Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

If that is the case (and I agree it probably is) that gets back to the point if they always planned on going there they made some really bad writing decisions last season knowing that.  The point is they are just as much of a trainwreck as every other couple of Glee with the distinction that they reach that place within 9 episodes versus even a season or two.  

For example they didn't have to use Sam/Mercedes to stall Sam/Rachel.  They chose to and in the process make Rachel look like a callous friend.  They didn't have to double down on the Sam=Finn 2.0 but they chose to leaving the heard of elephants in the room of is Rachel with Sam for Sam or because it she is looking for a Finn replacement.  They didn't have to to have Sam state unequivocally NY isn't for him even after he found success to.  They chose to leaving the question of HTH can they be together if Rachel makes another run at Broadway as she should.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Still was no reason to use Samcedes to stall it. If they do not want them endgame  they could have found other thing for Mercedes and  Sam to do in NY.

The stall could have simply been Rachel was to busy  to think about a relationship at this time.    It could even still been a  conversation with Mercedes about her dating again.  Staid she wasn't ready yet and she wouldn't even knew when she would have time.

If that is the case (and I agree it probably is) that gets back to the point if they always planned on going there they made some really bad writing decisions last season knowing that.  The point is they are just as much of a trainwreck as every other couple of Glee with the distinction that they reach that place within 9 episodes versus even a season or two.  

For example they didn't have to use Sam/Mercedes to stall Sam/Rachel.  They chose to and in the process make Rachel look like a callous friend.  They didn't have to double down on the Sam=Finn 2.0 but they chose to leaving the heard of elephants in the room of is Rachel with Sam for Sam or because it she is looking for a Finn replacement.  They didn't have to to have Sam state unequivocally NY isn't for him even after he found success to.  They chose to leaving the question of HTH can they be together if Rachel makes another run at Broadway as she should.

I think honestly they chose to do another run of Samcedes mainly to stall Samchel which has always been their gameplan. They needed to have Rachel grieve Finn for one season before giving her the story they wanted from the beginning.  However, it was also I think to take advantage of Amber winning DWTS. Notice that during the entire NYC arc Samcedes did not have even 1 duet, even though it would make perfect sense for them to. Meanwhile Samchel already have 2 duets with a heavily rumored one on the way. 

I think to me that Sam is perfect for Rachel, mainly because it's someone I think Finn would approve of. He knows Sam and he knows that he would treat Rachel the way she should be. He would prefer Sam to the likes of Brody and Jesse or any of her other exes that's for sure.

As far as the issue with distance, personally I see this being resolved very simply. They part ways saying "I love you" mutually and then they say some cliche line like "this isn't over, it's just beginning" or "I don't know where this will go but I'm not ready for it to end". Then in a very simple FF to Rachel winning her Tony we find out or see that Sam and her are still together, probably by that point engaged or something. Pretty sure that Sam would be there and the rest of most of the originals when Rachel wins her Tony. Or they could do a switcharoo with no FF and have Sam surprise Rachel in her dressing room or loft and kiss her and say "I'm home" or something like that. Give the ending they intended for Finchel but switch up the two people.

It's very easily resolved, it's not as big a conflict especially since it's the final season. A very simple FF is all that is needed really.

Edited by Hookian

Also, they didn't have to make Sam tell Mercedes at the end of their break-up that no matter what girl he end-up with, she will always be the one he wants.

To me them doing Samcedes last season wasn't the worst the thing if they had intended to have Samchel be end-game. The problem comes with how they ended Samcedes last season. Samcedes didn't end because either Mercedes or Sam thought they were wrong for each other. They actually told each other that they feel like they are soul-mate in that break-up speech. They didn't end because Sam and Mercedes didn't love each other. They ended because of distance. Because Mercedes didn't think it was fair to Sam for them to continue their relationship when she wasn't ready to have sex with him and wasn't going to physically be with him. They actually ended believing they were soul-mates who will be together in future somehow, somewhere.

So yes, the writers might take all this back this season in order to give Rachel the ending her fans think she deserve, which is success in her career and personal life, even if it means that Mercedes end-up losing her one love interest on the show. But doesn't mean Samchel is not spare-the parts and illogically stupid pairing to me. They are not some grand love story that Mercedes got in the way of.

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 5

Still was no reason to use Samcedes to stall it. If they do not want them endgame  they could have found other thing for Mercedes and  Sam to do in NY.

The stall could have simply been Rachel was to busy  to think about a relationship at this time.    It could even still been a  conversation with Mercedes about her dating again.  Staid she wasn't ready yet and she wouldn't even knew when she would have time.

Yes but this is Glee and you know what Glee does best. Plus Samchel and these anvils, I mean the "Take on Me" video, was so dang obvious what they were doing. Paralleling the couple looking into each other in the mirror with their joined hands, heck Rachel even kissed the mirror with Sam on the other side. The epitome of the term subtle as a sledgehammer.

So yes, the writers might take all this back this season in order to give Rachel the ending her fans think she deserve, which is success in her career and personal life, even if it means that Mercedes end-up losing her one love interest on the show. But doesn't mean Samchel is not spare-the parts and illogically stupid pairing to me. They are not some grand love story that Mercedes got in the way of.

Well unfortunately the way the show is stating it in episode 4 Mercedes is being painted as the obstacle between Sam and Rachel, not the other way around.

Rachel is the one that gets shot down after opening herself again to the possibility of love, typical cliche being played right there. She's the underdog.

I think to me that Sam is perfect for Rachel, mainly because it's someone I think Finn would approve of. He knows Sam and he knows that he would treat Rachel the way she should be. He would prefer Sam to the likes of Brody and Jesse or any of her other exes that's for sure.

See to me Rachel should live her life for her not live her life to be with someone Finn "would approve of."  Also if she is with Sam because she he is Finn 2.0 that doesn't say a lot about her feelings for Sam as it is too intermingled with her feelings for Finn.  

As for a fast forward solving the Sam doesn't want to be in NY issue I don't see how it does.  He was quite clear he doesn't want to live there ever even after he found success there.  So are we to assume in FF time that issue magically went away if it goes that way?  That is simply lazy writing to gloss over an issue that the writers themselves should have never created it they were truly considering Sam/Rachel endgame last season.  All they had to do is have Sam say I accomplished what I set out to do (get my junk on a bus) and think I will try Lima again but am not ruling out coming back here some day.  

The point is if you are right that Rachel/Sam was always planned (and I think most are agreeing you are) then the writers made some stupid as hell decisions last season that makes them that much harder to buy as an endgame couple.  All of the Finn would approve and claims they are some grand love story because Mercedes is there as an obstacle doesn't change that the writers simply made dumb decisions again.

As for giving Sam/Rachel an "I'm home" ending but with Sam joining Rachel in NY I honestly can't imagine how RM could show more disdain for Finn and Finn/Rachel fans than to give Sam/Rachel the ending so many of wanted for him and them. I wouldn't put it past him, of course, but I would say if he goes there it will be a completely jackass move, probably in response to the near universal rejection of what he said was going to be the ending before Cory passed.  I think he expected everyone to eat that crud up with a spoon, Finn/Rachel fans most of all, and most were like that is a crappy as hell ending that we never wanted.

• Love 2

As for a fast forward solving the Sam doesn't want to be in NY issue I don't see how it does.  He was quite clear he doesn't want to live there ever even after he found success there.  So are we to assume in FF time that issue magically went away if it goes that way?  That is simply lazy writing to gloss over an issue that the writers themselves should have never created it they truly are considering Sam/Rachel endgame.

Or in the FF we find out they don't live in the city but in the suburbs and Rachel goes to the city for work. I mean... not everybody lives in the city that lives in New York.

Or we don't have to find any of that out, because the writers don't have to tell us anything except that they did stay together or something like that. Everything else they can leave to our imagination, that's the beauty of a FF. 

Edited by Hookian
Or in the FF we find out they don't live in the city but in the suburbs and Rachel goes to the city for work. I mean... not everybody lives in the city that lives in New York.

Sam was pretty clear he didn't want to be anywhere near NY so again if they end up together in NY that just means they created one more reason why they seem like a pair the spares rather than some end game love story.  The writers didn't have to create that issue but they did so it is on them to resolve it versus pretending like it never happened.  

I'd add Klaine also to that...

Hell I would add Finn and Rachel to that but then again I never claimed that the ending RM wanted to give them was a story that made sense.  It was a crap ending that I loathe to this day.  

Edited by camussie

It is  bad enough they threw Rachel's arc under the bus and forced her into Finn's story line that now Rachel has to beholden to what Finn would think it right for her life?

Finn also sent her to be in NY to be a star and experience life.    She can't do that stuck in his storyline.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1
Isn't it bad enough they threw Rachel's arc under the bus to be force her into Finn's story line that now Rachel has to be holden to what Finn would think it right for her life?

Taking my response to this to the People in charge thread

Sam was pretty clear he didn't want to be anywhere near NY so again if they end up together in NY that just means they created one more reason why they seem like a pair the spares rather than some end game love story.  The writers didn't have to create that issue but they did so it is on them to resolve it versus pretending like it never happened.  

Well this wouldn't be the first time the writers pretended stuff was ever said, you know? Wouldn't surprise me, but like I said a FF wouldn't need to reveal anything except the obvious, that they're still together and their status. That's honestly it oh and Rachel winning a Tony of course. Everything else could be left to the imagination. 

Personally I think that Sam and Rachel will part but not without saying "I love you" and a promise that this isn't over or something and then in the FF it's revealed they kept their promise. They don't have to show anything and it could be Rachel winning her Tony with everybody there and Sam smiling at her and her saying in a speech something about him and their status and talks about Finn and Glee Club. That's my prediction because I'm not expecting anything like intense or in-depth in the FF. Just something very sweet, endearing and hopeful. 

We shall see though. It's not like these writers have never taken back the things they've written on the show on more than just a couple of occasions.

The mod team had to hide some posts here today. I want to make something clear. It is not okay to accuse someone of being happy about Cory Monteith's death because it paved the way for certain storylines on this show. If you see any more posts like that, do not engage. Report them and they will be dealt with.

• Love 1

I'm laughing at speculation in Tumblr and other forums that these new Noobs are soo much better than the S4 ones and why couldn't we have gotten these characters then, as if somehow Glee could have been salvaged despite the showrunners and and writers in charge.

It's like saying that a new paint job would have helped a car run better when the motor is missing..;.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

I'm laughing at speculation in Tumblr and other forums that these new Noobs are soo much better than the S4 ones and why couldn't we have gotten these characters then, as if somehow Glee could have been salvaged despite the showrunners and and writers in charge.

It's like saying that a new paint job would have helped a car run better when the motor is missing..;.

I think they're all more interesting singers than Jake/Ryder/marley (although I do like jakes voice). When combined with Sam, I thought the male voices all blended together. I have no expectation of liking the newest people's characters, but I'm enjoying their voices more.

I think they're all more interesting singers than Jake/Ryder/marley (although I do like jakes voice). When combined with Sam, I thought the male voices all blended together. I have no expectation of liking the newest people's characters, but I'm enjoying their voices more.

*shrugs *i thought Jake and Kitty were more interesting than some of the originals.

Personally I think that Sam and Rachel will part but not without saying "I love you" and a promise that this isn't over or something and then in the FF it's revealed they kept their promise. They don't have to show anything and it could be Rachel winning her Tony with everybody there and Sam smiling at her and her saying in a speech something about him and their status and talks about Finn and Glee Club. That's my prediction because I'm not expecting anything like intense or in-depth in the FF. Just something very sweet, endearing and hopeful.

We shall see though. It's not like these writers have never taken back the things they've written on the show on more than just a couple of occasions.

I could actually see it all playing out just like that.   And as far as Glee writing goes, there's definitely been worse.   And I wouldnt' at all be surprised if Sam ends up with Rachel in NY.   People in reality have been known to change their minds.  It happens.

The sad thing about Rachel ending up with Sam is that he's just so tepid--not very smart (charitably), not very ambitious, not very passionate, not very motivated, not very anything.  I mean, I suppose there's some comfort in that he's not very mean, not very calculating, not very unkind.  But to saddle a larger-than-life character like Rachel with such an absolutely-nothing-much-at-all character like Sam is such a sad and unsatisfying conclusion for the Rachel we first met.

• Love 3

I could actually see it all playing out just like that.   And as far as Glee writing goes, there's definitely been worse.   And I wouldnt' at all be surprised if Sam ends up with Rachel in NY.   People in reality have been known to change their minds.  It happens.

I don't think we'll see how Sam ended up with Rachel in NY. Honestly it could be as simple that during the FF time, he got a coaching job at a New York City school. I just think that they will part in the series finale but not without saying "I love you" and that whatever this is between them isn't over or something along those lines. Something that assures that they're still together, no matter the distance and then queue FF where we find out they kept that vow to each other and then some.

This is proof that this has been the writers intention the entire time during S5 but they couldn't do what they wanted because it was too soon. Just look at the known Samchel we're getting plus the heavily suggested stuff.  Samcedes was literally a placemat in wait for the story they wanted to tell in S6 and Mercedes is just being used to progress the story between Sam and Rachel, once again cementing her as the obstacle. 

6x01-6x03= Sam and Rachel share interactions, scenes, sit next to one another, and share moments in songs.(Already confirmed in episode 2 songs)

6x04= The ball w/ Samchel and Klaine really starts rolling. Paralleling storylne with them. Sue trying to set both couples up to pretty much sabotage ND's. Sue using cartoon villain schemes to start the two storylines, hypnosis and a Saw like parody of Klaine trapped in an elevator.

6x05= This one is unknown but it's clear since it's P2 parallels will continue between Klaine and Samchel. 

6x06= "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"- 2nd Samchel duet (Samcedes have yet to get a single duet since HN, another indication the writers do not care for this couple). This duet if we go by the lyrics is the people bonding over their failed loves but by the end of the song, it shows a hopeful side and reveals the two characters are actually starting to fall in love w/ one another. Promises, Promises(which is the original) has this underlying message of hope within the song. It shows the opposite of the lyrics and it's supposed to show that within the performance.

6x07= Unknown. There was a rumor from 2 spoiler sources that Rachel holds a party and that's when Klaine find out their best friends are dating. Could be on hold till 6x10 though. This one is unconfirmed though.

6x08= Samchel go to the wedding together(heavily suggested by 2 reliable sources and several background actors on set)

6x09= Mercedes/Rachel plot. Likely has to deal w/ the issue with Sam in the present(Chord is not in the episode). We go back in time to all the times these two clashed and in 2009, they clashed about everything. Pretty sure by the end of the episode Mercedes and Rachel will settle their differences after looking at their pasts and Mercedes will give Rachel her blessing to be w/ Sam.

6x10= The heavily suggested duet "Accidentally in Love" by Samchel. Not confirmed yet, but it's heavily suggested. Have to keep an eye out on these next couple of days but that would be the 3rd Samchel duet. It also if true reveals that they may be able to say "I love you" alone about the other but they still can't say it to each others faces. Probably gonna be something that will be resolved between then and the series finale.

Anyway we'll have to keep a close eye on spoilers for the next 4 episodes and if Amber is coming back at all. So far she's still on her vacation. I'm sure she will be back to make one or two more appearances. Chord and Lea are back in town, along with I believe Kevin.

Edited by Hookian
Samcedes was literally a placemat in wait for the story they wanted to tell in S6 and Mercedes is just being used to progress the story between Sam and Rachel, once again cementing her as the obstacle.

Once again if this was indeed the case it was a piss poor writing decision.  They went as far as calling Sam & Mercedes soulmates so if they make them a placeholder relationship that was included so poor poor Rachel could have yet another false obstacle to overcome it is just stupid writing. 

And I wouldnt' at all be surprised if Sam ends up with Rachel in NY.   People in reality have been known to change their minds.  It happens.

Also once again if this is indeed the case then giving Sam success in NYC then having him say flat out it wasn't for him was a piss poor writing decision.

That is the point people are making.  That is not to say the bad writers of Glee won't go there.  They may very well do so but it is to say that Sam/Rachel are just as poorly a written romance as every other romance on this show but they manage to do that in about 8 episodes versus over several seasons.

I think they sound like more interesting characters.  That said a split narrative was never going to work, even if these folks had been the newbies, instead of Marley and Co,  which is why high school shows that want to sustain and audience over several years don't try it.   

Edited by camussie

Once again if this was indeed the case it was a piss poor writing decision.  They went as far as calling Sam & Mercedes soulmates so if they make them a placeholder relationship that was included so poor poor Rachel could have yet another false obstacle to overcome it was a piss poor writing decision

Also once again if this is indeed the case then giving Sam success in NYC then having him say flat out it wasn't for him was a piss poor writing decision.

That is the point people are making.  That is not to say the bad writers of Glee won't go there.  They may very well do so but it is to say that Sam/Rachel are just as poorly a written romance as every other romance on this show but they manage to do that in about 8 episodes versus over several seasons.

In the first season they rushed Wemma completely to their finish line because they thought that they would not get a whole season. Same concept here, except this is the end.

Let's be honest here Sam uses words like "soulmate" and "true love" for every single relationship he's in so there's really nothing special when he blurts those statements out, at least IMO. That's why I like where Sam/Rachel is going because he's not saying any of these things so quickly and he shouldn't. It should be slow and steady not undying true love declarations two episodes later. 

The deal here is again they had no other choice but to go this route. Sure they could have just decided we're not doing Samchel anymore but that's clearly not the case.

They didn't want this to be labelled a rebound romance, so they put it on the backburner and bided there time till this season. If they would have done this when they wanted to do that's all that would have been said is this is a rebound relationship, by everybody including me. They wanted at least a full season of Rachel single after losing Finn before moving forward with the story they've wanted to tell. By all indications that is exactly the case here. This is that story and they completely were not subtle about it in 5x06 and they left little hints and nods throughout the NYC arc as well that this is where they were going. Not even media outlets are surprised by this in fact two said watching the episodes that it would be the "natural choice" for Glee to do. 

Something that still boggles my mind, if they wanted Samcedes to be endgame. Why didn't they give them any duets? They were part of the main cast by then in the main location, they could have easily given them a duet or two, or heck even three. They didn't though and that to me says they really never considered Samcedes seriously. It was just a placemat for Samchel. Then again that's the way they've treated Samcedes since it started. Either it's written off screen or it's been ignored.

Edited by Hookian
The deal here is again they had no other choice but to go this route. Sure they could have just decided we're not doing Samchel anymore but that's clearly not the case.

They absolutely had a choice to not write another round of the Sam/Mercedes romance last season, call them soulmates, and then have them break up, not because they didn't love each other, but rather because they couldn't make it work at that time and by the way have Rachel advise Mercedes to break up with Sam.  

You seem to think Rachel being single for a season and Sam/Mercedes not dating again are mutually exclusively.  They are not.  Rachel could have been single last  season and Sam/Mercedes could have never dated again or if the dated again it could have been a short fling versus talk of soulmates, I will always love you, etc.  Really this isn't even about Sam/Mercedes being endgame to me because I care that little about Sam and would rather have neither girl saddled with him.  It is about dumb as hell writing decisions that make whatever story they are telling with Sam/Rachel this season some bad writing.

This is that story and they completely were not subtle about it in 5x06 and they left little hints and nods throughout the NYC arc as well that this is where they were going. Not even media outlets are surprised by this in fact two said watching the episode that it would be the "natural choice" for Glee to do.

You seem to be really fixated on this give that I really don't see people disagreeing with you that it isn't all that surprising they are going there with Sam/Rachel but let me make it clear.  I am not surprised at all they are going there. I am just saying that stupid writing decisions made last year (all of the Sam/Mercedes focus even without a duet, doubling down on Sam=Finn 2.0, Sam saying NY is not for him)  is simply trainwreck writing to set up their romance.  That is ALL I and most people are saying on here.  Not that it isn't happening.  Not that we are surprised TPTB are going there.  Simply that the writing for them is a trainwreck.  A trainwreck they could have avoided if they didn't do some of the things they did last season.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 4

They absolutely had a choice to not write another round of the Sam/Mercedes romance last season, call them soulmates, and then have them break up, not because they didn't love each other, but rather because they couldn't make it work at that time and by the way have Rachel advise Mercedes to break up with Sam.  

You seem to think Rachel being single for a season and Sam/Mercedes not dating again are mutually exclusively.  They are not.  Rachel could have been single last  season and Sam/Mercedes could have never dated again or if the dated again it could have been a short fling versus talk of soulmates, I will always love you, etc.  Really this isn't even about Sam/Mercedes being endgame to me because I care that little about Sam and would rather have neither girl saddled with him.  It is about dumb as hell writing decisions that make whatever story they are telling with Sam/Rachel this season some bad writing.

You seem to be really fixated on this give that I really don't see people disagreeing with you that it isn't all that surprising they are going there with Sam/Rachel but let me make it clear.  I am not surprised at all they are going there. I am just saying that stupid writing decisions made last year (all of the Sam/Mercedes focus even without a duet, doubling down on Sam=Finn 2.0, Sam saying NY is not for him)  is simply trainwreck writing to set up their romance.  That is ALL I and most people are saying on here.  Not that it isn't happening.  Not that we are surprised TPTB are going there.  Simply that the writing for them is a trainwreck.  A trainwreck they could have avoided if they didn't do some of the things they did last season.

So are you saying you would have preferred them sticking to their original plan from S5 rather than what they did do which was hold Samchel till this season and use Samcedes in the meantime?

Wouldn't that have gotten everybody saying "this is a rebound relationship" in a heartbeat? I don't think that's what the writers wanted and they realized that, which is why they waited and they did what they did.

I'm not saying that what they did was smart writing, but you can tell it's what they've all wanted to do since last year.

Again just because you think something was planned all along doesn't make it so, and of course the writers have choices.

It's fine you never thought Samcedes was taken serious, I think they were by the screen time dedicated to them.

If the writers were stupid enough to have used Samcedes as simply filler ( and that is still an IF, no matter how some will swear it's so " obvious") then one can add it to the 1001 bad ideas that doomed this show.

One thing with these writers Is that they seem to pick up, drop and start SL's helter skelter all the time. Did I mention All the time?

Regardless picking up crap and flinging it against the wall doesn't change its crap whether it was planned all along or not, whether it was the 'natural" choice or not , whether others should see or in denial. Rushed romance started with a ridiculous premise with two characters who seem both incompatible and whose context and history would appear to be negated. Of course things can ' change" , with a rushed SL an agnostic could become the POpe in 5 episodes, doesn't make it any less ridiculous, implausible and just plain stupid.

Crap is crap, whether Sanchel or Samcedes was " planned" from the very beginning or not.

• Love 2

No I am saying I would have preferred them backing of off Sam/Rachel and not going there with Sam/Mercedes at all or if they went there not made it so serious with talks of soulmates at the like.  They could have found other things for both Sam and Mercedes to do while they waited out last season to do Sam/Rachel this season

Actually I would have preferred them never going there with Sam/rachel at all given the Sam=Finn 2.0 writing as I think it is a disservice to Rachel's character, Finn's character, and Sam's character.  As someone who is a self admitted Finn stan, I still think Rachel needed to move forward to a new romance this season but I feel like her dating a character they have pushed hard as Finn 2.0 is the opposite of her moving forward.

On a completely different note saw some tweets about Le's appearance on Ellen.  Apparently they have filmed some of the finale which tells me that Santana and Brittany will most likely be there.  Maybe the last season is that screen shot of all of them taking a bow from behind.  That wouldn't surprise me although I would expect the next to to the last scene to be with Rachel/Will or Rachel/Kurt,

Edited by camussie

I was wondering if they would have filmed some of the finale ahead of time. Not that it is totally confirmed but it seemed some of the episodes were taking longer than usual to complete so it wouldn't shock me.

Eta: just saw tom87 post; NM.

Edited by caracas1914
On a completely different note saw some tweets about Le's appearance on Ellen.  Apparantly they have filmed some of the finale which tells me that Santana and Brittany will most likely be there.

That is what I had always wondered.  I thought they might do a flash forward of the characters they already had on set. Hell they could have done one for Quinn when Dianna was there for episode 2 and 3 .

They wouldn't  even have to have had the whole episode written just know they wanted to peak into to the  kids in the future.

While I would want them to do a flash forward I think it is much more likely the last episode ends up in either the auditorium or in the choir room.  I just don't think RM is going to let go of that dream.  The "take a bow" photo seems like it could be the final scene in that it is exactly the kind of meta RM and team thrives on but it would also be an unsatisfying conclusion unless you had a Rachel scene before that indicating she was going to head back to NY.  

I think a last group scene is wishful thinking. They haven't all filmed together at any point, RM doesn't care unless it's about Rachel or Blaine.

My guess is the last scene is Rachel and Sam leaving together or breaking up so she leaves.

While I would want them to do a flash forward I think it is much more likely the last episode ends up in either the auditorium or in the choir room.  I just don't think RM is going to let go of that dream.  The "take a bow" photo seems like it could be the final scene in that it is exactly the kind of meta RM and team thrives on but it would also be an unsatisfying conclusion unless you had a Rachel scene before that indicating she was going to head back to NY.  

You mean the one where they misspelled Lea? I highly doubt that means anything. Pretty sure that was the concept art for the promotional images rather than something to do with the finale.

I think a last group scene is wishful thinking. They haven't all filmed together at any point, RM doesn't care unless it's about Rachel or Blaine.

My guess is the last scene is Rachel and Sam leaving together or breaking up so she leaves.

Don't think they'll break up but I do think that she will leave, but they'll probably have something similar to 3x22 Finchel goodbye except this time it will end up on a hopeful note and probably they'll say this isn't over.  Unless she somehow gets reinvigorated and falls in love with these new kids she stays and coaches ND's permenently.

Not hardly.  There is actually a screen shot of all of them together (except Quinn and Mike) taking a bow on stage here.  Given that Lea flat out said they have already filmed some of the finale the logical conclusion is that they did that so that most of the original cast would be in it.  Also even if the last scene is Rachel and one other person I don't think that person will be Sam.  I would bet if it is a Rachel/one other person scene it is Rachel/Will or possibly Rachel/Kurt.  If they go that way I lean towards Rachel/will as RM mentioned that already a while back,

Was Dianna/Quinn at the Double wedding?

No.  I think her last episode so far is 603.  

Edited by camussie

Not hardly.  There is actually a screen shot of all of them together (except Quinn and Mike) taking a bow on stage here.  Given that Lea flat out said they have already filmed some of the finale the logical conclusion is that they did that so that most of the original cast would be in it.  Also even if the last scene is Rachel and one other person I don't think that person will be Sam.  I would bet if it is a Rachel/one other person scene it is Rachel/Will or possibly Rachel/Kurt.  

Still not sure that's what's going on here, considering the promotional images have all of them taking a bow. To me it just seems like it was concept art for that. We shall see as for the final scene it was originally between Will/Rachel but Ryan has since said that's not happening anymore.

No she was not.

Edited by Hookian

Well a last group scene that doesn't include Mike and his abs would be criminal.

No, Quinn wasn't at the abomination and Mike wasn't one of the losers returning to high school.

Those in charge of this show under appreciate Mike and his abs!

Not hardly.  There is actually a screen shot of all of them together (except Quinn and Mike) taking a bow on stage here.  Given that Lea flat out said they have already filmed some of the finale the logical conclusion is that they did that so that most of the original cast would be in it.  Also even if the last scene is Rachel and one other person I don't think that person will be Sam.  I would bet if it is a Rachel/one other person scene it is Rachel/Will or possibly Rachel/Kurt.  If they go that way I lean towards Rachel/will as RM mentioned that already a while back,

That seems to be from the photo shoot and not all of them even seemed to  be at the photo shoot at the same time.

No way the last scene is Rachel/Sam, nor should it be. 

Edited by tom87

That seems to be from the photo shoot and not all of them even seemed to  be at the photo shoot at the same time.

No way the last scene is Rachel/Sam, nor should it be. 

The final scene could be a FF featuring mostly everyone for all we know.

As far as the new sneak peek goes that's it in regards to Samcedes in the 2 hours. A simple brush off/throwaway line about their past relationship played for laughs. Now compare that to the tons of stuff Samchel has in the 2 hours and the moments in 2 of the songs and it shows the writers intentions clearly.

Edited by Hookian

Wonderful way to lay down the groundwork for Sam and Mercedes to break up and free him to be with Rachel. Sam doesn't see the woman he loves for a few months and his first question is if she's still a virgin? Rachel ends up being the next choice because she's going to put out? Great...

• Love 1

To be fair they are already broken up but it is jarring compared to heartfelt their last conversation was.  Just more of Glee's stupid writing.  

..Or simply how Glee handles past relationships, played for laughs.

..Or simply how Glee handles past relationships, played for laughs.

You say that like its a good thing. Glee never gets that right and always comes off looking crass, insensitive and on at least one occasion, racist.

• Love 3

Yep it can be how Glee handles things and also be stupid writing.  I would actually say that is the default for glee - how they handle most situations is stupid writing which is why their audience is down to a 0.6 demo and counting.  

Edited by camussie

You say that like its a good thing. Glee never gets that right and always comes off looking crass, insensitive and on at least one occasion, racist.

It's not a good thing, that's just how Glee does their past relationships on the show. They treat them as a joke which is upsetting. To me it continues to again showcase that they've always intended on doing Samchel but couldn't so they did Samcedes as a placemat till they can do the story they wanted to.

Just look at the way Samcedes is treated, this is it for them in the 2 hour episode and Mercedes isn't in the following 2 episodes. Meanwhile Samchel get a crap ton of scenes together and moments. 

What they're trying to say and do is not subtle IMO and again Mercedes is being set up as the obstacle in Samchel(poorly yes, but she is) and all she's coming back for is to develop along the Sam and Rachel storyline.

Edited by Hookian