Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Cast & Crew in Other Projects

• Start Topic

So I was watching a rerun of Gilmore Girls the other day, from back when Rory was in high school, and all the sudden its hits me: the woman who plays Sammi played Francci the mean girl on a couple episodes! My mind? blown. 

• Love 1

I was reading an article with John Well regarding the finale and he stated Noel Fisher's reluctance to admit to a season six yet is the reason he finished the Mickey/Ian storyline the way he did. I was just curious, I've seen Noel Fisher in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (loved that film) but asides from that what else has he lined up?

It looks like TMNT is going to be a multi-movie franchise.  A sequel is already in production, which I'm assuming Noel is returning for.

Who knows what their shooting schedule will be, which could explain Noel's reluctance to commit to season 6.  He was able to juggle both shooting schedules last year (he said he did Turtles, then jumped immediately back into season 4 of Shameless), but maybe there is a conflict this time around?  Maybe he's already under contract with the movie studio to finish out several turtle installments, so they are his first priority now.  Maybe the filming schedule was too grueling last time.  Or maybe he simply wants to move on.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting to get a lot more film offers now and wants to strike when the iron is hot.

But the way John Well ended the Mickey/Ian relationship was a disgrace.  The breakup was written so poorly and flippantly discarded that I wonder if that was a passive-aggressive F-U to Noel for not committing.

John Wells gave Cameron nearly all of season four off to film his chosen projects and also allowed Ethan to finish filming season five in advance so he could return to high school earlier. If anything I think Wells is quite accomodating to what his cast can work and tries to work out their storylines accordingly. If Noel Fisher decided he'd only do half of season six I'd say Wells would write a storyline to suit that. I know the storyline didn't finish the way fans wanted but I'd say that's more for drama sake like the Kev/Vee split was. I don't think it's a passive aggressive dig at Fisher wanting to expand his growing career and on the long shot that it was I don't think Fisher would be that devastated either way. With the way the season ended for Mickey, Fisher would probably have greater dramatic material to work with anyway which is what most actors prefer. Especially one as talented as he is..

I saw Cameron in the Gotham trailer so it looks like he will be playing the young Joker again. It is a great high profile role for him. It could put him in line for the movie version eventually given all the remakes of Batman that seem to be on the horizon. 

I doubt he would be cast in the movies, as studios usually like to keep TV and film spheres separate. And Gotham tends to under-performs and wasn't as big of a hit as they were anticipating (and has a lot of critics). But that's cool that he is getting more work, even if he's not going to get cast over someone like Jared Lehto.

Steve Kazee (Gus) will be starring in a Broadway musical version of Pretty Woman with Samantha Barks

Producer Paula Wagner announced a new musical based on one of the most beloved romantic comedies of all time, Garry Marshall's Pretty Woman, which will arrive on Broadway following its World Premiere stage production in Chicago in the spring of 2018.

PRETTY WOMAN: THE MUSICAL will star rising stage, television and film actress Samantha Barks as 'Vivian' opposite Tony Award winner and Grammy Award winner Steve Kazee as 'Edward'.

PRETTY WOMAN: THE MUSICAL has original music and lyrics by Grammy Award winner Bryan Adams and his longtime songwriting partner Jim Vallance, book by Garry Marshall and the film's screenwriter J.F. Lawton, is directed and choreographed by two-time Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell and will begin performances Tuesday, March 13, 2018, for a strictly limited 5-week engagement at Chicago's Oriental Theatre (24 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL).

PRETTY WOMAN: THE MUSICAL will begin performances on Broadway in the fall of 2018 at a Nederlander Theater to be announced.

"From the first time I saw this magical movie I felt it cried out to be a musical. Pretty Woman is a classic story with a very contemporary message. I think we all want to fall deeply in love with someone - it is something you never stop hoping for," said director/choreographer Jerry Mitchell. "I got to work with Garry for over a year on this musical adaptation and experienced firsthand his sense of humor, his joy, his uplifting attitude in life, and mostly his love for these characters...I want that to infuse what I am doing with Pretty Woman: THE MUSICAL as he is the true heart of this story."

"PRETTY WOMAN is an iconic title, and after attending an early workshop, I was passionate for the Nederlander Organization to host this new musical, not only in Chicago but also on Broadway," said theatre producer and operator James L Nederlander. "This adaptation has all the heart of the film wrapped in a big, musical comedy."

Author Martha Raddatz, showrunner Mikko Alanne, Eric Bourquin & Aaron Fowler (two of the people who the characters are based on), and actors Noel Fisher, Kate Bosworth, EJ Bonilla (fun fact: he guest starred as Jesus in S3.E10 of Shameless), Michael Kelly, and Jon Beavers discuss the new NatGeo show The Long Road Home (which begins airing on November 7) on Build:

A behind the scenes featurette about the show:

Sorry if this comment seems a bit random -- I've been working my way through Shameless (now 2/3 through Season 5) and am a historian.  This seemed like the only thread where I could post this comment: If the series Victoria ever lasts long enough to show Queen Victoria's children as adults, they should cast Jeremy Allen White as a young Edward VII because holy fuck, he looks  just like him.  Wonder how good his British accent is?

• Love 2
On 9/28/2017 at 6:26 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Steve Kazee (Gus) will be starring in a Broadway musical version of Pretty Woman with Samantha Barks

Producer Paula Wagner announced a new musical based on one of the most beloved romantic comedies of all time, Garry Marshall's Pretty Woman, which will arrive on Broadway following its World Premiere stage production in Chicago in the spring of 2018.

PRETTY WOMAN: THE MUSICAL has original music and lyrics by Grammy Award winner Bryan Adams and his longtime songwriting partner Jim Vallance, book by Garry Marshall and the film's screenwriter J.F. Lawton, is directed and choreographed by two-time Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell and will begin performances Tuesday, March 13, 2018, for a strictly limited 5-week engagement at Chicago's Oriental Theatre (24 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL).

PRETTY WOMAN: THE MUSICAL will begin performances on Broadway in the fall of 2018 at a Nederlander Theater to be announced.

Tickets for the pre-Broadway run in Chicago are now on sale!

Get two seats for $99 with the code HEART:

2 middle balcony tickets for $99 to Pretty Woman. Offer is valid on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday evening performances through March 25, Friday March 30 and Sunday April 1 performances. Tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, February 14 at 11:59pm.

Wasn’t sure where to post this , so Emmy Rossum is leaving Shameless after this season (9)? . She fought for a better salary yes? Now it’s just wanting to move on to more projects . I do LOVE her on Shameless and cannot picture the show without Fiona ... would i even watch ? Is this the final season ?   I love watching Emmy Rossum yell “ motherf^^ker!!!” Hahaha