Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

I still think Dean ends up in the Empty with Amara.  They had to trick her the last time to get her locked up.  She trusted Lucifer and he betrayed her.  Dean will somehow have to lure her to the Empty.  Or that will be the plan, so we'll have all the emotional farewell speeches, but then God will save the day in the end.  

I'm wondering if God is going to somehow sacrifice himself to stop Amara. The reason I'm thinking of this is because of the lyrics to Chuck's song about leaving, overlapping Metatron's utterly crushed look on his face when he read Chuck's last chapter.

• Love 1

Which would leave Sam and Dean to clean up the mess left behind in their wake? I kinda like this idea. It would get the show back to basics next season with hunting things, saving people and solve the problem of what to do with God on the show. It could work very nicely.

Still though, can't shake the feeling Dean will end up sacrificing himself somehow too. But, the show proved me wrong by coming out and stating Chuck was God--I was sure they would leave it ambiguous as they always have in the past--so perhaps I'm reading this totally wrong too.

• Love 1

It sure seems like that's the direction they are heading; having Dean sacrifice himself somehow. Maybe to save Sam from the Empty? I dunno.

I'm with you on the 'back to basics' though. You know what I'd wish they'd do? Pull a Buffy via season 6 and have a group of nerds causing havoc. Bring the scale back down. Maybe have it start off with some kids making deal with demons like that one SPN episode 'Swap Meat' (but without the body swapping), and over the course of the season things just spiral out of control as they do increasingly serious stuff.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

So Sam rescues Cas not Dean. Which makes me wonder what the heck Dean is going to be doing. I mean that just feels fucking wrong to me that Dean who has been losing his mind over Cas is not the one getting him. Bah, that really does bother me a lot. It shouldn't but it does.

Maybe Dean had to lure Amara away so Sam could get him. I guess. 

Based on what I saw in the preview after "Don't Call Me Shurley," I think Dean is doing some planning with Chuck still maybe? From the brief glimpses I got of the preview of the next episode, it looks to me like only Dean is there talking with Chuck. I have a feeling that "we have to talk" was for Dean and that Sam isn't going to be present. I'm not sure why I got that impression, but it was a strong impression I got from the preview. Maybe after their talk, Chuck is going to be worried that Amara has some awful plans for Dean - and Chuck probably wouldn't be wrong, considering that last time a Winchester was immune to something no one else was, it was the Croatoan virus, and that was because Sam was the designated Lucifer host - and so insists on keeping Dean safe momentarily to plan for something big? Chuck doesn't appear to be present in the Castiel rescue attempt either. Basically with both Lucifer and Castiel involved, maybe the "it's a trap!!!" signals are strong for both Chuck and Dean, so that might be why they are staying away.

Also, my gods, Dean looks STUNNING in that 7th pic. Good grief.....

Agreed, and Sam's not looking so bad himself. (In both the first and eighth photo especially.)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SueB said:

19 hours ago, Demented Daisy said:

"Harry walking into the forest" vibe

*whimpers*

Oh, c'mon.  When you saw the BTS photos at the cemetery, didn't you see the similarities?  

(For non-Potterphiles, Harry willingly walked into the Forbidden Forest, knowing that he was meeting Voldemort and death.  As he was walking, he turned the Resurrection Stone in his hand, bringing back the spectres of those he loved the most -- his mother, his father, Sirius, and Lupin.  They assisted him in his sacrifice, staying by him until the very end.  For what it's worth, Voldemort's killing curse did not actually kill Harry, but did destroy the horcrux inside Harry.  However, Harry protected the whole of the wizarding world from that moment because self-sacrifice is powerful magic.  It's how Harry survived as a baby.  But I digress.)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/05/the-cw-primetime-listings-for-week-of.html

SUPERNATURAL
“Alpha and Omega” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

GOD VS. AMARA – God (guest star Rob Benedict) comes to a decision about Amara (guest star Emily Swallows) that has direct repercussions for Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles). Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb (#1123). Original airdate 5/25/2016.

It sounds more like God has been brought in to ultimately take care of the Seasonal mytharc with Amara. I can see Dean getting a little role as bait (as Lucifer may have once said in the first go-around) but God will be the MVP. And him and Amara will either kill each other or both go away forever if they feel killing actual God off is too much. It would still fit with the farewell hints in the last episode.

They can even bring in another yellow crayon moment where it looks like Dean might just fall under Amara`s sway but then doesn`t. Well, it`s a better role than 5.22 but it`s still way short of the finish line. 

In the end, God being permanently gone will have the same consequences as Death being killed did.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Demented Daisy said:

Oh, c'mon.  When you saw the BTS photos at the cemetery, didn't you see the similarities?  

(For non-Potterphiles, Harry willingly walked into the Forbidden Forest, knowing that he was meeting Voldemort and death.  As he was walking, he turned the Resurrection Stone in his hand, bringing back the spectres of those he loved the most -- his mother, his father, Sirius, and Lupin.  They assisted him in his sacrifice, staying by him until the very end.  For what it's worth, Voldemort's killing curse did not actually kill Harry, but did destroy the horcrux inside Harry.  However, Harry protected the whole of the wizarding world from that moment because self-sacrifice is powerful magic.  It's how Harry survived as a baby.  But I digress.)

Totally!  But I was on a crying jag yesterday and the thought of that scene (especially the book version) is just so brilliantly painful.  And I expect you are right. 

Oy. Mary being there in particular.  She's gonna say the word 'honey' like she always does ....

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 6:59 AM, Demented Daisy said:

(For non-Potterphiles, Harry willingly walked into the Forbidden Forest, knowing that he was meeting Voldemort and death.  

God, I'm old.  I thought it was this Harry, when the Hendersons were fake mean to Harry to make him go into the forest to save him from evil government/scientist types that probably would have dissected him.

iPg67gVboxwYVQgep1TQHCsTanv.jpg

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3

"Waah, my sister was so mean to me and bossed me around, waaaah."

Holy crap, Did we really need the uber-clumsy, on-the-nose parallel with a whiny God? 

And of course Sam gets the gentle-voiced "I always believed in you" whereas Dean gets the pouty. passive-aggressive dig. Well, the first commandment not being "do not kill" or any of that but instead "thou shalt have no other God besides me" should have clues us in that there is a giant ego that needs validating there. 

Cry moar, Chuck.

Why the hell is Amara shielding herself from him? She did everything to get his attention. She screamed for him to come.  

• Love 3
(edited)

http://www.eonline.com/news/763582/god-s-throwing-shade-at-sam-and-dean-on-supernatural-but-can-he-help-defeat-the-darkness

Okay so this makes NO Goddamn sense in the writing.

So Amara has been killing humans, unleashing all kinds of hell on Earth, screaming out "HEAR ME" to get his attention yet Chuck says she warded herself specifically against him?? So Amara is what the stupidest goddess on the planet or has no memory that she warded herself against him?

No that makes no sense. It's total plot failure or Chuck is lying. I mean shouldn't the Mark alone track her? Does god not actually have a copy of the Mark on him?

It looks like Sam's faith is rewarded with an attaboy. Chuck should have just given him a cookie whilst he was at it for as much as that was a reward. I give Sam credit because it looked to me like he wasn't too happy with Chuck's "affirmation" or whatever.

Also fuck you Chuck. Don't even with the "My sibling was so mean" UGH SHUT UP. Don't even with the guilt trip on Dean when you could have shown Dean just a smidge of faith in HIM.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Sam has been fairly consistent in his faith in God pretty much from the jump. I think he expressed doubt in him t least once but generally he's shown faith. Dean, OTOH, had no faith until S4/S5 and then got it crushed. I don't think Dean has forgiven Hod for that one.  

So, I get God's POV. But partly because of what God prioritizes. And I don't think Dean agrees with his priorities.  If they never come to an understanding on this, then God won't get unwavering faith from a Dean.  That's free will.  However, I hope Dean takes this topic on with God because this implied rebuke should not just be 'taken' IMO.  Dean has a valid POV IMO and having essentially protected humanity in a large scale for a long time, a conversation is warranted.  

I'm not so bothered by the logic. To me, plan-wise it makes sense to me as to what Amara wants to do. I thought her motivation was to get God's (I think I'm gonna call him Chod) attention so He would see her destroy his creation... then she wants to destroy him. So for me, her plan makes sense. She wants Chod to fret, and wonder where she is while she smashes his stuff, and then she'll find him and force a confrontation. But until she's ready for the coup des gras, to me it makes sense to keep herself hidden. Amara wants his attention, but that doesn't mean she wants a confrontation - yet. Not before she wreaks havoc on his creation anyway, hopefully while Chod sees it.

1 minute ago, SueB said:

Sam has been fairly consistent in his faith in God pretty much from the jump. I think he expressed doubt in him t least once but generally he's shown faith. Dean, OTOH, had no faith until S4/S5 and then got it crushed. I don't think Dean has forgiven Hod for that one.  

So, I get God's POV. But partly because of what God prioritizes. And I don't think Dean agrees with his priorities.  If they never come to an understanding on this, then God won't get unwavering faith from a Dean.  That's free will.  However, I hope Dean takes this topic on with God because this implied rebuke should not just be 'taken' IMO.  Dean has a valid POV IMO and having essentially protected humanity in a large scale for a long time, a conversation is warranted.  

What does Chuck prioritize though? We don't actually know, do we? I mean he doesn't seem to care that humanity was going to get wiped out by his sister. He didn't care about the Apocalpyse.  He didn't care if humanity torched itself.  So please I don't see what it is the Chuck prioritizes that Dean should be made to feel guilty.

Dean didn't need to have faith in Chuck when he was saving people and hunting things and protecting Sam all his life. But that's not good enough for Chuck? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't say Dean needs to feel guilty. I said they have a different perspective and should talk about it.

And God prioritized his POV last episode: 'I took responsibility, I backed off. At some point the training wheels have to come off.'   He's ONLY off the bench for Amara.  I don't think he's off the bench for everything. THAT'S IMO where the conflict lies. Dean, and many audience members, thinks God should be proactive. That's not the SPN God's POV (per last episode).  This topic, IMO, should be aired out.  And then even if they agree to disagree, the two need to work together to defeat Amara.  I'm pretty sure Chuck will need Dean.  And Dean's going to need Chuck.  This won't be he first time that Dean works with someone that he doesn't see eye to eye on. 

Edited by SueB
20 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I'm not so bothered by the logic. To me, plan-wise it makes sense to me as to what Amara wants to do. I thought her motivation was to get God's (I think I'm gonna call him Chod) attention so He would see her destroy his creation... then she wants to destroy him. So for me, her plan makes sense. She wants Chod to fret, and wonder where she is while she smashes his stuff, and then she'll find him and force a confrontation. But until she's ready for the coup des gras, to me it makes sense to keep herself hidden. Amara wants his attention, but that doesn't mean she wants a confrontation - yet. Not before she wreaks havoc on his creation anyway, hopefully while Chod sees it.

IMO, everything has been played straight that Amara's behavior was all to get her brother's attention and each time he ignored her pleadings and searching she escalated her attacks. I never took it that she was trying to break his toys before she confronted him. If that was what they were doing they never made it seem that way to me.

And we don't know what's going to come after the clip either. For all we know, Chod could turn back to Sam and say, "but you let me down, and not for the first time," or something like that. (It would fit with his tone/attitude last episode). Chod at present seems to be about Chod and  his impression on the world - that's why he got annoyed when Metatron brought up Amara - so Sam's faith would be attractive to him, but it's not - as SueB points out - that Dean doesn't have a point. As Mystery Guest said "Chuck is a pain in the ass."

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

IMO, everything has been played straight that Amara's behavior was all to get her brother's attention and each time he ignored her pleadings and searching she escalated her attacks. I never took it that she was trying to break his toys before she confronted him. If that was what they were doing they never made it seem that way to me.

I could have sworn that when Amara outlined her plans/desires to Rowena that they included having God see all of his creations destroyed before destroying Him, but it is possible that I am remembering that incorrectly - or maybe it was Rowena's idea or something. I didn't watch that particular episode a second time I don't think, so potentially a fail on my part there.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, SueB said:

I didn't say Dean needs to feel guilty. I said they have a different perspective and should talk about it.

I'm saying that Chod is passive aggressively trying to guilt trip Dean for losing faith ...at some point or other. But if Chod never answered Dean's prayers when he did pray then why should he been guilt tripping Dean at all. What could Dean have done to prove his faith? Say Yes to Michael?

Or Chod just pissed off that Dean never believed in him in the first place?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

And we don't know what's going to come after the clip either. For all we know, Chod could turn back to Sam and say, "but you let me down, and not for the first time," or something like that. (It would fit with his tone/attitude last episode). Chod at present seems to be about Chod and  his impression on the world - that's why he got annoyed when Metatron brought up Amara - so Sam's faith would be attractive to him, but it's not - as SueB points out - that Dean doesn't have a point. As Mystery Guest said "Chuck is a pain in the ass."

I could have sworn that when Amara outlined her plans/desires to Rowena that they included having God see all of his creations destroyed before destroying Him, but it is possible that I am remembering that incorrectly - or maybe it was Rowena's idea or something. I didn't watch that particular episode a second time I don't think, so potentially a fail on my part there.

Yeah she did say that but it wasn't being portrayed that way until it was said two episodes ago. And when she said it, she could have only been referring to the fog she released and torturing Lucifer. I don't think it had been her plan the whole time. At least that's not how it came across to me.

Even if that is her plan it's still makes no sense for her for her to be screaming "HEAR ME" if she is actually warded against him hearing her. 

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I know. I'm saying that Chod is passive aggressively trying to guilt trip Dean for losing faith ...at some point or other. But if Chod never answered Dean's prayers when he did pray then why should he been guilt tripping Dean at all. What could Dean have done to prove his faith? Say Yes to Michael? 

Ding ding ding! Well, maybe... Even though in the end Chod also said that they "passed his test" by not saying "yes," but that's probably just because in that instance they put the world first... even though he also said that they "chose family, and isn't that what's important?" Apparently not since Sam choosing Dean this time and setting Amara free was a big fail according to Chod... In addition to Chuck being the above mentioned "pain in the ass" apparently also, as Metatron noted, he isn't a very good writer either - he keeps changing his message. Hee.

5 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

But, did God not answer Dean's prayers? I kinda think he did answer Dean's prayers in S5, otherwise why did God intervene at all?

Dean's first on screen prayer was in s5 in My Bloody Valentine. Chod did not answer that prayer because Dean learned that Chod had left the building and didn't want to be found. So at that point, from Dean's perspective Chod was gone. And has been gone and not answering their prayers.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dean's first on screen prayer was in s5 in My Bloody Valentine. Chod did not answer that prayer because Dean learned that Chod had left the building and didn't want to be found. So at that point, from Dean's perspective Chod was gone. And has been gone and not answering their prayers.

Yes, I know Dean doesn't think God answered his prayers, but that doesn't necessarily mean God didn't answer his prayers. Does anybody really know if God answered their prayers?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

But, did God not answer Dean's prayers? I kinda think he did answer Dean's prayers in S5, otherwise why did God intervene at all?

To further His own plans? When God put Castiel back together, he supposedly made him an angel again, but not enough so that he could help Bobby when Bobby got paralyzed... which is interesting, considering Cas fixed Sam and Dean earlier. So Chod brought Castiel back to help Sam and Dean, but when Cas actually did help Sam and Dean - except he helped them to not say "yes" - Cas ended up on double-secret probation and lost some of his powers to be helpful and eventually was barred from heaven altogether... because he helped Sam and Dean.

So maybe Chod helped as long as things went chugging along to his showdown eventually, but if the pleas for help - such as Dean asking for help at the end of "My Bloody Valentine" and then again in "Dark Side..." were inconsequential to that, he just ignored them? And if Castiel helped Sam and Dean, but not in a way that furthered His agenda, He actually penalized him for doing so by letting Cas be cut off from heaven. So yeah, not altogether all that helpful if you ask me.

For all we know, Chod brought Castiel back to continue being the double agent that he was in season 4 - in that Castiel helped the other side just as much if not more than he helped the Winchesters - and then when Castiel didn't continue in that role, he got "punished." (Since based on what happened, the evidence would seem to point in that direction.) Bringing Castiel back at the end of season 5 wasn't exactly all that helpful either when all was said and done.

• Love 1
Just now, DittyDotDot said:

Yes, I know Dean doesn't think God answered his prayers, but that doesn't necessarily mean God didn't answer his prayers. Does anybody really know if God answered their prayers?

We have no confirmation one way on screen on way or the other. But we do have Chod with a chapter in his autobiography called.

" Chapter Ten -- Why I Never Answer Prayers, and You Should Be Glad I Don't "

• Love 1
(edited)

Interview w/Rob Benedict at TVLine.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/10/supernatural-spoilers-season-11-episode-21-chuck-god/

TVLINE | Unlike the fans, Dean and Sam have been in the dark about Chuck’s identity. So how do they react to finding out he is God?
We have to have a little sit-down, because I’ve got a lot of explaining to do. My whole thing is going to be, first of all, convincing them that I am God and not just Chuck being weird. The other part of it is just getting them on board with me and what our job is going to be, what the obstacle ahead of us is.

Hee!  Sounds like fun.

Edited by Demented Daisy
To add quote.
  • Love 1

Well, having all of this make sense in the SPN world is the main reason some of us didn't want them to go the God route in the first place.  But since they have, the onus is now on them to make this an ultimately satisfying part of the story, and not just piss everyone off.  I'll wait until I watch the next episode before judging too harshly, because sometimes those little snippet previews can be misleading.  I certainly don't want Dean hanging his head and unable to meet God's eyes because he's ashamed.  If anyone should be ashamed of their behavior, it's God.  He should have cleaned up his mess in heaven a long time ago.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Demented Daisy said:

But God did just this past episode.  Dean asked/demanded him to stop Amara's fog and he did, thereby saving everyone in the town.

Did he? I don't think it's that cut and dried.

Metatron had just finished chewing Chod out about abandoning humanity and Chod had completed his new pages before Dean shouted at the sky.  

He put the amulet in Sam's pocket so Dean and Sam would come to talk to him because he needs their help. IMO he had already made the choice to save humanity and deal with this sister and it had nothing to do with Dean's demand

Edited by catrox14

If he wasn't answering Dean's prayer, then why include it in the first place?  Why not have Dean continue to talk to Sam -- or demand that Amara stop the fog, since she's the one who started it?

My interpretation is that Dean asked and God complied.  He didn't have to intervene at that exact moment, but he chose to.  So, agree to disagree and all that.

• Love 1

I think that can go in the same basket with the "where was the amulet" question.  Was it with Sam the whole time, or did God put it there at the last minute?  Had God already decided to intervene and save humanity, which is why he sang his song and finished his auto-biography, or did he make a snap decision based on Dean's plea?  I'm not sure that last wasn't just a happy coincidence.  

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

If he wasn't answering Dean's prayer, then why include it in the first place?  Why not have Dean continue to talk to Sam -- or demand that Amara stop the fog, since she's the one who started it?

Because they want to create a mystery? And to show Dean's desperation.  Not being snarky.

It was debated in the episode thread as to who Dean was really shouting at. Some thought it was Amara but then decided maybe not since he used the term "dick".

He could have been screaming at God but maybe Amara heard Dean and stopped for Dean because she heard the pain in his voice. I mean as much as I hate Amara she has not yet to hurt him and freed him and Sam from Lucifer''s hold in Hell's Angel.

But I think it was Chuck but not in response to Dean.

Edited by catrox14

So it's like I thought and Chuck is the younger sibling. God is recreating his sibling conflict using his unwitting creations.How much free will is involved when your Father/God asks or demands you take a mark, pushing you towards an almost inevitable conclusion? How much free will is involved if you give uniformed consent?

Lucifer presumably took the mark because God told him to, Cain took the mark to save Abel, Dean took the mark to stop Abbadon and probably to atone for stuff. The road to hell and all that but they all seem to have had good intentions.

Chuck doesn't seem IMO to have had good intentions, he encouraged Sam to break the last seal (M@tEoTB), he encouraged Dean to give up (DSotM)

And for what purpose? He was so passive aggressive that he had to create others to do his dirty work.To imprison his sibling, no wonder Lucifer was so bitter.

• Love 3

You have to wonder how this all plays itself out.  Does God intend to go back to heaven at all?  If not, and he just sticks around on earth long enough to put Amara back in her place, then won't that open up a whole new can of worms between angels and humans?  They've been shown to be barely tolerant of God's children, so if God finally shows his face, but doesn't bother to try to put some order back in heaven, how does that end well?  

He wants everyone to have faith in him while he hasn't really shown to be worthy of that faith.  Human's are supposed to get their just rewards in heaven so there is that, but what of the angels who've believed in him forever.  What do they have to show for it?  SPN's heaven doesn't seem all that much fun for the angels, so what's their reward for the endless faith in an absent God?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

You have to wonder how this all plays itself out.  Does God intend to go back to heaven at all?  If not, and he just sticks around on earth long enough to put Amara back in her place, then won't that open up a whole new can of worms between angels and humans?  They've been shown to be barely tolerant of God's children, so if God finally shows his face, but doesn't bother to try to put some order back in heaven, how does that end well?  

He wants everyone to have faith in him while he hasn't really shown to be worthy of that faith.  Human's are supposed to get their just rewards in heaven so there is that, but what of the angels who've believed in him forever.  What do they have to show for it?  SPN's heaven doesn't seem all that much fun for the angels, so what's their reward for the endless faith in an absent God?

I'm just really almost looking forward to Cas meeting God as anyone else. I mean honestly, he believed until he learned God left. He tried so hard. I just need to see how that's gonna go

17 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

In DSotM Dean and Sam didn't seem to get their just rewards, it seemed liked they got screwed over, JMO.

Nothing, they have nothing to show for it.

• Love 1

I think heaven is in the eye of the beholder.  People like Pamela and even Ash seemed fairly content.  Even Bobby, for that matter.  But I don't think that Dean would be content.  I think both he and Sam know too much about what's behind the curtain to find much comfort in heaven.  I suppose if it meant seeing their parents again, and the people they've lost along the way, that would be something.  But there's no guarantee that they won't be stuck in a room somewhere, or just endlessly riding down the road in Baby.

The problem is that the portrayal of heaven has not been consistent.  Jimmy went to heaven and ended up being reunited with his wife when she died, but Bobby just sits in a room by himself.  Bobby's heaven kind of sucked, in my opinion.  Ash said he could move around, but most people couldn't or don't.  Maybe I'm over thinking it and just need to stick with the obvious...heaven good, hell bad.

• Love 1