Type keyword(s) to search

The Whispers In The Media

(edited)

Unfortunately the noise from the premiere didn't last into Episode 2 -- 'The Whispers' dropped 33% in the ratings (from 1.5 to 1.0), dropped 60% in ratings share (from 5 to 2) and lost 1.3 million viewers week over week (from 5.75 million to 4.36 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/09/tv-ratings-monday-the-whispers-falls-the-bachelorette-so-you-think-you-can-dance-down-the-island-up-american-ninja-warrior-steady/414130/

ETA: Final ratings updated -- 18-49 ratings stayed the same, 18-49 ratings share upgraded from 2 to 3 (only 40% drop week over week), but total viewers lost increased from 1.3 to 1.4 million.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/09/monday-final-ratings-american-ninja-warrior-adjusted-up-the-island-adjusted-down/414653/

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
I don't see a point of watching it anymore, but it's good because it frees the actors to hopefully move on to something better.

Kristin Connolly who plays Lena in the Whispers moved on to Zoo -- which is definitely not something better.  She's terrible in both roles.

• Love 3

Kristin Connolly who plays Lena in the Whispers moved on to Zoo -- which is definitely not something better.  She's terrible in both roles.

I didn't realize that was her, oh well maybe for the other actors.

I have to laugh at that article, because it sounds like Rabe and Ventimiglia do not want to come back at all, and most of the actors would rather move onto other projects. If none of them seem interested in returning, then it's better to either create a whole new season 2 with all new characters, or just put the show out of its misery.

• Love 1

I have to laugh at that article, because it sounds like Rabe and Ventimiglia do not want to come back at all, and most of the actors would rather move onto other projects. If none of them seem interested in returning, then it's better to either create a whole new season 2 with all new characters, or just put the show out of its misery.

I honestly don't see the point, they already built up these characters even if they're not good.  I can't blame them for wanting to leave.

(edited)

I agree, most of the actors are already looking elsewhere or have other small roles they have been cast in. Best bet with ABC, just let it die, run off the last episodes and then be done with it. They tried but bad writing and actors seeming to act like they don't want to be there and this huge of a drop in ratings, time to consider it over.

Edited by readster
  • Love 2

I think the fact that several of the actors are getting/looking for other work has really nothing to do with the quality or lack of quality of the show. The show was filmed last year, so the actors would need to work in other projects to ensure a paycheck. The timing is what was the problem. Most mid season replacements air before the actors' contracts are up for renewal, so the issue of keeping certain actors is rarely a problem. With this being a summer show, ABC had to decide if the show was to return for a second season after only airing 5 episodes. If they renewed the contracts before the expiration date then they would have to do another season despite the ratings. 

This show will be done after it airs the 13 episodes it has already filmed because of the ratings, not because of the actors' seeming lack of interest. 

• Love 2

Oh yeah -- the ratings for 'After the Final Rose' trounce The Whispers in the 18-49 ratings (2.4 vs. 0.8 for the Whispers) and more than 5 million more total viewers.

Exactly, all the more reason to.

Was it really pre-empted? The Bachelor/ette finales are always 3 hours long, so I would assume that the intention from the time the schedule was set was to use the 10-11 pm hour for the ATFR. In other words, this likely was not a response to the crappy ratings.

At Wizard World Chicago last weekend, Milo basically confirmed there are no plans for a second season and the actors are not under contract for anything beyond the 13 episodes.

Thought so, we already knew that the contracts expired though.

I will see this season through, but I could not take another season with some of these adult actors and very frustrating story. It's best that it's one-and-done.

Same, the Drill thing can't last for seasons especially after going after the President's daughter even with the threat of other Drills, it would just be more of a repetitive mess.