Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Private Eye Caramba!

WendyCR72

When a young Latin telenovela actress is murdered, Beckett and the team delve into a case that is as flamboyant and full of intrigue as any telenovela. Meanwhile, Castle is hired as private investigator by the show's sultry star to pursue the case from another angle.
  • Love 1

Film noir meets telenovela.    THIS is what the show does best.   Not the heavy arc stories.   Not the Castle-Beckett have their umpteenth misunderstanding.   Just fun.

But of course Esposito is the true telenovela fan.   My tia my ass.   

Poor Ryan, he wants to be Castle Jr. with his theories but he just can't do it.   

• Love 3

That was actually far more entertaining than the name of the episode would have had me believe.

I liked the continuity of Espo's love for telenovellas. I also like that apparently "Chiquitas" is a thing ... it's the second time it's been mentioned. :)

Speaking of continuity, I liked Castle's use of his magnifying glass gift.

I managed to not spoil the mini-makeout session, which was fun, but I liked afterward when Beckett expected him to pick up where they left off and he wanted her to trace a VIN. I think she would have been much more obliging had there been sex first, yes?

• Love 7

I managed to not spoil the mini-makeout session, which was fun, but I liked afterward when Beckett expected him to pick up where they left off and he wanted her to trace a VIN. I think she would have been much more obliging had there been sex first, yes?

Poor Beckett! The look on her face when he asked her to trace the VIN cracked me up. Sex should definitely have been first. Duh, Castle. ;)

I really loved how much fun this episode was. The actress playing Sophia was great and Esposito finally admitting to being a fan of the telenovellas was perfect. The best part was how much fun the actors were having.....you could practically feel it coming through the screen.

• Love 3

I thought this episode was a little slow, but overall I liked it.  Basically all the scenes without any Castle/Beckett interaction dragged for me.  And I totally guessed that the client wasn't being totally honest about things.  But I loved all the scenes they had together.  It was nice seeing Beckett being so supportive of Castle's PI thing.  Although, it's still annoying that Castle keeps solving the NYPD's cases for them and they still don't want him to help out officially.

The one thing I didn't like was Castle refering to a new series of books based on being a PI.  I want him to keep writing Nikki Heat.  Is he so bad a writer that he can't write about Nikki Heat and Rook when he's not shadowing Beckett?

Oh and the noir/narration thing is nearing the end of its shelf life.  I still enjoyed it tonight, but that won't last forever.

• Love 1

Just because I don't want to forget to mention it as the review posts fly by, I really liked the scene with Beckett and Martha, not just because I want more Martha included in the storytelling, but I also really like that Beckett and Martha are developing (or completing) a really nice rapport, and it's one good instance of character continuity.

• Love 5

I think the noir narration is best when it's Castle just playing around. Because I totally see that as something he'd do, especially when he's bored because he's got no clients. Because right now he's not really a PI, despite having a license. He's still kind of like a kid playing detective, and I think that's okay, especially because we know he doesn't stay a PI forever.

Another thing I liked was that you get the feeling that people miss him in the precinct. I'm waiting for Espo to come around, but Ryan's always been a daddy's boy, and I like that he's trying to fill the gap that not having Castle around creates. I think Beckett appreciates Castle's ideas - maybe more now that he's not always around to give them. She seemed genuinely impressed and happy when Castle was the one to almost solve the whole thing.

And I like that her biggest concern in all this is Castle's feelings - referring clients, not freezing him out of info, making sure that he's okay. I actually think I liked this PI case better than last week's because it didn't feel like they were fighting to solve a crime. Castle had his case, Beckett had hers, and they tied together so it made sense to "share" info instead of competing.

• Love 5

This couple can't get it on anywhere not at work or at home poor bastards. They really are very married.

By now you would have thought they would know to lock the damn door but no. Office security at Richard Castle Investigations is on a par with that of the loft. 

Shouldn't it be USB not UBS?

Gates is super conveniently not around this episode as Castle hangs around the precinct yet again. At least it beats watching her get ignored. Can't say I'm remotely surprised. This "Castle gets banned" story is as weak as hell.

Did Castle just solve the case rather than the cops this week?

The noir infused lines are starting to get old as is the by now "Baby Castle" routine they're forcing Seamus to act out in almost every scene.

Awwww Kate got Castle a case. Cute. Even if it was about a purse.

Had to laugh she doesn't give a shit about the dead girl she just wants to find that purse!

Castle impersonates a police officer to get information when he's already in trouble with the NYPD. Smart.

This episode dragged just like last week in places, basically every time I had to sit through watching Beckett and Espo, Beckett investigating alone, Castle investigating alone, Beckett and Ryan....it felt like a lot of the episode. Throwing in some decent Castle and Beckett interaction every now and again can't hide the fact they're not investigating together as as team. Hope to God this gets wound up in 7.13 and he's back in the precinct all forgotten and forgiven in time for the two parter. 

Edited by verdana

Yes. I'm not for sure if she actually didn't know or she was playing dumb and intentionally messing up the acronym to look less involved (I'm guessing the latter), but Castle mentions as much after he disarms her.

• Love 1

Yes, the client (I can't remember her name) just kept saying it wrong, I think it was supposed to be funny.

This couple can't get it on anywhere not at work or at home poor bastards.

No wonder they wanted to go to a private island for their honeymoon.  (And hey, now that it's 2015 Beckett's vacation days should refresh and they should plan another island getaway).  I actually thought that woman was going to refer to walking in on them when Beckett was interrogating her.

I really liked the scene with Beckett and Martha, not just because I want more Martha included in the storytelling, but I also really like that Beckett and Martha are developing (or completing) a really nice rapport, and it's one good instance of character continuity.

Me too! Their interactions are one of my favorite things about the show.

It was nice seeing Beckett being so supportive of Castle's PI thing.

Yes! I like that she's behind him no matter what he chooses to do,but also managed to make it clear that according to her, he's got nothing to prove.

No Tamala again. Didn't care and that's a worry when your so called secondary cast can disappear and you don't give a shit if they ever come back. May be they're trying to tell her something. Lol

Nice to see Martha and Kate having an actual conversation for a change instead of the usual glib hi and bye babe exchanges. More please. 

Yes, the client (I can't remember her name) just kept saying it wrong, I think it was supposed to be funny.

Oh thanks, I must admit I was starting to get worried that my hearing was going or something but then I was also watching on a very jumpy live feed which didn't help. 

"I'm just a girl looking for a private dick" yeah okay I think we've pretty much exhausted all the PI references now.

Sexytimes again woo hoo! But then ruined by a predictable interruption, has Marlowe trademarked those yet? He really should. I guess his version of shaking things up whilst still maintaining their much loved privacy is alternating between the lovebirds getting disturbed by random strangers, phones or as a last resort animals. Marlowe get a fresh idea if you can remember what having those is like. Ask Terri after all she can respect the process.

Kate ordering Castle to let her know of his whereabouts from now on....just no. The guy's meant to be a grown man of 45 and it comes over a little too much like mom telling the kids to keep in touch or else.  I would prefer it if they stayed well clear of that vibe. Castle is not a child no matter how much the writers may like to portray him as such for laughs. I don't want that dynamic playing out between them. 

Oh pcta beat me to it. 

Edited by verdana
Kate ordering Castle to let her know of his whereabouts from now on....just no. The guy's meant to be a grown man of 45 and it comes over a little too much like mom telling the kids to keep in touch or else.

I actually thought it sounded like Gates in Cuffed when she yelled at Castle and Beckett for going wherever they went without telling anyone.

I agree they should avoid the mom vibe, but I also think she has a point about Castle getting into danger.  That's why they need to be partners....

• Love 6

(And hey, now that it's 2015 Beckett's vacation days should refresh and they should plan another island getaway).

I kept thinking she has no holiday time but now of course she does.  It's the only way they're going to get their sex life back truly on track. *sigh* Seriously this show needs to change it's name to Cockblocking!Castle.

I agree they should avoid the mom vibe, but I also think she has a point about Castle getting into danger.  That's why they need to be partners....

Oh I don't blame her for wanting to keep an eye on him because this is Castle we're talking about and he gets into trouble without even looking for it that hard (did he just lose another phone?) I like that she gets worried and doesn't brush it off but they need to be careful because it can so easily slip over from wifely concern which is great to....mom vibe. 

If he was my husband I think I'd get him tagged.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

"I'm just a girl looking for a private dick" yeah okay I think we've pretty much exhausted all the PI references now.

I dunno, I kinda like it because "Dick" is also a nickname for Richard. Plus he's a private investigator now. And well ... there's a third layer there that's not altogether appropriate.

Kate ordering Castle to let her know of his whereabouts from now on....just no. The guy's meant to be a grown man of 45 and it comes over a little too much like mom telling the kids to keep in touch or else.  I would prefer it if they stayed well clear of that vibe. Castle is not a child no matter how much the writers may like to portray him as such for laughs. I don't want that dynamic playing out between them.

He's also not a cop, though he pretends to be, and tends to get himself in trouble even when he's not really looking for it. I don't really have a problem with Beckett wanting to know that he's going to be safe, or if he's not, to at least know what he was doing so she can help (or know where to start looking) if he doesn't come home. The guy was just missing for 3 months after all.

I kept thinking she has no holiday time but now of course she does.

Not that it really matters and I don't know how the NYPD does it (and I'm too lazy to see if I can look it up at the moment), but not necessarily. Her vacation time might run on a calendar year, but it might also run on a year basis based on when she was hired. I started my job in June, so my vacation time resets in June each year, not with the beginning of the year.

• Love 1

The writers must have a betting pool going on how many mentions there will be on Twitter about none of the characters mentioning that a snatched allegedly half million dollar purse could be motive for murder.

Yes, the client (I can't remember her name) just kept saying it wrong, I think it was supposed to be funny....

She was an actress playing an actress playing dumb. Sorta funny, maybe.
  • Love 1

Heh, much more obliging I'll wager.  Poor Castle's got no game, is this the best he can do? I can't believe this guy was once a portrayed as some kind of experienced player with women. Come on writers, remember the days when Castle was smooth? 

The promo for next week, Castle witnesses a murder but there's no proof, Beckett and the boys don't believe him...hang on a sec haven't we already done that?

Edited by verdana

Terri Edda Miller @TerriEdda  ·  2 hrs 2 hours ago

It's so embarrassing when people catch husband and wife kissing at the office. Right @AndrewWMarlowe @DaraCreasey @chadgcreasey

Too much information. Terri, thank you. I want to try and enjoy my interrupted Caskett sexytimes.

The promo for next week, Castle witnesses a murder but there's no proof, Beckett and the boys don't believe him...hang on a sec haven't we already done that?

Except this time I'm guessing they didn't set the whole thing up like in TLOO. Unless you're thinking of a different episode.

• Love 1

Heh even Beckett got sick of the noir dialog but after all those noir endearments, Castle called Beckett honey at the crime scene. Espo being a fan of the telenovela is good character development and much more fun to watch than being snarky, mean at Castle. I did like the moment of the usher "what happened" comment. It was similar to Castle's comment that Castle had when Frakes stood in line for Castle. Plus more continuity of the pencils on the ceiling and a mention of his disappearance. The ladies room interview was funny too. Santos must be a popular name to use since Jane the Virgin's telenovela uses it.

The one thing I didn't like was Castle refering to a new series of books based on being a PI.  I want him to keep writing Nikki Heat.  Is he so bad a writer that he can't write about Nikki Heat and Rook when he's not shadowing Beckett?

I got the feeling that he would add a P.I. series in addition to Heat and Storm series.

I think the noir narration is best when it's Castle just playing around. Because I totally see that as something he'd do, especially when he's bored because he's got no clients.

I found it very entertaining when he was narrating out of boredom and said something about "when she walked through my door"... and then the actress did just that, making Castle jump. LOL.

I also liked the noir-like narrations he did with Beckett because she didn't miss a beat, just started playing along with him. That made it really fun.

• Love 1

I see the mythology got a brief mention at the start not that Rick reacted and it was played yet again for laughs really, seems Castle's fans care more about his disappearance than he does. When they do this it's like the writers are holding up a sign going "hey look we remembered the mythology haven't forgotten!" Yeah okay great thanks. 

Phone calls between Castle and Beckett can't replace them being physically together, nice try writers but no cigar. The only time I would say it worked well as a substitute was in 6.03. 

Edited by verdana

Except this time I'm guessing they didn't set the whole thing up like in TLOO. Unless you're thinking of a different episode.

TLOO yeah, if he fails to say something to Beckett or the boys even jokingly because he's wary that she's messing with him again I'll be disappointed. 

Edited by verdana

Yeah this was the first episode in a while where Esposito was bearable even amusing but I'm fed up of Castle having to pay out to his so called "friends" it's getting tired. I know it's meant to be funny and in the very beginning it was amusing but not any more. I wish that for once they would look out for him because he's their friend and needs help and they don't have their hands out later asking for something from him. I don't give a damn if he's wealthy so the attitude is "oh he can afford it" or because he gets into trouble for the sheer hassle factor alone he should have to pay up for screwing up their day. That's not a genuine friendship. 

• Love 3

It probably wasn't intentional, but I loved the "pencils on the ceiling" homage to Mulder on The X-Files. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Other than that, this episode was pretty forgettable to me. But, in fairness, mid-season episodes tend to be more filler than the rest.

I do think it's kinda ridiculous that the writers only see Knicks tickets or Castle's Ferrari as what the boys would want for a favor. Especially considering how much the Knicks suck right now, lol. Couldn't they switch one of those out for Yankees or Mets tickets for a change in the spring? I guess it's like them thinking that Le Cirque is the ONLY fancy restaurant in NYC. A little imagination might be nice. In any case, it's a long-used thing that may be ready for retirement. I also agree that Ryan playing Baby!Castle is getting old and tired. That works for one episode then you need to find another schtick. 

Even though it may be the more unpopular opinion I liked the episode. It had me laughing several times. I wouldn't want this kind of Castle/Beckett dynamic forever, but for now it works for me. 

Love that Beckett and Martha and shortly after Beckett and Castle had a serious talk and that Beckett supports him in what he does. Also liked the idea of the pep talk in the precinct, though the tone of it didn't really work for me. Sounded too much like a teenager was being asked to check in with their over-worried parents every two hours while on a school trip.

Beckett and Castle were apart for most part of the episode, yet it didn't feel like that. The phone calls worked for me, and the walking to the crime scene and home from the precinct rounded it off. 

Someone mentioned the continuity above (McManda I believe) and I think this applies to the whole season so far. A lot of things get mentioned again, also from previous seasons; I think it's a nice touch. Always bothered me before, and to me, it's the little things like that that really sell the episode.

I loved Ronnie and for the first time in quite a while, I was able to enjoy Espo. I never knew Jon was so good at comedy!

All in all, even though the episode had its faults (the throw-away line about stopping to write Nikki Heat and replace her with a PI?!), it was one of the better mid-season fillers I've seen. I even found the case relatively interesting - at least I guessed wrong as to who the killer was. 

Edited by Lucynda
  • Love 1

The wife and I really enjoyed the episode too. I like the twist with the "UBS" and what the murder was really about. My only problem is still with Castle being "outst" with the NYPD. I mean this case involved diplomats with DI and so forth, and why it was really about a jealous and angry TV producer in the end. You could argue that to the DA that Castle finds trouble without even trying and wouldn't be much different than a regular officer or NYPD consultant. Sad to throw in real life but you have gang members and angry people targeting police officers and killing them out in the open. The DA's argument about Castle's mob "ties" which are a joke hold no merit with him endangering the NYPD or related officials due to organized crime. Let's face it, he is also married and friends with top detectives at the NYPD. You don't think the mob wouldn't use him to get to them and would care if he's a consultant or works special cases with them? Come on.

Why do I think they worked really hard (heh) to work in that "private dick" line?  Well delivered by Stana, though Castle really shouldn't be thatsurprised when Beckett grabs him anymore. ;)

Still enjoying the P.I. arc. though I thought the COTW wasn't that strong.  And the whole secret thing with Esposito being a fan of telenovellas felt like it had already been done with Beckett and Temptation Lane.  But I enjoyed Castle's shenanigans and all the Caskett interaction.

One of the things I'm really liking lately is how supportive Caskett are of each other.  Not to say they weren't before, and I always one of Castle's strengths was to be strong and encouraging for Beckett when she was vulnerable, but now it seems to be more overtly reciprocated by Beckett.  She may have had her doubts about this PI thing but she's been supportive all the way as a loving spouse should be.  She still has her fun (and her way heh) with him but she has his back and she compliments Castle when she's impressed.  Very nice to hear her tell him that he's got nothing to prove to her or to anyone.

One thing I've liked about Castle is his ability to bounce back, to pep talk himself and Plan B when things don't go well and to persist.  That was his way with Beckett, right?  So I'm happy to see him not giving up on the PI thing even when the going gets tough.  His jazzed up website does look quite snazzy with a nice noirish pic of Castle and the words very Castlesque too.  Still enjoyed the noir narration here but they would be wise to keep it in moderation.  Castle getting a kick from narrating is something I can see him doing when he's bored and lonely in his office and it's an authorly thing to do.  But yeah, I can see him getting a kick from Beckett if he keeps doing it all night and in the bedroom.  Or maybe not, Beckett was happy to play along at the office.

Always wanted to see Caskett make out in Castle's home office (since the precinct really would only happen in a dream), so nice to see some making out at his PI office at least, even if very predictably interrupted.  I am appreciating that we are at least getting some making out and gasp! even some unbuttoning. ;)  Not really a fan of Beckett's buttoned up look, by the way.

I wonder, how many online courses has Castle taken lol?  He does spend a lot of time (procrastinating) at the computer.

Castle should ask Beckett the favour of teaching him his own tailor made self-defence course... in the bedroom, of course.  NF's slow mo move was a nice bit of comedy.  And l liked the pencil bit too. 

Funny to read here that Castle should have sexed up Beckett to increase his odds of getting the favour.  He may have thought that wasn't a gentlemanly thing to do.  Or he's just forgotten how to get on top of Beckett. ;)   Which shouldn't be the case considering how eager Beckett is these days to get it on.  They could have enjoyed themselves first but I still think Beckett wouldn't have given in.  Between them, I'd say it's easier for Beckett to cajole Castle into doing something than the other way around.  Maybe Castle can get more of an upper hand when seducing is involved.  I'd like to see some of that.  No sex but I enjoyed this cute bedroom scene.  Beckett was cute being all smiley and waiting to let him off the hook and get it on already.

Floor seats has definitely gotten old.  Along with the boys demanding it from Castle the way they do.  I'd like to see them come to Castle, hat in hand, asking for a favour one of these days.  Especially Espo.  Between mocking Castle and drooling over women, he's far from attractive.  Couldn't he even spare a fist bump for Castle at the crime scene instead of being so unwelcoming?  With his attitude towards Castle, I'm wondering how he ever got so tight with baby Castle Ryan in the first place.  He and Perlmutter should hang out instead. ;)

For someone like Castle who seems quite tech-savvy, I was surprised he didn't know what a dongle was.  But it was a rare moment for him and Espo to be in sync.

I didn't find the UBS thing to be funny at all.  Just made me think of the bank.  Unless the acronym is different in Spanish?

I wouldn't be surprised either if a series of PI books came out.  They do like to milk that cow.  I did chuckle at the "I can be my own muse" line.

The premise for the next episode sounds very familiar again, but TPW's writing so hopefully it'll be good. 

Edited by madmaverick

Not really a fan of Beckett's buttoned up look, by the way.

This.   The first scene where she was wearing that blue blouse buttoned all the way up her neck - and it was half way up her neck -- just looked bad.    It was pulling funny across her chest/shoulders too.   Not her breasts, but above it.   I thought at first it was the way she was holding her arms was pulling it out of line, but it was still there when she stood perfectly still.   And then I thought maybe she had extra wide shoulders that was making it fit wrong.   But nope, she has normal sized shoulders.   Just face it, Kate is not a buttoned up type of person.   Unbutton a couple of buttons and her shirt would fit better.

• Love 3

I don't think she needs to have so many buttons, even for the sake of them being strewn across the floor in abandon heh.

Curious minds want to know if Castle's line about the 2 buttons was an ad lib because i don't think the writer would have known what Beckett would be wearing in that scene when he wrote it.

Oh, and nice to see a new female director on Castle. 

Edited by madmaverick
Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  

Beckett shirt button placement is to balance out the telenovela leading man who can't seem to  find his buttons at all.

OK, so Castle's ugly jackets are to balance out Beckett's gorgeous ones?'

Will we ever have 2 people in bed naked at the same time if they have to balance out each other? 

MDL, I was plagued with reminders of Pi, the unmissed fruitarian, too.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

I cannot believe the first time I've liked Esposito in a LONG time is when I watched him watch the telenovela being filmed. His expressions were great.

I thought he was very funny in that scene. It was kind of sweet how into that soap opera he was. And I liked when he finally caved in and admitted the autograph would be for him.

I don't think I'll ever tire of Ryan trying to get into Castle mode. I think it's endearing and shows that Ryan really misses him and the crazy theories and energy Castle brought to the precinct. Plus, there are times when an investigation starts to run cold and it seems to help when they think outside the box. Invoking Castle is a fun way to do it. Frankly, I'd like to see the whole team start imitating Castle and betting each other on who has the best Castle impression (without telling Castle, of course). I think it could be really funny.

And I think it would be a lot funnier than the running gag of Ryan and Espo making Castle give them stuff. Saving a life is not something to be paid back with game tickets. It's their job! And he really could have been killed, so... it's not something for them to bargain over. Not like when Castle wanted a favor because he was working with that other detective (played by Adam Baldwin) -- when Castle wants a favor in an attempt to look good to someone else, then they can milk it for all its worth to punish him and I'm fine with it (LOL) but not for something like saving Castle from getting killed.

It probably wasn't intentional, but I loved the "pencils on the ceiling" homage to Mulder on The X-Files. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

I thought that too! My first thought was, Mulder did it better (funnier). But I did like how - when Castle suddenly needed a pencil - one fell down and bounced perfectly into his hand. That was fun.

As an aside, every time somebody posts "PI" I have to reassure myself that they aren't posting about the unlamented character "Pi".

*shudders* Please don't say that! I'll start having PTSD flashbacks and hearing his voice saying "Hey, Mr. C!" No, thank you!!

Edited by sinkwriter

I do think it's kinda ridiculous that the writers only see Knicks tickets or Castle's Ferrari as what the boys would want for a favor. Especially considering how much the Knicks suck right now, lol. Couldn't they switch one of those out for Yankees or Mets tickets for a change in the spring? I guess it's like them thinking that Le Cirque is the ONLY fancy restaurant in NYC.

Both of this so much.

Ages ago we started keeping a list of just how wrong the writers are about NYC, especially since they're all suppose to be native NYers- it's a very, very long list and it's infuriating. And not apartment sizes (we gave up criticizing this -- see Friends) , but terms that are used, references to landmarks or distances, 90% of the time they are just wrong.

That said, I ejnjoyed this episode, though the pacing seemed to be a bit off, still enjoyed it a lot.

I don't think she needs to have so many buttons, even for the sake of them being strewn across the floor in abandon heh.

I wondered why Beckett was looking so incredibly uncomfortable in that horrible buttoned shirt, it distracted me, awful fit and looked as if she was being strangled with it. Then suddenly of course we get the scene in the office and all becomes clear. But I agree she doesn't need to look trussed up like that just for them to have interrupted sexytimes, they have enough problems getting started in that area already. 

Ages ago we started keeping a list of just how wrong the writers are about NYC, especially since they're all suppose to be native NYers- it's a very, very long list and it's infuriating. And not apartment sizes (we gave up criticizing this -- see Friends) , but terms that are used, references to landmarks or distances, 90% of the time they are just wrong.

You would think they would get a local to cast a cursory glance over the script once it was in final draft just to make sure there was nothing there to cause eye rolling. I wouldn't have a clue never having been to New York or following American sports for it to even register but for others it's going to be glaringly obvious. 

Or he's just forgotten how to get on top of Beckett. ;)

Forget about him getting on top, seeing him underneath her right now with their bed clothes (of course) on would class as a win.  The guy can't even be bothered to take his shoes off before he gets on the bed to "seduce" her if that's what that was. *sigh* 

Edited by verdana
One of the things I'm really liking lately is how supportive Caskett are of each other.  Not to say they weren't before, and I always one of Castle's strengths was to be strong and encouraging for Beckett when she was vulnerable, but now it seems to be more overtly reciprocated by Beckett.

That's been the most positive takeaway at this point in the season, that the writers are showing them being mutually loving and supportive of each other, especially Beckett using actual words not just relying on Marlowe's beloved subtext or off screen imaginings to show how deeply they both care about each other. In the past that was the issue that always got me about there relationship that at certain times it seemed unbalanced and it didn't come over to me as being in character or anything just a case of uneven writing flipping back and forth.

Whilst I'd dearly like to believe Marlowe has finally got the message that this is how you need to continue writing them because it is possible to keep viewers entertained without introducing constant miscommunication and angst, there's a finale that has to get written yet and after the last one (and given there's no wedding hook any more) I'm especially nervous wondering if this is the calm before the storm. They wouldn't be so cruel as to make them happy and united now only to shatter it during a shock cliffhanger now would they? 

Castle: Private Eye Caramba – A Good Cop/Bad Cop Review by Lee Lofland. 

Edited by verdana

*shudders* Please don't say that! I'll start having PTSD flashbacks and hearing his voice saying "Hey, Mr. C!" No, thank you!!

But Mrs-C-to-be was all kinds of adorable, so ...

But yes, reading PI reminds me a lot of Pi, too.

• Love 1
ey could have enjoyed themselves first but I still think Beckett wouldn't have given in.  Between them, I'd say it's easier for Beckett to cajole Castle into doing something than the other way around.

I don't think she would have given in either, but at least Castle would have gotten laid.

I was just saying last week that Castle has been able to talk Beckett into a lot lately, by telling her that it's the only way to get justice.  Beckett likes her justice.  I would like to see one of them just totally seducing the other into something.

This.   The first scene where she was wearing that blue blouse buttoned all the way up her neck - and it was half way up her neck -- just looked bad.

I was fanwanking that she wanted to cover up some uh, love bites or something.  It makes it more fun.  But I think that's the same top she wore in Need to Know, and I didn't like it much then either.

Curious minds want to know if Castle's line about the 2 buttons was an ad lib because i don't think the writer would have known what Beckett would be wearing in that scene when he wrote it.

I was thinking it was an ab lib too.  Just because it sounded like Nathan, and I remember he once talked about how he wanted their first time to be "clumsy."  It obviously wasn't, so he's working it in now.

Edited by KaveDweller

Hanelle Culpepper @Hillview798  ·  Jan 19

Love this limo scene!  And @NathanFillion nailed it while dealing with a migraine.  #Castle

Poor Nathan, they're hell to suffer through. I can sympathise. 

Hanelle Culpepper @Hillview798  ·  Jan 19

#Castle caught that pencil perfectly every take!

I had forgotten the director was a woman I'm so used to it being men all the time behind the camera. Makes a pleasant change.

Good episode.  Telenova plots always make for good television (I'm thinking of that W13 episode especially) and with this show it's perfect.

Did Stana have some kind of neck rash?  I found her shirt being buttoned up to her neck (aka The Steve Sanders look) to be distracting.  Later on she was wearing a turtleneck.

I re-watched this episode this morning and can't find a thing to criticize about it. Silly, but my life has enough drama what with deer on the lawn and disappearing electricians, to want anything more.

Can't help pointing out that your RL drama would make for a fun TV sitcom with supernatural theme :)