Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Lindsey Cascaddan

Donny Ketchum
  • Start Topic

I just read her profile and it reads like a computer was used to select phrases and words randomly from all previous Survivor profiles, and threw them together regardless of meaning.  Either she's punking us or she is one big messy bag o' cliches.*

*personally, I'm betting on the bag

• Love 2

Is this the one who boasted something like, "There is no one on the planet who is mentally stronger than I am"?

What is wrong with people?  Do they have such a narrow scope of focus that they've never heard of, oh, you know, like prisoners of war or the Dalai Lama? 

I'm sure that being a single mom is hard, and that dressing hair requires unrivalled mental focus, but tone down the hyperbole, will ya?

• Love 3

Ah, so she's the crazy screaming one.  The Lindsey's I can remember being on this show all seem to have the same personality around camp-loud, confrontational, acting like they're the hardest worker and the biggest asset to lose.  Except they're just a lot of hot air.  She will probably be good for drama down the road, especially mixing with the other tribes if she makes it that far.  I can see why she's the only BC girl to have gotten as much screen time as she has.  If she makes the jury, she's my pick to give the super bitter speech.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Are Kelly, Dan, and/or Mike hoping to keep Rodney as a goat? Otherwise, I have a hard time figuring out why Lindsey was sent home over him, as she has performed better than him in challenges and hasn't been any more vocal than him.

Edited by jsm1125

Wasn't fond of her parting words, it's the usual "I wouldn't change a thing" variety that makes me wonder, if you acted/reacted differently to what happened at camp, perhaps you'd still be alive in the game.

• Love 2

I didn't like Lindsey but never has a verbal meltdown been more justified.  The look on the 3 men's faces like they pulled off the greatest Survivor play ever made me wish Jeff had given them a more a bigger verbal beat down about playing a good social game.  I really wish Kelly hadn't helped cause a 3-way tie and voted with the other 2 girls to blindside Rodney.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I was completely surprised by how the Blue Collar vote went down, though I guess I shouldn't have been considering Lindsey pissed off all 3 men at one point or another.  I just expected Dan and Mike to stay at the bottom of this tribe after the first 4 episodes, I expected Kelly to stick with the women for some reason, and I expected Rodney to stick with the young women after he said he wanted to use the Hantz strategy in Episode 1.  None of this was right.

They really should have voted out Rodney though.  No loss in taking out a physical threat just before a tribe swap, and they had to have seen it coming (Mike even predicted it).

• Love 3

I know Lindsey has a deluded vision of herself as the most awesome person ever but I was still surprised to hear her go out of the game early saying, "I wouldn't have done anything different."  Her constantly confrontational manner over every single thing from who watches the fire the most to Rodney's  "Hold women to a higher standard,"  -- which he clearly doesn't even understand -- lost her a chance at a million dollars, but if she had it to do over again she would do exactly the same thing.  She's a perfect example of someone who would rather be right than happy.

• Love 3

When someone like Rodney starts spouting offensive crap, the smart Survivor contestant eggs them on since they're digging their own grave. A dumb one confronts them like Lindsay did. 

• Love 2

I can't blame someone for not being able to be a 'smart Survivor player' in the face of some things. And honestly, I really understated and respect someone who isn't willing to let shit slide just because they're playing Survivor.

I'm anxious to see her exit interviews. I wonder what she'll have to say about the overwhelming sexism of the men on her tribe.

• Love 2

I can't blame someone for not being able to be a 'smart Survivor player' in the face of some things. And honestly, I really understated and respect someone who isn't willing to let shit slide just because they're playing Survivor.

Unfortunately Lindsay made Roidney look a like smart Survivor player. He egged her on to her demise. Confronting him benefited no one but Roidney. 

Remember that if you keep your mouth shut, you'll be around when these jerks get their comeuppance in tribal council. Shoot your mouth off and you'll have to wait months to see it on television. 

• Love 2

Wasn't fond of her parting words, it's the usual "I wouldn't change a thing" variety that makes me wonder, if you acted/reacted differently to what happened at camp, perhaps you'd still be alive in the game.

Not that I think she played it well, but I'm proud of her for saying that, myself.  I still like Lindsey and she was absolutely right both times she got in arguments, just prone to sort of stupid/childish stuff like the "your God and his beard" and "did your mother raise you like that?" personal attacks.  That's the only thing I would change, Lindsey.

Also I will say this in the episode thread but wasn't it sort of amazing to have Probst giving a tribe the "I'm not mad, just disappointed in you" treatment over voting out a woman for once?

• Love 5

Not that I think she played it well, but I'm proud of her for saying that, myself.  I still like Lindsey and she was absolutely right both times she got in arguments, just prone to sort of stupid/childish stuff like the "your God and his beard" and "did your mother raise you like that?" personal attacks.  That's the only thing I would change, Lindsey.

Also I will say this in the episode thread but wasn't it sort of amazing to have Probst giving a tribe the "I'm not mad, just disappointed in you" treatment over voting out a woman for once?

If Lindsey is right in saying Rodney was a lot worse with his comments, I'm wondering if that was the tip of the iceberg of what went down at tribal.  I really hope those comments get touched on at the reunion show.  Regardless, I am glad Jeff, in his host-like way, did give them a little smack down over it.

Lindsey was meh for me, so I'm not sorry she's gone.  But if it could have been Rodney, I would have glad kept her and her loose temper around.  That would have been more entertaining than Rodney's sexist take on women and his bromances. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2