Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

The mombatross story has provided some powerful moments, I'm grateful for what character development we did get and drawing out some good performances from both actors at various times, especially when I look at what I'm getting these days from this supposedly crack team of writers. I definitely could have done without the introduction of Bracken though, I didn't find the character in any way remotely interesting, he was just your standard political bad guy who was ridiculously powerful and all knowing with Kate as the thorn in his side, there was nothing fresh to be mined there.  

Edited by verdana

Winter TV Spoilers 2015 at TV Line.

CASTLE
Having been banned from working with the NYPD due to his "mob ties," Rick sets up shop as a private investigator, "and part of that is driven by his desire to work with Beckett," says showrunner David Amann. In fact, husband and wife will chase the same case in the winter premiere, "and of course it will not go entirely smoothly" -- though it does do wonders for their love life! Beyond that, Episode 12 will dive into the world of telenovelas and guest-star Nathan Fillion's One Life to Live pal Kamar de los Reyes; a Ryan-centric outing is on the books for later in the season; and the February sweeps two-parter will tackle a "big case," bring back 24's Annie Wersching as Dr. Kelly Nieman and touch upon the ongoing mystery of Rick's vanishing/amnesia.
RETURN DATE: Monday, Jan. 12 at 10/9c (ABC)

There seems to be a predictable pattern emerging with the Espo/Ryan centric episodes happening each season. I like Ryan and they have been dropping a few hints at what's going in with him and the family which would be nice to follow up properly but why can't they concentrate on another member of the cast too like Martha? I would also suggest Tamala but unfortunately she's been tainted by the Esplanie relationship fiasco and I want a rest from all that.  

I hope the "big case" does not mean they sacrifice the storytelling and decent character development in order to give me lots of random action set pieces and a crazy convoluted case that suffocates the actors which is what has happened in the past with the two parters. The show doesn't usually do "big" very well but I am looking forward to Dr Nieman's creepy return. 

Edited by verdana

The mombatross story has provided some powerful moments,

I felt its heavy handed use to keep them apart more than offset any good that came from it. Besides the fact that the whole blackmail scheme to keep her alive was just asinine from start to finish. It was poorly conceived & executed. Sadly it still runs rings around the "new mythology". I would never have believed I would be wishing for the good ole days of mombatross.

• Love 1

Castle- Episode 7.12 - Private Eye Caramba! - Press Release (excerpt from Spoiler TV) 

"Private Eye Caramba!" - When a young Latin telenovela actress is murdered, Beckett and the team delve into a case that is as flamboyant and full of intrigue as any telenovela. Meanwhile, Castle is hired as private investigator by the show's sultry star to pursue the case from another angle, on "Castle," MONDAY, JANUARY 19 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

At least he's getting his own clients now, although the "sultry star" comment makes me nervous given how they sometimes write Rick when it comes to random hot women he encounters.

Edited by verdana

Oh wait did you mean the next one? Because yeah that's silly.

Definitely the next one. I'll take Castle, PI. It's simple, but I get the allusion.

Private Eye Caramba! (complete with the exclamation point) grates on me for some reason. It's ... juvenile? It's like they thought "hey, it's a latin theme. I know, aye caramba! And oh, Castle's a private eye now. Get it? Private eye caramba? It's like a 'before and after' puzzle from Wheel of Fortune! Genius!"

Hopefully the episode is better than the name.

• Love 1

halwideman. Castle PI is unimaginative and harmless but as for the next one, McManda is right.

anniewersching
5 hours ago
Back at it!
#Castle

http://instagram.com/p/xhlqAQmRJ9/

What is our bad doctor up to this time? 

And in case anyone is interested People’s Choice Awards will air live from the Nokia Theater L.A. Live on Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2015 (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/delayed PT) on CBS.

Stana, Nathan and Castle up for various awards of course. 

• Love 1

I agree with the person here (sorry I can't remember who it was) that said it's like they've decided every episode of this particular story arc has to have the words PI in some way incorporated into it. I get it he's a private investigator, no need to keep ramming the point home even in the titles in increasingly silly ways as the weeks go by. 

I enjoyed Magnum PI and if they want to do a real homage to that in Castle PI they could get always get Rick's red Ferrari out. Although there is a slight issue in that it does remind me of when he turned up with Jacinda after that weekend in Vegas wearing that horrible looking leather jacket. *shudder* 

I see the black coat Beckett is wearing in a few of the recent promo stills is the same one Stana wore when she was spotted at some event, so she's putting her Castle wardrobe to good use. I usually lust madly after all her coats but I'm not sure about this one, it's those zips but I love the pocket and arm detailing.   

Penny Johnson Jerald

‏@btwprod  Jan 5 

Closing my eyes with anticipation of great dialogue tomorrow @AndrewWMarlowe Nice!

Andrew Bikichky

‏@AndrewBikichky 8 hrs

#Castle Ep715 (pt. 2 of 2)

Dir. Rob Bowman

Script Andrew W. Marlowe

That makes sense since her trip to NYC to promote the wedding/AU ep was at the same time they were filming 7.11. And I remember someone saying Luke was responsible for one of her looks. Now we know why. lol

I'm not that ga-ga for all her different coats, but I would love to see that red one come back. It feels like she's worn so much black/grey this season. 

I love that red coat. 

Castle Photos: Nathan Fillion's OLTL Pal Lathers Up as Telenovela Star at TV Line. 

Matt is really going to town on those soap opera puns.

Is it getting caliente in here, or it just us?

ABC has released photos from Castle‘s dive into the world of telenovelas — the episode “Private Eye Caramba!,” airing Jan. 19 — where One Life to Live alum Kamar de los Reyes finds himself on the receiving end of a sudsy slap.

In the series’ second episode back, a young telenovela actress is murdered, thrusting Beckett, Ryan and Esposito into a case that is as flamboyant and full of intrigue as any soap opera. Private eye Castle in turn is hired by the show’s female lead (Unforgettable‘s Daya Vaidya) to pursue the case from another angle.

Is it possible that Sin Rostro did it? Or should we go ahead and pin it on Mitch Lawrence?

Edited by verdana

Not much that seems new, but a few more details from Matt at TV|Line:

Any spoilers about the upcoming episode of Castle? –Fred
Monday’s episode — the first in which NYPD outcast Rick hangs up his shingle as a P.I. — is a tremendous amount of fun, though in a way that can’t exactly be replicated on a weekly basis (for however long Rick winds up going solo). The “competition” between Beckett’s team at the 12th and Rick plays out in a highly entertaining way, as each entity tries to out-scoop the other — or, at one point, tries to coax intel over copious amounts of red wine. (Along those same lines, the good-natured rivalry also feeds into one of the first “Wait, what did they do?!” bed scenes in a while.) Will Rick save the day in a way that gets him back in Gates’ good graces? How does Perlmutter react to Rick rummaging in his office? And who at the 12th does the best Rick Castle impersonation? You’ll get those answers and more.

Hi, I wonder if you have some info about Castle‘s February two-parter. –Kosma
Though past two-parters have pivoted around extra-special guest stars a la Dana Delany, Adrian Pasdar, James Brolin and Lisa Edelstein, that won’t be the case this time around. Outside of returning guest star Annie Wersching (24), as 3XK fangirl Dr. Kelly Niemann, showunner David Amann says, “It’s going to be mostly our people dealing with a big case that comes their way.”

Well, Matt used to cover soaps a LONG time ago (back when there were several on each broadcast network), and I think he obviously still has an affinity for them. He grabs onto a soap connection anytime he sees one. lol 

Thanks. Matt has a point about the competition between everyone, it only works the once, you can't keep repeating that scenario each week and keep things fresh.

I'm happy to have a break from Lanie as she's not doing anything that adds to the fun, having Perlmutter there for a few more episodes will be great.

Edited by verdana
I see the black coat Beckett is wearing in a few of the recent promo stills is the same one Stana wore when she was spotted at some event

Wow, I really want that coat.  Please tell me it's not one of those ridiculously priced ones she normally wears?

• Love 1

Wow, I really want that coat.  Please tell me it's not one of those ridiculously priced ones she normally wears?

Not even trying to be funny here when I ask aren't they all ridiculously priced? (Especially on an NYPD salary!)

• Love 1

Not even trying to be funny here when I ask aren't they all ridiculously priced? (Especially on an NYPD salary!)

I actually don't think they are all so bad in price, it is the number of them that are ridiculous for her salary.  Or the number combined with her gorgeous apartment. Anyone can save up and buy one nice coat.

I was curious so I just Googled this and a NYPD Detective can make $97,000 a year, plus overtime (but that's before taxes).  Which was more than I expected.  So, if Beckett has 10 $2,000 coats that's about 20% of her annual salary on coats, which is crazy.  Maybe she buys one a year and it has added up to her current collection?  

Oh thanks so much, I was wondering if Stana was going to show, pretty dress, I think it's got daisies on it. 

Here are some more shots taken from different angles but this one is my favourite. 

Not sure about the hair but then the dress is making a statement so you don't want your hair competing with that, best to keep it very simple. 

She likes her red lipstick. 

And it has got daisies on, nice shot here. 

Stana Katic when asked to twirl for the red carpet

Does this mean she (or the show) has definitely won something if she bothers to show up? I try and stay oblivious about the PCA's and the actual award giving, the only bit that I like to see are the dresses on the red carpet. 

Edited by verdana
Oh thanks so much, I was wondering if Stana was going to show, pretty dress, I think it's got daisies on it.

PCA tells winners in advance, I bet that means she (or the show) won something.

Edited by KaveDweller

Yeah, the PCAs aren't really a show you show up to if you don't have a reason to be there.

I'm not a fan of a statement lip (I'm much more into eye makeup), so I always tend to not be thrilled when she wears a bold lip color, but her dress is pretty!

Rumor is that Stana wins again for crime actress and Castle wins for crime show. There are photos of her with 2 PCAs. I don't know if that means she won't be televised ... but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, thatlike last year, she says something before she introduces another award.

Rumor is that Stana wins again for crime actress and Castle wins for crime show. There are photos of her with 2 PCAs. I don't know if that means she won't be televised ... but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, thatlike last year, she says something before she introduces another award.

Maybe because they moved her from best actress to best crime actress? So the category doesn't rate?  But I guess they didn't show her accepting last year either, so who knows.  Maybe CBS just doesn't like giving other networks' stars airtime.

No Nathan winning though?  

According to this (still be updated) master list, it looks like they won't even get through a quarter of the categories on air. That's a shame ... even the Teen Choice Awards do better. They haven't updated with anything we haven't already seen on TV, though, so I don't know when they're going to announce all the other categories they don't get through.

They already let the winners know in advance that they won (so they show up), but if they're not even going to televise most of the categories what's the incentive?

EDIT:
Oh, wait. Rob Kryker is tweeting that they won Fav. Duo and Fav. crime drama so far ... so nothing for Stana? I'm so confused by this awards show.

Edited by McManda

christineziemba

4 hours ago

@drstanakatic is one of my all-time favs to see on the #redcarpet. Gracious to stop and chat with those of us working the back of the line. At #peopleschoice tonight we talked about the possibility of her directing in the future (thanks to a fan question). She said not a Castle ep, but she def wants to direct.

http://instagram.com/p/xlaVfvrQ04/

I've often wondered if she would like to direct. ED and DB on Bones are regulars now in the director's chair but so far Nathan and Stana have shown no such inclination.

Stana Katic Interviewed by Hunan TV at 2015 People’s Choice Award at Castle Always.

Edited by verdana

Erik Altstadt’s response when asked why Nathan wasn’t at the PCA’s (x) the direct link doesn't work unless Castle Always has fixed it (the response is there though) but apparently he's in most of the scenes this episode (must be 7.15). 

Erik Altstadt

‏@EAkorn - 7hrs 
"@HKeehner: Nathan probs isnt there because he was filming" This is correct. #PeoplesChoiceAwards

I hope this doesn't mean the focus is going to be concentrated on Castle at the expense of Beckett. 

Edited by verdana

This is a Paxford leather coat by Belstaff and the initial quoted price is $1,633.66. Stana wore it when she did The View (God I want those amazing boots too) back in November according to this site

It's now down to $1,256.50 at Net-A Porter but many of the sizes have sold out. 

I can see Beckett affording a beautiful coat on her salary (I was surprised by that figure too thanks for the info KaveDweller) it's the sheer amount of them that's funny. But I'm so shallow I adore looking at them, this is TV "reality" where she gets to have both a wonderful apartment and fantastic wardrobe. 

Edited by verdana

Erik Altstadt’s response when asked why Nathan wasn’t at the PCA’s (x) the direct link doesn't work unless Castle Always has fixed it (the response is there though) but apparently he's in most of the scenes this episode (must be 7.15). 

I hope this doesn't mean the focus is going to be concentrated on Castle at the expense of Beckett. 

Jon and Annie Wersching (Dr. Kelly Nieman) were tweeting about shooting a scene together when the PCAs happened. So I guess it's not just Castle being in the line of fire.

Annie Wersching ‏@Wersching

“@Jon_Huertas: @NathanFillion & @Stana_Katic…I’m still on set deliriously working w/ @Wersching - she cray!” Now now...I prefer craycray. ;)

Annie Wersching @Wersching

Come on @Jon_Huertas ! Hurry up let's get to our big scene! Look how bored I am...see!

Edited by cappuccino

Isn't the two-parter supposed to be focused on the new Castle "mythology"? That would mean they will concentrate on him, we know they can't concentrate on more than one character at a time usually. They get cross-eyed or something.

From an interview with Amann this mythology will get brought up but I'm not sure how much focus there is going to be on it. You're right they normally shy away from such complexities, I presume they worry the fans heads might explode trying to keep track of things. This is what he said in a recent interview:

According to David Amann, showrunner of "Castle," a case will trigger some memories about the missing time. He said to TV Guide, "The case he's involved with that has some emotional intensity ... brushes up against his experiences that occurred while he was missing." Amann revealed that this murder case will involve 3XK disciple, Dr Kelly Nieman.

However, they've also got to tie up the PI arc which presumably gets resolved at this point, unless they're going to have it all put to bed before then. Edited by verdana

Congrats to Stana on her PCA award. If anyone deserved it, it's her. She, in my humble opinion, has carried this show for a few seasons now. At times {99% of it} Stana and her portrayal of Beckett is the only reason I kept {and keep} watching. 

PS: She looked gorgeous, in Carolina Herrera gown, last night. 

• Love 3

When are the People's Choice Awards?

There seems to be an announcement that Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic,  and Castlewon in their respectiv categories.

I wanted to watch but if it was last night the first episode of The Book of Negroes was on, which was definitely must-see for me. (It's on CBC here in Canada and BET in the States)

Anyone got an air date? Or a network?

Thanks. Matt has a point about the competition between everyone, it only works the once, you can't keep repeating that scenario each week and keep things fresh.

I would expect them working apart will last for just two episodes. Hopefully, TPWinter was assigned to write 7x13 in order to resolve Castle not working at the precinct any longer.  Otherwise, the comedic part of the PI arc risks making the show become the NF comedy hour.  Caskett working apart, but on the same cases, can’t realistically last very long because the network surely would not allow the show to go into the sweeps period with the audience thinking Castle and Becket are no longer solving crimes together out of the 12th.  IMO.