Type keyword(s) to search

"Me and the Cookie Monster": Lucious and Cookie

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

Oooh yay!! I was looking for a thread like this.

Every scene they are in has me riveted. I LOVE how Cookie is her cantankerous self around him, but he just takes it in stride and usually tells her she's beautiful or some other compliment... that scene where she kicked the car after he complemented her and then smiled as she stalked away was just so awesome.

And don't get me started on the promo for next week. Lawd Cheesus I might need CPR.

• Love 3

Ahhh Im torn.

I totally ship Lucious and Cookie, but I don't want Cookie to give him any, not yet anyway. I dont want her to be too available to him. She needs to sleep with someone else, and let Lucious get jealous before she gives in. Let him get a taste of his own medicine.

• Love 4

Terrence is doing such a great job in his scenes with Taraji. IMHO, the fact that she's the love of his life just oozes off him. The way he tolerates her crazy and just seems to love it when she tears it up, even though he might protest at the moment, speaks volumes. Cookie has him trained in that way you can only train a guy who worships the ground you walk on, so that when she throws a shoe at him or kicks his car he's just loving her more. lol Anyway, he doesn't deserve her, and he's a general ass who did leave her twisting in the wind...but I still think he belongs with her -- after he suffers for a suitable length of time.

Edited by tmelange
  • Love 4

As mentioned, the chemistry between these two is amazing. All the looks and touches drive me freaking insane. I end up watching their scenes multiple times in order to catch all of the touches.

I'm not sure if I want them together for good but I do want to see them hook-up and have some wild angry sex.

I definitely want to see Lucious' reaction to Cookie meeting, dating and having sex with another guy. I don't think he will like it one bit and believe his reaction will be golden. I want to see everyone else's reaction to all this as well.

• Love 4
As mentioned, the chemistry between these two is amazing. All the looks and touches drive me freaking insane. I end up watching their scenes multiple times in order to catch all of the touches.

Aaaaah, me too! All of their scenes are just electric.

But yeah, I don't know if I want them back together permanently. I don't like that he just cut her out of his life when she went to jail - a sacrifice she made for him and their family.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. 

• Love 1

The thing that makes me actually like Lucious is that he's so completely in love with Cookie.  He's definitely a man living a dual life - with Annika he's trying to be cool, calm and collected - a new man - bougie and upstanding... and kinda fake.  With Cookie, he seems more like himself - that interview where he finally was real about why there is violence in rap/hip hop (I'll try to ignore that nowadays it feels less and less like an honest expression and more like it's commercially packaged gangsta rap) - it shows that Cookie brings out the good in him - the Malcolm X to her Angela Davis... that scene where that rapper disrespected Cookie in the elevator and while Cookie was there he pretended like he was fine with it but then when she left he turned on the dude and fired him.

I just love their scenes.

I don't want them to get together immediately - I want Cookie to get with someone else first (hello Derek Luke!) and make his triflin behind suffer.

And I'm suspicious that he doesn't really have ALS. I think someone has been slowly poisoning him and the symptoms of that manifest like he has ALS.

• Love 4

I'm gonna feeling they'll eventually reunite (or come close to) only for Cookie to find out that Lucious killed Bunky.

Yep that what I think too. There at 12 eps this season. My guess the hook up in ep 11 only for it to come out in the season finale that he killed Bunkie.

Yep that what I think too. There at 12 eps this season. My guess the hook up in ep 11 only for it to come out in the season finale that he killed Bunkie.

Yep - and she will keep it all a secret for her sons' sakes. Especially since Andre gave a false alibi.

• Love 1

I'm gonna feeling they'll eventually reunite (or come close to) only for Cookie to find out that Lucious killed Bunky. 

Yep.  The Bunky Cock Block.

But we'll probably learn that Bunky was in on the plan to poison Lucious (this is a soap opera! of course he doesn't have ALS) and the couple will reunite.

Edited by CofCinci

Lucious being poisoned is the only way he could recover without pissing me off -- and I have no stake in ALS.  Think of how all the real people dealing with the disease would react.

I wonder what would have gone down if it was just Lucious when Cookie wore that hot nothing?  I think she would have made sure it turned him on then bounced out laughing.

• Love 2

They jumped onto the bed a little sooner than I thought and Boo Boo Kitty knows. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Again, the two actors have incredible chemistry. Is Terrence a method actor?

• Love 1

I knew Cookie and Lucious would hook up this season, but its sooner then I expected. I thought it would be closer to the finale.

And according to the preview he's the only man she's ever been with, which is what I thought. He doesn't deserve her, but it makes since why she can't let go. She's in her forties and only been with one man, thats big. Cookie and Lucious are hot. After 17 years I am glad  Cookie got her some. Lucious better had put it down.

• Love 5

I'm not really on the ship either, long term.  Cookie does deserve a better man.  HOWEVER, I can really fall all the way into the momentary romance of the two of them in a vacuum.  Removing the wrong doings of the past and present, the 17 year separation, current relationship status, and even the boys Lucius and Cookie are soul mates - a true pairing.  They will never be neutral about each other and never fully get over each other.  They generate heat and passion galore and Lucius forgets himself in her presence.  And this pun is fully intentional: Terrence and Taraji = T-N-T = dynamite.  Their chemistry is ridiculous.  It demands attention.  So yeah the sex had to happen because the tension would eventually grow to the point of being obstructive to the rest of the narrative.

That said, they are not in a vacuum and what has happened, what is happening, and (with ALS) what will happen means that ultimately they can never be a bona fide couple again.  If love were enough they would be inseparable (and unstoppable) but love is NOT enough.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 10

Since this is a soap, the chances are great that if they do get together, they'll almost immediately break up. But I don't want my Cookie getting mixed up with Lucious beyond this "ex's with benefits" thing.  I want Cookie to move onward and upward to a man who won't break her heart (because we know Lucious would do that again, if given the chance.)

• Love 2

I have to say, the Cookie/Lucious reunion was everything I'd hoped - from the reminiscing to their brief slow dancing to their urgency when they got to the bedroom - I just loved all of it. 

Now, I still think Cookie needs to steer clear of him long-term, but their reconciliation was wonderful.

And my heart SANG when Anika caught them.

• Love 3

Anika is going to have them split by the end of the next episode.  Lucious has a very big problem and its that Anika knows about his ALS and her daddy is giving Lucious a clean bill of health.  An angry Anika will torpedo the IPO and she strikes me as the type to put up with Lucious dallying with young stupid things but no way will she put up with Cookie.  But she'll hold on to Lucious and to her position in the company even if its through blackmail.  And Lucious will choose his legacy over Cookie.

• Love 3
Anika is going to have them split by the end of the next episode.  Lucious has a very big problem and its that Anika knows about his ALS and her daddy is giving Lucious a clean bill of health.  An angry Anika will torpedo the IPO and she strikes me as the type to put up with Lucious dallying with young stupid things but no way will she put up with Cookie.  But she'll hold on to Lucious and to her position in the company even if its through blackmail.  And Lucious will choose his legacy over Cookie.

I could totally see that. The preview definitely hints that Anika has something up her sleeve.

I'm also intrigued by the preview of Jamal warning Cookie to steer clear of Lucious. I wonder how Cookie will respond to that.

Anika is going to have them split by the end of the next episode.  Lucious has a very big problem and its that Anika knows about his ALS and her daddy is giving Lucious a clean bill of health.  An angry Anika will torpedo the IPO and she strikes me as the type to put up with Lucious dallying with young stupid things but no way will she put up with Cookie.  But she'll hold on to Lucious and to her position in the company even if its through blackmail.  And Lucious will choose his legacy over Cookie.

Not to mention, Lucius is only going to be around for a short while longer.  She's looking to spend out the rest of her days as his wealthy widow, not as the long suffering wife of a philanderer.

• Love 1

Not to mention, Lucius is only going to be around for a short while longer.  She's looking to spend out the rest of her days as his wealthy widow, not as the long suffering wife of a philanderer.

Yes.  This is what makes it so clear that Anika will tolerate anything to stay with Lucious until he dies (an inherit).  I think she would pretend she didn't know about any other dalliance; but, with Cookie there is the risk that Lucious will leave Annika for her so she is going to use any dirty trick necessary to put an end to it.

I'm not really on the ship either, long term.  Cookie does deserve a better man.  HOWEVER, I can really fall all the way into the momentary romance of the two of them in a vacuum.  Removing the wrong doings of the past and present, the 17 year separation, current relationship status, and even the boys Lucius and Cookie are soul mates - a true pairing.  They will never be neutral about each other and never fully get over each other.  They generate heat and passion galore and Lucius forgets himself in her presence.  And this pun is fully intentional: Terrence and Taraji = T-N-T = dynamite.  Their chemistry is ridiculous.  It demands attention.  So yeah the sex had to happen because the tension would eventually grow to the point of being obstructive to the rest of the narrative.

That said, they are not in a vacuum and what has happened, what is happening, and (with ALS) what will happen means that ultimately they can never be a bona fide couple again.  If love were enough they would be inseparable (and unstoppable) but love is NOT enough.

I was about to say this, but you said so many things so much better than I could.

One of the things that to me, makes Lucious and Cookie so compelling is the history there. I'm sure it's because their kids are grown up, but they're as believable as parents as they are as (to put it bluntly) sexual beings. Couples on TV, at least that I've noticed, so rarely can be both.

The other compelling thing about them is they have no chance at a happy ending. None. And as others have pointed out, Lucious is a terrible person, and Cookie should not want to be with him -- it's completely unhealthy. And yet, they are entrancing together. They are the ultimate "can't live with them, can't live without them" couple. It's painful to watch them try to stay away from each other as it was that past episode to watch them be together. And I love every minute of it.

• Love 6

One of the things I find hard to understand about Lucious from Cookie's perspective is the fact that her youngest son has no understanding of her. While Cookie could easily hate Lucious for leaving her twisting in the wind, never going to see her and divorcing her, at least that's understandable. A 30-year sentence and the guilt of not being able to protect her and keep his family together the way he promised her he would made a punk of him. Fine. She could probably understand his inability to deal with that and his desire to move on. But not having a kind word to say about her to her youngest son in all those years and letting him grow up hating her -- that would be unforgivable in my eyes. The one thing he should have been able to do if he loved her and realized that she could have gotten a lighter sentence by ratting him out and giving up that stash of money is let her kids know that she loves them and explain how it all went down so she's not vilified just because she was the one of the two of them who got caught.

I want Lucious to want her desperately, and I want her to eventually reject him the way he rejected her. :)

• Love 6

One of the things I find hard to understand about Lucious from Cookie's perspective is the fact that her youngest son has no understanding of her. While Cookie could easily hate Lucious for leaving her twisting in the wind, never going to see her and divorcing her, at least that's understandable. A 30-year sentence and the guilt of not being able to protect her and keep his family together the way he promised her he would made a punk of him. Fine. She could probably understand his inability to deal with that and his desire to move on. But not having a kind word to say about her to her youngest son in all those years and letting him grow up hating her -- that would be unforgivable in my eyes. The one thing he should have been able to do if he loved her and realized that she could have gotten a lighter sentence by ratting him out and giving up that stash of money is let her kids know that she loves them and explain how it all went down so she's not vilified just because she was the one of the two of them who got caught.

I want Lucious to want her desperately, and I want her to eventually reject him the way he rejected her. :)

I'm not happy with how he raised Hakeem, either.

• Love 5

The thing that makes me actually like Lucious is that he's so completely in love with Cookie. He's definitely a man living a dual life - with Annika he's trying to be cool, calm and collected - a new man - bougie and upstanding... and kinda fake. With Cookie, he seems more like himself - that interview where he finally was real about why there is violence in rap/hip hop (I'll try to ignore that nowadays it feels less and less like an honest expression and more like it's commercially packaged gangsta rap) - it shows that Cookie brings out the good in him - the Malcolm X to her Angela Davis... that scene where that rapper disrespected Cookie in the elevator and while Cookie was there he pretended like he was fine with it but then when she left he turned on the dude and fired him.

I just love their scenes.

I don't want them to get together immediately - I want Cookie to get with someone else first (hello Derek Luke!) and make his triflin behind suffer.

And I'm suspicious that he doesn't really have ALS. I think someone has been slowly poisoning him and the symptoms of that manifest like he has ALS.

Wow. That could be true. But then again, the doctors have been doing all kinds of tests. You would think they would be able to spot any kind of funny business in his labs.

Not to mention, Lucius is only going to be around for a short while longer. She's looking to spend out the rest of her days as his wealthy widow, not as the long suffering wife of a philanderer.

Anika is going to have them split by the end of the next episode. Lucious has a very big problem and its that Anika knows about his ALS and her daddy is giving Lucious a clean bill of health. An angry Anika will torpedo the IPO and she strikes me as the type to put up with Lucious dallying with young stupid things but no way will she put up with Cookie. But she'll hold on to Lucious and to her position in the company even if its through blackmail. And Lucious will choose his legacy over Cookie.

I don't think Anika will be able to do that without incriminating her father in the process. She is caught between a rock and hard place right now. Her Dad signed a document fraudulently and could lose his license and all that "bougie" upper crust better than everybody else cache if she does that.

• Love 3

The thing that makes me actually like Lucious is that he's so completely in love with Cookie. He's definitely a man living a dual life - with Annika he's trying to be cool, calm and collected - a new man - bougie and upstanding... and kinda fake. With Cookie, he seems more like himself - that interview where he finally was real about why there is violence in rap/hip hop (I'll try to ignore that nowadays it feels less and less like an honest expression and more like it's commercially packaged gangsta rap) - it shows that Cookie brings out the good in him - the Malcolm X to her Angela Davis... that scene where that rapper disrespected Cookie in the elevator and while Cookie was there he pretended like he was fine with it but then when she left he turned on the dude and fired him.

But see that is exactly what ticks me off at him. Why did he let that guy humiliate her in front of Anika of all people. When Anika started snickering that is when he should have fired the guy right then. Cookie had to deal with all that scorn and derision all alone. He is not right.

• Love 1

But see that is exactly what ticks me off at him. Why did he let that guy humiliate her in front of Anika of all people. When Anika started snickering that is when he should have fired the guy right then. Cookie had to deal with all that scorn and derision all alone. He is not right.

I agree it's not right - but I see that as him trying to be a different man. Plus, he and Cookie do have kind of a love-hate thing going on.

I don't know if they were always like that (I don't think they were), but they definitely are loving-hating right now, but with this undercurrent of tenderness too.

I agree though with others who mentioned how bad it was that Lucious let Hakeem grow up hating his mother - that's unforgivable.

• Love 1

I've been wondering about their marriage and divorce. Did the two of them have any sort of discussion before Cookie went to prison about how Lucious would have his needs met? I doubt she expected him to be a monk until she came home. Did she think he might have casual affairs/mistresses but reserve the title of wife for her alone? The divorce came as a nasty surprise to her, if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 1

I think the divorce came as a surprise because if he had simply asked for one, she would've given him one.

I would assume that they would at least have tried for an appeal and then if she lost that one, she'd let him go. But, thus far, they've written it as very shortly after she was sent to prison, he slowed down his visits to where there were no more visits and the next message she got wasn't from Jamal, but a CO handing her papers or from the prison mail or something.

Now, I won't even get into my usual disgust of how if the situation were reversed, Lucious would've expected complete fidelity for 30 years and a weekly phone call for phone sex, but I've never understood women that deal with dudes in prison, so it may just be me sucking my teeth, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes about that.

• Love 4

I'd expect him to be faithful to me if I had to go to prison for his dreams. After Lucious decided to play with both Anika and Cookie, I'm done with their marriage entirely. The man is self serving, and doesn't deserve the awesomeness of Cookie.

• Love 1

I wouldn't except someone to be apart from me and faithful for 30 years. I don't think Cookie did either. That's a nice fairlytale dream, but not realistic. Her sentence was the end of their relationship. This wasn't a one, three, or ten year sentence, it was 30.  My issue with Lucious wasn't the divorce itself, but the way he went about it. I am sure Cookie could've understood and made peace with the divorce if he had went about the right way. If Lucious had come to see her, looked her in the eye and told her that while he loved her and would always love he needed to move on and let go. Promised that when she got out she would be taken care of and wrote a letter to check up on her on from time to time, sent updates on the kids and put money on her expense account, Cookie would've been hurt still, but I think she wuoldve been okay with it. IMO that was he should have done.....He could've divorced her without acting like she no longer existed.

• Love 4

But she went to jail for him. The least you can do is stick by the woman who rides and dies (rather goes to jail) with you. He basically took her money and said "Bye Felicia!"

It wasn't that their marriage was rocky. They were in love, but when things got worse instead of better, he booked it.

Edited by Limbo

I wouldn't except someone to be apart from me and faithful for 30 years. I don't think Cookie did either. That's a nice fairlytale dream, but not realistic. Her sentence was the end of their relationship. This wasn't a one, three, or ten year sentence, it was 30. My issue with Lucious wasn't the divorce itself, but the way he went about it. I am sure Cookie could've understood and made peace with the divorce if he had went about the right way. If Lucious had come to see her, looked her in the eye and told her that while he loved her and would always love he needed to move on and let go. Promised that when she got out she would be taken care of and wrote a letter to check up on her on from time to time, sent updates on the kids and put money on her expense account, Cookie would've been hurt still, but I think she wuoldve been okay with it. IMO that was he should have done.....He could've divorced her without acting like she no longer existed.

I agree. 30 years - or 17 - is a very long time. I'd expect a split. But he should never have allowed Hakeem to grow up hating her, or treated her so callously. Even if it wasn't realisic for them to stay married (and IMO it isn't), he could have checked up on her every now and then, sent pictures, while moving on on the outside.

She's too good for him anyway. I want her to get with Derek Luke.

• Love 3

She's too good for him anyway. I want her to get with Derek Luke.

Poor Malcolm, messing with Cookie is either gonna get him the Bunkie treatment or his feelings hurt.

Interesting that they had Malcolm tell Cookie in last weeks ep that he noticed the way Lucious looks at Cookie and it was too intense and that Lucious was still in love with her. So I think its safe to say Lucious is not gonna sit by  an wish them well if they get together, especially since he's no longer with Anika. Also  since Malcolm works for Lucious and is trusted by him, Lucious will see it as a betrayel. He may not get the shot in the eyeball, but Lucious for sure will get rid of him.

And I say either that or he gets his feelings hurt, because despite Lucious not treating Cookie right, shes still in love with him, extremely loyal and he's dying. As long as he's still living she's gonna stick by him and put him first.

• Love 2
Interesting that they had Malcolm tell Cookie in last weeks ep that he noticed the way Lucious looks at Cookie and it was too intense and that Lucious was still in love with her.

I found that interesting as well. The writers wouldn't have put those words into Malcolm's mouth if the Lucious-Cookie connection wasn't going to come into play again. And I agree with you, aprilbabe, that this likely won't end well for Malcolm.

Interesting wrinkle that Lucious' misdiagnosis brings to Cookie's relationship with him. I believe as understandably angry as she was for everything he'd done, she would've been there in his final days -- not in any actively romantic sense, but because she did love him, despite herself. Now, knowing he has years ahead of him, and killed her cousin certainly adds something new to their relationship.

One of my favorite scenes from the two-hour finale was Cookie yelling at Lucious that he put Jamal and Hakeem in harm's way by having them to go Beretti's. I don't know if it's a choice that Henson makes consciously, but I feel like a lot of Cookie's anger is actually deep disappointment. Like she can't actually believe that the man she loved so deeply, for whom she went to prison and gave up a huge portion of her life, was such a failure of a father to their kids.

I feel Lucious needs Cookie in his life in some respects to remind him that he needs to do better by his sons. To remind him what it means -- or should mean -- to be a good parent. Lucious is a toxic individual, but I can't help but think he's made at least small strides (or at least he's tried more) in how he relates to each of his sons from the Pilot to the finale, and I have to think a lot of that is Cookie being a voice in his ear.

I hope the show at least keeps that aspect of their relationship viable. Although the show unwittingly gave us the perfect image to sum up the two of them together: Cookie moving a pillow over Lucious' face to smother him, and Lucious grabbing her wrist before she could go through with it.

• Love 3

Interesting wrinkle that Lucious' misdiagnosis brings to Cookie's relationship with him. I believe as understandably angry as she was for everything he'd done, she would've been there in his final days -- not in any actively romantic sense, but because she did love him, despite herself. Now, knowing he has years ahead of him, and killed her cousin certainly adds something new to their relationship.

I agree, despite all of her declarations of him dying alone, if he WAS dying he definitly wouldn't do it alone. She would've taken care of him, its just in her nature. I mean why was she in his house (when he had his sleepy rant) in the first place, if not to check up on him?

One of my favorite scenes from the two-hour finale was Cookie yelling at Lucious that he put Jamal and Hakeem in harm's way by having them to go Beretti's. I don't know if it's a choice that Henson makes consciously, but I feel like a lot of Cookie's anger is actually deep disappointment. Like she can't actually believe that the man she loved so deeply, for whom she went to prison and gave up a huge portion of her life, was such a failure of a father to their kids.

I hope the show at least keeps that aspect of their relationship viable. Although the show unwittingly gave us the perfect image to sum up the two of them together: Cookie moving a pillow over Lucious' face to smother him, and Lucious grabbing her wrist before she could go through with it.

Completely agree with this. Cookie is SO disappointed in Lucious, but honestly I feel like Lucious probably hasn't changed much since before Cookie went to prison, fame and money just heightened his personality, and he didn't have Cookie to balance/level him out. I think the 17 years in prison granted her the distance needed to remove her heart shaped glasses when it came to him.

I think the saying "love and hate are two sides of the same coin", definitly applies to Cookie/Lucious as much as she hates him at the moment that as strongly as she loves him. I think throughout the series that coin will continue to be tossed and land on different sides in regards to their relationship.

I also find it interesting that she holds onto that FAMILY picture even putting it up in the mansion. I think there are probably plently of pictures that she has that only includes her and or the boys, but she seems to cherish the one that includes Lucious. Despite everything she still sees him as family.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know people were wondering why Lucious divorced Cookie in prison. This inside the track kinda gives some insite. In it Vernon basically says that Lucious was in love with Cookie and was like a drug to him, so when she went away Lucious had to quit cold turkey. Kinda makes since. But it doesn't change the fact the it was a corwardly and selfish thing to do.

https://youtu.be/7_h32mUltac

Edited by aprilbabe
  • Love 2
(edited)

After this season, I do hope that both find someone that they really care about at some point. For Lucious, that can be down the road a bit, but I want love for Cookie and was disappointed that Laz was part of the shakedown scheme.  Not that they don't care for each other. That's great, but them together, romantically, is just... not a good thing.

I like that they are jealous of each others' respective dates.  Lucious needs to be worried when Cookie and a date get along! *g*  Cookie, though, should be concerned when Lucious is all ' He's great! No, really; a good dude." Because that's when Lu is going to dig up dirt and plot.

Edited by Actionmage