Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Everyone,

Promos aren't spoilers; please bring them to the Media thread and discuss them there.  Also, similarly to the other DC shows, please keep any character connections, plots, etc. drawn from the comics that haven't made their way into show promos in this thread or under spoiler tags.

Thanks,

MarkHB and scarynikki12

I loved those pics of Snart holding Sara's beer and smiling while she kicked some guys ass. 

Sara's old party girl persona seems to be popping through. She must have really found some peace during her months away. Or she's like F it, I've actually been to hell and back it's time to live life to it's fullest. 

This sounds like a spoiler but I just don't know anymore:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tbrick2

"After watching the #LegendsofTomorrow premiere (which is EPIC), I'm loving the new partners-in-crime-ship between Sara and Snart."

People talking about plot details when they've watched a show that hasn't aired yet?  That's definitely a spoiler :) .  Thanks!

• Love 1

So first part, hey come fly with me through time to save the world and everyone considers their options; second part they head back to the seventies and Ray gets to play with the bad boys?

Sometimes Damian Darhk is listed as a guest star and he has been made a season regular. I think Hawkman was made a season regular so his death in 3 will be a shock plus they can bring him on (in time and dreams) when ever cause they have first rights. 

They only ever said that Hawkman would be a regular part of the story, not that Hentschel was a series regular in the contractual sense.

They never announced that Crump would be a regular, either, and the two of them are usually listed separately or not included at all in official cast lists.

A friend of mine saw the pilot and said it was fun except for the Hawks. Who are in it way too much. She said if the Hawks are going to be the main star she might drop the show. She thinks that Rip might be a problem for some because he has a combination of too much info at once at the same time as not enough character nuance. But she also was anti Rory so that might play a factor. She knows I love AD. I guess he's played like we should know him though a lot of time is used to bring him forward. The rest of the Characters she enjoyed though she does think that their dynamic and character history does come into play without fleshing them out for new viewers. She thinks it feels like this is a 5 hour pilot that was condense into 2 tv hours.

:(

The pilot was filmed before the reaction the Hawks. I think that might've changed their focus in the later episodes. Sara seems to be getting a focused ep in 9 when she's left behind in the 1950's.

As for Rip he got saddled with the info dumping which sucks for any character. Hopefully they get most of it out of the way in the pilot.

Can you ask your friend if what she saw in the pilot was everything they showed in all the promos? I'm curious if they only showed us the first two episodes.

• Love 1

I asked and she said it seems like all from the pilot but she's not sure she watched all the trailers. Some scenes look a bit different so might not be the pilot but feels similar. From what she saw there is some Sara scenes from the pilot we haven't seen. 

Matt Mitovich ‏@MattMitovich  5h

Bah, the cat is out of the bag: White Canary has a fight scene while stoned (in the '70s). Still, comedy gold. #LegendsOfTomorrow #TCA16

I wonder if that the fight scene they released or it's another one after she gets high with young Stein. 

I love this one. 

Matt Mitovich ‏@MattMitovich  6h

I LOL every time Captain Cold refers to Ray Palmer as "Haircut." #LegendsOfTomorrow #TCA16/

I like this one too. 

Matt Mitovich ‏@MattMitovich  6h6 hours ago

.@GBerlanti affirms it will be harder for ARROW/FLASH to weave in time-traveling LEGENDS characters moving forward. #TCA16

Hopefully that means that the Arrow and Flash characters won't be making too many appearances. 

Edited by MarkHB
  • Love 2

Yeah, watching it again she does seem high. But that's great Sara can still kick ass while on drugs. I'm also guessing it's because she's high she decides to put on her White Canary outfit to go out drinking. She was dressed in 70's clothes when she left with young Stein. 

Are the Rogues along to keep an eye on her? If so, good job boys.

I think they were hoping she'd get into a fight. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
Sara being high would explain the fight, as well as hitting on that dude's girlfriend in the first place. Are the Rogues along to keep an eye on her? If so, good job boys

How screwed up does a person, or a situation, have to be for Captain Cold and Heatwave to be acceptable chaperones?  :)

Another thought that occurred to me. Hawkman told everyone they first met Savage in Egypt, before they had wings and he was immortal. A specific place and time. And thanks to Rip they've got a time machine. So why not just pop back to Egypt and capture (or kill) Savage before the rocks hit? On the other hand, and this is the sci fi geek in me talking, that creates the possibility of a paradox, though so does the central premise of the show. If they actually manage to stop Savage then they are preventing the circumstance which brought them together in the first place, which would mean they wouldn't have been able to stop Savage...I really need to know the rules of time travel for it to make any more sense than that.

• Love 1

Episode 3 description:

http://dclegendstv.com/2016/01/15/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-3-spoilers-blood-ties/

SNART VISITS HIS PAST; STEIN AND RAY TEAM UP — Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides to weaken Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) by going after his financial assets. Rip and Sara (Caity Lotz) infiltrate Savage’s bank, but are discovered by his men. Meanwhile, Snart (Wentworth Miller) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) talk Jax (Franz Drameh) into taking the jump ship back to Central City so they can steal a valuable emerald. Professor Stein (Victor Garber) guides Ray (Brandon Routh) on a dangerous mission.

Edited by Proteus

The Sara/Rip scene must be the one from the trailer. Which is weird since it was heavily in the previews and I was implied too that all the big scenes were from the pilot. That scene not being in the pilot relaxes me a bit. And the fact that they don't mention the Hawk. I think they have been listening since the Cross over.

This one sounds interesting.

We haven’t had plans to see them yet, but we do have plans to visit Star City in the fairly distant future, to see the consequences of the removal of our Legends from their own timelines.

So they make themselves not exist? I guess that shows that they do matter and weren't just picked because no one would care if they were gone. I wonder with Sara not existing is there the chance to go with Oliver and Because Comics? {shudders} I haven't heard about KC being in any more eps besides a few minutes in the pilot so hopefully not. I suppose they can just mention it to drive the shippers crazy. 

I also hope that Sara tells future Van Dyke beard Oliver, "I can't talk to you with that thing on your face". 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I agree that Sara is probably the only trained for infiltration, but wouldn't Ray be the best suited for sneaking into places?

I seriously want him to shrink and be carried around in someone's purse or pocket...

• Love 2

I seriously want him to shrink and be carried around in someone's purse or pocket...

In the comics, he has a long history of riding on Hawkman's shoulder, but that version doesn't use a flying suit.   What I really want to see is him traveling by phone call!

• Love 1

In the comics, he has a long history of riding on Hawkman's shoulder, but that version doesn't use a flying suit.   What I really want to see is him traveling by phone call!

Since they will be hitting the 80's, how about by Fax Machine? 

• Love 3

Well if we are going to be in the 80s or 90s, can we just have him travel via Zack Morris size cell phone? Because the proportions on those visuals would probably be hysterical. Or maybe your basic pager... so many options.

I wonder how much budget they have allotted for size gags related to the Atom's size. Or if shrinkage is their way of avoiding having to pay to make the suit work from a CGI perspective.

It's likely they'll use his shrinking the same way shows typically save money on invisibility. Practical effects of moving things on a set without seeing them, hearing his voice, and then a stock shot of him growing back to full size.

Jonah Hex cast.

Legends of Tomorrow - Johnathon Schaech Cast as Jonah Hex

Legends of Tomorrow has found its Jonah Hex.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Johnathon Schaech has been cast in The CW's upcoming superhero team-up series as the Western antihero. The popular DC Comics character is slated to appear in the Old West-set episode 11, with the possibility to recur beyond that.

Here's the character description: A true legends of the Old West, a morally ambiguous gunslinger with a penchant for danger. Surprisingly, he knows a thing or two about time travel and the future, but is at home in the Wild West. He’s been battling outlaws and gangs for awhile now, and advises the team to be extra careful when they arrive in the small town of Salvation.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/legends-of-tomorrow-johnathon-schaech.html

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

TV Line spoiler article and spoilers in the gallery for all characters. Looks like Snart is going to have a crush on Sara:

http://tvline.com/2016/01/20/legends-of-tomorrow-preview-character-guide/

http://tvline.com/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-season-1-preview/#!4/legends-of-tomorrow-season-1-preview-9/

LEONARD SNART/CAPTAIN COLD (WENTWORTH MILLER)

Captain Cold... and Sara Lance? The unlikely twosome definitely show off some chemistry in the pilot as the beginnings of "a crush" on Leonard's part is born, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg describes. "He likes her because she is dangerous. He doesn't meet too many people who he respects, and he certainly respects her. … There's a couple of relationship things that happen along the way that are probably going to be a little unexpected."

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

TV Line spoiler article and spoilers in the gallery for all characters. Looks like Snart is going to have a crush on Sara:

http://tvline.com/2016/01/20/legends-of-tomorrow-preview-character-guide/

http://tvline.com/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-season-1-preview/#!4/legends-of-tomorrow-season-1-preview-9/

LEONARD SNART/CAPTAIN COLD (WENTWORTH MILLER)

Captain Cold... and Sara Lance? The unlikely twosome definitely show off some chemistry in the pilot as the beginnings of "a crush" on Leonard's part is born, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg describes. "He likes her because she is dangerous. He doesn't meet too many people who he respects, and he certainly respects her. … There's a couple of relationship things that happen along the way that are probably going to be a little unexpected."

Guggie spoke about how surprised he was by the Rip and Sara relationship. I wonder if there's some sort of love triangle in the cards. Normally, I hate those, but this could actually be interesting; particularly since Wentworth included Rip as one of the people that Cold would come to care about.