Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

So Sam's visions are going to reappear and the entire cleansing of himself is irrelevant?  I'm so confused. 

Dabb wrote episode 11.02 and he let it slip that “it introduces Crowley in a way we’ve never seen him before.”

This matches my spec that Crowley is going to be the new Death. 

Hah. Crowley's in episode 11.02. So much for being dead.

Of course, it's Supernatural. Maybe he's dead and comes back as a ghost.

Two and a half months...

I don't think demons that are killed by an angel blade can become ghosts. I don't want that. I feel they gave him this massive speech about getting his evil mojo and the red eyes for a reason. The only way to make Crowley more powerful is too give him the power of Death. He could become the deal making reaper LOL.  Of course, the other option for Death is Metatron....YIKES

(edited)

So I just watched this interview

Jensen is tired of playing the guilt burdened Dean. And man he seems seriously happy about that.  I know it's weird but I have mixed feelings because I feel like he finally had something really meaty to sink his teeth into and I like unburdened Dean but i hope this isn't just a do over back to the annoying at times skeevy Dean. I want a heroic, funny, angsty to a point Dean. I would like to have the Dean that accepted himself just as he is.  It's hard to articulate what I mean.

ETA: I guess I feel like there needs to be a transition back to a less guilt ridden Dean. I mean if he's just back to snarky Dean like right away it's gonna bug me.  

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

Was there is Sizzle Reel? I saw the S10 gag reel, these boys never disappoint. However, I can't find a sizzle reel on YouTube.

Crowley as Death sounds interesting but one of the things I loved about Death was that he wasn't good or evil he was just Death. I don't know if Death!Crowley would work for me.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Thanks catrox14!!! I love how you're on top of things! I no longer have to search, I just come here!

What the heck does catrox mean anyway? I Googled it, and I'm still confused!

Edited by Mick Lady
(edited)

I was annoyed that the person filming didn't focus on the boys falling apart in laughter.  I'm sure others will come out that were better filmed. 

Here is the Nerd HQ panel.  This was golden.  Jensen is a dirty little boy and that just makes him 1000% more attractive as if that's even fucking possible.

LOL Mick Lady...my name origin is a personal thing. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Thanks for getting those catrox!  I've been sleeping off last night's all-nighter in the Hall H line.  Totally a cool experience.

The amazing moments were definitely provided by Misha -- bringing the pizza, jogging by with the storm-troopers in the morning. the best part was the shared-experience with the rest of the fans.  I did feel a bit sorry for the Vampire Diary crew.  They were delightful but they KNEW the audience was mostly Supernatural.

For me, the three highlights of the panel:

- The hampster -- they were all just DYING of laughter

- The lighting of the little candles (got one!)

- The girl who asked the Charlie question and everyone on the panel turned to look at Jeremy like "Explain yourself". And Carver CRUMBLED.  Totally worth it.

Onto the spoilers:

- Jensen also mentions he's directing Mark on Monday morning, so Crowley is in the third episode to.  Mark, per usual, was just dicking with us.

- Cas' isn't cured first episode.  I'm sticking with my speculation he's fixed by 11.03 via Rowena.

- Crowley is 'different' --- I don't think he's Death - that doesn't really translate for me.  He's a demon, a former human with twisted soul.  Yes he's now the most powerful demon (now that Cain is dead and Dean is not a threat), but I just don't think Death.  I DO think he may be effected by The Darkness.  Something that alters his personality to perhaps straight evil versus the snarky-evil.  We'll see.

- Since one of them mentioned "first half of the season", I'm going to guess we may lose Ruth at mid-season.

- So the Baby episode is high concept. Baby is not personified (unless there's a voice over), but all action takes place in the car.  Could be cool.

- I also suspect Charlie will be in the visions. (not that this remotely compensates)

- I don't think the source of Sam's visions are demonic so I think he WAS purified by the S8 trials.  I think there are two factors at work: 1) he's still an archangel vessel, and 2) just because he doesn't have the demon taint doesn't mean his mind has not been permanently "expanded" by the whole experience.  I think BOTH Sam and Dean are more equipped that most humans (physically) to take on The Darkness because of the Angelic Genetics and life/death/life experiences.

My S11 uber-predictions:

- Cas cured by EP3, and the immediate crisis of The Darkness is put into a steady-state mode

- It's affecting people and the world, however, and they just can't ignore it. The natural balance is definitely OFF.

- In addition to Charlie, we'll see a lot of dead 'fan favorites' as part of the visions.

- Metatron and Cas' heaven story will come back mid-season and drive the a portion of the back-end of S11.

- THIS will be the season that wraps up the tablets and the big levers the boys started to pull. 

• Love 4

I thought it was interesting that in that Nerd HQ panel, Jared said he hadn't signed his contract yet for this season and that he felt like he didn't want to let people down or have them be disappointed when talking about Sam.

And my weird little brain...went...maybe Jared is worried about letting down the fans and Jensen if he needs to take a break or leave the show.  Just my own thinking and nothing more.

(edited)

He's filming, he's HAD to have signed a contract.  Pretty sure that he has to be joking.  Maybe NEXT season's not yet squared away?

Edited by SueB
(edited)

He's filming, he's HAD to have signed a contract.  Pretty sure that he has to be joking.  Maybe NEXT season's not yet squared away?

From what Jim Michaels says contracts are not signed until July. He tweeted that out a few weeks ago.  I think the boys are signing year to year. 

It came up when they were discussing directing and Mark made a joke about them directing an episode together and Jared said "You know, I haven't signed my contract yet. I should put that in" ....he was joking about the directing but I don't think he was joking about the contract.

Isn't the only reason they are filming this early is to accomodate Jensen?

Edited by catrox14

I didn't know about Jared, but I'm used to this being an avid NFL fan, so I'm not too worried. I think.

Should I read anything into the fact that the actors that played both Chuck and Gabriel were at Comic Con? They were both in the Hillywood parody too. These are two of my favs and I would love to have them both back! After all, no one ever really dies on Supernatural, right?

And no, I don't want to get into "What happens when a angel dies?", or if Chuck is God. Although I'm certain he is!

From what Jim Michaels says contracts are not signed until July. He tweeted that out a few weeks ago.  I think the boys are signing year to year. 

It came up when they were discussing directing and Mark made a joke about them directing an episode together and Jared said "You know, I haven't signed my contract yet. I should put that in" ....he was joking about the directing but I don't think he was joking about the contract.

Isn't the only reason they are filming this early is to accomodate Jensen?

I don't think so, they always start filming around this time of year...they're just filming out of order to accommodate Jensen, I think. It seems like they're usually in the middle of filming the first episode (not necessarily episode one) when they come to Comic Con. 

I'm not going to have a chance to watch the panels until later this week, but I find it really hard to believe that Jared can be working without signing some sort of contract. There's way too much money as stake here and I'd be shocked that their various insurance companies would allow him to work without a signed contract in place. In the past, Jared and Jensen have signed their contracts for the next season (not the one they're filming but the next one) in July, so I'm guessing he's talking about S12. Misha and Mark seem to sign their contracts in July for the upcoming season. Maybe they're doing it all different now, though.

• Love 1

Okay stuff starting to come out from the post panel interviews

Winchester Bros retweeted

Geek Girl Diva ‏@geekgirldiva 11m11 minutes ago

New episode coming called "Baby". Guess what it's about ;) --- Oh boy. I bet this is some kind of personification of Baby which ugh no I don't want that. I want Baby to always be just the car. I didn't like when they made the TARDIS into a "person".

14 retweets 8 favorites

Winchester Bros retweeted

Geek Girl Diva ‏@geekgirldiva 16m16 minutes ago

Jensen is realllllly happy to get back to just the boys against the bad -

Geek Girl Diva ‏@geekgirldiva 31m31 minutes ago

Andrew Dabb. We asked him about repercussions of the death of Death. His response? Well, someone has to be Death So who is Death? My money is on Crowley and that is why Sheppard has been so openly saying that Crowley is dead. He's the new Death. Oh Mark.  You little scamp.

I heard that the Baby episode will be shot totally in the car!  Very excited about his one.

Someone upthread mentioned the Hawaiian shirt-it must be part of the story because there were BTS shots of Jensen and his stunt double wearing it. A disguise?

(edited)

I heard that the Baby episode will be shot totally in the car!  Very excited about his one.

I kinda am too. I wonder if it's going to be more like what Route 666 was originally conceived as? It could be really good...I'm now reminded of that X-files episode where Mulder was stuck in a car with a guy that had to keep moving at some high speed or he'd die. Okay, the episode is actually much better than that description I just gave you! ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot

DD's spec about Baby being like "home base" in a game of tag for the guys sounds more and more likely to come true.

I love the car and I love claustrophobic "we're trapped here together!" episodes of any show, so I'm excited to see this one!

DD's spec about Baby being like "home base" in a game of tag for the guys sounds more and more likely to come true.

;-)

I'm curious about this one, as long as they don't do something silly like the Bones episode done from the perspective of the kid who had been murdered.  (They brought in a "psychic" who told them the ghost of the kid was there, watching them investigate.  It was awful -- the actors talked to the camera like they were talking to the victim.)

(edited)

"Baby" is apparently a take on the movie "Lock" from the perspective that everything was shot from the POV of the car.  So Baby won't be personified as far as I can tell.

ETA:  Here's a link to SweetOnDean's megapost about SDCC: http://sweetondean.blogspot.com/2015/07/SPN-SDCC-2015-MEGA-POST.html?spref=tw

It's REALLY comprehensive.  If you are not familiar with how the press room works, there is a line that they walk thru and you get snippets. Then there are 6-7 tables where about 5 or 6 reports sit and interview each of the 6 panel members (Carver, Jared, Jensen, Misha, Mark, Andrew Dabb).  So far, it appears that at three of the tables, someone video'd the interview.  So if you see three different "press" interviews for Jared, it's three different sets of questions.  In the upcoming weeks and months, the non-video interviews will come out.  And the source material is all from these tables.  So, when you get the video interviews, you essentially get ALL the content that is out there for a particular table, without any reporter interpretation or misses.  Not all interviews at a table are video'd.  Mark, for example, rarely says ANYTHING.  He toys with the reporters and gives foilers sometimes too.  And yes, there are answers that are repetitive sounding from table to table.

From the last group of videos (TVGoodness):
Jensen: says the words "flashes" and "premonitions" with respect to Dean and the Darkness.  He also, IMO, kinda confirms that EP3 wraps up some stuff. He calls it "expositional".

Misha: "He's not himself" based on the curse. Also indicates he can't work with the Angels since he let Metatron go. (Sue Spec: that means Dean must find out about Metatron being loose.)

Jared: Sam believes there's a higher power trying to contact him to help solve the problem.  And the visions take the form of dead people from earlier seasons, one a relative.  Rowena is around. 

Andrew: on the "ish", it's not the smoothest ride in the world. MoL still around. Strange bedfellows due to a unifying Big Bad.  Introduces Crowley in EP2 in a way we haven't seen before. 

Jeremy: tremendous amount of unfinished business between Darkness and those that put it away. Theme of the season: you can't outrun your past.

Sue Spec on top of all of this:

- In the panel and in the interviews Jensen wants to go back to S1 Dean in terms of relationship with Sam (working mostly on the same page) and NOT have crushing guilt.  Carver answered with "-ish" in the panel.  Jensen seems to be actively lobbying against guilt angst.  I don't blame him.  They are still accepting total responsibility for killing Death and releasing the Mark, but 'factual' -- "it is what it is, let's fix it".

- I think Mark may be providing a foiler via the truth.  I think Cas DOES stab him and it looks like he's dead in EP 1.  But in EP 2 he resurrects again (in the Andrew Dabb episode), and comes back different.  This "different side" of Crowley --- IDK... the ONE video interview with Mark pushes him on what is the nature of Crowley.  I personally expecting less snark and more serious. 

- I really think Charlie will be part of the "vision" personifications.

Note: Clarrissa from Screenfad appeared to be at the same table as TV Goodness.  http://www.screenfad.com/supernatural/supernatural-comic-con-press-room-season-11-spoilers-40312   She also summarizes nicely if you don't want to watch them all.

Edited by SueB

Crowley is obviously going to be Death, the spoilers all point to it. Who cares if it makes sense? The writers surely aren`t.

Meanwhile Sam is supernaturally special again and gets visions/dreams/premonitions and a hotline to a higher power that is only telling him how to fix this. Probably because he is the Chosen One again.  

Jensen is back to hemming and hawing wjem asked specifically for Dean stuff. He thinks something may or could or possibly whatever down the line. But he hasn`t seen anything in the first 4 episodes yet. Well, get used to the feeling because you ain`t gonna see anything in episode 5 to 23 either. If he had something to spoil, he would have done so, just like Jared who had Sam`s shiny new arc, brought to you in ep 2, to spoil. Back to chauffeur, cook and possibly nurse again.  

Dabb, too, named Sam`s story as something he was particularly excited to see but had diddly squat on Dean. So it`s not like they won`t divulge stuff, they smply don`t have anything for the character. Back to status quo.

Well, Comic Con is good for telling you the Season will be a bust way in advance. And this one did its job admirably.  

(edited)

I'm not going to have a chance to watch the panels until later this week, but I find it really hard to believe that Jared can be working without signing some sort of contract. There's way too much money as stake here and I'd be shocked that their various insurance companies would allow him to work without a signed contract in place. In the past, Jared and Jensen have signed their contracts for the next season (not the one they're filming but the next one) in July, so I'm guessing he's talking about S12. Misha and Mark seem to sign their contracts in July for the upcoming season. Maybe they're doing it all different now, though.

Why is there an assumption he's not working under a contract right now? I wasn't implying he wasn't.  

Maybe he's  working under his current contract from last season which might cover an actual calendar year of work which covers more than the shooting schedule of a season.  For example the contract itself might run like July 25th 2014 through July 25 2015.  Maybe there is a provisional contract until the new one is signed. Clearly he's not going to work without some kind of contract in place.  Same for Jensen. But that doesn't mean it's the contract for s11. 

But I'm no expert just relaying that Jared said in his panel he hadn't signed his contract and he didn't seem to be joking. He didn't specify which season. I presumed he meant s11.

Edited by catrox14

Sorry catrox, I didn't realize I was even implying you said any of those things. The only reason I quoted you was to respond to your question about them filming early. The other part was just my own disbelief that Jared would go back to work on S11 if he hasn't signed his contract for S11 and that TPTB would allow it either. I was not specifically trying to single you out.

As far as I know, their contracts cover television seasons with a certain number of episodes generally specified. And, they have routinely been under contract for seasons that have not even been confirmed yet. They signed on for S7 and S8 at the start of S6, months before the renewal for S7. They signed on for S9-10 at the start of S8. I think that's fairly common with leads of a show.--my understanding is that's one of the factors networks will use in determining if they'll renew a show. TBH, I think the main reason they got renewed for S6 is because they still had Jared and Jensen under contract for another year so might as well eek another year out of the little show.

Anyway, I wasn't picking on you personally catrox, just throwing out my own thoughts. Sorry if you thought I was.

So... what?  Crowley finds Death's ring, puts it on, and becomes the new Death?  *yawn*  It's about the only way it makes sense.

My problem is going to be -- will he still be the King of Hell?  If so, that gives him way, way too much power.  Imagine how easy it would be for him to direct all the souls to Hell.

Unfortunately, he and Rowena are on the outs.  Could have been fun if he abdicated to her.  

• Love 1

I don't know how anyone can become the new Death? Death is his own specific entity, IMO. Just like God is his own specific entity. Not just in terms of power but as an entity of his own. Maybe it'll be more like how they had Cass become God? I mean, Cass wasn't actually God, but thought he was powerful enough to be God and more was playing God than actually being God. I might be able to get behind Crowley trying to be Death in some way, but isn't really Death.

• Love 1
(edited)

Crowley is obviously going to be Death, the spoilers all point to it. Who cares if it makes sense? The writers surely aren`t.

Meanwhile Sam is supernaturally special again and gets visions/dreams/premonitions and a hotline to a higher power that is only telling him how to fix this. Probably because he is the Chosen One again.  

Jensen is back to hemming and hawing wjem asked specifically for Dean stuff. He thinks something may or could or possibly whatever down the line. But he hasn`t seen anything in the first 4 episodes yet. Well, get used to the feeling because you ain`t gonna see anything in episode 5 to 23 either. If he had something to spoil, he would have done so, just like Jared who had Sam`s shiny new arc, brought to you in ep 2, to spoil. Back to chauffeur, cook and possibly nurse again.  

Dabb, too, named Sam`s story as something he was particularly excited to see but had diddly squat on Dean. So it`s not like they won`t divulge stuff, they smply don`t have anything for the character. Back to status quo.

Well, Comic Con is good for telling you the Season will be a bust way in advance. And this one did its job admirably.  

Aeryn, I do think Sam is going to be the Chosen One again. And my first thought was as I was literally sitting in Hall H ... we may need a kickstarter campaign for Xanax for Aeryn to support you thru the season.   Not kidding, this is where my mind went.

Although to be fair, I think that each of the actors respond to questions differently.  Jared seems to be pro-whatever story he's going to tell.  Like the Amelia thing.  It was kinda awful but Jared sounded "excited" about it at Comic Con.  Still, I think Jared is going to get the God-driven visions to help solve The Darkness.  But I think Dean is not just washing dishes.  Jensen himself admitted to "premonitions" that he gets from the Darkness.  So, once again, the boys will be Light (Sam) and Dark (Dean) connected. 

I don't  think the season will suck .. but that's me. 

On the panel itself -- if you haven't watched it. -- it's really got a NAUGHTY subtext going.  Face Funked?  Seriously, Rob & Rich moderating was hilarious. And Shepard was in tears, he just couldn't keep it together. It was awesome.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

If Death is how people die, there must be Death or no one dies right?  So that might be why Death needs to exist.

That is actually the thing that I am most interested to see what happens if there is no Death. Torchwood Miracle Day had a really awesome chance to examine what would happen if no one could actually die. Unfortunately they squandered it in the end.  I wouldn't mind seeing Supernatural's take on a lack of Death. 

If Crowley wants ALL the souls to build a bigger stronger Hell, then being Death would be the most expedient way to go about getting ALL the souls.

I hope that something lands on Dean because he did kill Death unless Death isn't really most sincerely dead.  Of course, since that's all the cool stuff I would want examined it won't happen LOL

(edited)

Still, I think Jared is going to get the God-driven visions to help solve The Darkness. 

And I really have to wonder why they couldn`t at least make it a joint storyline but jump right back into SuperSaintlyMartyrChosenOneSam, JUST Sam. Urgh. Will the pimping never end? Why is Dean never considered a character worthy or good or interesting enough for an important role? 

This probably means they will end it on another version of Suck Song, only bigger and better where Sam single-handedly battles away the darkness. And if you look down at his feet, there is Dean, shining his shoes. I mean, that was pretty much what the Season 5 Finale already was on screen. 

But I think Dean is not just washing dishes.  Jensen himself admitted to "premonitions" that he gets from the Darkness.  So, once again, the boys will be Light (Sam) and Dark (Dean) connected.

He didn`t say he is getting premonitions from the Darkness. In fact, he specifically said that in the first 4 scripts they`ve been getting there has been NO connection he can see for Dean and the Darkness. He mentioned premonitions. And we will know SuperSam is getting them so IMO that is what Jensen meant.

I`m currently so disgusted with this show and these writers, I wonder if I can finally drop this crap. At the very least a lot of scenes will get fast-forwarding because I can`t - and I`m not kidding here - can`t watch certain stuff again without barfing. Right now I`m not sure I can watch Sam-scenes in general because no, just no, at the moment.

Edited by Aeryn13

I think Jensen saying he's happy to get back to the brothers dynamic is true. Now big spec. If this is the final season..and who knows if it will be or not, then putting the boys back together makes sense.  They can fight the big bad together and die together. 

That said, I don't really want a dynamic that is just like s1 because I really didn't like much of s1 because it was too much monster of the week and Dean was too snarky until they found the stuff not on the page.  I would not have liked the show with Dean being early s1 Dean the entire time.  Now if the boys are going town to town more that would be cool with more hotels, etc but I prefer the grown up status of their relationship.  And yes I don't mind the angst when Jensen plays it because that boy nails angst. 

BUT I don't want it to go back to Dean's angst coming from worrying about Sam and going back to save!Sam or kill!Sam because visions and premonitions. That will piss me off.  Maybe this time he and Sam can work together to save Cas! That'd be a change of pace. Let Dean angst about Cas for awhile again. 

And the final tidbit he gives is on Sam. Wow, there hasn`t been a single concrete spoiler come out for Dean. Not even something minor. Just vague "he is also there" and random "his mindset" bla bla. Killing Death has apparently no consequences for him personally. So basically, he is pretty non-existant for the mytharc AND the standalones. 

And the final tidbit he gives is on Sam. Wow, there hasn`t been a single concrete spoiler come out for Dean. Not even something minor. Just vague "he is also there" and random "his mindset" bla bla. Killing Death has apparently no consequences for him personally. So basically, he is pretty non-existant for the mytharc AND the standalones. 

I'm trying to remain optimistic that maybe nothing is really being said about Dean's trajectory because it might be a big deal or a surprise? /fingers crossed

I'm trying to remain optimistic that maybe nothing is really being said about Dean's trajectory because it might be a big deal or a surprise?

I`ve heard that too many times now and not a single time it has panned out. Throughout the entiretiy of the show, unfailingly and under each showrunner, whenever there were no spoilers on Dean, it translated into nothing for Dean. Not once was it a surprise reveal, not a single one time in nearly 11 years now. So nope, this isn`t even a miniscule possibility to me right now. 

http://collider.com/supernatural-season-11-darkness-repercussions-and-more-from-comic-con/

Some very interesting tidbits, including:

Andrew Dabb, one of the writers for Supernatural, stated that there will be serious repercussions for Dean in the next season for having killed Death.

One of the show’s writers, Jeremy Carver, stated that the show is tapping into what Death hinted at previously – the battle between God and the Darkness.

Given the grim turn of events and Sam’s desperation to destroy the Darkness, he might be for the first time turning to “The higher power.” Both Jared Padalecki and Jeremy Carver confirmed this.

Mark Sheppard denied the rumor that Crowley will become the new Death. He added that he loves playing Crowley, as “you never quite know if he’s telling the truth or not.”

Was rowena looking for the backdoor entrance to hell?  The footage reminded me of a scene from Taxi Driver.

Also, I agree with those of you who say good, evil, or in between his character deserves a better death than being stabbed off screen.  So hope they were messing with us.

(edited)

The round table interview stated the season picks up minutes after the finale. So I think we'll see the fight. If not Crowley is definirely back in EP2 or 3. So even if he appears stabbed to death, it's not the end of him.

ETA For Aeryn, I believe we're getting mostly normal Sam and Dean. Carver's "ish" I suspect is Sam having the GodTV and Dean getting DarknessTV. But I expect Sam to be more Chosen One this season.

Edited by SueB

So... who is going to appear in SamVision?  Here's some suggestions:

- Charlie (obviously needed, hinted at her return already)

- Samuel (we've seen him on-set)

- John (if they can get JDM)

- Mary (because she would be someone Sam would trust)

- Jess (not a chance ... but that would be AWESOME)

- Bobby (because we don't have a season without Bobby anymore and he means something to Sam)

No, not Charlie, please. Way to ruin SamVision. I vote for Light (opposite of Darkness), the source of life and all that is good on earth?

I mean if Sam is going to be blamed for the Darkness (because Dean is as usual is not at fault), he might as well have a way to fix it. Thought right now I'm getting tired of Sam the screwup. But still if he is always Chosen to screw up, then it's only right he's Chosen to fix it.

Okay, if Death is well and truly dead, and we've got rogue Reapers, does this mean we can look forward to a Reaper Civil War?  'Cause, you know, that story hasn't been run into the ground with the angels or anything like that....

• Love 1

So... who is going to appear in SamVision?  Here's some suggestions:

- Charlie (obviously needed, hinted at her return already)

- Samuel (we've seen him on-set)

- John (if they can get JDM)

- Mary (because she would be someone Sam would trust)

- Jess (not a chance ... but that would be AWESOME)

- Bobby (because we don't have a season without Bobby anymore and he means something to Sam)

How about Kevin...he was a prophet, after all?

• Love 1