Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Achub Y Morfilod

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Ray finally got his robot hand! I loved the surgery scenes so much. Ray definitely got stuck with Conway Stern's hand.

And once again Slater gives ISIS an assignment screwing over an ally. I wonder why?

"Cows are our friends. They're, like, our best friends."

Well, at least Archer wants to reconcile with Lana. He just goes about it in the most Archer way possible. Also, I don't see why Lana would need her usually present guns, what with the hands and the martial arts moves. And I don't blame her for making out with the Welsh "freedom fighter" to fool the MI:5 guy. BTW, who is Matthew Rhys? I'm unfamiliar with him.

B-plot was all right. I thought Ray would get an artificial arm. Having a transplant from another race? Sure, why not?

ETA: Hey, Cyril wasn't sad this week. That's gotta be an improvement.

• Love 2

I only know Matthew Rhys from The Americans, so I've never heard his real speaking voice, so I spent the beginning of the episode all "I feel like I know that voice, but at the same time, I don't."  But, when Lloyd busted out the American accent, I was totally like "Holy crap!  It's Philip!  Either way, he was pretty great in this.  Man can do both comedy and drama.  Not bad.

When it comes to Wales, I usually either automatically think of Torchwood (where that show was set) or Christian Bale, who I know is Welsh.  But, I did like all the Wales stuff, and how they really don't like merry old England.

Ah, Archer.  Only you would drug a woman, put her in an airport, and take her on a "romantic giveaway", that's actually a mission, in order to try and win her over.  But, I like that Archer/Lana seem to be back on decent terms now.  I do wonder if that remark about Slater giving these types of missions, is going to end up playing a factor.

The stuff with the rest of the characters, was just throwaway and getting Ray a new hand.  I also wonder if his hand is Conway Stern's.  That would be hilarious.

• Love 2

TOAST!

So, the hand that Conway Stern lost was his robot one?  Or have they just kept the other hand he lost on ice since episode three?  Or was it two?

Also, why is Slater setting up Lana and Archer for these missions that seem doomed for failure?  And what does the CIA hope to gain in helping Welsh terrorists?  It's going to turn out that Slater is a rogue agent, isn't it?

• Love 2

Everything about the Free Wales Army was hilarious, including Archer's mistaken belief that eminent domain is something that just could not happen in the US. And the idea of the CIA funding them is all too plausible.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat

I really think Slater and/or the CIA is trying to get the gang listed as terrorists so the CIA can stop paying them.

Loved Archer being Acher and actually having the high ground…except the drugging.

• Love 3

No, I think Slater is using ISIS as his own personal goon squad. If they fuck up, then the CIA has deniability because of the drug business from last year.

I'm wondering if they knocked out the MI5 guy too soon. He recognized Archer as legit CIA, so I think Archer might have been able to talk his way out of it: they're assets, we planted them in the terrorists and we need to debrief them, etc. 

Obviously drugging Lana wasn't a great idea. The whole thing with Katya wasn't his fault. He correctly surmised that the others set him up, and Lana is smart enough to know that's likely. 

One thing they didn't follow up on and I hope they do was Lana admitting she was jealous. Archer was an idiot for not just letting Lana play out the whole scheme. 

*Whispers* closet rampage! 

I hope Archer and Lana continue to try and make a relationship work.  They're ridiculously funny when driving each another insane.  Plus, Malory may blow a gasket when she eventually finds out.

Was that a real whiskey archer was talking about?

Glengoolie is a fake brand of booze.

• Love 3

I know it's been said before but the animation this season has been high quality. Lana's table makeout with "Randy" was startlingly good.

However I was disappointed that we didn't get a redux of the erection sound from "Pocket Listing" after Lana stripped off her robe.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 1

I am starting to think that Slater (or maybe Slater is taking orders from Holly) is given Mallory's crew the cases where they can pin them with treason or maybe he is really just assigning cases where the CIA would have deniability. Although, that MI-5 guy basically knew that Archer and Lana were with the CIA, so it is kind of official that they are at least working with the CIA. 

Either way, we would probably will find out why Slater is given them the crap cases within the last two episodes of this season and we may or may not be dealing with the aftermath next season.