Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of! Thanks!

Oh yeah I forgot about this one! Yay! That makes me feel better about last night's episode, knowing that Len didn't just execute his friend.

Could Left Behind refer to Mick? Could that be the episode where they get him back?

• Love 2

I'm not 100% ruling out a complicated Mick/Snart scam!

But if his actions were totally legit, maybe it's something like wherever Snart left him- they recover him at a later point in time (years for him - weeks for them - and let's just say he ages well!) and during that timeframe he's mellowed, changed, whatever...

Oh but let me say that because their last point in time was 2046 and they were hanging out in limbo trying to figure out where to go next for three weeks - I did wonder if maybe Cold did in fact leave Mick in 2046.  Of course the problem with doing that is that Sara and Ray would have every intention of changing that future and erasing it (which really should have been Cold's argument for leaving). 

I suppose if that's the case - they could pick up Mick in 2050 (time to mellow and all that) before going back in time to the Wild West?

(edited)

I can't see how Mick could be redeemed after this episode, especially that soon. Dude tried to kill them and shot Sara.

It's not so much about redeeming Mick, for me anyway. Mick is who he is, although if his exile brings him around to becoming a bit more of a team player I won't complain. It's just that the idea of Snart taking his partner out somewhere and putting him down like Old Yeller (as someone said in the episode thread) left me with an extremely bad taste in my mouth at the end of the episode. Ugh. Mick being still alive takes that away.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

If he couldn't bring himself to kill him, and he didn't want to dump him back home for fear of reprisal toward his sister, what would Snart do with Mick? I presume strand him somewhere, or somewhen, that Mick could survive and be happy. He might tell the others he was going to kill him but needed to be alone to do it, and I imagine all of them (except possibly Sara) would believe him, because they don't think of Snart as much less of a criminal than Mick.

• Love 1
It's not so much about redeeming Mick, for me anyway. Mick is who he is, although if his exile brings him around to becoming a bit more of a team player I won't complain.

I agree.  Mick doesn't need to be redeemed; he needs to be a team player.  He can still steal while he helps the team.

It's just that the idea of Snart taking his partner out somewhere and putting him down like Old Yeller (as someone said in the episode thread) left me with an extremely bad taste in my mouth at the end of the episode. Ugh. Mick being still alive takes that away.

I don't want that happen either.  I like their relationship, and I want to see more of it on Flash and LOT S2.  Maybe they'll be gray character after this season, but I'll be disappointed if they stop stealing and stop causing trouble.

Mick just needs to cool down, and then, they'll hug it out.

(edited)

Stein's going to have his hands full trying to stop Sara from hurting all the sexist men in the 1950's. I also keep forgetting how tiny Caity is.

I also think Caity said that Stein is also going to take issue with Sara trying to seduce the closeted nurse because of the time they are in and Sara ignores him because she wants to liberate her. 

It looks like this ep is going to be tackling the race issue with Jax and Kendra and the LGBT issue with Sara and the nurse. I don't know how far they will get into because this show is very surface level. But it will be interesting for Sara to see that she's lucky to be born in a time where she can marry a woman if she wanted too. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Maybe they explore Sara (probably) wanting to move that nurse to the future when she can love who she pleases, and then Gideon says she can't go because she's supposed to do something important, cue angst.

• Love 1

Interesting synopsis for “Left Behind” 

SARA RETURNS TO THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS – Ray (Brandon Routh), Sara (Caity Lotz) and Kendra (Ciara Renée) are shocked after they watch the Waverider fly off without them, leaving them stranded in the ‘50s. After waiting months for their teammates to come back, the three realize they must move on with their lives. Ray and Kendra bond as a couple but Sara decides to return to the League of Assassins and Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable).   John Showalter directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Grainne Godfree (LEG109). Original airdate 3/31/2016.

http://dclegendstv.com/2016/03/09/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-9-spoilers-left-behind-with-ras-al-ghul/

Edited by tarotx

Wait, what? Why would Sara decide to just return to the LOA in the 50's? Wouldn't that mess up her timeline? Unless they are going with Ra's knew who she was when Nyssa brought her to Nanda Parbat.

I hope we also get some flashforwardbacks to Sara's actual time with the League and what her relationship was like with Ra's. All we got was the first time she met him she laughed in his face and he didn't like her dating his daughter. It would've been nice if Katrina Law was there too but I think we would've heard about that by now. 

Yeah, I think we'd have heard about that. If it's in the 50s, Nyssa wouldn't have been born yet. She was a child when Malcolm Merlyn first joined the league, and that would have been, what, sometime in the 90s?

ETA: oh wait, I just realized you were talking about Nyssa being in Sara's flashbacks/forwards. Sorry! *facepalm* Reading comprehension fail.

Edited by Starfish35

Why is Kendra left behind and why does Sara just decide to hop on a plane to Nanda Parbat? That ep isn't going to make sense till we see it. With Sara I guess she thinks she can't do much else in 1958. Or she would rather go assassinate people than watch Ray and Kendra in a relationship. 

Edited by Sakura12

It says after waiting months for the team to come back, so yeah Sara is probably at her wits ends. She's probably as stir crazy as heatwave was last episode. These "months" is just a way to give "relationship" status to Ray and Kendra before Carter returns.  But we'll see how it goes. 

• Love 1

That is a seriously weird plot. I can't imagine Sara ever wanting to go back to LoA... unless maybe to get something that could help against Vandal Savage? IDK. 

I suspect I'll have to FF through Ray/Kendra scenes, it would be, what, 3 episodes of them interacting in a row? Ugh. Talk about forced. I guess Kendra is stuck on "Palmer Island" for good.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

According to the extended promo for Sara, Kendra and Ray it's been 2 years! No wonder Sara went back to the League. If she stayed in Pleasantville that long she'd probably end up going on a killing spree. I also love that she knows how to hotwire a car. I wonder if that was League taught or something teenage Sara did. 

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-109-left.html

And I finally get to see Sara in the traditional League outfit. I kind wondered why she got have a different one. 

Sara%20LOA_zps9bxnps91.jpg

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

The extended promo looks so much better than the short one after the episode. So Kendra and Ray will have been a couple for years now. I guess that's a way to move their relationship fast.

And Sara joining the league is probably creating her own LOA Fate. I wonder what rejoining the league is going to do to Sara's tinge of humanity that she's feeling :( And I wonder with the (what I believe will be a Lance family member) Arrow death being years removed from her timeline is going to make her feel more rage or less?

• Love 3

Sara can't be using her real name, that would be dumb. I kind of hope they let her use the name Dinah Drake.

And if they don't take it back, it would be interesting if the Sara that comes back is years older then when she left.

• Love 5
According to the extended promo for Sara, Kendra and Ray it's been 2 years!

Seriously?! Wow, I'm so disappointed. I'm like 100% sure that the writing won't deal with the changes for them believably. And it was absolutely unneeded anyway. Bleh.

So Ray/Kendra romance will happen offscreen? Not that I mind, but it is such a weird choice, story-wise.

• Love 1

They said they would deal with the changes of time travel on the characters. I don't know how much they will focus on it. If they do in fact show that time travel is the reason most of them started their fates or destiny as VS likes to say, I will be impressed. 

We know that Rip caused his family's fate by going after Savage. 

Sara joining the league in 1958 and being part of it for at least a year (hopefully not under her own name. She should choose The Bloodletter has her name) is what could've led to Ra's al Ghul allowing Sara to join the league in 2009/2010. Of course he could've just thought she was a lookalike granddaughter or something instead of a time traveler. He probably would've kept a better eye on her if that was the case. 

Then of course Rip could always go back to a few minutes after they left and pick them up and erase everything. Which he might have to if Sara screwed with her time line too much. 

However I think that ep will be a big Sara episode so I'm looking forward to it. We never got to really see League Sara. 

• Love 4

I wonder where they settle since that town wasn't the best place for Ray and Kendra to hang out.  I guess I can see Sara getting frustrated and going back to the LoA.  At one point, it was sold to her as "replacing evil with death" and she has the skills to do it well.  Ray is inventive and Kendra is handy so they probably found some way to make a living but they are all operating out of their "known element" so Sara going for what she knows makes sense. 

What I want to know is what the hell happened on the ship that Rip can't go back and get them?  I can only assume it's a matter of days for him and that part of the crew and the reason they have to pick them up two years in the future is the whole thing about not returning to the same place in time rule?  I have to hand it to them - it was a great point to split their season - I'm going to be more frustrated waiting for this episode than I am with anything related to Flash or Arrow.

• Love 2
She should choose The Bloodletter has her name

What's Bloodletter? Never heard that. Is it somebody from the comics?

I really love the Dinah Drake alias speculation, but no way would she endanger her mother like that - it is her real name, after all.

Then of course Rip could always go back to a few minutes after they left and pick them up and erase everything. Which he might have to if Sara screwed with her time line too much.

That would be an even worse scenario. Delete everything that happened with the characters after showing it to us? No thanks. I remember a show... umm... it was also based on a comic... Witch-something, Witchblade, I think? pushing the reset button at the end of season 1 via turning time back to the start. It was horrible.

However I think that ep will be a big Sara episode so I'm looking forward to it. We never got to really see League Sara.

With you on that, at least. However, I've only seen Ra's in clips, but I was really unimpressed, so not looking forward to his scenes.

Edited by FurryFury

Do we know that's her mother's name? I don't remember them saying on the show what her maiden name was. And if it's not said on the show it doesn't count. That's what I was told about Sara not being Black Canary. She wasn't called that on the show. Despite being called Black Canary by the EP's and the actors.

Bloodletter is not a comic name. I just figured with her bloodlust she would choose a name that fits with that. Bloodluster sounds weird. Or she could just go with The Monster.

• Love 1

Savage has been around for 4000 years. The League was around a long time itself, if Ra's supposedly being 600 something is any indication. I would be surprised if they didn't cross paths somewhere along the line. I'd bet Ra's either doesn't have a problem with Savage or maybe even helps him out. For that matter, it's not inconceivable Savage helped find the Lazarus pits and maybe even brought the League together.

Edited by KirkB

Sara can't be using her real name, that would be dumb. I kind of hope they let her use the name Dinah Drake.

And if they don't take it back, it would be interesting if the Sara that comes back is years older then when she left.

I will LOL so loudly if that is the case!

Savage has been around for 4000 years. The League was around a long time itself, if Ra's supposedly being 600 something is any indication. I would be surprised if they didn't cross paths somewhere along the line. I'd bet Ra's either doesn't have a problem with Savage or maybe even helps him out. For that matter, it's not inconceivable Savage helped find the Lazarus pits and maybe even brought the League together.

Arrow 1st Ra's was not that old.. but we assume the title itself is old enough.

• Love 1

One possibility is that we'll see Sara in the LoA as a kind of redemption/explanation for some of the things in Arrow Season 3.  Why did Ra's act in such odd, contradictory ways that led to his death?  Because that's the way things had to play out for Oliver to survive and be around to save Kendra (and, briefly, Hawkboy) the following year.  If the League replaces evil with death, figure one of their main targets would be Vandal Savage, who is both evil and extremely difficult to permanently replace with death.  It would be interesting if so many of Sara's troubles, including her death, ended up being effectively self-inflicted because Ra's and the League were following her instructions.

One possibility is that we'll see Sara in the LoA as a kind of redemption/explanation for some of the things in Arrow Season 3.  Why did Ra's act in such odd, contradictory ways that led to his death?  Because that's the way things had to play out for Oliver to survive and be around to save Kendra (and, briefly, Hawkboy) the following year.  If the League replaces evil with death, figure one of their main targets would be Vandal Savage, who is both evil and extremely difficult to permanently replace with death.  It would be interesting if so many of Sara's troubles, including her death, ended up being effectively self-inflicted because Ra's and the League were following her instructions.

that can explain why Nyssa saved her, Ra's was foretold by Sara herself to send Nyssa, because that's how things had already played out from her end. We always wondered What Nyssa was doing on the Island in the first place.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

We're talking about Grand Central Island. Considering how many people just turn up at that place, like Constantine and Sin's dad. I'm not at all surprised the LOA, Argus and boring flashback group were there too. 

• Love 4

From today's Ask Ausiello column:

http://tvline.com/2016/03/17/legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-cast-superhero-dc-spoilers/

Question: I’m very happy that Legends of Tomorrow was renewed, but I’m worried about the rumor that they are going to have a whole new cast. I don’t think I’ll want to watch if Captain Cold isn’t in it. Do you know with anything about the casting for Season 2? —Stacy

Ausiello: What we have here is a case of “The Telephone Game,” wherein a producer recently said, “Our team for Season 2, if not in the [physical] makeup of the team, will be changed in the way that [the characters] will be different [people]” — meaning, Rip, Leonard, Sara et al will have been changed as people by their adventures during Season 1. Regardless of whether that’s the source of your confusion, I have it on good authority that a wholesale cast change is not at all in the cards.

♦ Rumor has it the final scene of Legends of Tomorrow's May 19 season finale will introduce a “beloved superhero from the DC canon” whose mysterious agenda serves as “a launching off point for Season 2.”

• Love 3

DC’S Legends of Tomorrow

“Progeny” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

RIP CROSSES THE LINE IN HIS EFFORT TO SAVE HIS FAMILY – Rip (Arthur Darvill) tells the team they are headed to the future to take out a powerful ally that Savage (guest star Casper Crump) needs in order to conquer the world.  However, when Rip reveals the ally is a 14 year-old boy (guest star Cory Gruter-Andrew) who will one day grow into an evil dictator, the team is split about the morality of killing a child, even if it does save the world.  Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) talks Snart (Wentworth Miller) through a rough patch and Ray (Brandon Routh) learns something that could impact his future with Kendra (Ciara Renée).  David Geddes directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer and Marc Guggenheim (#110). Original airdate 4/7/2016.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rip-crosses-the-line-in-new-legends-of-tomorrow-plot-synopsis

I'd consider Booster Gold more well known than his son Rip Hunter. He's a jokester that never takes anything seriously. Basically the exact opposite of Rip,

Hey, maybe Nathan Fillion (Castle has got to be on it's way out) can finally fulfill his dream of playing Booster Gold and they can continue their hiring of the cast of Firefly in the DC verse.  

• Love 1

I think he'll be still too busy (and probably expensive) for the show. I don't want for them to introduce an interesting character played by an actor unable to return often. Still bitter about Natalie Dormer on Elementary, among other examples.

I do hope the cast will change a bit, too. Hawkgirl needs to go and be replaced with a better female character/actress. And I can't imagine keeping Mick, too.

I would be fine with losing Kendra and Firestorm. They hardly ever use Firestorm anyway. And those two/three are probably the most expensive as far as special effects go.

Mick...I'm waiting to see what happens when he comes back.