Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: My Hero

CooperTV

I'm usually terrible at figuring out who the real stalker is, but I knew as soon as I saw Nicholle Tom and Ashley Johnson in the credits that it would definitely be one of them.  Still enjoyed the episode though.

And from the look Beth gave Jack in that last scene, I think we have our answer to the "Will they or won't they?" question.

• Love 1

I called it last episode I think it was, about a future love trIangle between Jack, Beth and Rohmbot.

Pretty obvious now that her policeman boyfriend is bailing, and with Jack showing up solo at Beth's. One way they can make the clichéd love trIangle interesting is have Elizabeth Rohm get jealous of Jack and Beth and have her turn into a stalker. Then we would have a reason to shoot her and get her off the show!

• Love 1

At least it wasn't Sam Page, who thanks to his turn as Greg Harris on Mad Men, I always assume the worst of his characters.  Figured it was going to end up being one of the women characters.  After playing The Last of Us, it was fun seeing Ashley Johnson and hearing Ellie's voice from that game.

So, that's Phoebe Tonkin.  Since I don't want any of the vampire shows, I've never scene her, but always heard about it.  Kind of cool, I guess.

Warren Kohle returns, only to always be wrong to the almighty Jack, and then get pissy with the Rohmbot.  Jack and Rohm will probably happen again, but I agree that the final scene with him and Beth is also hinting that they could end up being an item.  Love triangles, all around!  Only poor Ben gets no love (at least Janice had that brief fling with Jack.)

• Love 2

Second episode in a row that I figured it 9ut quite early on. I think the actors who play the big bad have been giving these furtive sly glances lately. They should tone th at down, it makes watching the show way less suspenseful imo

• Love 1

I noticed tonight they completely abandoned "Jack as a stalker" - probably because it was the stupidest storyline in the world for a character you want people to like.

Even with this turn, I just don't like Jack at all. I partially blame Dylan McDermott - he comes off so flat and uninterested in things. Maggie Q is really why I'm hanging onto this show - I so wish she had a better lead. I still want him to heel turn and be a baddie and then they can recast.

I really don't care about Jack's ex, his son, the now gone boyfriend. They are dull as hell.

I knew who it was the first time the gave the stalker a line. I was like, wait, comeone, they don't actually cast homely looking people on tv, it must be her. Poor episode. Isn't this the second crawlspace stalker? 

I liked Beth-Michelle reassuring the lifeguard that they're going to stick a squad car outside her crawlspace infested home and the subsequent horrified reaction:  "[Are you fucking nuts?!]  I'm not staying HERE!"

See there, Beth-Michelle?  That's the normal response to learning a lunatic has been tiptoeing around your pad--NOT a thousand yards of gauze and a no-peeking open door policy.  (Which she did again.)

• Love 3

I was more invested in Amanda and her whining boyfriend than the actual plot. Not good.

Speaking of Amanda's boyfriend. Wow, acting like an actual child, getting sad over Jack being there for his son, making a mess on the job because of it? I trusted you, Amanda's boyfriend, and you failed me! I'm guessing, poor Amanda is one step from jumping Jack's bones again.

• Love 1

I can't believe that the fiance actually died. They were on a beach, surrounded by sand, and that idiot doesn't stop drop and roll? Worse yet, all the people from the party don't throw sand on him to put out the flames? 

• Love 6

Maggie Q was gorgeous in the final scene but the best performance in this ep was the fire stuntman.

Please God let this be Trent's exit from the show. He's whiny and a really bad cop ("The mother's sad - she must have done it!!"). Ugh, shut UP.

I can't believe that the fiance actually died. They were on a beach, surrounded by sand, and that idiot doesn't stop drop and roll? Worse yet, all the people from the party don't throw sand on him to put out the flames?

Thank you, this is exactly what ran through my mind. Worst lifeguards ever. OMG! I don't think I can stomach watching any more of this dreadful show.

Worse yet, these are supposed to be lifeguards trained to deal with emergencies, and they didn't do it? It just boggled my mind.

As soon as Maggie Sheffield invited herself to the lifeguard's house, I knew it had to be her.

Edited by methodwriter85

OMG, we were all screaming at the idiot to stop, drop and roll. I learned that when I was 8.

I always jokingly call those TV fire deaths the stuntman's Emmy reel lol.

That's all I was thinking aside from being like , your running is fanning the flames. However, people will most likely panic in such situations and do the exact opposite of what they know they should do, so that might be what they were going for.

So, in that last scene with Jack and Beth-Michelle ... If Jack hooks us with Beth it will mean he has slept with all his female co-workers - in addition to having had problems at his last job related to sleeping with women at work (Amanda). He had even told Janice, before having sex with her (hate the 'sleeping' euphemism), that he had a problem with that. If Beth goes for it, it's another ding for her profiling skills. And Jack (DM) still comes off more creepy than comforting.

The blonde boyfriend cop was really ridiculously bad :  "He doesn't have an alibi, let's arrest him!" "Okay, now she did it, let's arrest her!" "Arrest this guy, we found his lighter !" ...But we was right about not wanting to be part of Amanda's messy personal life. Jack is screwing up everyone's boundaries between work life and private life .

As for the case of the week :  once again the Stalker Squad does not figure out who is the real stalker until the target is taken hostage and it's a life-or-death situation. That's not good for their record, right? 

When the crazy stalker chick had the woman backed up against the pier railing and then said they were going to jump together, I kept thinking "You are a lifeguard! Go ahead and jump off the pier and swim to safety!"  It's not as if the stalker had a gun to shoot her from a distance. 

And the victim-of-the-week also didn't show much lifeguard-ing skills when she just stood by and let her fiance burn to a crisp. Maybe it was better that he died quickly - but no one tried to throw a blanket or sand on him.

The lifeguard girl also had a huuuuge house in LA. How much money do LA lifeguards make? Would have been more realistic if she were a Baywatch actress 'lifeguard'. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha

Well, at least this time the victim mentioned that she left her phone in the car.  All the other weeks I find myself telling the Stalker Squad "call the victim and warn him/her!"  Like last week - They realized it was the anchorman's new girlfriend, so the all  leave, get in the car, and drive over the studio- they could have called him or the studio and warn him, but then he would have not come so close to dying.  Apparently, proof of stalking is not enough of a crime, they have to catch them in the act of committing murder.  .