Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: I'm Not That Good At Goodbye

The minute this episode started, I realized that Bucky is one of my favorite characters, along with Glen and the Toupee of Fabulousness.

How old was Micah, 10? 11? That is certainly old enough to realize that if someone learned something yesterday, and didn't tell you right away, THEY ARE NOT LYING TO YOU. And then Gunnar goes right along with it; "his grandparents are the only ones that didn't lie to him"? Um, they knew yesterday too and didn't tell Micah. AND IT'S NOT A LIE. Ticked me off so much that the kid was allowed to act that way.

• Love 5

How old was Micah, 10? 11? That is certainly old enough to realize that if someone learned something yesterday, and didn't tell you right away, THEY ARE NOT LYING TO YOU. And then Gunnar goes right along with it; "his grandparents are the only ones that didn't lie to him"?

This is a show about pretty people singing. Everything else can be safely ignored. If I tried to pay attention to the plots, I'd cause neural damage. Just enjoy the music and let the stupid wash over you. Because a big fight over furniture that you agreed to...Oh look, a pony!

• Love 6

dcalley. Here in TN as long as you have a valid TN drivers license and can pass a $10 background check you get the gun that day, no waiting.

So unless Sadie has a felony in her past she shouldn't have had to pull that Jane Smith crap.

Interesting, thanks.

I thought the Jane Smith nonsense was to protect her identity from the press more than anything. She doesn't want anyone to know she's being abused.

Is her name more likely to be recognized than her face? Perhaps.

I also like that they didn't kill Layla off because as awful as she was at first, she didn't deserve that. The character or the actress. No more Layla and Jeff though! Maybe a little selfishly because so many of Will's struggling with his sexuality plot lines are so hard to sit through (not difficult because they're so emotional but because they're not) I kind of wish that part of the solution was doing to be Will telling Jeff he needed his help to come out and establish a character as a gay country singer. Sigh... I like Will and Layla as friends. I think that could be a good dynamic for the show. 

So Micah's finally packed off. Hooray! Poor Sam. Gunnar hasn't been the same since the emo Gunnar storyline. If only the show had allowed us one happy couple.

Man, it feels like ages since the last new episode of Nashville.  I do like that it's now back while Empire is on, so now my Wednesday nights consist of musicl soaps from both, the country world and the rap world. Diversity in my music soaps!

But now we do have one happy couple and it's Avery and Juliette! Hooray! I'm glad they had a little argument so it wasn't too perfect but that they also got over it quickly because we know that when the writers aren't screwing with them they actually have a healthy relationship and are capable of acting like mature adults. I'm also watching and loving Empire. Was Nashville ever run as smoothly as Empire? The great thing about that show is they give us the music and they know Terrence Howard and Taraji are their stars and they use them well. I don't know who Nashville thought we cared about (lie, clearly it was Rayna) but they don't know how to use their best actors well. I don't know how far into her pregnancy she was during the Nashville shooting season but I hope we see more of Juliette out in the world. Maybe going to her movie premiere. Maybe getting some conflict that doesn't come from Avery. Writing more songs. I expect at least one baby song. Why doesn't anyone want to interview Juliette? Maybe have her interact more with Sadie or Layla so their plots are more meaningful and integrated into the show. Maybe her assistant can have a crisis. I don't know. SOMETHING.

I love Laura Benanti so I'm not going to complain about Sadie. I definitely think this was filler to set up future episodes. It would be fantastic if we could just push Rayna's boring relationship drama to the side and focus on Sadie writing awesome music about her terrible, abusive ex/moving on after him. Luke's attempt at such a song was pathetic. He can go. Can he please go now that they're not getting married.

Rayna wasn't too annoying this episode because as soon as the old Rayna started peeking through they pulled it back. I was all set to roll my eyes at her making a mess and then expecting pity and walking out of rooms without leaving anything resolved but then she went over to take care of the problem herself. Not well. But at least she tried.

So it's totally going to be Maddie giving Deacon the liver transplant, right? Unless it's somehow Teddy. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past the show. 

• Love 1

Just had a chance to watch this. Initial reactions:

• Go away FOREVER, Luke (well, that's always been my reaction to him). I hate you.
  • Rayna has really created a lot of messes, hasn't she? Time to woman up and make amends.
  • Love the relationship between Deacon and Scarlett; she can annoy, but she is a fierce mama bear with her beloved uncle.
  • I am SO tired of sad sack Gunnar; I want him to go back to the less emo version from the beginning. And I hope Micah's gone for good, but I don't know that we'll be that lucky.
  • Not surprised about Deacon's illness, and I agree--this where Maddie (or Teddy; that's a good option for a lot of drama, aradia22) comes in. Or maybe Scarlett's mother? She could very possibly have the same blood type, and there was that phone call to her from Scarlett at the end. Heaven knows she has a lot to make up for, too. Plus she would be the most disposable of the candidates. To me, you have to throw her into the running for saving Deacon.
  • I'm actually enjoying the Will, Layla, Jeff story. Who knew?
  • I wonder what's going to happen with Sadie. I know Laura Benanti's set to appear in a stage show with Derek from Dancing With the Stars for a while. Or did they film all her scenes for the season before she started that?
  • I love how they resolved Avery and Juliette's argument over the chair (actually, a very typical newlywed argument). Gave me goosebumps to see him sitting in front of the crib. 
  • And I can't help it, I am such a sucker for Rayna and Deacon together. The smile on Deacon's face when he found out that she'd cancelled the wedding, and OMG, that scene between them at his house--OMG, OMG, such a lump in my throat. I have rarely seen two actors with such potent chemistry.

This show still frustrates me with its inconsistent, soapy plotlines, but I'm still in as long as Deacon and Rayna are there. But please, show runners/writers--no more new characters or plots! You're already trying to stuff 100 lbs.of manure into a 10-lb. bag, and any minute that bag's going to bust wide open, spew shit everywhere, and all your still-faithful viewers going to run for their lives, straight away from the mess and into the arms of cancellation (okay, mixing metaphors, but you know what I mean).

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2

Maddie could be 45 years old and I still would have a hard time beleiving Deacon would agree to let her do it so I'm really hoping the show doesn't even try to go there.  My guess it the donor will end up being Rayna.  They don't have to be related and what would be more OTT and soaptastic than Rayna giving her liver to save Deacon.

I would no way in hell ever let my teen daughter donate part of her liver to a father who drank too much and ruined his.  And I think 99% of fathers would also never consider it.

I'm puzzled why she didn't give a real name. Is it just that she wanted the gun right away instead of in 3 days or whatever? And did she do research to find a sympathetic gun seller or just get lucky? I worry that she's going to kill her ex in some random location and ditch the gun and then we'll have a whole arc about that (blergh).

I didn't like that she didn't just buy the gun legally.  She could've kept her black eye hidden and used her real name.  It's hardly newsworthy.  If she kills her stalker ex, it's self-defense and she doesn't need to hide the gun.  But on tv that would be dull.  Better to pretend women are all in a secret club where we'll break the law for anyone who's been punched in the face.  Someone punched you?  Yeah, shoot him, and hide the gun.  Don't call the cops and get a restraining order or get him thrown in jail for assault.  

Edited by Guest

I wondered about this, too.

I'm puzzled why she didn't give a real name. Is it just that she wanted the gun right away instead of in 3 days or whatever? And did she do research to find a sympathetic gun seller or just get lucky? I worry that she's going to kill her ex in some random location and ditch the gun and then we'll have a whole arc about that (blergh).

I'm pretty sure

you're close on Sadie because I read a spoiler somewhere that she shoots someone and Luke is involved...

Edited by Cranberry
Added spoiler tags. This is an episode thread, not the spoiler thread!

I hope they take advantage of Juliette's pregnancy to show some over-the-top (even for Juliette) emotions and behaviors for comedy.  Even the most balanced and civilized among us get a little crazy when hormonally turbo-charged.  HP could nail it and Avery would be a perfect foil for it.

Also, with one exception he's been sober for 15 years. I know cancer can come out of nowhere, but it's like...really?? How common is liver cancer REALLY among sober alcoholics? l don't know and am sure it's possible, but I have known many alcoholics and that's never come up. Cirrhosis among full-on drunks, yes, but damn. I feel like no one is ever able to truly evolve on this show, and I'm fairly certain that the main reason I like Juliette/Avery at the moment is that they're just being regular people. Yeah, a bit embellished for TV, but entertaining and not buried in misery. I'm sure that will change soon and then I won't like them as much anymore. It seems like a really bad way to write a story to me. I don't want you to compete with Scandal for most insane, ridiculous, unhealthy, nighmarish plotlines, Nashville. I don't like that show!

Well, I don't have extensive experience, but I do know my uncle was diagnosed about 20 years after he became sober. He also died within 6 months of his diagnosis. Liver cancer doesn't have a good survival rate.

Sorry about your uncle Turquoise, it's hard to lose a loved one to cancer and to lose them so quickly.

My biggest beef with this storyline, beyond the fact that it would normally be a pretty close to terminal diagnosis, is that it's yet one more punishment for Deacon's alcoholic ways. He's worked hard to stay sober to 14-15 years with the one explosive exception. If the writers want him to move forward from his past, they need to leave the past behind him rather than having it come up again and again. 

If it had to be cancer, why not one with a more reasonable cure rate and one that didn't rely on someone giving up part of a liver for him? Any of the blood cancers would have been reasonable, especially for Chip, and would have allowed Maddie to be a bone marrow donor. As it is, I think a good majority of us will be put off if Maddie ultimately ends up being the donor. Just don't think Deacon would let that happen and she's far too young.

• Love 3

Sorry about your uncle Turquoise, it's hard to lose a loved one to cancer and to lose them so quickly.

My biggest beef with this storyline, beyond the fact that it would normally be a pretty close to terminal diagnosis, is that it's yet one more punishment for Deacon's alcoholic ways. He's worked hard to stay sober to 14-15 years with the one explosive exception. If the writers want him to move forward from his past, they need to leave the past behind him rather than having it come up again and again. 

If it had to be cancer, why not one with a more reasonable cure rate and one that didn't rely on someone giving up part of a liver for him? Any of the blood cancers would have been reasonable, especially for Chip, and would have allowed Maddie to be a bone marrow donor. As it is, I think a good majority of us will be put off if Maddie ultimately ends up being the donor. Just don't think Deacon would let that happen and she's far too young.

I think one reason for liver cancer is that it's a consequence of his years of alcohol abuse. Deacon might feel like it's a self-inflicted injury and all his fault, so he can wallow around in it a bit and also reinforce his desire not to tell Rayna or ask others for help. It might also enable other characters like Teddy or Luke to go all self-righteous and serves-him-right on Deacon's ass. Just my guess. Personally, I wish the writers didn't resort to the medical crisis trope at all.

• Love 1

Clemgo3165 - That's been my beef the whole time they just never give Deacon a break or credit for staying sober all those years. It seems to me they have a punching bag in Deacon's character they always knock him down no matter what he does. Take the scene when he goes to Rayna's house and Tandy (don't like her never gave Rayna any good advice sister or not) answers the door and blames him for hitting Luke. This disease is a termainally ill illness and it's going to be very interesting to see how they are going to deal with it that's not going to be unrealistic. Do these writers ever research anything and see what the consequences are before they write it in an episode. If the series is looking for DRAMA they should read some of the FF stories because those writers have amazing imagination. Have we become as viewers, fans on not caring how a story is written whether the facts are true or just plain false. If the Deacon character dies (which I don't think they will do because that character is loved by so many people just read the forums) Callie and Co can kiss this series goodby.

• Love 1

I also didn't like how Micah ignored that his mother was the source of the lie about his parenthood, not Gunnar, and chose to just remain mad at Gunnar.  That boy is old enough to understand who is the liar and who did the right thing in that situation.  

I also didn't really get why the mother dumped him on Gunnar, anyway, if her own mother had done most of the raising so far and was willing to finish the job.  

I wonder what's going to happen with Sadie. I know Laura Benanti's set to appear in a stage show with Derek from Dancing With the Stars for a while. Or did they film all her scenes for the season before she started that?

It's with the Rockettes. And she has a show coming up in 2016. I have no idea what the shooting schedule is like for Nashville though. I don't mind Sadie getting the gun because a piece of paper is not going to be any help in a physical confrontation (not that her ex has escalated beyond going by her house so far but who knows). I do agree that the shady gun buying scene wasn't great but it will all be worth it if instead of shooting her ex, she ends up shooting Luke. That might make up for the sins of both Nashville and Smash. OK, no it won't but it would make me happy.

• Love 2

It's with the Rockettes. And she has a show coming up in 2016. I have no idea what the shooting schedule is like for Nashville though. I don't mind Sadie getting the gun because a piece of paper is not going to be any help in a physical confrontation (not that her ex has escalated beyond going by her house so far but who knows).

He punched her in the face!

• Love 1

He's a very angry guy because he thinks she screwed him out of money he thinks he deserves from songs years before. She was just telling him she doesn't want him at her house when he sucker punched her in the face. Tell me that's not a reason to shoot him when he comes knocking on her door and will probably smash the door in because he knows she's inside. Sadie being his ex-wife and he doesn't have any other living relatives then she has the authority to okay him as a donor. Okay, I've just solved who's going to be Deacon's donor. Just think about this for a minute, why is this abusive guy there now, at this time, just when we need a donor. I vote for Sadie's ex-husband...

• Love 1

I'm probably misremembering but I thought he did show up at her work, when she was recording with Avery.

Oh no, you're right. I'd forgotten. I forget a lot of Nashville. It helps me cope with the craziness and inconsistency of it all. Anyway, my point stands that I don't mind her getting the gun for self defense should he try and attack her inside of her home.

There is a correlation between alcohol abuse and certain liver cancers. The writers aren't making that part up; it may be simplistic to "punish" Deacon for his years of alcoholism, but the choice of another form of cancer could have been even less realistic. And I could be mistaken, but I think bone marrow donation is at least as risky for the donor as liver tissue donation, if not more so. At the same time, I'm still sure that he'll have a survival rate based on ratings, rather than pure science.

Edited by Sandman

I won't hold the show to being realistic about liver cancer diagnoses.  They can't even get music industry stuff half right.  Or normal human behavior.

Re. People sending Luke the bill for the wedding, ON his day of cancellation no less... I call b.s.  People would pay for the cancelled wedding in exchange for heartfelt interviews with both of them, I think.  Or big spreads about their lives post-break-up.  Or virtually anything, if these are the stars they suggest they are.  

I like the idea of Sadie shooting Luke and him being a liver donor.  Maybe Luke will get drunk and horny and follow her into some dark place and she'll just let him have it, assuming he's the ex.  Maybe she'll even plant the gun on the ex and make an anonymous call, which would make the way she bought it make more sense.  

I won't hold the show to being realistic about liver cancer diagnoses.  They can't even get music industry stuff half right.  Or normal human behavior.

Re. People sending Luke the bill for the wedding, ON his day of cancellation no less... I call b.s.  People would pay for the cancelled wedding in exchange for heartfelt interviews with both of them, I think.  Or big spreads about their lives post-break-up.  Or virtually anything, if these are the stars they suggest they are.  

I like the idea of Sadie shooting Luke and him being a liver donor.  Maybe Luke will get drunk and horny and follow her into some dark place and she'll just let him have it, assuming he's the ex.  Maybe she'll even plant the gun on the ex and make an anonymous call, which would make the way she bought it make more sense.  

Okay, I could go for that Sadie being the one to shoot Luke and blame her ex.

There is a correlation between alcohol abuse and certain liver cancers. The writers aren't making that part up; it may be simplistic to "punish" Deacon for his years of alcoholism, but the choice of another form of cancer could have been even less realistic. And I could be mistaken, but I think bone marrow donation is at least as risky for the donor as liver tissue donation, if not more so. At the same time, I'm still sure that he'll have a survival rate based on ratings, rather than pure science.

While I agree that his survival rate is based on ratings, I disagree with your assertion that they choice of another form of cancer would have been even less realistic than liver cancer. Alcohol abuse IS a risk factor for liver cancer, but people get all kinds of cancers every day that they do not have risk factors for. People get lung cancer without ever being exposed to cigarettes or other toxins. Other cancers have few identifiable risk factors and are spread throughout the population.

Bone marrow donation is far less risky than donating half of your liver. Bone marrow donation requires about 2 hours of surgery and the main risk to the donor is the anesthesia. 2 very small incision to get the needle into the bone, no stitches required, and you're back on your feet and out of the hospital frequently the same day. Some soreness that can be treated with OTC meds and some tiredness until the blood cells are restored are the only concerns.

Removing a part of a liver from a living donor is major surgery that requires up to 8 hours on the operating table, removal of a vein from your leg, a large incision and retraction of the ribs to get to the liver, a stay in the ICU and then another week in the hospital until you're released. Recovery is 6-8 weeks. Some very serious issues can come up for the donor - over 20% have complications - and we don't know the long-term impact of this type of surgery since it's still fairly new.

Edited by Clemgo3165
  • Love 2

I agree it was ridiculous that People sent the bill to them on the day.  Aside from the fact that it would have been better for them to pay the bill in exchange for exclusives with both parties, it's unlikely they could have had the bill ready that soon unless they had been planning all along to give them a copy.  It's not a big point, but it was kind of silly.  I go back and forth on Rayna's statement to the press.  On the one hand, calling it a mutual decision takes the onus off of both of them.  Rayna is not the dumper but Luke also gets to save face, as it were, by not being the dumpee.  That would make for some pretty uncomfortable times for him to always have to be fielding questions about being dumped by the great Rayna James.  On the other hand, I sometimes think it would have been nice for Rayna to take full responsibility for her actions and try to make amends by absolving Luke of any responsibility - he was a great guy, would have been a wonderful husband, I just felt like I was losing who I am and needed some time to think and get my life where it needs to be, sorry I hurt him, he didn't deserve that, I hope he can forgive me and we can continue to be the friends we've always been.  Luke could be a total ass, but I don't think he was a bad guy - just a bit of an ego problem - and I've always kind of felt as if he saw Rayna more as a prize to be won than anything else.  But at heart I don't think he was a bad guy, so I don't think he deserved to be treated like that.  Rayna would have had to take a lot of flack, but it's really the least she could do.  I think he really did love her and she really did hurt him, even though he's the kind of guy who shows anger rather than hurt to the public.  So I was a bit disappointed in her that she glossed over what really happened.  I can see both sides of it, so it really just depends on my mood at the time whether I think she handled it well or badly. 

• Love 1

I don't think Rayna owes the press or public anything, including the truth. Publicity is a game celebrities struggle to win, so whatever they need to say to put a stop to the crazy is fine by me.

Rayna certainly owes the people involved the truth and loyalty. She gave Luke that and he hit her with it. So, OK. She gave Deacon the truth too, and as expected, he was accepting and kind. Also OK.

I think more telling than what Rayna said to the press were the different reactions of the men involved. When Rayna turned Deacon down, over and over, he never hit back. All Luke ever did was sock her. I do think that makes him a bad guy.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 5

I don't think Rayna owes the press or public anything, including the truth. Publicity is a game celebrities struggle to win, so whatever they need to say to put a stop to the crazy is fine by me.

I can see that, which is why I'm okay with it sometimes.  The problem is this could come back to bite her in the butt later.  If Luke decides he doesn't want to play nice and tells the real story, she looks bad, and the press would have a field day with it.  I actually agree with you that celebrities don't owe the press or the public anything, but it's a hard sell when you've given them such access as Rayna did and then shut down.  It's a tough line to walk.

I think more telling than what Rayna said to the press were the different reactions of the men involved. When Rayna turned Deacon down, over and over, he never hit back. All Luke ever did was sock her. I do think that makes him a bad guy.

I'm not sure that's fair to say.  Deacon and Luke are two very different people.  Deacon has always been content to let Rayna shine.  He had no ambitions of his own really, so being in her shadow all the time didn't bother him.  He knows he's screwed up and is willing to do 'penance' of sorts for that by giving Rayna all the space and time she needs.  And remember he owes her a lot.  She was the one who was always taking care of him and looking out for him when he was drinking.  That's a debt that can never really be repaid and that he'd be unlikely to forget.  Luke, on the other hand, is extremely ambitious, and he seems to be okay with sharing the spotlight with others as long as their light doesn't shine brighter than his own.  I suspect at heart he's a very insecure person, probably not helped by his previous track record of failed marriages.  Rayna was the prize he'd long wanted and finally allowed himself to believe he had won.  But that victory came with complications - her light was as bright, if not brighter, than his own, and I think that was hard for him to deal with.  He was working on it, but it got harder for him as time went on with things like her winning more CMAs than he did and being offered the Rolling Stone cover.  Being dumped on your wedding day in what could only turn out to be a very public way (since all the guests and press would have to be notified immediately) would rock anyone's world.  Luke is more comfortable with showing anger than weakness (which is the way he would view hurt), so that's what he does.  He lashes out in anger.  He says some pretty stupid stuff that I doubt he really meant, but it was his way of coping with his hurt.  He wanted to hurt as he'd been hurt.  It's a fairly normal reaction, and I disagree that makes him a bad person.  Definitely not the right one for Rayna, but not a bad person either.  At least that's the way I view him. 

• Love 2

I guess that, for me, the explanation of "why" you're an asshole rarely excuses the fact that you're an asshole. I get all that about Luke and think a lot of it is probably true; I've even had moments of feeling like he was getting the shaft. But mostly, I just see him as a possessive fame whore, with feelings, sure, but a bad guy nonetheless. If he truly didn't mean it, he'd struggle to stop doing it. Rayna and Deacon have definitely been cruel to one another out of fear and hurt (which is where Luke seems to live in relation to this), but they always regret it. Luke seems to think that's a justifiable way to behave.

That said, Rayna totally led Luke on. She didn't do it out of malice, but she lied to him and used him to try to hide from herself. I get that he'd be hurt and angry, but he attacks her in ways that are totally unrelated to that situation. Telling her she's a washed-up has-been who only rebounded career-wise because she hooked up with him is beyond the pale. Luke sees Rayna as a commodity. I do think that makes him a bad guy. It's also not really sustainable in any relationship. On the other hand, Deacon sees Rayna as a person. I don't think that's because he lacks ambition or owes her; it has to do with what he values. Personally, I don't think Deacon owes Rayna any more than he'd owe anyone else he had a long-term, devoted relationship with. He doesn't owe her decency, loyalty, kindness, etc. because she loved him and tried to help him get sober. He owes it to her because that's how you treat people you claim to love. I'd say Luke owes her the same if he claims to truly love her (which I don't think he does). Also, remember, Deacon isn't some random sideline dude Rayna picked up off the street. One could argue that he was instrumental in helping to "make" her; certainly he had much more influence on the star she became than Luke did. Yet that kind of thing would never even cross Deacon's mind because, the way he sees it, Rayna made herself. He was just along for the ride.

As for the press stuff, no matter the circumstances, I think celebrities owe us nothing. If we want to play the publicity game with them, OK, but they don't belong to us even if they stop playing.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

Deacon has always been content to let Rayna shine.  He had no ambitions of his own really, so being in her shadow all the time didn't bother him.

I don't think that's true at all. While he's happy to be the bandleader along side the big star, that doesn't mean he had no ambitions of his own. He tried a solo career early on that didn't take off and found success as Rayna's bandleader, a noted and sought after guitarist, and a songwriter with a long history of hit-making. Just because you don't want to be playing center stage at arena concerts doesn't mean you lack ambition. Deacon's had a career that many people would kill for.

And I don't think he ever really felt like he was in her shadow. He was always treated as an integral part of her success - without him there would be no Rayna James.

• Love 3

I think Luke really is insecure; he's shown himself to be the kind of person who could share his spotlight with someone else, but it has to be his spotlight. He's not comfortable having someone else share her spotlight with him. He would insist on the distinction.

For whatever it's worth, I think Rayna lied to herself about the relative strength of her feelings for Luke and for Deacon; I'm not sure she ever lied to Luke, at least consciously. I think she did owe him honesty about how comfortable she was about the commercialization of their relationship. He seemed to be much more comfortable with the corporate merger nature of their marriage than she ever was, and she never said very much about that.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I think Luke really is insecure; he's shown himself to be the kind of person who could share his spotlight with someone else, but it has to be his spotlight. He's not comfortable having someone else share her spotlight with him. He would insist on the distinction.

Amen. My boss is Luke in female form, down to the yelling and defensive snarkiness. Rayna certainly did dodge a bullet, even if she didn't do it gracefully.

I think she did owe him honesty about how comfortable she was about the commercialization of their relationship. He seemed to be much more comfortable with the corporate merger nature of their marriage than she ever was, and she never said very much about that.

I think she tried to be honest, but she kept letting Luke talk away her concerns. Each time something new would come up she'd say something and he'd simply brush her concerns away. To the point where even her kids were buying into it. Toward the end of their relationship she did seem to embrace it a bit, to the consternation of Luke who was upset when she found more success.

• Love 1

I wish I could list all the negative remarks Luke has said to Rayna in different episodes but I'm sure someone knows every one of them. Only now the writers are bringing to the surface ALL of Luke's faults and number one on the list is he's an ego whore commercial publicity hound. I'm sorry, but I have always thought Rayna was a prize he finally won from Deacon. Deacon was the better talent but Luke was a commercial whore who would put his name on anything that made him money. Just going over to Deacon's house looking for Rayna says it all. "I should have known better than to sniff around that bit h." nice words coming from a man who was suppose to be in love with a woman he was going to marry. You can be angry, disappointed, hurt but your true feelings come out with the words your saying.. Luke is the kind of person who strikes back with anger because he didn't come up on top (and because he lost again to Deacon) and he will get even any way he can.

• Love 3

I was glad Will and Jeff did what they could to help Layla. Although I suppose it was the least they could do for her!

The chair thing with Avery and Juliette was sweet.

I liked the lady at the gun shop being nice to Sadie.

Oh Rayna. I feel bad for you ... kinda ... but you have got to burn that ugly shirt.

Yikes, poor Deacon!

Good riddance Luke! But I did kind of like the song he sang at the party.