Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

This character also has ties to an existing character who was well received by fans, which means a good chance we will take to her, 

Or we may hate her for not being Mari/Megalyn. 

Let the hair color theories commence.... Who would have thought hair color would play such an active role in speculation in the Flarrowverse??

I do like the coloring on CL though.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WildcardC said:

Or we may hate her for not being Mari/Megalyn. 

She only played the live action version once. I don't think she left that much of an impression.

I loved her on The Originals so I'm happy with this casting scoop.

Yeah, if she's definitely her grandmother, then it should, theoretically, preclude her from romantic shenanigans, unless, say, her child has already been born (maybe she gave them up or something). Otherwise we'd get a Ray/Kendra #2 (with her being destined to hook up with Mari's grandfather and angsting about being attracted to a crew member instead...) and NOBODY wants that, I'm sure.

• Love 1

I love the whole idea of getting Vixen's grandmother in. Is the actress good enough to convince us she's from the 1940's?

I like the hair color on CL - she might change it back when filming starts but if they can find a reason for her to keep it - it looks good.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FurryFury said:

Yeah, if she's definitely her grandmother, then it should, theoretically, preclude her from romantic shenanigans, unless, say, her child has already been born (maybe she gave them up or something). Otherwise we'd get a Ray/Kendra #2 (with her being destined to hook up with Mari's grandfather and angsting about being attracted to a crew member instead...) and NOBODY wants that, I'm sure.

There's no way IMO that she won't be paired with someone. Especially since this seasons supposed to have more romance.

I'm holding out hope that most of this new "romance" will be with one-shot or recurring characters.  (i.e. Sara and the nurse.)  Failing that, I'd be reasonably happy with the romance involving a recurring but not regular.  If, for example, they continue with Captain Canary, or they revisit Rip Hunter and Jonah Hex for an episode or two.  I'm really dreading any long term romance between regulars though.

• Love 1

I also hope they keep the romance to the guest characters. However I'm not holding my breath since the EP's have said they want to do more romance in season 2. Even though they sucked at writing their main love story (both with the Hawks and Ray/Kendra) and Captain Canary was only worked because the actors were selling it, not the writers. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, squidprincess said:

I'm holding out hope that most of this new "romance" will be with one-shot or recurring characters.  (i.e. Sara and the nurse.)  Failing that, I'd be reasonably happy with the romance involving a recurring but not regular.  If, for example, they continue with Captain Canary, or they revisit Rip Hunter and Jonah Hex for an episode or two.  I'm really dreading any long term romance between regulars though.

I don't think there was anything between Rip Hunter and Jonah Hex. I sadly think Captain Canary is done since WM is gone. I just think both Sara and new Vixen will be paired with other regulars. 

On 6/18/2016 at 9:56 AM, squidprincess said:

Honestly, I've never seen anything to indicate that LoT were thinking about Lady Blackhawk at all.  All we'd ever seen was that they were planning an African-American woman from WWII.  There wasn't anything specific to the Blackhawks themselves in the casting call.  It was a logical assumption, based on the paramilitary team, but it was fan-side speculation that brought up Lady Blackhawk, not the creators.

I don't agree with this.   Sure it was a logical assumption that the fans went to town with.   But the whole casting notice basically screamed African American Zinda.  From the time period, to the military group that she had to work twice as hard to get into and be respected.  Right down to the losing team mates.   Though the repressed feelings are new. 

Also it's worth mentioning that in the Arrowverse the Blackhawks are canon,  with the same one episode focus that Vixen got and possible mentions in later episodes, I think DC told them no Zinda or they randomly decided that they like magic too much to quit it. 

• Love 2

Maye Sara & Vixen will be the Couple?? I definitely don't think RP can sell any relationship at this point, except with his hand. Mick is a little gruff. Rip is heartbroken. Prof is married. Jax is a baby, but then again he could get paired with Vixen.

Fingers crossed whatever they do it's better than all their failed attempts at romance in s1.

• Love 2
(edited)

So confusingly, the new character is the grandmother of the current Vixen, and yet also appears to be approximately the same racial mix.

Possible?  Yes. Likely?  Not so much.   We're not talking about a 21st century character or series of descendants here, after all.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well somebody was already complaining about Naya Rivera not being "black enough" so I guess they took stuff like that into account, and this actress probably was the best of their pool who had the more or less the right coloring.

Edited by FurryFury
(edited)
16 hours ago, Kromm said:

So confusingly, the new character is the grandmother of the current Vixen, and yet also appears to be approximately the same racial mix.

Possible?  Yes. Likely?  Not so much.   We're not talking about a 21st century character or series of descendants here, after all.

I'm a little confused as to what you mean by this.

I'm not sure what Maisie Richardson-Sellers's racial ancestry is, but it's hardly as though mixed race people just came about in the twenty-first century.  It seems perfectly plausible that both Mari and Amaya might have both white and black ancestry.  (Assuming they do.)

Edited by squidprincess
(edited)

She only played the live action version once. I don't think she left that much of an impression.

Well fair enough, I for one was impressed by Megayln in that one episode and I love the animated show. Im already attached to that version. i dont plan to hate the new Vixen, obviously, especially when they are family. I just hope the Mari version will not be replaced. 

Well somebody was already complaining about Naya Rivera not being "black enough" so I guess they took stuff like that into account, and this actress probably was the best of their pool who had the more or less the right coloring.

I guess this is the least offensive casting they could have done. Someone just as light as Megalyn and not shades lighter. Im not sure what Kromm is saying? but if they expected them to cast a much darker/african grandmother for Mari, they are out of luck with this crew. Naya was totally the wrong choice for the role IMO, she is predominantly a Hispanic/Mestizo woman, and Vixen is meant to be predominantly black. Anyway, it was just a rumor.

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 2
(edited)

The 2x01 Episode is named  "Out of Time". We can have a rough estimation that LOT will have 16 episodes in Season 2. From July 18 2016 to January 10 2017, there's 176 days and with each episode having approximately 11 days of shooting span it comes out to be 16 episodes.

CnRDrzkVMAAcfQf.jpg

Edited by abhi
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, abhi said:

The 2x01 Episode is named  "Out of Time". We can have a rough estimation that LOT will have 16 episodes in Season 2. From July 18 2016 to January 10 2017, there's 176 days and with each episode having approximately 11 days of shooting span it comes out to be 16 episodes.

Where did you get those shooting dates? Most speculation I've seen had them getting a full 22 episode order.

14 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Where did you get those shooting dates? Most speculation I've seen had them getting a full 22 episode order.

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/07/start-supernatural-once-upon-a-time-arrow-the-flash-supergirl-legends-of-tomorrow-the-100-izombie-lucifer-timeless-frequency-filming-start-dates-in-vancouver.html#.V4bg6rgrLIU

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow season 2

Filming from July 18th to January 10th, 2017.

Premieres Thursday, October 13th on The CW.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, kismet said:

I think the 16 episode season makes for a better show. Bot Flash & Arrow could do with 6 or so fewer episodes.

I think the opposite, but I also prefer FOTW episodes to season-long-plot episodes so YMMV.

(edited)

Anyone excited for the 4-part crossover? Who do we think from LoT will make the cut to appear in the other shows?

My personal pick is always obvious, but I'll choose Ray and Firestorm to join Sara. Since they don't have to set up another show, hopefully they have a good story for it. LoT is the finale episode so I wonder if they need to intervene with whatever the other heroes screw up. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I'm not excited for the 4 part crossover. If able to be separate from the other plotlines I think it has the potential for a lot of fun. But that is not how these writers roll. They connect it to the other plots and things get murky.

I think it's going to be Flash & SG heavy and likely reference Flashpoint. I wonder if the Justice League will go back in time to rescue BA. The guy who showed up was pretty clear that it was important they were still in 2016.

The obvious person that is a lock for the crossover is Snart & MM. Last year, almost none of the LoT crew was in the crossover, I sorta expect something similar. Where each show will only get 1 or 2 representatives to cross into the other shows. The whole LoT will be on LoT, but not on the other shows.  I think we'll see GA & SG on LoT, maybe FS. If the mission is to save BA, then I do expect most of the Flash crew to be in all shows.

I definitely expect it be Flash and Supergirl heavy, since those are the highest rated shows. Although I'm interested in SG's ratings on the CW. 

I'm not expecting a great story, I'm hoping it's better than last season's crossover. They don't have to set up a new show or characters so that should help somewhat. 

29 minutes ago, kismet said:

Last year, almost none of the LoT crew was in the crossover

Well, the crossover last year was to introduce Savage and the Hawks, and IIRC Sara was either dead or feral at the time.  I could see the LoT folks wanting to keep the "team meets each other" dynamics for their own show, so minimizing their presence in the crossover was probably a good choice from that perspective.

(edited)

Sara was alive and got her soul back before the crossover. She left Star City because of the bloodlust and I assume didn't want to kill people in front her family and friends. The Crossover was for the Hawks and Savage, the three that ended up being the worst part of the show. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

The crossover last year was just the opening wave of crappiness for the Flarrowverse. Ain't nothing good came out the crossover for any of the shows. I just hope there is no repeat this season.

I also am bitter that they don't use the crossover to do a musical episode. That would be fun, it wouldn't produce any crappy storylines. The characters could have fun and be likeable. It's just a shame they have all that musical talent on the 4 shows and nothing comes of it.

Maybe they should do a musical episode, while it won't move the story forward it would at least be entertaining to watch. 

I would love to see Sara bust out some break dancing moves or lead a choreographed dance number with Team Legends. CL said she's not much of singer but she was a professional dancer. So that would fun to see. 

• Love 1

For the crossover, I'd like to see Ray and Cisco (Science Bros!) work together again. And I want to see Iris interact with the Arrow team -- we still haven't seen her reaction to finding out that her celeb crush is a superhero. And Joe and Quentin don't hang out enough. They would be the perfect ones to comment about how crazy this all is.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd imagine Rip is a likely part of any crossover, since the time travel/cosmic knowledge is what Legends specifically brings to the table.  He may not have a substantial role, but he'll at least be there to deliver some kind of exposition/explanation that makes no real sense. 

I'm not sure who else I think will be involved.  It may depend.  If the Legends team ends up interacting the most with the Arrow crowd, I'd expect Sara and Ray to get bigger roles.  If they end up interacting more with the Flash crowd, I'd expect Martin and Jax to get bigger roles.  If Snart is going to be involved somehow, I'd expect Mick and Sara.  That kind of thing.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1

Is LoT going to the Medieval times? Of course doofus Ray would be knighted. With this and the Egyptian pic with the Waverider hieroglyph it looks like Team Legends is going further back in time this season.  I guess being the new Time Masters they don't have to worry about an evil group telling them what to do anymore. 

• Love 2

I was wondering why some of the supplicants before the Pharoah in the hieroglyphics pic didn't look... human.  But for this pic.... perforce a Shining Knight appearance?

Do you mean the question about a new BC? I've changed my mind about that, and hope they let Sara just stay the White Canary. Whatever they do about it, if anything, will be a shitstorm, and I'd rather CL be clear of it.

• Love 2

If they were going to let the Black Canary role end with Laurel, I would be ok with that, but if they really are going to give the name to someone else (as WM seems to be implying) then as far as I'm concerned that someone better be Sara.  And really, there's not anyone else it could be.  The faux Canary that appeared after Laurel's death, played by Madison McLaughlin, is going to be taking the name 

Spoiler

Artemis (which I'm not happy about, but is a complaint for a different forum).

Personally, if it's true, I'm delighted.  Sara finally becoming the actual for real Black Canary would make me totally  happy.   It won't make the Laurel fans happy - that's true.  But I'm not sure anything would other than bringing Laurel back to life.  Sara being Black Canary is, IMO, a great way to still have that character in the Flarrowverse, but to have her on her own show with her own team.  

• Love 3

I'd be happy to have Sara wearing black again and going by The Canary. She doesn't need the color of her outfit in her name. However if they are going to give that name to someone, it should be Sara's. She's the one that is closest to comic BC anyway. 

Even if she has the name, Sara Lance is still not in the comics so she's not tied down to that. She's the ArrowEarth's Black Canary. 

• Love 2

If they were going to let the Black Canary role end with Laurel, I would be ok with that, but if they really are going to give the name to someone else (as WM seems to be implying) then as far as I'm concerned that someone better be Sara.

A "third bird" kinda imply someone new in the Canary role. There is always Felicity!. 

(edited)

He also said the Black Canary legacy will die with Laurel, then the brought Baby Canary before L was even laid down to rest and now they are implying a 3rd Canary for real. 

They got Felicity using BC's baton and being GA's love interest, knowing Guggie, it probably did cross his mind. Just putting it out there, stranger things have happened in ageing shows, like jumping sharks. I know Felicity is a favorite for BC role in some circles for years, then Sara in others, could become another BC War.  If its going to be Sara, then OK, better her than Felicity or new person.  Just wish they wouldn't open this can of worms at all. 

Edited by WildcardC
(edited)

I want Sara to be Black Canary - I've always wanted it.  As far as I'm concerned, if it is her, she's just getting what she should have had all along.  *shrug*  YMMV.  But I'm excited about it.  This is the first piece of (possible) news on any of the four shows that's actually gotten me excited about the upcoming seasons so I hope it happens.

He also said the Black Canary legacy will die with Laurel,

Did he actually say that?  I don't remember that.

Edit: I only found this at TVLine, which is vague, and doesn't necessarily rule it out.   It could be that it's not "up for grabs" because they already knew that they were going to give it to Sara.  Even before Laurel died, there were reports that Caity Lotz had said at one of the cons that she would be getting a new costume next season.

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER CANARY?

Echoing that which he shared in his TVLine Q&A, Guggenheim says, "We'll play with that notion in Episode 19," which guest-stars Supernatural huntress Madison McLaughlin in a mystery role. That said, "I don't know if I’d say [the Canary mantle] is up for grabs."

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Did he actually say that?  I don't remember that.

Eh, I probably heard it in fan circles, because of the BC name being put on the grave stone, then the statue. I probably heard it enough, it actually became true in my mind. My mistake. 

With no word to take back, I guess there is nothing to hold them back in having another BC. Not that it ever stopped them before.

It could be that it's not "up for grabs" because they already knew that they were going to give it to Sara.  Even before Laurel died, there were reports that Caity Lotz had said at one of the cons that she would be getting a new costume next season.

Yeah, this certainly makes a case for her being a possible candidate for new BC.

However, I'm personally not going to rule out a new person, just yet. I just don't think there is enough spoilers on who it could be.

Edited by WildcardC