Type keyword(s) to search

The Awards Thread: Trophy Case

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Given all the great reviews that Empire  has gotten, it stands to reason that awards would soon follow, which they have, such as Taraji P. Henson's win at this year's NAACP Image Awards for Entertainer Of the year. Hopefully, other awards for the show won't be far behind, therefore here's the thread to talk about them.

• Love 3

I am SO torn that Taraji is going to face off against Viola Davis.  That "she took off her wig" scene that Viola pulled off earlier in the season would have been an automatic lock for the win then Taraji comes along and goes full out for her show.  Can I hope for a tie?

(edited)

I am SO torn that Taraji is going to face off against Viola Davis. That "she took off her wig" scene that Viola pulled off earlier in the season would have been an automatic lock for the win then Taraji comes along and goes full out for her show. Can I hope for a tie?

I think the issue is the subtle difference between being the star of the show, Viola, and stealing the show, Taraji. Both actresses were the lead and owned all the scenes they were in. The role of Cookie is so OTT, that she always appears to be stealing the scene even if she was the lead/co-lead in the scene. Whereas, Viola's lead moments were always lead moments, so by comparison, Taraji looks like she is rocking it so much harder.

Sadly, they'll probably split their voting block, ensuring yet another win for a white actress. If they give the award to Claire Danes again, I'll scream.

Edited by Happytobehere

I love it -- congrats to "Empire." I fully believe there was a whispering campaign in the top-tier publications like Hollywood Reporter and Variety, during Emmy season against "Empire." Because if it doesn't conform to their dark, pay cable/subscription brand of "good TV" snobbery, and if the hoi polloi actually watched it in record numbers, it must be nothing but soapy trash.

Glad to see the Hollywood Foreign Press knew better.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 2

Woo hoo, congrats to the uber-deserving Taraji P. Henson on her Golden Globe win! "Cookies for everyone!" indeed. Great speech -- loved how she recognized her "family" of fellow co-stars. Yay!!!!

• Love 3

What the "Empire" cast wore to the Golden Globes

http://www.lifeandst...=1#photo-anchor

Congrats to Taraji.

The actress who plays Anika was the best dressed of the women in the cast. That dress was pretty, I loved that shade of red and style of the dress.

But the color of the suit that the actor who plays Andre was wearing clashes with the color of her dress. He is her fiance' right?

Jussie was the best dressed for the males, but the actor/rapper who plays Hakeem looks adorable in that picture. It's like ooh look at me, I'm at the GG's. It's cute.

Edited by represent