Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: Eating and Fighting

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Had enough of the Intergalactic Persian Pop Princess? I find Asa's wackiness more entertaining than Gigi's bitchfest.

Out of pure fear I won't say anything about youknowwho... with the knife collection...hahaha!

Kidding, a little.

The little crazy chihuahua grates too, and it looks like she's upping the insanity this season.

Out of pure fear I won't say anything about youknowwho... with the knife collection...hahaha!

Kidding, a little.

The little crazy chihuahua grates too, and it looks like she's upping the insanity this season.

A crazy chihuahua is a perfect description of Gigi.

Mike.  Evidently sleeps around a lot and at least Reza seems very aware of it.  Likely wanted to marry Jessica figuring it might "cure" or ground him.  Also probably figured a wife might improve his career since he doesn't seem to be very good at selling real estate.

Golnesa.  She's a female stud who plows through bad boys, because she's the biggest badass walking.  She's a pit bull that everyone is afraid of physically or verbally.  She's so hard yet she has a vulnerable side that the right guy can reach.  Yeah, right!  Golnesa is the biggest phony, the biggest faker.  She thinks she's all these things yet no one else thinks that at all.  No one is afraid of her, no one is impressed by her and I didn't even touch upon her obsession with Mike.  Ever since Mike was dating her sister when she was a teenager she's carried a torch and to this day is furious that Mike is sleeping with every woman in Southern California except her.

MJ.  Because of her tough relationship with her mother, has major self-esteem issues so she dates the schmuckiest guy she can find, and even he cheats on her!  But because her relationships are always doomed, she goes out of her way to instigate and sabotage everyone else's relationship.  Whether it be doing everything in her power to get Reza to have sex with other dudes at his bachelor party despite her supposedly caring about Adam, or starting that whole s-storm with GG and her BF from last season, she simply cannot stand to see any of her friends have a happy relationship.  Reza is her best friend and she is viciously jealous of Asa who is also Reza's best friend and she can't stand it because Asa offers things she can't, so she also goes out of her way to split Asa and Reza up out of pure immature childish jealousy.  And Asa and MJ's past friendship will always take a backseat to MJ's petty jealousies.

Jessica.  Typical girl raised that being a wife is the ultimate goal in life.  She found her husband in Mike and believes she can change him to suit her needs which requires him to dump his friends.  A season ago I hated her for this.  This past season I see that as unlikable as she is, she is correct to want to get Mike away from them.  They are awful people.

Asifa and Bobby.  She just can't get over him sleeping with her "friend" years ago and wants to punish him daily rather than just deal with the pain and get over it.  This is a treadmill that will continue for years until something changes.  Bobby clings to hope that she actually will stop with the crap which is why he sticks around.  While it meant nothing to him, Asifa won't change until he at least acknowledges the hurt that he caused from dating that gym girl.

Reza.  He is the center of their universe.  All of the cast snipe at each other year after year, all to bathe in Reza's glow.  And when they are able to be embraced by it once again, they will do anything to stay in that light which usually manifests as singling out someone else and making sure Reza's wrath is directed at anyone but them.  And notice how powerful they feel when they are at Reza's side.  

Shervin.  Shervin is the greatest guy on this show, he's the only one with any sense, is even-tempered and super nice.  I have no idea why he's wasting his time with these truly horrible people.

• Love 1

What, no Asa??

But I agree with your assessment of these folks, especially Reza and GG. As for Asifa, she actually makes me slightly miss Lilly...what a waste of a casting spot.

(edited)

I'm responding to your post but think it might be in the wrong thread and you meant to put it in the reunion (s) thread, not here, the older seasons one.

I hate Asifa and think shes repugnant and malicious but Bobby is almost as horrible for constantly playing the victim and dragging everyone into their relationship. Not quite as bad as abusing an innocent dog or the verbal bitchslaps she delivers daily to anyone in her presence, but he's a shitty person too. I don't think he's clinging to hope that she'll change but addicted to the dysfunction and feeling of being right, which is why he's with such a shrew and actively advertises her atrocious behavior to anyone who will listen. Also maybe he's scared he can't do better or is deep down a shitty person also.

Edited by Petunia13

The only person I've ever liked on this show was MJ's Dad.  LOVED him.  Wish that he could've been my dad.  I was actually devastated to hear that he had passed away.  The wrong parent died.  There, I've said it.

• Love 3

I don't know why, but they were playing a marathon of season three last week. Wow, I forgot how insufferable Asa was and how melodramatic it was when they went to Turkey and looked forlornly over the Iranian border (I never think of Turkey and Iran sharing a border, for some reason).

• Like 2
(edited)
On 6/21/2024 at 8:27 AM, Gharlane said:

I don't know why, but they were playing a marathon of season three last week. Wow, I forgot how insufferable Asa was and how melodramatic it was when they went to Turkey and looked forlornly over the Iranian border (I never think of Turkey and Iran sharing a border, for some reason).

And Season 4 the next day. I watched. I saw promos on Bravo about shows on Peacock. Old Bravo shows including this. I assume Bravo was promoting it, so that people would watch all seasons on Peacock.  

The show was canceled because of Mike's domestic abuse arrest. It was when Bravo was "sensitive" about such issues for a couple of years.

Jessica is not nice. She called the whole cast trashy, uneducated, low class, etc. AFTER she got a ring from Mike.

The two countries share a long border. SE for Turkey, NW for Iran.

Edited by ZettaK

I absolutely loathe Reza.  He's a complete shit who does dreadful things to people and then stands back and says "I'm only trying to help."

Case in point.  When Asa says she wants to photograph GG for her show, Reza the Toddlin' Turd immediately butts in and snots at Asa why is she photographing GG for her Relationship show.  None of your effing BUSINESS, asshat.  But when GG asks him why he has a problem with her being photographed, he immediately jumps down her throat.

Also, I find his constant calling of women BITCHES annoying.  

• Like 2
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The show was canceled because of Mike's domestic abuse arrest. It was when Bravo was "sensitive" for a couple of years about such issues.

Wow, I must have forgotten about that or quit watching at that point! 😲

I watched some of the episodes they aired last week. I forgot about a lot,   Like MJ dating before Tommy. Reza calling off the wedding to Adam and GG taking the lie detectors. I totally forgot about the annoying Asiata and Bobby.  I actually miss this show. I don’t know if they could bring it back.  Reza was pretty horrible to MJ when she was having her son and I always thought they were real friends. Not sure they could come back from that. Mikes domestic abuse was also too dark for the show.

• Like 2
On 6/21/2024 at 3:10 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Also, I find his constant calling of women BITCHES annoying.  

I'm guilty too. I said it because Jessica was saying that the whole cast was trashy, uneducated, etc. after she got a ring from Mike. Viewers also thought that she wanted to get her own show with Mike. I will edit.

14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I watched some of the episodes they aired last week. I forgot about a lot,   Like MJ dating before Tommy. Reza calling off the wedding to Adam and GG taking the lie detectors. I totally forgot about the annoying Asiata and Bobby.  I actually miss this show. I don’t know if they could bring it back.  Reza was pretty horrible to MJ when she was having her son and I always thought they were real friends. Not sure they could come back from that. Mikes domestic abuse was also too dark for the show.

I watched the reruns, and I'm watching more episodes On Demand. I miss the show too.

• Like 1