Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Sister Act

• Start Topic

Yes, because Lisa expected it from the snake Kyle, but she really WAS friends with Brandi.

Lisa will get back at Kyle. 

Funny, back when last season aired, I said, "Kyle will dump Brandi now, she served her purpose."  Stupid Brandi didn't get it, and I'm still not sure if she does, but it was obvious to me then, and proven true now.  Obviously, as I said, Kim didn't get the memo either.  She still dislikes Lisa, and thought "they" were friends with Brandi.

All roads lead back to Brandi, not Lisa V, not Kyle, not Lisa R, not any cast member, past or present since season3, other than Brandi when it comes to these big over the top nasty fights....Brandi.

Did Kyle apologize for her behavior? Or does she get a pass because she is in the cool group, the got it all together group?

Kyle will apologize and a few apologies are followed by "but" some times, like at the mixer but (lol) she does give them. Brandi is the one that can't look the other person in the eyes and usually has the nasty/fake smile plastered on her face as she tilts her head to the side. I swear, if they showed Brandi's hands, we would see her crossing her fingers when she makes most of her apologies.

• Love 3

She said it right before she started screaming about how Brandi doesn't know ANYTHING about Kim. 

I'm sorry for "touching" you BUT it was all your fault I did, and you suck.  Basically.  It wasn't a real apology.

• Love 1

She said it right before she started screaming about how Brandi doesn't know ANYTHING about Kim. 

I'm sorry for "touching" you BUT it was all your fault I did, and you suck.  Basically.  It wasn't a real apology.

She said that she was sorry for grabbing her arm BUT she should not get between sisters. Yes, it was a non-apology apology in some ways and in others it was a real one attached to an explanation. "I was wrong to touch you and YOU were wrong to insert yourself in something that did not concern you and that you were asked to stop doing that by both sisters"....What Kyle was trying to say IMO. "You are not a sister to anyone because I say so".....What Brandi was trying to say.

• Love 5

I also think Kyle's apology would have become more sincere if Brandi had been willing to admit to any fault of her own. Once Kyle saw how defiant Brandi was and how snotty she sounded as she was accepting the apology, I think it just kind of killed any further effort Kyle wanted to make. 

• Love 6

Does anyone think that Kim intentionally invited Brandi to come with her to Kyle's gay mixer knowing it wouldn't end well? They all acted horribly. Brandi should not have gone but Kim should never have asked her. And now onto Kyle's behavior.....Kyle had a right to be upset that Brandi showed up but she could have acted like a mature adult and sucked it up for the sake of her guests. She invited who knows how many people to this party and as the hostess is obligated to think of her guests before herself. Unfortunately, Kyle doesn't seem to be able to do that. If I was Kyle that night, I would have been upset and had a miserable night but I would have smiled so as not to spoil the evening for my guests.

I wouldn't be surprised, quite frankly.

I remember her gleeful dropping of the Ken bomb on Kyle.

I think both the Richards sisters thrive on drama but Kim to a much, much greater degree, probably because she has no stabilizing factors in her life as Kyle does.

JMO, of course, which could be biased because I find Kim to be one nasty piece of work, sober or not.  

• Love 4

She said that she was sorry for grabbing her arm BUT she should not get between sisters. Yes, it was a non-apology apology in some ways and in others it was a real one attached to an explanation. "I was wrong to touch you and YOU were wrong to insert yourself in something that did not concern you and that you were asked to stop doing that by both sisters"....What Kyle was trying to say IMO. "You are not a sister to anyone because I say so".....What Brandi was trying to say.

No. 

She said "I'm sorry for "touching" you."

I would agree that Kyle tends to issue the same type of non-apology that other ho'wives do. The thing with Kyle is that she is able to acknowledge when her behavior is less than ideal. Her apology to Brandi wasn't very good, but at least she had the sense to know that she was in the wrong to touch her. At least she recognizes this. That was what stood out to me on Game Night. She called herself a mean girl and said that she was embarrassed to have acted in such a manner. Brandi never does this. She won't acknowledge when she behaves poorly. Certainly Kim never has.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

No. 

She said "I'm sorry for "touching" you."

Ok, "touching" but she did try to get Brandi to understand what she, Brandi, did wrong. Which was to get between 2 sisters even though both sisters told her to stop and let them talk. Brandi of course, refused to acknowledge her part in that fight and that set Kyle off even more so.

• Love 4

Did Kyle apologize for her behavior? Or does she get a pass because she is in the cool group, the got it all together group?

Why would she apologize to Lisar or Eileen-she didn't act up at the poker table the argument in the driveway didn't involve them and it was fairly clear Brandi was the aggressor.  The comment is in response to Lisar, Eileen and Lisav not having the proper decorum in calling out Kim's intoxication.

All roads lead back to Brandi, not Lisa V, not Kyle, not Lisa R, not any cast member, past or present since season3, other than Brandi when it comes to these big over the top nasty fights....Brandi.

Kyle will apologize and a few apologies are followed by "but" some times, like at the mixer but (lol) she does give them. Brandi is the one that can't look the other person in the eyes and usually has the nasty/fake smile plastered on her face as she tilts her head to the side. I swear, if they showed Brandi's hands, we would see her crossing her fingers when she makes most of her apologies.

Brandi doesn't have to apologize because Eileen said her behavior seemed like mean girl behavior and Eileen would be soooooooooo wrong in accusing Brandi of being a mean girl.  Similarly Brandi didn't have to accept Kyle's apology because it had a but in it and Brandi can't control herself if there is a but in the apology. 

• Love 3

I switched on the kitchen TV tonight while making dinner and made the mistake of tuning into Bravo.  RHOBH was on.  Here it is two hours later and I still have it on.  What's wrong with me?  (Please don't answer that!  LOL)

It's fun being here snarking with all of you.  While we all don't seem to have the same opinion of the individual cast members, we do seem to agree that Brandi, Kim and Kyle are the most polarizing.  Last season I wasn't thrilled with LisaV but I've moved back into her camp this season.   It's doubtful that I will ever be able to say that about Brandi, Kim or Kyle. 

So far LisaR, Yolanda and Eileen haven't done anything snark-worthy but I have a feeling that's about to change.  We've all expressed how tired we are of the Brandi and Kim drama.  Bravo has to be aware of that and they probably have LisaR set to get involved in the drama.  I think Yolanda and Eileen will continue to keep their distance but maybe not.  Tonight's episode should be interesting.

There were a few things I noticed tonight:

I think it was WireWrap who pointed out to me that Kim was standing on a chair just as Brandi came to visit her when she came home from the hospital.  I finally got to see that and it was a bar stool.  I couldn't imagine that she'd be able to climb up on a chair considering her condition but a bar stool?  Kim is such a liar.

I thought it was out of character for Kyle to organize a spa trip that included a wine tasting considering how concerned she is about her sister's condition.  If Kyle was inexperienced at organizing parties, events and trips I might believe it was unintentional.  Coincidentally right after that spa trip/wine tasting Kim goes off the deep end and turns it all on Kyle.

I don't think it's right for anyone to touch someone else but I have to say that if Kyle got in my personal space pointing her finger at me, I probably would have decked her so I give that one to Brandi.

I've always felt that Kyle was an "it's all about me" type and that was reinforced in spades by her response to LisaV at the mixer when she actually said it out loud.

• Love 2

I meant will Kyle apologize to Eileen and Vince for her escalation at the Poker party. If Kim and Brandi owe an apology, and they do, so does Kyle.

I agree and I think Kyle will apologize.  Brandi might but not Kim.  Kim doesn't apologize for anything.

• Love 4

Since Kyle will "apologize" again, can we also expect the screaming, histrionics, and the double bird, with "FUCK YOU!" and then lots of tears again?

Maybe we'll just get the tears and froggy voice with the apology.  That's to be expected since we all know she has such a tough life.

• Love 2

Since Kyle will "apologize" again, can we also expect the screaming, histrionics, and the double bird, with "FUCK YOU!" and then lots of tears again?

No, that display is reserved for sisters that support a BFF that makes nasty comments about her sister/BIL's marriage. In other words, it is only used for Kim and or Brandi.

• Love 3

That 2 am phone call to Brandi could have happened when Kyle was in Spain or at her house in PS. Kim basically said that Brandi is picking up when Kyle is not available, not that Kyle has turned her back on Kim like Brandi is trying to get everyone to believe. That is a huge difference! And Brandi has no right to insert herself between the sisters, none.

I think that logic is pretty juvenille on kyles part especially since kim has invited brandi into her life. All Brandi did was try to keep a confrontation from escalating. That's it! Kyle's the one that's taking it to a "you have no right place". Um i'm in the place where adults live and if a confrontation has the risk of getting really really ugly steps should be taken to try and not allow it to do so and I don't care who's related to who. My husbands sisters all have bad tempers and stuff gets pretty heated on occasion and not once did anyone think it was a okay to just let them go at it with each other when it started getting out of control and physical just because they are sisters. That's just freaking ridiculous. Friends, family whoever was closer and had access would insert and try to contain.

That Kyle put her hands on Brandi not once but twice and still tries to spin in like somehow Brandi is wrong is still mind boggling to me. Brandi did handle portions of that confrontation completely terribly but who started it? Both times? kyle! and no I don't count Kim's comment as starting the PHYSICAL aspect of it all because Kyle did that with her exaggerated reaction that HAD to play out right then and there instead of a more calm and controlled state preferably after things cooled down. Oddly enough, well not to me, but by Brandi's actions, i'm inclined to believe that is what Brandi was vying for. Kyle's bad decisions has no blip on the radar in that crowd but Brandi's bad one's are the stuff of legend apparently.

• Love 2

I think that logic is pretty juvenille on kyles part especially since kim has invited brandi into her life. All Brandi did was try to keep a confrontation from escalating. That's it! Kyle's the one that's taking it to a "you have no right place". Um i'm in the place where adults live and if a confrontation has the risk of getting really really ugly steps should be taken to try and not allow it to do so and I don't care who's related to who. My husbands sisters all have bad tempers and stuff gets pretty heated on occasion and not once did anyone think it was a okay to just let them go at it with each other when it started getting out of control and physical just because they are sisters. That's just freaking ridiculous. Friends, family whoever was closer and had access would insert and try to contain.

That Kyle put her hands on Brandi not once but twice and still tries to spin in like somehow Brandi is wrong is still mind boggling to me. Brandi did handle portions of that confrontation completely terribly but who started it? Both times? kyle! and no I don't count Kim's comment as starting the PHYSICAL aspect of it all because Kyle did that with her exaggerated reaction that HAD to play out right then and there instead of a more calm and controlled state preferably after things cooled down. Oddly enough, well not to me, but by Brandi's actions, i'm inclined to believe that is what Brandi was vying for. Kyle's bad decisions has no blip on the radar in that crowd but Brandi's bad one's are the stuff of legend apparently.

IMO, Kim did start it with her bizarre "Thanks" comment to Kyle then walking away. All Kyle did was follow behind her asking what the hell had just happened and Brandi took it upon herself, without Kim asking her to, to physically block Kyle from talking to Kim. So the second person to escalate  this was Brandi, not Kyle. Brandi made it physical by blocking Kyle by using her body, sticking her hands/arms in Kyle's face. Kyle asked Brandi at least twice, without anger or swearing to please stop blocking her and Brandi refused. Kyle then grabbed Brandi's arm, an arm that Brandi placed in Kyle's way, to move past her, Brandi then Grabbed Kyle's arm, turned her and pushed her backwards down 1 or 2 steps. Kyle stopped, turned back towards the kitchen and stopped again turned and followed them out but this time she was very angry. She was not angry until Brandi pushed her down the step(s).  So as I see it, Kim instigates the fight, Brandi escalates the fight and inserts herself into it with out being asked by either sister and then Kyle comes out in full fury. IMO, at no point did Brandi try to stop anything except the sisters from talking this through. It was Brandi that threw out that Kyle was "never" there for Kim several times even though by this point, Kim had asked her to back off so she could talk to Kyle and Brandi refused! Both Kim and Kyle went into that annoying cry/sob whine thing they both do, that annoying victim act they both do while Brandi attacked again and again and again like some dog infected with rabies.

At this point, for me,1 of the sisters has to go and I would prefer it be Kim, IMO, she is nastier. I think Kyle would be different without her around or at the worst a little more tolerable. Brandi needs to go as well, she has nothing going on in her life that interests me at all, she is a 1 note singer that can barely carry that 1 note with the help of a bucket.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

Kim didn't start the PHYSICAL part of the altercation. Anyway you slice it putting your hands on someone the way Kyle did with Brandi. Can't justify it at least not in my book. It's not like I rattle off a list of exceptions to my son when explaining why putting your hands on someone is wrong.

Kim didn't start the PHYSICAL part of the altercation. Anyway you slice it putting your hands on someone the way Kyle did with Brandi. Can't justify it at least not in my book. It's not like I rattle off a list of exceptions to my son when explaining why putting your hands on someone is wrong.

• Love 1

I meant will Kyle apologize to Eileen and Vince for her escalation at the Poker party. If Kim and Brandi owe an apology, and they do, so does Kyle.

Eileen also wasn't annoyed with Kyle during her party the way she was with Brandi and Kim. Brandi was the one making the nanny comments, Brandi and Kim were the ones who were insulting the other players, Kim was rude to both Eileen and Vince during the party this is all well before the driveway incident, Brandi threw food on the ground at Eileen's and didn't bother to pick it up, Brandi insulted Eileen's home, Brandi insulted Eileen as a hostess and made it seem like there wasn't any decent food, Kim and Brandi were both under the influence to the point where it impaired their judgement, etc. What Kyle did by grabbing Brandi's arm was just a drop in the ocean compared to the crap that Brandi and Kim both pulled together that night so I can understand why there's more focus on the lack of apology from Kim and Brandi. (Brandi's fake apology in her blog obviously doesn't count.) Considering that Brandi was just coming off of throwing wine off of Eileen I would think that she would be be judged more harshly for a lack of apology anyway and rightly so. Brandi is well past three strikes at this point and I actually think this is the case with all of the ladies even if Kim is too out of it to recognize this yet.

LisaR was guilty of being loud a couple of times during Eileen's party but it wasn't to the point where she owed Eileen an apology and she wasn't offensive in a bunch of other ways as Brandi and Kim were so I feel like there's a similar feeling with Kyle. 

The fuck you didn't have anything to do with an apology because she wasn't apologizing to Kim. 

Did you see Brandi using her body to touch Kyle so that she could forcibly block her path and keep her from talking to Kim? Doesn't that come across as a bit aggressive? Even after Kyle asks Brandi to please not do that Brandi continues to touch her with her body so to me that makes Brandi the one who was getting physical first. I've already said that I agree that Kyle was wrong to grab Brandi but Brandi more than made up for it by getting physical with Kyle in the driveway by repeatedly grabbing her in addition to shoving her down the stairs of course. Two wrongs don't make a right and Brandi had no business grabbing Kyle's arms in the driveway or pushing Kyle. Brandi also seemed super drunk when she was doing what she was doing whereas Kyle seemed like she was trying to talk to Kim because she wanted to understand why Kim was upset with her and she was worried because of Kim's earlier confession about the pill. Brandi's reaction to Kyle by appointing herself Kim's protector just seemed out of proportion to what was going on. 

Umbelina, on 17 Feb 2015 - 5:31 PM, said:

The fuck you didn't have anything to do with an apology because she wasn't apologizing to Kim

Good rule to know.

Eileen also wasn't annoyed with Kyle during her party the way she was with Brandi and Kim. Brandi was the one making the nanny comments, Brandi and Kim were the ones who were insulting the other players, Kim was rude to both Eileen and Vince during the party this is all well before the driveway incident, Brandi threw food on the ground at Eileen's and didn't bother to pick it up, Brandi insulted Eileen's home, Brandi insulted Eileen as a hostess and made it seem like there wasn't any decent food, Kim and Brandi were both under the influence to the point where it impaired their judgement, etc. What Kyle did by grabbing Brandi's arm was just a drop in the ocean compared to the crap that Brandi and Kim both pulled together that night so I can understand why there's more focus on the lack of apology from Kim and Brandi. (Brandi's fake apology in her blog obviously doesn't count.) Considering that Brandi was just coming off of throwing wine off of Eileen I would think that she would be be judged more harshly for a lack of apology anyway and rightly so. Brandi is well past three strikes at this point and I actually think this is the case with all of the ladies even if Kim is too out of it to recognize this yet.

LisaR was guilty of being loud a couple of times during Eileen's party but it wasn't to the point where she owed Eileen an apology and she wasn't offensive in a bunch of other ways as Brandi and Kim were so I feel like there's a similar feeling with Kyle. 

The fuck you didn't have anything to do with an apology because she wasn't apologizing to Kim. 

Did you see Brandi using her body to touch Kyle so that she could forcibly block her path and keep her from talking to Kim? Doesn't that come across as a bit aggressive? Even after Kyle asks Brandi to please not do that Brandi continues to touch her with her body so to me that makes Brandi the one who was getting physical first. I've already said that I agree that Kyle was wrong to grab Brandi but Brandi more than made up for it by getting physical with Kyle in the driveway by repeatedly grabbing her in addition to shoving her down the stairs of course. Two wrongs don't make a right and Brandi had no business grabbing Kyle's arms in the driveway or pushing Kyle. Brandi also seemed super drunk when she was doing what she was doing whereas Kyle seemed like she was trying to talk to Kim because she wanted to understand why Kim was upset with her and she was worried because of Kim's earlier confession about the pill. Brandi's reaction to Kyle by appointing herself Kim's protector just seemed out of proportion to what was going on. 

I saw Brandi shield kim and she wasn't aggressive about it AND Brandi was already in Kim's space which means the only reason Kyle's body was touched by Brandi's was becauses Kyle was invading BOTH of their personal spaces. I've been watching the marathon all day today and watched that scene again. Brandi isn't forceful AT ALL when she does that all she does is guide body shield Kim and try to direct her away from Kyle's advances. To assign any violence or aggressiveness to that one act is a serious stretch for Kyle to make. It's all pretty laughable to me that Kyle compares Brandis gesture to her grabbing pretty roughly at Brandi not once but twice. Brandi's act is more of a protective gesture toward Kim than an aggressive act towards Kyle. As for afterwards I noticed today that Brandi grabs Kyle's arms in the garage again to keep kyles hands OFF of her. I don't care how annoying Brandi is I don't get this justification that kyle gives herself about these things.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 1

I saw Brandi shield kim and she wasn't aggressive about it AND Brandi was already in Kim's space which means the only reason Kyle's body was touched by Brandi's was becauses Kyle was invading BOTH of their personal spaces. I've been watching the marathon all day today and watched that scene again. Brandi isn't forceful AT ALL when she does that all she does is guide body shield Kim and try to direct her away from Kyle's advances. To assign any violence or aggressiveness to that one act is a serious stretch for Kyle to make. It's all pretty laughable to me that Kyle describes that gesture to her grabbing pretty roughly at Brandi not once but twice. Brandi's act is more of a protective gesture toward Kim than an aggressively act towards Kyle.

Would you at least agree that Brandi was aggressive by repeatedly grabbing Kyle's arms and pushing her? I feel that what Brandi did to Kyle was a lot worse overall to what Kyle did to Brandi. It's like one wrong move from Kyle versus about twelve from Brandi that evening and that's probably a conservative estimate.

They were all wrong. These women know each other well enough to gauge how the other would react.

Kim might be the exception to the above statement considering she was in a drug induced state but Kim was wrong to take that pill, go to the poker game and act like an ass.

When Kim decided to leave abruptly, Kyle should have just let her go. Kyle is smart enough to know that chasing after Kim with Brandi there acting as her protector wasn't going to end well.

Kyle needs to stop pointing and screaming while invading someone else's personal space.

And finally, Brandi needs to realize her own strength and not push anyone.

Walk away ladies! Nothing good can come from such a heated situation.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
Kyle needs to stop pointing and screaming while invading someone else's personal space.

Kyle was screaming and upset when Brandi was repeatedly invading her personal space in the driveway. Kyle repeatedly asked Brandi to go away and Brandi refused. Kim was open to talking to Kyle and Brandi was preventing it and then she took it a step further and guilt tripped Kim when Kim wanted to go after Kyle to try to talk to her. 

• Love 1

From Brandi's mouth to the producer's ears "Get a new subject", put us all out of our misery and fire her.  So she wants to be Chelsea Handler and be able to get away with all the crap that comes out of her mouth?  You're not funny.

I know we only saw a small clip, but was Eileen really proud enough of that movie to invite the Hos to the viewing?

Lisa R's daughter clearly did not want to be part of a storyline, she couldn't leave fast enough.

I had to laugh at that scene ... I am liking Eileen, who I never heard of before she was a HW, but that definitely (and literally) put her in her place -- not alongside Meryl Streep. I thought that was a clever edit, and probably a bit of a warning from Satan Andy: don't get so high and mighty, girl, even though the viewers love you!

And I agree with the OP from episodes ago who remarked that Max's storyline is a carefully orchestrated ploy by Lady VanderP to re-ingratiate herself with the viewers. When "Pandy" (I so want to punch her, I don't know why!) starts to "cry," I was thinking that they might have better spent money on acting lessons than that sham wedding. Worse than a soap opera! And I keep watching. SMH.

Edited by long beach lisa

The scene with Lisa and Pandora was weird...I couldn't really figure it out. Did Pandora ask her mother if she was worried that someone would be joining the family? (then Lisa said stop, don't say that.). Did they think that Max was maybe inquiring about his ancestry because he's interested in marrying his girlfriend? Sorry if I got it all wrong and am completely off the mark....I just couldn't understand that exchange.

I took that to mean don't say anything more, I know Max's mother was a 10-year-old crack whore and I don't want him to find out. Yes, a bit of hyperbole, but I think Lisa knows too much about the mother (it was a foster care case), and is trying to shield Max from the truth.

• Love 2
(edited)

Having seen the drama traveling to Calgary and Amsterdam definitely makes the conversation that Brandi and LisaR more interesting:

Lisa: I have been with the girls and there has been a lot of conversation. I'm trying to figure you out. They're very upset. They don't understand why you're so mean and I go "Okay, well, if she's mean why is she mean? Like, what happened to you, have you been abused? Like, I bring all this up because I go "Is she in pain?" 

Brandi: I'm not mean, but I mean...

Lisa: They say you are so mean. I've seen the aftermath of what has gone down with the Richards sisters.

Brandi: Right, am I temperamental? Yes, I am.

Lisa: Okay.

Brandi: Am I a mama bear, do I want to protect people? Yes.

Lisa: Okay

Brandi: And when you hit me, I go lower unfortunately. 

Lisa: You can really go there to hurt.

Brandi: Right. I've never had any issues with Yolanda or you know, this stuff with Kim from years ago was because she wasn't well...

Lisa: Right.

Brandi: ...I mean, we get along lovely now and I'm to the point where I feel like I'm her big sister and though she's older than me.

Lisa: Right, which is an interesting dynamic that I think--

Brandi: And it's hard. It's hard for me because it's not something I signed up for. Kim came to me, she doesn't have a lot of girlfriends, and she told me that I'm her best friend. And it makes me sad. That puts a lot of pressure on my shoulders. I am not the best person to--I'm not a therapist. I'm not a sober companion, I'm not---

Lisa: Right, yeah...

Brandi: I'm none of those things, you know, and so it's hard for me, I can't change who I am to take care of Kim but at the same time I can't let, just let go of her.

Lisa: She's taking pain pills. She's taking something.

Brandi: Well she's on...she has a hernia. Like, I said to her, she said she's just doing the patch...I, I'm not going to call her a liar...

Lisa: No, you can't.

Brandi: I, she's too...

Lisa: And also if nobody wants help...

Brandi: Of course I don't know. Have I seen her smoke, drink or take a pill? I haven't.

Lisa: Does Kyle realize her sister is in this kind of trouble? Really?

Brandi: Does anyone not?

Scene continues and this is where it gets especially interesting IMO.

Lisa: I see people not acting like this is a big deal and I go, this looks like a really big deal to me.

Brandi: I can't say anything.

Lisa: It's serious. It sounds serious, it looks serious, it smells serious.

Brandi: It can't exist for me. She feels safe with that. I...

Lisa: So basically you have to, when you're with her, you just have to kind of live in a lie state and not really deal with it?

Brandi: *nods* Pretty much. We're all like thinking of protecting her by not saying it.

Lisa: You're not. You're not. You're hurting her. Everybody is hurting. Something is going to happen. Well, something's already happened!

Brandi: More than you even know.

Brandi: If anyone were to say "We're wondering about your sobriety." It would, she would die.

Lisa: You know what? There's a lot of opinions, there's a lot of things that are going on, but I do think that the pressing issue is--

Brandi: Kim. 

Lisa: --is Kim and her health. I mean, it's not like we can do an intervention on her.

Brandi: No! She's not...*inaudible* Ugh. 

Lisa: It's not even our, it's not our place but we are privy to someone who is in pain and who is suffering.

Brandi: Maybe you can have an intervention with all of us. Seriously.

Lisa: Well, you do all need an intervention.

Brandi: Yeah, I know.

Lisa: You do. 

Brandi: I know. That is a way of not putting it on any one person and making the therapist be the bad guy.

Lisa: But, I mean...

Brandi: I don't know what to do.

Lisa: I just, I'm scared...

Brandi: Can you talk to Kyle about it? I can't talk to Kyle about it.

Lisa: I can try.

Brandi: Well, no one else has the fucking balls to do it and if I did Kim would murder me and then probably kill herself.

(Brandi TH: My heart and my head don't usually agree. My head says I need to talk to Kim and see if she needs to get help. My heart says that she says she's sober so I know when you say you're sober, you're sober until you don't, until you admit that you're not.

Lisa: I'm concerned about it because I don't see people behave like this.

Brandi: And we're pretending like it's not happening. 

Just looking at this conversation, I find it shocking that Kim sees Lisa as the one who is responsible for outing her sobriety. Kim did it to herself but if she absolutely has to point her finger at one of the women then Brandi is the one who should be taken to task for giving the viewers disturbing details about Kim's issues and state of mind. 

This scene shows to me that Brandi's grubby, desperate fingers are all over the scenes that are going to take place later between Lisar and Kim. It's fair enough that Kim didn't say anything at the time, she had kno way of knowing, but to reserve all of her criticism for Kyle, Lisa, and Eileen when she's seen for herself that Brandi has inserted herself in a huge way into Kim's addiction drama. Why is it okay for Brandi to go here and not anyone else? 

ETA:

Contrast the above scene with the scene in the car ride on the way back from Poker Night where Brandi is petting Kim and telling her that she's "perfection" after behaving atrociously all evening. 

Brandi is definitely manipulative.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think she was angry either, she was not in the mood to listen to anyone about anything outside her immediate anger/confusion/pain. Lisa was trying to tell her the best way to handle Brandi was to not react to her, a lesson she learned the hard way after last season, something she is more than willing to admit to. I found it a tad funny when Kyle yelled at Lisa that she had warned Lisa about trusting Brandi in the first place, yet here we are a few years later seeing that Kyle was sucked into Brandi's trap even though she knew better!

I know this episode is a few weeks old and I wanted to play with the psychology on why Kyle befriended Brandi.

I think Kyle only wanted to be ok with Brandi for two reasons:

1. Brandi is a bully. Kyle didnt want her as an enemy even though season 2 and 3 Kyle didn't like or trusted her even tipping off LVP not to get too close w Brandi. She knew what Adrienne and LVP got from Brandi she didn't want happening to her but of course Brandi eventually made Kyle her next prey during poker night. That's the Brandi she was always afraid of: getting her face, threatening violence and coming in between personal matters.

2. I think another reason why Kyle semi-befriended Brandi is what she saw in Brandi's behavior is probably what she seen growing up and even in adulthood with Kim, Big Kathy and lesser degree Lil Kathy. She probably thought she could handle Brandi because of personal experience but no Brandi is a different beast she cant deal with.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I know this episode is a few weeks old and I wanted to play with the psychology on why Kyle befriended Brandi.

I think Kyle only wanted to be ok with Brandi for two reasons:

1. Brandi is a bully. Kyle didnt want her as an enemy even though season 2 and 3 Kyle didn't like or trusted her even tipping off LVP not to get too close w Brandi. She knew what Adrienne and LVP got from Brandi she didn't want happening to her but of course Brandi eventually made Kyle her next prey during poker night. That's the Brandi she was always afraid of: getting her face, threatening violence and coming in between personal matters.

2. I think another reason why Kyle semi-befriended Brandi is what she saw in Brandi's behavior is probably what she seen growing up and even in adulthood with Kim, Big Kathy and lesser degree Lil Kathy. She probably thought she could handle Brandi because of personal experience but no Brandi is a different beast she cant deal with.

OK.  I see it differently.  I don't think Kyle sees Kim, Kathy or Big Kathy in Brandi.  I'm sure Kyle has come across people like Brandi before.  I do agree that Kyle thought it safer to befriend Brandi than have her be an enemy.  But I also believe that Kyle befriended Brandi because Lisa V was now a common enemy.

This Is A Fairly Good Recap Of The Game Night Episode

"The bathroom at Dana's strangely empty house was the hot spot at last night's games party, inspiring Kim Richards to visit it the moment she arrived at the house, late and not entirely dressed, with her jewelry tangled on the brink of strangling her.

After Kyle attended to her sister, "sprucing her up," Kim began slipping away, disappearing from the official party room, provoking at least one guest to point out that Kim, trailed by her sister Kyle, made it their home away from home, their very own shrine, visiting it religiously over a dozen times.

Whether anything more notorious than fixing tricky liquid eyeliner went on in there, or if they were just really only powdering their noses, only Kim and Kyle know for sure. However much everyone else thought about it, and it was hard to miss, it was the Richards sisters who seemed entirely unaware of their impact on the party.

As the evening grew longer and stranger, it reached the point at which all the dainty euphemisms -- the ladies' room, powder room, comfort station -- were tossed aside, much as Camille and Brandi were by their husbands -- and Camille flat-out announced, "I'm going to the bathroom." Luckily, the games were called before the night made its final descent to toilets and outhouses.

Kyle leaped up to take the lead in charades, snorting twice.

Well, what would YOU think?

At one point Kim sneaked away from Kyle, who was busy sniffing Kim's drinks, then tasting them, doing her best to prevent the sort of meltdown that ended the first season finale last spring. Kyle's momentary panic was immediately calmed when Kim whispered to her.

"You hid Brandi's crutches!" Kyle was delighted, and relieved. "Now that's the Kim I know!"

(Brandi had tripped on her stilletos, making her "Real Housewives" debut last week in an ankle-to-knee cast. She adorned her free foot in a lone stiletto, annoying her castmates by still looking better than they did with two free legs each and by calling even more attention to her long, slender legs, not less. Kyle had grumbled something about not learning one's lesson.)

Securely back in her sister's good graces, at least for now, Kim finally found some relief of her own. She'd been forced to come up with some sort of explanation for her furtive behavior and constant bathroom visits.

"I haven't eaten or slept in seven days," she told Kyle. "I'm losing my balance. I can't see. I can't hear."

She had been having panic attacks and crying, Kim said.

True or not, this assemblage of strange symptoms could come in handy should Kim be called on to explain her behavior, which was, she must have realized, attracting some attention.

So Kim got Kyle off her back, distracting and confusing her, while also gaining her sympathy."

<snip>

When Kim made her next mad dash to the bathroom, Kyle trailing after her, Brandi quickly sidled up to Taylor and Camille.

"I'm kind of worried about my team," Brandi said, the memorized words sliding off her tongue. "Number one, I feel like they don't like me and, number two, they're not lucid."

http://open.salon.com/blog/andreahig/2011/10/11/real_housewives_of_beverly_hills_night_games_mind_games

tumblr_m7hptlfPuL1rrepwuo1_500.gif

tumblr_lr6878t5dk1qbkp3ao1_400.gif

• Love 2