atmosphere/vibe was lost, to be honest.

With Reyes, I barely remember the final two seasons and probably won't watch them ( and I suspect many others are the same), so hopefully they introduce her properly and she has a purpose.

I'm worried that maybe they are bringing back too much of the old guard. It might get too crowded.

ETA: I totally covet that greenish khaki jacket that Mulder is wearing.

• Love 1

How much do you wanna bet that Mulder saw or heard about that crashed UFO and decided to divulge this information to Scully (hence her slightly exasperated expression when they meet up?) :D

I'm curious about how they're gonna handle the 2012 invasion storyline.

• Love 1