Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Why is Jared in Texas?  Is there a break in filming already?

Based on catrox's post about Stephen Amell hanging out with Jared.  Possibly in Jared's wine cellar.  Also, Stephen Amell's tweets about being in Texas:

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood  20h20 hours ago
Texas. Summer. You can leave your hotel without extensive baby powder application. But you shouldn't.

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood  Jul 31
The bromance will be real this weekend.

Did I miss something?

Jared and Jensen generally go back home on their days off. The show generally shoots eight days per episode and Jared and Jensen usually only shoot five to six of those days. The remaining days are second unit days where they shoot all the inset shots and stuff with the guest stars that Jared and Jensen aren't in. I'm assuming it's their weekend.

Part of the reason I think we "hear" so much about Jared and airplane issues is because both he and Jensen are on them weekly.  Many of the weekends they go back home unless they are doing a convention or have an extra late shoot on Fraturday (Friday that slides into Saturday).  I think Gen Padelecki and their kids stay up in Vancouver a lot too.

AFAIK they fly home virtually every week if they can.  But in this particular case there is a big wine thing happening in Austin this weekend that Amell is either hosting or participating in with his wine company "Nocking Point" . I love that name so much. He's a really smart guy IMO. I mean even when he goes onto something else after Arrow, he'll be forever remembered for being the Green Arrow even through his wine company.  Clever boy he is. So great. 

On topic, here's a spoiler  spec. Stephen Amell said during his nerd HQ panel he wants to be on SPN as a waiter and wants the boys on Arrow as Thug 5 and Thug 6.

I have both scenes worked out in my head. They could totally lampshade it and it would be hilarious .

Flashback tag at the end of Arrow. SA is sporting his hilariously terrible wig, working in a bar in some small town before returning to Starling City. He''s taking out the trash or something and sees some kind of scuffle happening in the parking lot beside this black Impala with like 6 guys. The two really tall guys seem to be handling it so he stays out of it goes back inside and stands there watching out the window with his co-worker and says "That black smoke around the car is kind of weird."  Finally he shrugs his shoulders and continues working ....fade to black.

Then SPN starts right after that, with a flashback cold open. The boys are sitting at a table in a bar, all disheveled from the fight and talking about whatever demons were after them or what have you. The waiter comes to bring them their beer and food and it's SA is in his hilariously bad flashback wig. He walks away and Sam is side-eying him as he walks away like he's seen him before and says to Dean "Man. That guy really looks like that billionaire that died when his boat sank...weird" and Dean says "Well, if that's him you'd think a rich guy like him could afford a better haircut".

Jump to the present .....and scene.

• Love 5

Well with Crowley and Cas not being with the boys there are probably some times when they don't have to help the guest stars.  I got that they like to help the guest stars and film shots they don't have to but with 4 regulars and some shots that don't involve the guys at all that could give them the time to take a flight home. 

Around here it's worthless. When SueB (that MAP!and Dot (for science?! You're usually so sweet!) join in I mildly panic. Demented Daisy is just to be expected, so I'm really okay with that. Honestly I'm fine. But when Omegamom  (hack her up so she can't shoot you again?! Where did that come from?) and Awesom both go off their meds on the same night, (And honestly Awesom, I expected more from you. California Cows?! Are you okay?) the end is near. At least for my sanity.

I defy anyone from another show on this board read just this page and believe we're all safe to be out in public.

Now I'm going to go watch several episodes and try to figure this all out. Watch catrox troll by with dandelions. I wouldn't put it past her!

Pats Mick Lady on the back...it's okay.  They need to think about this or they might go crazy and look at all the fun things they have given us to think about.  I mean I see fake blood on Jared's neck.  They see patterns and possibilities.  The supply is endless and gives us something to do instead of fretting about normal stuff, like going back to school,  paying bills, and any other boring things.  Now you wouldn't want to be bored would you?

So just admire all the interesting points of views and see if any of them actually come true.  Oops I see Dean...

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 3

Another distraction...with spoiler!

What appears to be a gratuitous shirtless Jared and Steven Amell pic:

TeKanZe.jpg

pic from @jarpad

Is actually a CLUE!  

qupRbCY.jpg

@SuperWiki spotted the Anti-possession tattoo!  Since they are filming EP 2, I think this tells us two things:

1) Sam, at some point, got re-tattoo'd

2) Sam is shirtless in EP2

Sam's tattoo..and Jared's hair is something I've noticed..

It's longer, more layered, without that Prince Valiant crap we saw last season, much more like his hair from s9.  If 11.01 is picking up right where 10.23 left off, they blew the continuity with his hair, which when has that ever happened before?

The tattoo was burned off in s9 and would they really go the rest of s9 and all s10 without telling us Sam got the tattoo back...cause that's kind of a big deal.

My spec, with the long hair and the tattoo, we might be getting some kind of flashback or time reset.

Oh I would love that, Mick Lady. I really did like Jesse...

And they wouldn't even have to make him a deux ex machina necessarily. A small explanation that he's not as powerful as he once was because Lucifer is back in the cage, and they could give him some power, but not be able to solve the problem entirely outright. Or they could keep him all powerful, but have to go find him with others looking, too.

But sadly, I think the writers may have forgotten all about Jesse.

I speculated some time ago that we should get Chuck and Jesse.  Turns out they've been roaming the earth, Kung Fu-style, while Chuck trains Jesse on how to use his powers for good.

But that would be too much fun.  So it'll never happen.  ;-)

Is it just me or does it seem like we're getting very little info?  Compare it to last summer -- by now, we had descriptions of the first 3 episodes and the 200th.  We had photos from the episodes.  It's... odd, how quiet everyone is being.

• Love 1

I was just coming here to ask that same question because the TCA panels and discussions are this week and Supernatural doesn't appear to have any representation at all, not a producer or writer or actor not that I can see. Maybe I've overlooked it. 

It's too quiet. 

The following is from an excerpt from the agenda for the CW TCA stuff on Thursday from SpoilerTV

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/08/cbs-cw-and-showtime-tca-summer-press.html

THE CW TALENT: Jay Ali, Justin Baldoni, Paul Blackthorne, Rachel Bloom, Nathaniel Buzolic, Jaime Camil, Donna Lynne Champlin, Ivonne Coll, Brett Dier, Emma Fitzpatrick, Santino Fontana, Pete Gardner, Yael Grobglas, Vella Lovell, Yara Martinez, Andrea Navedo, Dominic Purcell, David Ramsey, Gina Rodriguez, Brandon Routh, Vincent Rodriguez III, Jonathan Silverman, Josh Zuckerman    THE CW PRODUCERS: Caroline Dries, Erin Cardillo, Dana Gabrion, Jorge Granier, Marc Guggenheim, Richard Keith, Phil Klemmer, Aline Brosh McKenna, Wendy Mericle, Ken Mok, Les Morgenstein, Michael Narducci, Gary Pearl, Julie Plec, Tripp Reed, Diane Ruggiero-Wright, Laura Fuest Silva, Ben Silverman, Jennie Snyder Urman, Gabrielle Stanton

Edited by catrox14

You know, I can't remember if Supernatural usually has a presence at the TCAs. Last year they did, but they were really promoting the 200th episode and it being their 10th season. I can't recall if it's a usual thing for this show. 

The Vancouver Con should be coming up soon, right?

So I tweeted at Danille Turchiano to see why SPN didn't have much of a presence at today's TCA event and she said it's mostly about new shows...but I thought then why is Arrow, and Vampire Diaries and Person of Interest there but I decided to not belabor the point. Seemed kind of strange to me.

It makes sense to me. Arrow has build on its numbers and Flash is doing very well so obviously the network will try to keep this momentum going. Kinda like Mini-Marvel right now. Vampire Diaries on the other hand has been free-falling in numbers and yet they obviously still want to milk it so why not try and use the recent reset to maybe renew interest. POI is a different network so they might have decided to give the final Season a last hurrah.

Meanwhile SPN, apparently noone has to bother with anything. The network doesn`t have to promote it and the writers can be as shitty as they want and it still pulls in respectable ratings. It basically runs itself. So,to be honest, I wouldn`t throw a single dollar at it or make a single effort either. That`s PR budget you can better use for other shows where either PR or writing or both might make a dent.   

I remember once asking an executive producer why they didn't advertize more and the answer was the show was considered solid and you spent the money on the shows that had a heavy competition or you felt it needed a boost.

SPN isn't that according to ratings.  It has already been told as long as the ratings hold it will have a time slot.  That is more than many older shows gets.  :)  Yes I wish they wouldn't take us for granted.

• Love 1

Mark Pedowitz said today the usual mantra.  As long as the numbers hold and the boys want to continue..from TVLinehttp://tvline.com/2015/08/11/supernatural-end-date-the-cw-finale-renewed/

Supernatural will outlive us all.

There is absolutely no end in sight for the CW’s everlasting drama, network president Mark Pedowitz maintained Tuesday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour. “If the numbers hold and the [producers] want to do it, we’re in,” he said of continuing the series beyond its upcoming 11th season. “We’re very excited that the guys want to keep on doing it. They bring fresh enthusiasm every week.”

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

You know reading that quote from Pedowitz.  He said if the [producers] want to continue. It makes me wonder if Carver might want to move onto other things and that might also explain why Andrew Dabb was so vocal at Comic Con...even more so than Carver.

Hmmm.

I can't find the original quote, but I had seen it as him saying "and if the boys want to do it", and people have been adding their own clarification as to who "the boys" are.  I've seen it as Jensen and Jared, I've seen it as the producers (as above) and I've seen it as the producers and stars.  There is always movement behind the scenes, when they had renewed it after S7, it appeared that they were working on a 3 season arc and I think that was everyone's intention to end it after 10.  But then the ratings and buzz went up (and I have my own ideas about why that happened), but I think the extension put everyone back in limbo.  So it does sound like Andrew Dabb might be taking a bigger role, but whether that would be to potentially replace Carver or to take over some of Singer's role, I think it's hard to say.  

I'm thinking Dabb took a bigger role at Comic Con this year because he's the big man on the totem pole in the writer's room right now. Other than the Horrible Duo, he's the writer whose been on the show the longest. He even has a year on Carver. It seems like Singer doesn't like to do these things, so who else is left? Robbie Thompson wouldn't be a bad choice, but perhaps he was otherwise engaged for Silk or something?

I'm not sure if I should actually count the Horrible Duo, though, since they really didn't write full episodes until S7 except for the one they did in S1.

Edited by DittyDotDot

Glass, Berens and Thompson (while at SDCC) all indicated Dabb was on the panel because it was time he got a little recognition.  They were all thrilled with him and clearly very fond of him as a person. Glass, in particular, emphasized how much Andrew Dabb really comes up with a lot of the ideas.

• Love 2

I enjoyed Dabb and suggested a page or so back they should let him do the talking more. He seems to have a great sense of humor and seems really excited about the show. He had some really good answers and side-stepped a few too. I don't know, I'd be interested in seeing him be more front in center.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

Why has he not before?

He terribly shy from what I understand. He did an EXCELLENT job of not showing it but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this.  Plus, the only other writer to make it to SDCC (beside Singer/Carver/Kripke/Gamble who are showrunners) is Ben Edlund.  Who is kinda in a class by himself. I don't think Glass ever made it.

Posting this here because this is pretty spoilery from Jared IMO. On set from 11.04 "Baby"

https://instagram.com/p/6V4_zvycUI/

Thomas J Wright is directing whom I LOVE and think he's done some of the best episodes and arguably important character/plot episodes of the show (Bitten and Repo Man notwithstanding). I think this episode might be a bigger deal than just a tribute/homage whatever to Baby. 

- The Prisoner (2015)
- Reichenbach (2014)
- Do You Believe in Miracles (2014)
- Meta Fiction (2014)
- Holy Terror (2013)
- Clip Show (2013)
- Goodbye Stranger (2013)
- Bitten (2012)
- Repo Man (2012)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I think they generally slate their directors before any scripts are written and before they even have the basic outline for the season mapped out. I think it might be more down to director availability than them getting certain directors for certain scripts. The episode very well might be more than a one off, but I think it's just an accident Thomas J Wright is directing it.

Although, going by history, episode 3, 4 or 5 tends to be when they go off book and do something a little on the batty side.

• 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock
  • 4.03 In the Beginning
  • 4.05 Monster Movie
  • 5.04 The End
  • 6.04 Weekend at Bobby's
  • 8.04 Bitten
  • 9.04 Slumber Party
  • 10.05 Fan Fiction
  • Love 1

Oh I would love that, Mick Lady. I really did like Jesse...

And they wouldn't even have to make him a deux ex machina necessarily. A small explanation that he's not as powerful as he once was because Lucifer is back in the cage, and they could give him some power, but not be able to solve the problem entirely outright. Or they could keep him all powerful, but have to go find him with others looking, too.

But sadly, I think the writers may have forgotten all about Jesse.

I didn't "like" your post, because I so hope you're wrong! Of all the dropped storylines and plot points, this one has the most possibilities, and takes in the mytharc so perfectly.

I don't remember, and I refuse to go back and check (we've watched like, 20 hrs. of Supernatural this weekend) Who wrote the Jesse episode?

Why did I know you would know this?

So there's hope? Dabb is still involved, and what I gather from this thread is getting some attention.

We've started paying attention to directors and writers because of this thread. It adds a whole new dimension to the series. Mick's in love with Ben Edlund.

I've mixed feelings about Dabb. He's written some great episodes but also some really bad ones and I don't know what to make of him overall.  But then I don't know if the bad episodes were a result of his writing partner Daniel Loflin who's since left.  But Dabb wrote Bloodlines which I'm just chalking up to a failure by the organization and not just Dabb. He also wrote Yellow Fever, Dark Side of the Moon, Frontierland, Reichenbach, Inside Man and The Prisoner which are amongst my favorite episodes of the entire series.  So go figure. And he wrote What's Up, Tiger Mommy with the great Purgatory stuff so.....go figure.

I feel like he does pretty with mixing character with plot like Inside Man and Dark Side of the Moon.

4.06 Yellow Fever with Daniel Loflin
    4.13 After School Special with Daniel Loflin
    4.19 Jump the Shark with Daniel Loflin
    5.06 I Believe the Children Are Our Future with Daniel Loflin
    5.11 Sam, Interrupted with Daniel Loflin
    5.16 Dark Side of the Moon with Daniel Loflin
    5.19 Hammer of the Gods with Daniel Loflin
    6.04 Weekend at Bobby's with Daniel Loflin
    6.07 Family Matters with Daniel Loflin
    6.13 Unforgiven with Daniel Loflin
    6.18 Frontierland with Daniel Loflin and Jackson Stewart; teleplay with Daniel Loflin
    7.03 The Girl Next Door with Daniel Loflin
    7.08 Season Seven, Time for a Wedding! with Daniel Loflin
    7.14 Plucky Pennywhistle's Magic Menagerie with Daniel Loflin
    7.22 There Will Be Blood with Daniel Loflin
    8.02 What's Up, Tiger Mommy? with Daniel Loflin
    8.08 Hunteri Heroici
    8.14 Trial and Error
    8.22 Clip Show
    9.02 Devil May Care
    9.10 Road Trip
    9.20 Bloodlines
    9.22 Stairway to Heaven
    10.02 Reichenbach
    10.09 The Things We Left Behind
    10.17 Inside Man
    10.22 The Prisoner

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Some of the episodes I liked but I was seriously not impressed with his interviews from Comic Con. He seemed very hyper on Samnatural so currently I`m very meh on him.

Anyway, right now it seems kinda dead spoiler-wise. And so far there hasn`t been a single one spoiler I found enticing/interesting/exciting.  

Thanks DD for posting this image. I was too lazy to upload it elsewhere so I just posted the link up thread.

Thanks for posting the YVR shoots MYFAKETVBIYFRIEND.

So speculation time from the BTS photos:

Sam shot out Baby's back window? Ruh roh.

Who tried to steal Baby?

Who's blood is on the window? Deans or someone else?

Mostly though I wonder if this is going to be flashbacks or current time in sequence because I'm still obsessing over Sams hair being s9/early s10 length when s11 is supposed to start immediately following the end of s10, meaning no time jump.

How long after the Darkness arrives is the Baby episode?

Sam is wearing a red plaid shirt over a black t-shirt. He's worn brown and rust colored shirts but I can't remember a time before when Sam has worn red. Is that red it looks red to me? Hmm Dean murder shirt combo-esque.

Dean is wearing black t-shirt under greenish gray shirt.

When have Sam and Dean ever worn the same color t-shirt that wasn't a uniform or their Fed suits? I can't remember a time. Does this mean anything?

Edited by catrox14

Okay, I'm now feeling like I can throw out a theory on the episode structure: Baby gets stolen--by what, I don't know yet--and we stay with Baby while the boys try to recover her. So, I don't think it'll be a procedural-type episode, but I do imagine whoever stole Baby to be supernatural of sorts. I also imagine, we'll see Sam and Dean mostly only at the start and finish of the episode--probably something akin to Bitten in that regards--otherwise I'm thinking the boys are going to be in the background of scenes more. I'm expecting the shot of them with the tapes between them to be at the end of the episode as part of the denouement. 

That's all I got right now. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well I'm going to put a few ideas out because... new data! at last!  

1) So, I agree, at some point Baby gets stolen and Sam shoots out her window.

2) Dean fighting something in the backseat --- well, I'm finally going to talk about a theory I've been harboring.  In one of the SDCC interviews, someone asked Carver if there would be anything "extra sexy" going on. And he struggled to answer and then started to talk about the Baby episode.  So... it occurred to me, 'Dean having sex in the backseat of Baby'.  That would be kinda par for a Baby episode.  BUT, his pause made me wonder.  Now I'll go ahead and speculate that Dean THINKS he's going to get sex in the backseat and instead he ends up beheading the "girl".  I think would be funny because trying to have a fight scene in the back seat of the car would be kinda hilarious.  Kinda like a Pulp Fiction moment, but with knives and teeth/claws/whatevernaturalweaponthemonsterhas.  It's not like Dean is going to intentionally crawl into the back seat with someone to have a fight.  So... sex (attempt) it is... which is why Carver change mid-sentence about the "extra-sexy-moment" topic. (see interview here, start at 1:50 moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5HmnRVnVNg)

3) I think most of the episode will be filmed from the car POV.  So, if Sam comes running out to shoot the car... I could see first him being filmed from Baby's POV exiting the station and then from inside when the window shatters.  

4) I think Baby is going to have a ROUGH episode.  And I wouldn't be surprised if the scene ends with Sam and Dean cleaning her up.  And really (sorry in advance catrox...) what could be nicer for a "sentient"* car than to have Sam and Dean rubbing their hand all over you while apologizing and fixing her up.  I'm just saying... that's kinda sweet.

*note: I'm not implying Baby is sentient, just that it has a POV in this episode and I'm sure Dean will continue to talk to the car like it's a person.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

Why are you apologizing to me SueB?

I've never had any problem with Dean lovingly cooing over Baby. He's always lovingly stroked Baby and her steering wheel whenever he's reunited with her. He's always talked to her like she's a person. And that is all wonderful and cute and I love that. He loves that car and it's my OTP.

BUT what I AM opposed to is Baby ever being represented in human form like the TARDIS was. Not on any level. That would piss me off.  If Dean thinks he's having sex with his car makes Dean look like a complete crazy person and an idiot. Having sex in her with a human is different than Dean actually wanting to have actual sex with her.

Edited by catrox14

Why are you apologizing to me SueB?

I've never had any problem with Dean lovingly cooing over Baby. He's always lovingly stroked Baby and her steering wheel whenever he's reunited with her. He's always talked to her like she's a person. And that is all wonderful and cute and I love that. He loves that car and it's my OTP.

BUT what I AM opposed to is Baby ever being represented in human form like the TARDIS was. Not on any level. That would piss me off.  If Dean thinks he's having sex with his car makes Dean look like a complete crazy person and an idiot. Having sex in her with a human is different than Dean actually wanting to have actual sex with her.

I was apologizing for the potential distraction only of the wording I used...it may be just me... but it IS a OTP for many (not the human form thing...just his devotion to his mobile "home").  

Although, going by history, episode 3, 4 or 5 tends to be when they go off book and do something a little on the batty side.

• 3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock
  • 4.03 In the Beginning
  • 4.05 Monster Movie
  • 5.04 The End
  • 6.04 Weekend at Bobby's
  • 8.04 Bitten
  • 9.04 Slumber Party
  • 10.05 Fan Fiction

Wow -- except for Bitten, I think those are all pretty standout episodes from their respective seasons. (Yeah, I even liked Monster Movie!). Seems like the Baby episode is shaping up to fit right in on that list.

Yellow Fever wasn't a favorite of mine, but I'm curious as to why in particular other people don't like it?

Okay, I'm now feeling like I can throw out a theory on the episode structure: Baby gets stolen--by what, I don't know yet--and we stay with Baby while the boys try to recover her. So, I don't think it'll be a procedural-type episode, but I do imagine whoever stole Baby to be supernatural of sorts.

Sounds like really good spec to me. Though I think that we're likely to start out in the perspective of someone other than Sam or Dean, because don't we usually? The teaser is usually in the perspective of the victim or someone finding the victim's body iIrc, so I think maybe we'll start out in Baby's POV, or maybe in the perspective of the people who steal her.

It would be fun to watch Sam and Dean try to trail Baby, too. I guess they'll just steal a car or something, but I hope that the show takes some time to have fun with that. Baby's a part of their team -- it should be at least *somewhat* tough to run an investigation without her!

Seeing that box of tapes also makes me wonder -- can you play an iPod or iPhone out of a cassette player somehow? I remember way back when, people would buy those "converters" that would allow you to play CDs out of a cassette player (the converters had one end that looked like a tape, that you put in the cassette player, and then you connected it to your discman through the headphone jack). But I don't know if there are cassette/auxiliary jack converters out there? Though in that one episode, they had Sam listening to an iPod in Baby, so I guess it's possible? I guess Dean could just install an auxiliary jack somehow (????) but if he's still listening to those same damn tapes, why would he take the trouble...LOL I doubt this is going to come up, that big box of tapes just makes me curious.

I cannot imagine still listening to the same 20 tapes over and over and over for days on end for my ENTIRE LIFE. I mean, they're in the car A LOT. Is it always just those tapes or the radio?!

LOL again, nothing to do with anything. Just something I find myself wondering about. I admit to volunteering to drive places just so that I can choose the music. I can't imagine if I were traveling day after day with someone who was only willing to listen to the same 20-odd tapes that we'd both listened to since childhood. He would NEVER get the chance to get behind the wheel LOL.

• Love 1

Seeing that box of tapes also makes me wonder -- can you play an iPod or iPhone out of a cassette player somehow? 

Yes. It's the same as the way you would connect it to a discman--it's the headphone jack you connect through. You can also buy a receiver/tuner for your iPod that will play through the radio. Some stereos also have auxiliary or USB ports built in and I believe that's how Sam had connected his iPod back in S4. I always assumed he replaced the stereo with a more modern one--hence Dean's "douching her up" comment. 

Of course now, most people sync their iPods or phones wireless. But, that wouldn't be a possibility with Baby.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

Yellow Fever wasn't a favorite of mine, but I'm curious as to why in particular other people don't like it?

I don`t care for humiliation "humor" and that was full of it. Haha, funny cowardice and weakness. Those are the worst things IMO to wring humor from. And making a big joke out of Dean going to hell? Hated that. Not to mention the "haha, you`re dying because you`re a dick" thing. As if anyone who said that didn`t just out themselves to be the biggest dick around. The point they were actually trying to make was so muddled, Kripke came out and clarified it in an interview later. Well, if the ep can`t make it and it just comes across as demeaning your character, then it is a fail.

But really, the humiliation porn is the worst. When stuff like that happens on shows, I usually have to change the channel.

So the car episode is probably titled "Baby" then? I hope not. I found it endearing when Dean called her that once or twice in passing but as an official name for the car or even the episode, it kinda makes me cringe. Just like the "Samulet". I found it obnoxious as a fan name but canonizing it, eww. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2