Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I haven't read this particular interview I don't think.

I read one interview where he said a couple months and one where he said "some time" so I think it's going to be vague.  So, we won't see him tell her, but I'm pretty sure they'll have a conversation about the whole situation.

Castle the show likes to end a scene on a dramatic note and then jump ahead without much immediate fall out.  It was the same thing as when Beckett got fired from the FBI.....end with the shocked look then start the next episode with her already moved back to NY and having tried to go back to the NYPD.

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion  ·  21 hrs 21 hours ago

Late nights. Hard working. No matter how spooky. The Castle Crew.

http://www.whosay.com/l/rIx9OMj

Running around in the woods at night....creepy. Someone on tumblr wondered if they're shooting a flashback scene to Castle in Hollander's Wood.  They're currently on #7.14 as confirmed by Andrew which is part 1 of the two parter.

Andrew Bikichky @AndrewBikichky  ·  4h 4 hours ago

#Castle Ep714 (pt. 1 of 2)

Dir. Bill Roe

Script David Amann

Edited by verdana

Amann: When we come back for episode 11, a couple of months will have passed. Things have found a different kind of equilibrium. Castle's not at the precinct, but he's writing and keeping busy, and Beckett and everybody's kind of acclimated to his absence.

This was taken from the TV Guide interview he did recently, where he confirms the time jump. 

Although it is acceptable that Castle would get a PI license, which could be a pretty simple thing on the internet, pay your $10 and get your license, since he is prone to sudden enthusiasms.

It might be unlikely that Castle could get a PI license in NY, given that an individual wanting to get one must have 3 years experience or 3 years equivalent position and experience. Unless they're counting his working with Beckett and NYPD for the last 5 years. Other than that, it's pass a test, get fingerprinted, and pay the state $400.

From the NY State Division of Licensing:

You must be 25 years of age and a principal in the business entity to be licensed. Additionally, as the individual possessing the expertise to oversee the day-to-day conduct of investigations, you must have passed the private investigator examination within the two years immediately prior to your application date and have either three years experience or three years equivalent position and experience. All applicants must be fingerprinted.

In real life? Sure. But this show has skirted a lot of real-life police procedures with a writer shadowing a detective to start with. In any other venue, Beckett would already have had a partner, one who was also a detective.

So Castle being an insta-PI works here.

No, I'm completely okay with them maybe-pretending Castle could legitimately be a PI. I'm easy to please, and of all the things we've been asked to suspend disbelief for (most of which I can), this is a small issue. I'll accept Castle hanging out with the NYPD as the requisite experience.

I was just throwing it out there for anyone curious on what it actually takes to be a PI in NY.

The PI development makes me wish the NYPD had required Castle to take training in self defense at least.  Hoping he doesn't need Beckett et al to rescue him.

Also "PI" keeps looking like "Pi" to my tired eyes.  Hoping Pi will never be seen or mentioned again.

• Love 1

When I was in university in the 60s Rochdale College which was a real part of the respected University of Toronto, started selling degrees . If I recall, doctorates were $10 and required an essay, Master's degrees were $25 and required an essay on something useful. and Bachelor's degrees were $100 and required something original.

But as mentioned, it was the Sixties, so my memory may be faulty.

Getting a PI license on a nice piece of paper, suitable for framing? Easy. Getting a PI license that is legal? harder.

McManda. Thanks for the information on what it takes to become a real PI. 

It doesn't bother me that he's going to become a genuine PI in the space of few months, that's a minor blip on the suspend disbelief scale on this show. I've been asked to believe some amazing things like for example Beckett's first marriage slipping through the cracks of multiple police and FBI checks. So Castle becoming a PI when he's been working alongside the police for 6 years and is married to a cop doesn't seem too much of a stretch. 

Thanks McManda I also doubt you can get a PI license when your fingerprints reveal you have a police record for crimes that include stealing a police horse... But I guess they forgot about that.

Edited by pepper
  • Love 1

FYI for those who participate in the ABC Studio activities -- the new Castle poll came out tonight & they are clearly evaluating the 'new mythology' (some really telling questions about that storyline, imo) among other things. If you're a member, have a go.

• Love 1

Scoop from Entertainment Weekly, Natalie Abrams

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/12/spoiler-room-arrow-shield-revenge-spoilers/

Hi! Do you have any spoilers about Castle after the winter hiatus? — Fred

How about some scoop on Annie Wersching’s return as Dr. Kelly Nieman? She’ll play a big role in February’s two-parter. “There’s a murder that our cops are investigating at the beginning of the episode that seems to connect to her,” showrunner David Amann says. “That puts us on what we think is going to be a fun, dramatic journey for the audience as we try to solve that murder and figure out what her involvement is in it, if any.”

Not that it's related, but a little factoid: Annie Wersching and Darby Stanchfield (Meredith) both acted on General Hospital (as Seamus Dever did) and had the same role. Darby took over Annie's role when Annie left the show, and they do look a little similar, IMO.

That EW scoop is ... really good at being boring and vague. It basically says things that have already been revealed - namely Niemann is making an appearance in the two-parter. I mean, of course they're going to have to try to find out if she has any ties to the murder they're investigating!

Darby Stanchfield and Annie Wersching do look similar. but Annie Wesching isn't naturally a redhead, is she?

Darby Stanchfield and Annie Wersching do look similar. but Annie Wesching isn't naturally a redhead, is she?

That, I don't know. But she had the red hair while on GH, too, so if she isn't, she has still had the color for a good decade or so.

Not that it's related, but a little factoid: Annie Wersching and Darby Stanchfield (Meredith) both acted on General Hospital (as Seamus Dever did) and had the same role. Darby took over Annie's role when Annie left the show, and they do look a little similar, IMO.

Maybe she can go after Meredith instead of Beckett (even though that would require grabbing Darby from the Scandal set). J/k.

When was Beckett last kidnapped? Must be ITBOTB.

I got the impression Nieman had her eyes very much on Kate and what with Beckett's excessive overreaction to that song at the end of Disciple it would tie in nicely if Kate gets into trouble whilst investigating and Castle (if he's still banned) can get quickly get involved due to his history with the case.

When was Beckett last kidnapped? Must be ITBOTB.

I got the impression Nieman had her eyes very much on Kate and what with Beckett's excessive overreaction to that song at the end of Disciple it would tie in nicely if Kate gets into trouble whilst investigating and Castle (if he's still banned) can get quickly get involved due to his history with the case.

ITBOTB and then being drugged in Veritas. So I'd take the latter as the last time her life was in danger. But she hasn't had it happen to her yet this season, so nothing like Nieman to bring it on.

Edited by Nadine

http://tvline.com/2014/12/17/arrow-season-3-spoilers-sara-canary-returns/

Any chance you talked with David Amann about the future of Castle? He has to know whether or not they should start wrapping up the storylines, doesn’t he? –Mandy

I did my best to nudge Amann on that issue — namely, the need to sign both Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic for any possible Season 8 (and beyond) – but the truth is that such matters are hammered out by other Powers That Be. “It’s kind of not up to me or [series creator] Andrew [Marlowe] – it’s really between the studio and [the actors],” he deferred. “We don’t have any control over that process, but internally we hope this all gets resolved sooner rather than later, so we can move forward.”

They may not be responsible for contract negotiations that I understand. But they must have some general idea if things are a go for further seasons but aren't at this stage willing to say anything publicly until everything is sorted out.

As of now, it seems like Jon is under the impression that's it's just a spring hiatus when filming ends for the season. TPTB and cast will have to know by the end of Jan so that they have time to wrap things up if needed.

Jon_Huertas: I think that during spring hiatus from #Castle, I’m going to challenge the @BellaTwins to a wrestling match & I’m gonna wear my 2-piece!

I would imagine that there's rumblings around the set on the general tone/likelihood of there being another season at this point. I mean, nothing's set in stone, but there's decent writing on the wall, and I'm sure everyone would like to know one way or the other if they'll be employed in the fall. I also think that someone like Jon - who seems to have a decent relationship with Nathan and even more Stana - might have broached the idea, especially if another season hinges solely on them.

At this point, I'd assume another season it more likely than not, honestly.

Fix the characterizations II (Rick): Yes, we wanted to see more about Rick Castle (his motivations, his background, his story). No, we didn’t want to see him as something else entirely (a guy at the end of a “disappearance” who may be a deceiver of the highest order). And when did Ricko the Clown take over witty, hyper-perceptive, studiously articulate, joyously masculine Castle? There’s a difference between “boyish” and “juvenile".

verdana. Amen to all of this, I couldn't agree more with everything she says there about Rick and his disintegration as a character. When they said this season they were going to focus on Castle I didn't realize what they meant was we're going to give me more slapstick humor and turn him into a class clown who is more caricature that character. He is so far removed at times from the Rick Castle I used to enjoy watching back in the first two or three seasons. Emphasizing the more juvenile aspect of his personality and going overboard with it at every available opportunity for a comedic punch line does not make him more lovable and attractive.

The upcoming PI arc just seems like a deliberate attempt to keep them apart on screen in order to avoid writing the romantic part of the relationship after the long awaited wedding. For a long time during the summer hiatus, I felt that the network must have been behind the stalled 6x23 wedding because no show producer would put out such a finale mess unless forced by management, but after what has transpired so far this season with the ‘only Castle’ story lines, only AWM is at fault for the season 7 ratings. If NF wanted to start his own slapstick comedy series, he should have waited until Castle had run its course. A grown man in his forties, married to a beautiful, intelligent woman acting like a teenager is just so OVERDONE. If you don’t have respect for yourself, at least show some respect for your wife. Why would a woman like Beckett even want to be married to someone who acts so childish? Castle acting giddy watching yuletide strippers in front of his wife, wearing action hero attire with cut-off sleeves and head band, acting out with small children in a classroom just seems so out of character for Castle at this point in the series. It is amazing that the network would sit back this long and let an arrogant show runner ruin a great series. IMO

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3

FYI for those who participate in the ABC Studio activities -- the new Castle poll came out tonight & they are clearly evaluating the 'new mythology' (some really telling questions about that storyline, imo) among other things.

Having Trouble with Your Story? Then Map It! Best wishes, your Balanced Storycard.

But seriously, if the ultimate goal is to go back to syndication-friendly standalone episodes after  causing a bit of disruption for the first two episodes, chose something less life-altering. And like in the past two years, it’s been a pleasure to see Castle and Beckett deal with disruptions. This time, the new mythology:

Beckett: You left me on My Wedding Day to sleep in a tent for two months!

Castle: No, I surely didn’t.

Beckett: Prove it!

Castle: Uh, I have amnesia! But for everything I did or didn’t do and don’t remember I’m truly very sorry.

Me: Huh?

Castle: Look, I found a video where I look pretty distressed. But I really don’t wanna know anything about it.

Beckett: I don’t wanna find out anything about it, either.

Castle: So, are we gonna get married now?

Beckett: No, I’m still not ready to take this step, and neither are you.

Me: WTF?

Castle and Beckett: We didn’t have sex for two months!

Me: Good god!

Beckett (wondering about why Castle can’t sleep)

Me (hands waiving): Try the new mythology! (Deflating) Ok, she apparently doesn’t remember anything about it unless it’s directly related to her feelings…

Beckett: I can’t take another person’s perfect wedding!

Castle: I’m so sorry about what I did to you. Tell me how to fix it!

Beckett: I don’t know.

Castle: Do you wanna get married right now?

Beckett: Yes!

Me: I give you six months, max! And I see Castle’s already checking out the strippers.

• Love 7

Thanks, predictable double act for the two parter and one that doesn't fill me with much excitement, although I like the Nieman character so that's at least one plus point.

Marlowe has shown me that he has the least secure handle over the characters amongst the heavy hitters in that writers room and Amann has fast become a Marlowe clone preferring to concentrate on bringing the drama and skimp on the more important areas.

As for Bowman, that means more darkly lit scenes to wade through.

Richard Castle @WriterRCastle

I’m supposed to go to an ugly Christmas sweater party, but alas, I only have ruggedly handsome Christmas sweaters #imakethislookgood

You're kidding me, he can't find one ugly thing in his closet? I'm sure he can find something suitably dire, Richard Castle left good taste and good looks behind a long time ago when it come to his wardrobe choices. Edited by verdana

Annie with Nathan in what I presume is the precinct.

Annie Wersching @wersching

Hi from #Castle with Castle!

@NathanFillion @Castle_ABC

#CreepyDrNieman pic.twitter.com/dzzNgJGHhx

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wersching/status/546058159878438912/photo/1

3:13am - 20 Dec 14

Nieman is creepy I'm with her on that. It was a smart move giving 3xk a Disciple in that way they could freshen up the serial killer storyline before it got overdone with the one guy. At this stage the less I hear about 3xk the better but Nieman is a different matter. If they're smart they'll focus more on Beckett after the Castle PI goings on in the previous few episodes. I could do with a decent Beckett-centric episode at this stage after all the Castle clowning around and (yawn) mythology. It would also tie in perfectly with the tone set in Disciple. Give Nieman to Beckett, let 3xk have Castle.

Edited by verdana

Thanks, the first one is unimaginative as McManda said and the last one is awful.

They're ceratinly hammering home the PI theme.

I think this is as much as we know based on everyone's input on the episode to come in the New Year:

Jan 12th ~ 7.11 - Castle P.I. - Hanning/Milan Cheylov

Jan 19th ~ 7.12 - Private Eye Caramba! - Frost/Hanelle Culpepper

7.13 ~ TBA - Winter and newbie writer Amanda Johns/Wright

7.14 ~ Part 1 of two parter - Amann/Row

7.15 ~ Part 2 - Marlowe/Bowman

Edited by verdana

2014 in Review: The 30 Biggest TV Moments (for Better or for Worse)

8 | CASTLE'S RUNAWAY GROOM
I now pronounce you...missing?! The ABC series abruptly interrupted its long-awaited wedding day by ending Season 6 with a fiery car crash that spelled doom for the groom. No, the show's titular character obviously hadn't been roasted -- but if not, then what was going on?!

And not the Castle wedding? 

Does this particular scene comes under worse or better?  I say worst, it was when Castle dipped a toe or even a whole foot into day time soap opera territory. 

Edited by verdana

TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Castle, HTGAWM, Doctor Who, Mindy, NCIS, Freak Show, Once and More!

Alyssa Is Thankful for...
KING AND QUEEN OF THE CASTLE
"...the producers of Castle for allowing Castle and Beckett to finally get married and for not giving in to the fear of the so-called Moonlighting curse!"

I disagree about her last point because they seem to be writing them like they are too much of the time. 

Edited by verdana

Team TVLine Shares Its 2015 Wish List for Castle, Idol, Outlander, Good Wife, Grey's, Homeland, Selfie and More

That ABC announces by early spring that Castle will wrap its run after this, its seventh season, thus affording the writers a chance to fashion a fitting send-off for Rick, Kate et al. (While I wouldn't begrudge the show a Season 8 if ABC so desires, ending it this May would seem quite satisfactory.)

Given Matt's attitude towards the show which comes over in many of his more pointed comments to the fans and questions to TPTB, his suggestion to end Castle sooner that than later isn't that surprising. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I've put this interview on the fashion thread too.

Designer Luke Reichle Spills Costume Secrets from the Red Carpet at Crescenta Valley Weekly. 

He dresses everyone on camera and has imagined his leads as style icons of the past. Beckett’s look, for example, he based on Slim Keith, the style-setting Hollywood glamour girl who married director Howard Hawks and was the principal creator of the Lauren Bacall look in “To Have And Have Not.”

“[Like Keith] Stana likes a high heel,” Reichle revealed. “She could run on the surface of the moon in those things. It’s not just the height but it also makes your legs look great. And there is the idea of being able to look these guys in the eye.”

I wonder what "style icon" of the past Castle's wardrobe is based on?

Edited by verdana