Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I never thought I'd say this before LOT started but I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ray's childhood. I wonder if his family was always wealthy, he kind of acted like it in Arrow but maybe not. Seems like most of the team is wasn't particularly great, (ironically Sara probably had one of the most stable childhoods in the Flarrowverse that we know about.) Since his brother looked exactly like him in season 1 does that mean BR gets to play twins?

• Love 4

Ray was given so much more depth on LoT than he ever had on Arrow. Same with Mick Rory - I guess getting tossed onto a timeship really let's you see who you are as a person. And with the episode being called "Phone Home" (as in E.T. ?) I'm now fully expecting a tearjerker. They're going to hurt us, aren't they?

• Love 3

I would love a tearjerker, if they can do it.

And Ray has become my second-favourite Arrowverse character after Mick. So endearing and hapless. And I still think Mick and Ray have the most interesting chemistry of all the pairings (friendship and romance) on the ship - very yin/yang. I'm still crossing my fingers Mick has an important role in this episode, although something tells me I'm guaranteed to be disappointed.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I still think Mick and Ray have the most interesting chemistry of all the pairings (friendship and romance) on the ship

I think they do too.  Sara's my favorite character, but Mick and Ray are my favorite character pairing.  I was very grumpy when they split them up last season to put Ray more with Nate.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I think they do too.  Sara's my favorite character, but Mick and Ray are my favorite character pairing.  I was very grumpy when they split them up last season to put Ray more with Nate.

Yes, absolutely. To Ray and Amaya. Mick easily had the most thoughtful,  unexpected and personally affecting character development of any crew member last season - or at least, he did to me. And it feels like it was noticed how positively it was being received and the response to that was to give Nate his friendship with Ray, and his connection with Amaya - two of the things that helped nurture that development (along with working through the loss of Captain Cold, which was another thing he was sharing with Ray, for goodness sake) and stick him in an almost offensively reductive, overdone, "taming the beast" storyline. Which by recent interviews is being looked at as an inspired choice that they just can't wait to continue next season. Upsetting can't even begin to cover it. It's horrible.

Edited by Karlophe
Clarity
  • Love 4

http://tvline.com/2017/08/17/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-susie-abromeit-cast-ray-mom/amp/

Ray Palmer’s mom has got it going on.

The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow has tapped Susie Abromeit, whose recent TV credits include Marvel’s Jessica Jones (as Hogarth’s girlfriend Pam), Chicago Med and Devious Maids, to guest-star during Season 3 as Ray’s mother, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

They also confirmed that BR will be playing Sydney whenever he appears.  Had that been previously confirmed? I think people had assumed it, but I guess I missed it if it had been confirmed. 

Yeah, it was confirmed at SDCC.

I'd rather have Sara hit on Ray's mom then Nate. For a guy that was supposed to be a sheltered kid with a disease that made him stay indoors most of his life, he sure has the dude bro personality down to a tee. I really hope he broke up with Amaya by that point otherwise it'll give me more reasons to dislike the character. 

Also is Ray's mom being played by Hogarth's girlfriend from Jessica Jones? She looks like her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

For a guy that was supposed to be a sheltered kid with a disease that made him stay indoors most of his life, he sure has the dude bro personality down to a tee.

Yeah I agree.  I think that's part of why I have issues with the character. If he was supposed to be that, it would be one thing, but as it is, it's just another way the character doesn't make sense. 

I'm not sure I want Sara hitting on her either, though, at least not if she knows it's Ray's mom.  If she doesn't know, that's fine, but if she does....no, don't go there Sara. :(

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Also is Ray's mom being played by Hogarth's girlfriend from Jessica Jones? She looks like her. 

Yes, that's her, at least according to the TVLine article. (I didn't watch enough of JJ to be able to tell.)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:48 AM, Sakura12 said:

I'd rather have Sara hit on Ray's mom then Nate. For a guy that was supposed to be a sheltered kid with a disease that made him stay indoors most of his life, he sure has the dude bro personality down to a tee. I really hope he broke up with Amaya by that point otherwise it'll give me more reasons to dislike the character. 

I kind of get what I think they wanted to do with Nate (if I am generous). The guy did say he's idolised his grandfather his whole life and begged Sara to join the team when they didn't know anything about him. i'd actually have liked if he'd said Oliver had said he should be on the team just to see Sara's face, because it wasn't even *her* team then and he's one that still freaks out at everyone he doesn't personally approve.

Being a haemophiliac might actually have been interesting for a few episodes, rather than just getting the serum immediately after. And seriously, I'd have liked to see some hestitancy from Sara at least due to the so similar Mirakuru. It killed Ray's fiancée though I guess he may never have known enough about the circumstances of its creation to worry. After that he became 90% a bro dude making fun of "the nerd squad" etc. News Flash, you didn't get a spot on this mission (via Oliver) because he thought you looked ripped. You got it because you were willing to yell at the most famous person in Star City that his friends (whom a lot of people may not have known were still his friends or even alive) were in trouble because you were a "time detective". Yeah it may have been a 2nd choice career, but you were lucky those names meant enough for him to speak to you. Ray Palmer wants nothing more than to be a hero but still thinks of himself as a scientist/inventor/genius etc as well. Their "sibling rivalry" sort of brought out the worst in them both. And it can't be saod enough, you are a PDH that's hundreds of thousands of Dollars and at least a decade of your life. It Matters, whatever you go though. Sara at the fery least still calls on her LOA training even when she doesn't want to kill people and she still knows Arabic and Mandarin.  Almost everyone else did embrace their knowledge whilst he went away from it.

They were trying so hard to make Nate happen after loosing Snart and Rip (well for a large part of the season) but it was really Mick that picked up the slack without seeming to try (and despite DP also filming Nu!PB) I don't hate Nate and he's better than a lot of similar characters in different shows but like Ray and other characters in their first season in the Flarrowverse they tried to throw the kitchen sink at him.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, Proteus said:

Yeah, it was confirmed at SDCC.

Oh, I somehow missed that but it makes sense given the likeness, not having to cast another actor and giving BR something else to do, looking forward to it.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 6

I really enjoyed that! Trust Mick to tan and drink in Aruba for six months. He's one laundry machine from being The Situation.

Man, this new Cold better be the second coming of Ray Palmer. I'd love to see Wentworth Miller playing dorky and earnest.

• Love 1

Episode 5 title as per the Twitter:

"Return of the Mack"

Gotta admit, this one has me stumped.

If it helps: Spoiler TV had reported yesterday Episode 5 was titled "Too Legit to Quit" before Guggenheim released the actual title page on Twitter today.

At least with the earlier title I could have imagined Dominic Purcell channeling his inner M.C. Hammer while rocking parachute pants. You know wardrobe would have forced it on him....

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2017 at 1:00 PM, Miss Dee said:

At least with the earlier title I could have imagined Dominic Purcell channeling his inner M.C. Hammer while rocking parachute pants. You know wardrobe would have forced it on him....

Mick would have owned parachute pants. Now I feel robbed. Robbed, I say!

• Love 3

An interesting little article from the weekend that popped up in my Wentworth Miller alerts (because you know I have them, LOL). It makes me more and more excited for this season. Well, except for the Damien-Dahrk-in-every-episode thing. I just can't abide that character (although I re-proclaim my partiality for Neal McDonough). But I can tolerate Dahrk if the payoff is more Leonard Snart.  

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kirinan said:

An interesting little article from the weekend that popped up in my Wentworth Miller alerts (because you know I have them, LOL). It makes me more and more excited for this season. Well, except for the Damien-Dahrk-in-every-episode thing. I just can't abide that character (although I re-proclaim my partiality for Neal McDonough). But I can tolerate Dahrk if the payoff is more Leonard Snart.  

That article is really the authors speculations. No way will DD be in every episode. Thawne was a series regular last season and he wasn't. They contradict themselves with what they say about Wentworth Miller. Recurring doesn't mean he will be featured more than last season. I'll be shocked if we see him for more than four episodes. They said at the SDCC that he'd be in a few episodes. So I'm thinking four or less.

Edited by Proteus
22 hours ago, Proteus said:

That article is really the authors speculations. No way will DD be in every episode. Thawne was a series regular last season and he wasn't. They contradict themselves with what they say about Wentworth Miller. Recurring doesn't mean he will be featured more than last season. I'll be shocked if we see him for more than four episodes. They said at the SDCC that he'd be in a few episodes. So I'm thinking four or less.

LALALALALA I can't HEAR you! I want more Recurrent Snart, not less. 

• Love 3

I love this casting scoop. Brandon Rouths wife is joining the show as DDs daughter:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/31/legends-tomorrow-courtney-ford-damian-darhk-daughter/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

The actress, who will first appear in episode 305, will play Eleanor, who is smart and cunning with a charming dose of otherworldly creepiness — think Wednesday Addams all grown up. Her innocent looks can be disarming, but it’s all an act. This woman is dangerous with an uncanny ability to manipulate others, and is able to tell people exactly what they want to hear. She’s highly intelligent and is always several moves ahead. Her unique dark talents all stem from the fact that she is Damien Darhk’s daughter.

As revealed at Comic-Con, this Damien Darhk will be among a cabal of villains who team up against the Legends in season 3. It’s as yet unclear how Darhk will return to the fold, but executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Phil Klemmer previously teased he would be a post-Arrow season 4 version of the character somehow resurrected.

Ford, whose credits also include Supernatural and True Blood, is also the real-life wife of Legends star Brandon Routh. Interestingly enough, his character Ray will have an unexplainable attraction to Eleanor, despite her evil ways.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

Well, I've always liked Courtney Ford for some reason, and I always get a kick out of off screen romances being translated on screen, so I am actually interested in this. Plus, I'm always excited for female villains/antagonists. 

• Love 2
On August 31, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Well, I've always liked Courtney Ford for some reason, and I always get a kick out of off screen romances being translated on screen, so I am actually interested in this. Plus, I'm always excited for female villains/antagonists. 

I love that we are getting another female villain as well. I've always liked Courtney Ford too. Hopefully she & Brandon will click onscreen.

• Love 1

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/21/spoiler-room-scoop-hawaii-five-0-blacklist-brooklyn-nine-nine/

What will we see of Rip this season on Legends of Tomorrow? — Rosa
Even though Rip has created his own Time Bureau, we have not seen the last of him working with the Legends, especially once he starts to uncover the underlying mystery running through this season. “There’s a thing that he discovers, which is very important to him and he feels like, at times, he can sort out on his own, and then also realizes he needs to call on the Legends in order to help him,” Arthur Darvill says. “The Time Bureau, as much as they’re brilliant, they do things in too much of an official way in order for, in his opinion, things to actually get done. So his interaction with the Legends, at the moment, is very much as a means to an end for him in terms of what he’s trying to achieve.”

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

He is. I guess he wants the Legends to do things off the books like a black ops group

Huh.  So the Time Bureau is the official face and the Legends are the completely unofficial operatives.  I refuse to use "black ops" because, other than Sara, I do not believe they know the meaning of the words "covert" and "stealth"! LOL! 

• Love 6
On September 21, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Starfish35 said:

Huh.  So the Time Bureau is the official face and the Legends are the completely unofficial operatives.  I refuse to use "black ops" because, other than Sara, I do not believe they know the meaning of the words "covert" and "stealth"! LOL! 

Yeah, I just mean Rip may want the Legends to do jobs he doesn't want the Time Bureau associated with.

9 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

It's being discussed over in the Mind Your Surroundings thread, but the title of this year's crossover has been announced.  It's Crisis on Earth-X.

https://tvline.com/2017/09/22/the-flash-barry-iris-wedding-crossover-episode-photo/

I'm excited for this.

Captain Cold is in the corner of the poster with the heroes.

• Love 3

Yeah I got what you meant, and I agree.  I was just joking around. :)

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the crossover too.  There's a couple things I'm disappointed about, the main one being that, at least according to the paparazzi rumors, it sounds like no J'onn.  But other than that, it looks like a lot of fun. :)

Oh, I know you were joking. :)

I'm intrigued by one rumor going around. Don't read if you don't want to know info that involves Supergirl as well as Legends:

Spoiler

That something might happen between Sara & Supergirls Alex during the event.

I hadn't heard that one.   But it doesn't surprise me, especially since it sounds like

Spoiler

Sanvers will be over by then.

I figured they (the writers) wouldn't be able to resist.

Edited by Starfish35
Supergirl spoiler
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I hadn't heard that one.   But it doesn't surprise me, especially since it sounds like

Reveal hidden contents

Sanvers will be over by then.

I figured they (the writers) wouldn't be able to resist.

Completely unsurprising, especially considering a cut line last year and might be kind of fun.

I think it's interesting Nate doesn't appear to be on the poster despite being heavily pushed on the show last year whilst Zari who we haven't even met and won't until 3.03 is there, presumably with her powers fully fledged.