Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Pick Empire's Hottest Song

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

I loved Drip Drop, but my new favorite is the other Tianna/Hakeem duet, Keep it Moving, that they sung at the "Teen Choice-Type Awards".  It didn't grab me the first time I heard it on the show, but now I listen to it over and over again.  The whole thing is so damn catchy and it makes me dance in my car!

Edited by luckyroll3

'You're So Beautiful' hands down for me.

- It is catchy as hell

- the scene most associated with it in the show (the White Party and Jamal using it as his coming out anthem) is pure energy

-The lyrics celebrate female beauty regardless of size, age, hair texture or skin color. It really sends the message that the woman's confidence is what makes her beautiful to the man singing the song, not superficial stuff.

• Love 4

Hakeem's stuff is my favorite, which is so weird because it is the last kind of music I would usually listen to. But I was playing an Empire playlist of YouTube recently, and I found myself repeating all of his songs multiple times.

• Love 1

This is actually kind of hard; I enjoyed almost all the music (even "Drip Drop" is kind of hilarious, since it really does sound like a lot of "real life" bad rap songs, that still become hits because of catchy beats and whatnot.)  I think both "No Apologies" and "You're So Beautiful" left impressions: the former was a great team up for Jamal and Hakeem, and the latter made a huge impact on the story.  Added bonus was both ended with Lucious' angry face, which I'll never tire of.

That said, I think "Good Enough" will always be one of my favorites, because it kind of sold me on the show.  While I was enjoying the pilot already, I remember that song and the montage during it, was what made me go "I'm sticking with this show."

Don't know the title, but I really loved the song Lucious and Jamal did tonight.  The emotion and intensity Terrence Howard and Jussie Smollett brought it, just gave it a raw energy.

• Love 2

I'm sad because I can't figure out how to embed a video, but personally, I like "Keep Your Money". As someone else said about "Good Enought", it sold me on the show. I had watched the first couple episodes and then I stopped watching for a while.  Randomly, I watched again when they featured "Keep Your Money" and I loved it. I would say that "You're So Beautiful" is in second place for me. 

ETA: Oh, apparently just adding the link worked this time! How nice.

Edited by evethegreat

I'm sad to admit that I play Drip Drop, Conqueror, the song with TH and MJB, Good Enough, the 2nd version of You're so Beautiful, and Nookie Thang on the regular. Now I have to add the songs from the finale. I have never liked TH. Empire has made me like him and his music.

Shake Down sung by Mary J with Terrence Howard is from her 2007 Growing Pains album. Usher did the original vocals with her.

I have not been into the music from Empire, but I like "You're so Beautiful" and all the songs from the season finale.

ETA:  "not."

Edited by SimoneS

Shake Down sung by Mary J with Terrence Howard is from her 2007 Growing Pains album. Usher did the original vocals with her.

I have been into the music from Empire, but I like "You're so Beautiful" and all the songs from the season finale.

Thank you! I like the updated Empire version better than the old version.

I have "Nothing To Lose" (the version with TH and Jussie) and "You're So Beautiful" as my top two songs of the season.

I love them both equally. Heck, I even like that Rita Ora song from the finale. Timbaland did the soundtrack proud.

I bought the Jamal version of You're so Beautiful and Conqueror so those are my votes. Do like the song TH and JS did last night but I dont think that one is available, is it?

It is. I bought it immediately. It's under the episode album, not on the full season one. :)

For some reason, "Keep Your Money" is the song I can't get out of my head. But I have to agree with the choice of "You're So Beautiful" because Jamal's performance of it during the White Party in "The Lyon's Roar" is one of my favorite moments of the whole season.