Type keyword(s) to search

How will Parenthood end?

Shermie

Here's a potential series ending: Amber has a baby boy and names him Zeke (at least she spells it correctly). Zeek is so touched, he rethinks the baseball thing and decides to give it to Zeke Jr. as alegacy. The new family in his old house lets him retrieve it and he has a heart attack and falls (or vice versa, does it really matter?) and ends up at the hospital. The dad of the new family just happens to be a sports memorabilia expert (or maybe the mom is, ooh, tricksy!) and declares it to be a rare million dollar ball, which they bring to Zeek and family out of the goodness of their hearts. Zeek dies and Amber decides to sell the ball and share the money so her big ol' fam jam can solve their financial problems with the Luncheonette, thus guaranteeing herself a job too.

The show ends with the whole family at the pitchers mound, tossing Zeek's ashes to the wind, as they all marvel what a legacy he has left them all - bringing Joel and Julia back together, saving Adam and Crosby's business and Kristina's school, and living on in Zeke Jr. Drew drives off into the sunset in the convertible Zeek gave him as the family looks on. Fade.

• Love 2

I picture a Six Feet Under style fast forward to the future: 

Max becomes the first autistic(*) President. His "why don't you like us more than a 2 out of 5" foreign policy is a huge hit with Republicans. 

Sydney uses her precocious intelligence to invent an adhesive that holds families together.

Amber has 15 children, all of whom are actually raised by Drew.

Jabbar inherits the Luncheonette, becomes a millionaire when he shifts the focus of the business from music to high end file clerking.

Hattie returns after a 30 year disappearance, having finally found the remains of Atlantis. Her parents are unimpressed.

(*) Autism Parenthood style, no offense intended to anyone coping with autism in the real world.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 5

Lauren Graham has said in interviews that Sarah's ending is satisfying, so I don't think she, Hank, Amber, Drew, or Amber's baby will die. I really think it has to just be Zeek. Nothing else would end the series in any kind of a satisfying way. Death is always sad, but the family has at least had time to get used to the idea of the oldest member of their family dying.

• Love 2

Zeek found long lost life insurance for ONE MILLION DOLLAR (insert Dr. Evil meme here) or some huge amount enough to take care his wife, his children and grandchildren, the lunchonette, snowflake academy, Amber's baby, Sarah's wedding, and other future Bravermans up in the clouds projects.

Every other Bravermans achieved whatever goals / awards they had craved in their fields

The alien came and obliterated earth and its population leaving Max as the absolute king of earth

Amber's baby is born at the exact moment that Zeke (yeah, I spelled it that way) dies.  And I agree that of course it will be a boy and of course she'll name him Zeke.  I haven't thought through my predictions for the rest of the family.

• Love 2

...so I think a popular theory on how it ends is true.

The writers of this show could easily concoct this ending to work for someone else's demise. I suspect they're not going to be so obvious.

I wonder if the death will be in "real time" or in a flashforward to another timeframe. Or I suppose the death could just be referenced - "in 2017 Drew graduated from college, Victor was accepted to MIT, Sarah and Hank had a baby, Max was sent to prison and Zeek passed away".

• Love 7

Am I the only one who thinks, after last night's episode, that the Snowflake Academy is going to somehow annex the Luncheonette or use it as a place for internships, etc. Adam seemed to be inspired by the idea of helping the snowflakes find their path forward and/or making them employable. So maybe he finds a way to do this via the Luncheonette, so that it is fulfilling both his and Crosby's passions? (Ugh, I almost barfed writing that.)

• Love 6

Amber has 15 children, all of whom are actually raised by Drew.

It's funny, because it's sad. And probably true.

Also probably accurate: Haddie's parents remaining unimpressed. She could discover Atlantis, cold fusion, and a cure for cancer, and poor Haddie would still be the family also-ran.
  • Love 2

I think Hank and Sarah will hire Max as their wedding photographer, giving him his first real job.

Thankfully this is television, because someone like Max as a wedding photographer would easily ruin every wedding he goes to.

My current theory is that if the show flashes forward it will show Joel and Julia as a happily polyamorous couple so they don't have to worry about all that cheating stuff.

I just remembered that the movie ended with a flash forward too, although only about a year ahead. In that one, everyone either had a new baby or was pregnant, so I bet the flash forward will show Joel and Julia pregnant and Jasmine and Crosby with another baby (or the other way around). They might even go full movie hokey and have Sarah be pregnant too.

They could make Sarah be a parent again, too, but I hope none of those pregnancies happen.  They've all had enough challenges with the kids they already have.  In the movie the Sarah character married her kid's teacher, and that ship sailed here.