Type keyword(s) to search

The Corinthos Clan: When You're Related to Sonny, Who Needs Enemies?

• Start Topic

Today Sonny told Dante he's prayed more than he's ever prayed, and I really wanted Dante to tell him that Sonny's credit with God isn't exactly in the black, so God isn't making his prayers a priority.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
(edited)

DZ on the cheating story in SOD:

It "was a bit of a departure for the character. That initially hit me for a little bit but then I was like 'hey, this is a soap. this is what happens on these shows. And in doing that storyline, Emme and I had a story; we were game to do it.'"

A bit of a departure, what diplomacy, heh. @HeatLifer

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Yep, he was pissed, lol. You hear a lot of "but at least I had a story" from soap actors these days, but when it comes down to it, they know when something is BS just as much as the fans do.

• Love 4
(edited)

It's really felt like the last couple of years were punishment for being unable to sell that wildly out-of-character bs excuse for a story.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I don't think it's punishment so much as a total lack of creativity. The writers have no idea what to do with anybody. Every so often they hit a decent story, but the vast majority of them are badly done rehashes of the past. It's not as if Sonny and Carly's stories are any great shakes, and they're both on constantly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think it's punishment so much as a total lack of creativity. The writers have no idea what to do with anybody. Every so often they hit a decent story, but the vast majority of them are badly done rehashes of the past. It's not as if Sonny and Carly's stories are any great shakes, and they're both on constantly.

Yeah. And honestly I thought they may have had some trepidation starting another story with them; the cheating story had a lot of bad feedback. Dumb of them not to realize it was how they wrote it before, not the actual conflict itself.

• Love 1

The cheating story could have worked if the foundation for it hadn't been basically that Lulu didn't tell Dante she was going after Luke. It was such a dumb way to manufacture drama. It also might have been better if Dante didn't have grief/revenge with his wife's heretofore-unknown cousin two minutes after meeting her. Why were the writers so shocked at the negative reaction to this story? I mean, there's always going to be haters, but maybe try to craft a better story?

• Love 5
(edited)

Even with better foundation, I just can't see Dante cheating. I agree that it was a badly crafted story, but it was also particularly bad for Dante because his character was well-defined and his relationship with Lulu was well established. The pacing and the total lack of chemistry just made it worse.

It's not like FV is above being petty and vindictive. Dante and Valerie basically disappeared. Dante might as well have been recurring and Valerie got less screentime than a Guza-era extra

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's not like FV is above being petty and vindictive. Dante and Valerie basically disappeared. Dante might as well have been recurring and Valerie got less screentime than a Guza-era extra

Yeah, but I don't think he cared enough about it to get petty on them. 

My attempts at quoting got screwed up, but suffice to say, I agree with everyone who's hated Sonny from Day 1, and who's hatred was set in stone when he snarled at Karen, "You must have wanted it", regarding her sexual abuse.

It's one of the reasons I never liked him and Brenda together. It was far too soon after what he did to Karen to start redeeming him. Plus, he never showed any remorse or realization of what he'd done. As much as I always disliked Luke and Laura's "rape to romance" arc, one of the things that made it plausible was that he was immediately horrified by his actions.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 3

The way Sonny continued to call Karen "Carrie" or whatever all the time, especially to Scott, was, and still is, fucking disgusting.  Why, no, rubbing in your involvement with something that fucked up is not charming.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

The way Sonny continued to call Karen "Carrie" or whatever all the time, especially to Scott, was, and still is, fucking disgusting.  Why, no, rubbing in your involvement with something that fucked up is not charming.

Oh my God, the scene where Scott confronts Sonny after Karen's death and he actually had the gall to call her "Carrie" even then. So nasty. 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2018 at 10:54 PM, UYI said:

Oh my God, the scene where Scott confronts Sonny after Karen's death and he actually had the gall to call her "Carrie" even then. So nasty. 

And the way he lectured Scott--"Where were you while she was with me?!"

Yes, shame on Scott for not protecting the daughter he didn't know existed from a creep like you.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Camille said:

And the way he lectured Scott--"Where were you while she was with me?!"

Yes, shame on Scott for not protecting the daughter he didn't know existed from a creep like you.

The annoying thing is that the Feds pulled Scott away before he gave Sonny the ass kicking he deserved.

• Love 4

And this filth is our leading man and hero. I watched it happen, and I still can’t believe it.

ETA: one of my earliest GH memories is Sonny telling Karen that she must have wanted to be sexually abused as a child. Can anyone credibly claim he’s not still that guy? I don’t think so.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 7