Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I'm not sure yet what to make of that storyline.

Sure it makes sense haveing Castle not remember how the accident happened or that it even happened. After a trauma like that the brain usually erases the memory of it. I think I can deal with that. Amnesia that erases everything.....or at least everything besides his family (Alexis/Martha) .... I'm not on board with that really.

Who is responsible or behind the crash ? If it's really a set up for Castle, it only makes sense if 3XK is behind it or well that Nieman, Niemeier....what was her name again? Adding a new villain....why and more important who ? Who did Castle or for that matter Beckett piss off that they wanna kill him or abduct him ? I hope the Bracken saga is done and he is not responsible for any of it.

What I also don't get is why would they crash Castle's car or make him do it and put evidence there so everyone thinks Castle crashed the car. I mean no one  got harmed but him - so it was a simple crash. What is so important about that crash besides killing the wedding ? Are we to believe Beckett is like: so you crashed your own car to get out of the wedding ? Now you are faking memory loss to get out of the relationship ?

• Love 1

I totally agree verdana .. about them dropping the ball w. Beckett & her therapist. We should have got her answering his questions outright and not her looking at him and cut to another scene. That was the purpose of him, to be a sounding board for the character. Once again, we were dicked around and Marlowe dropped the ball. Damn it! Can this man follow through on anything or know what in the actual hell continuity is?!?!?

PS: I'm not even speculating on "Castle memory loss" based on someone's supposed knowledge that they can't verify. Not getting pissed about it either. 

(edited)

Meh. I watch TV to escape. I don't care about real issues.

It's the real life issues that individuals go through day to day in their lives that ground the characters and give then emotional depth and meaning at least to me. Castle is set in he real world and it has to operate within those constraints. It's not fantasy and it's not a soap opera either. The higher the drama and so called "mystery" factor they try to generate with increasingly out there stories the less it intrigues and resonates. It's the little moments of character development and insight you gain with them as individuals and as a couple working together that are more meaningful and I remember. 

Nothing can can't replace good solid well planned out writing, I find little to be excited about given what I've heard so far in terms of character development for Castle or Beckett in S7 I agree with mad maverick on this. I'm all for escapism but it has to be feel credible but the recent plot lines I've been fed are silly and don't make sense and the Castle has amnesia story doesn't inspire any confidence they've realised their mistake over the finale and are trying to work hard and correct things.

What next I wonder. Do we find out 3XK implanted a chip in Castle's brain whilst he was missing that controls him and he's been hypnotised to forget? Jesus. I'm trying to joke about this but I worry that's something which could very well happen since they seem incapable of simply writing them as a normal married couple fighting crime and learning new things about each other along the way. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Who is responsible or behind the crash ? If it's really a set up for Castle, it only makes sense if 3XK is behind it or well that Nieman, Niemeier....what was her name again? Adding a new villain....why and more important who ? Who did Castle or for that matter Beckett piss off that they wanna kill him or abduct him ? I hope the Bracken saga is done and he is not responsible for any of it.

What I also don't get is why would they crash Castle's car or make him do it and put evidence there so everyone thinks Castle crashed the car. I mean no one  got harmed but him - so it was a simple crash. What is so important about that crash besides killing the wedding ? Are we to believe Beckett is like: so you crashed your own car to get out of the wedding ? Now you are faking memory loss to get out of the relationship ?

It was Dr Nieman.

A new villain makes no sense to me, you have to create back story to explain why they've suddenly come out of the woodwork and targeted Castle at this precise moment to make it remotely plausible and I don't think they have the time. 3XK makes the most sense but in Probable Cause Castle figured out he wanted to be free to carry on his killing spree and disappear so if he suddenly pops up again they're going to have explain his change in motivation - although they probably wont bother. 

I hope they don't go down that road of Beckett having doubts about Castle wanting to get married (this time) due to his accident it would be so tiresome. They've already done that. 

Edited by verdana

It was Dr Nieman.

A new villain makes no sense to me, you have to create back story to explain why they've suddenly come out of the woodwork and targeted Castle at this precise moment to make it remotely plausible and I don't think they have the time. 3XK makes the most sense but in Probable Cause Castle figured out he wanted to be free to carry on his killing spree and disappear so if he suddenly pops up again they're going to have explain his change in motivation - although they probably wont bother. 

I hope they don't go down that road of Beckett having doubts about Castle wanting to get married (this time) due to his accident it would be so tiresome. They've already done that. 

Well back then Marlowe didn't think the song had any deeper meaning and then all of a sudden people went crazy about the song and Beckett's reaction to it. Yeah he said it didn't mean anything and Beckett's reaction to it either but one sunny day, we'll meet again. I don't think they are done with that storyline. If it's not 3XK we still have Dr. Nieman who can pull something.

No matter how I turn and twist it, that cliffhanger drove the show into the same ditch Castle did. I don't really see a good way out of it. I don't wanna go as far as saying it also burnt like Castle's car but well.....

Well back then Marlowe didn't think the song had any deeper meaning and then all of a sudden people went crazy about the song and Beckett's reaction to it. Yeah he said it didn't mean anything and Beckett's reaction to it either but one sunny day, we'll meet again. I don't think they are done with that storyline.

I was one of those who had a problem with Beckett's reaction there. It was my biggest complaint about Disciple which I mostly liked. It made sense for her to look concerned/threatened/chilled - like Castle did. But she had that twitch in the middle of the reaction and then looked utterly terrified with some new thought or feeling. That's why people started to invent explanations like it was her mom's favorite song or something, it made no sense otherwise. Looked very deliberate too, with directing and montage, as if Castle first reacts to the song with the sort of resigned fear and then looks at Beckett, understands something about her reaction and looks concerned for her. Would've been a fine consistent reaction - first absorbed in his own thoughts, then looking at Beckett for that "we're partners" feeling - if not for this deliberate shot of horrified Beckett and then him looking at her with what now looked like concern for her and this new development, the one we didn't have explained.

Sorry to be such a pedant, but it kinda really bothered me, lol. Usually I'm fine with inconsistencies in the show, but this specific reaction made me climb the walls I was so annoyed with the lack of explanation.

That was an over the top reaction that annoyed me too, but I didn't read much into it because it wasn't the first time (and won't be the last) they had an off note in a scene that's generally never followed up upon.  As another example, Beckett's concerned expression after being told of Castle's 'walls' in Significant Others by Meredith annoyed me too given that there was never any follow up conversation with Castle, but that's par for the course on Castle these days.  But yeah, these off notes in emotional moments for the characters where the emotion communicated seems a bit suspect do really take you out of an episode.

Thinking back to what AM said (if I recall correctly; feel free to correct) about deciding early on (1/3?) into last season that they weren't going to end the season with Caskett actually married because there was more storytelling to be had before that point.  If the additional storytelling involves memory loss and an old/new nemesis, does it really matter if it comes before/after marriage?  Is there really greater payoff this way?  I guess we'll see.  Let's just hope there's actual payoff after a directionless season that didn't seem to lead anywhere.  But like other posters have said, it's not just about whether there's a wedding or not, at the heart of the issue for me is whether they can write Caskett in a more emotionally engaging way.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was one of those who had a problem with Beckett's reaction there. It was my biggest complaint about Disciple which I mostly liked. It made sense for her to look concerned/threatened/chilled - like Castle did. But she had that twitch in the middle of the reaction and then looked utterly terrified with some new thought or feeling. That's why people started to invent explanations like it was her mom's favorite song or something, it made no sense otherwise. (snipped)

Sorry to be such a pedant, but it kinda really bothered me, lol. Usually I'm fine with inconsistencies in the show, but this specific reaction made me climb the walls I was so annoyed with the lack of explanation.

I thought it was overacting at first, Stana was very consistent all season except for two moments - this one - and I thought her acting during the water torture with Vulcan Simmons which looked forced when he goaded her.  But thinking about Disciple if I recall it was Bowman in charge and I'm willing to bet he directed her to play it over the top like that.  But the reaction never made any sense to me and just opened up a whole load of questions as to why she acted that way which were never answered. Even Marlowe seemed baffled when the matter was brought up later on during an interview, so I don't feel it was part of the script. Clearly no one had given it any real thought and it showed.

But mad maverick is right, it's happened before with the *worried look* Kate had at the end of Significant Others along with the ominous swelling music that signalled something serious was going on with Beckett yet it was never mentioned again. That moment bugs me no end to the point I can't watch that episode. 

However, I have a feeling this time they will go back to that moment in Disciple because they can use that incident if as seems likely they're going to bring 3XK into the Castle disappearance. 

Edited by verdana

I could hand wave Marlowe's comment that KB's look of terror in Disciple wasn't implying anything if Kelly Nieman/3XK are involved with the crash and AWM just didn't want to give that away at the time. I'm inclined to believe Stana was told to act like that for a reason, whether the writers/directors follow up with it or not is a different story.

Isn't part of the problem that Castle seems to be having an identity crisis as a show? Perhaps the PTB want to snatch back the audience lost to The Blacklist or want to get more "buzz" and turn Caskett into The Wars of the Roses or Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

The tug-of-war between real-life believability and entertainment seems to be easier to achieve on the smaller-scale stories. The larger dramatic arcs may propel emotionally, but it's easier to get distracted by logical impossilities.

Additionally, the danger with stories involving amnesia or well-meant-deception is that they risk changing the essence of the character to one the audience is not necessarily guaranteed to follow and can doubt why on earth the other character would bother either, and that undermines all the show has built up over the years.

(edited)

However, I have a feeling this time they will go back to that moment in Disciple because they can use that incident if as seems likely they're going to bring 3XK into the Castle disappearance.

I wasn't clear on my post earlier. That's what I meant. It maybe didn't mean anything back then but after fans reacted so strongly maybe Marlowe rubbed under his nose: Mmmmmm . . .sounds interesting. If they think there is a meaning behind the song maybe I should put one behind it. Deny it first, dig it up later and tell them there has always been a meaning. I was just fooling you and everyone is going: Marlowe is such a genius.

Is it just me or is that set picture with the wedding gifts just cruel?

Edited by cappuccino
As another example, Beckett's concerned expression after being told of Castle's 'walls' in Significant Others by Meredith annoyed me too given that there was never any follow up conversation with Castle, but that's par for the course on Castle these days.

This didn't bother me, because it was clearly a hamfisted attempt at making sense, botched by never returning to this "piece of storytelling" again. It annoyed me but it was more like when my cat makes a mess on the floor - well, shit happens (sometimes literally), he's an asshole but has other good things going for him, after all he tried to make it to the toilet and just missed by a foot or so.  Also, it involved words, not just a reaction, it was pretty clear  what exactly the audience was supposed to think.  Not so in the case of Disciple.

I thought it was overacting at first, Stana was very consistent all season except for two moments - this one - and I thought her acting during the water torture with Vulcan Simmons which looked forced when he goaded her.  But thinking about Disciple if I recall it was Bowman in charge and I'm willing to bet he directed her to play it over the top like that.  But the reaction never made any sense to me and just opened up a whole load of questions as to why she acted that way which were never answered. Even Marlowe seemed baffled when the matter was brought up later on during an interview, so I don't feel it was part of the script. Clearly no one had given it any real thought and it showed.

Yeah, as I said, it felt deliberate from the director as well, so at first I was sure that Stana was directed to act like that. That Marlow interview and lack of continuity with this plot confused me even more. Possibly Bowman felt he had enough artistic lisence to do it without consulting with Marlowe? Doesn't AM watch the final product though and how could he miss this obvious overreaction knowing that he didn't plan anything to resolve it? Rhetorical questions, obviously.

(edited)

Thinking back to what AM said (if I recall correctly; feel free to correct) about deciding early on (1/3?) into last season that they weren't going to end the season with Caskett actually married because there was more storytelling to be had before that point.  If the additional storytelling involves memory loss and an old/new nemesis, does it really matter if it comes before/after marriage?  Is there really greater payoff this way?  I guess we'll see.  Let's just hope there's actual payoff after a directionless season that didn't seem to lead anywhere.  But like other posters have said, it's not just about whether there's a wedding or not, at the heart of the issue for me is whether they can write Caskett in a more emotionally engaging way.

This is what he said in GMMR.

At what point did you know that Castle and Beckett wouldn’t be getting married this year?

AM: In my mind, relatively early on. Because there’s a little bit more storytelling we want to go through before we go there.

Even before this spoiler about possible amnesia I don't understand his suggestion of "more stories they have to tell" before they get married. I don't see where it makes any difference either way emotionally if they're wed or not when it happens, they've been through so much together already as a couple that to have them delay the wedding because of the latest new trauma seems bizarre.  They're going to certainly have more drama and crisis in their lives so what are they waiting for? 

Edited by verdana

Even before this spoiler about possible amnesia I don't understand his suggestion of "more stories they have to tell" before they get married. I don't see where it makes any difference either way emotionally if they're wed or not when it happens, they've been through so much together already as a couple that to have them delay the wedding because of the latest new trauma seems bizarre.

I think the show runners really believe WT/WT is the biggest reason people watch the show and "when will they get married" is the last scrap of drama they have at their disposal. I believe they are more than willing to sacrifice character, continuity & anything else you can think of to squeeze the last drop of angst from the relationship. From their perspective it's worked for 6 years so why fix what ain't broke.

(edited)

I'm just curious what other stories that must be told before they get married that can't be told while their married?  I said that w. us getting so much wedding prep that they wouldn't actually get married. Did I want them married by season's end? Yep. That wasn't the part that pissed me off so much .. it was everything leading up to that ending, an ending that was contrived at best. It was the desecration of the Beckett character. Making a mockery of "one and done". Asking the audience, asking me, to be a complete idiot for an hour to remotely buy the "Beckett secret marriage" bullshit. 

Wow. That's now three times you have found a way to work in that I'm not being truthful. But in a passive aggressive way.

Between this and the constant complaining that brings nothing new to the table of discussion I have to say to myself, why bother.

It was pointed out to me that the scroll button is my friend. So it the little x on the safari window.

I wouldn't call it passive aggressive. I think your speculating and passing it off as some inside information you have. I've seen the same speculation on other boards except said posters aren't passing it off as "inside information".  Right now there isn't much to bring to the table since where in a hiatus. We're all talking about past episodes, the finale, and speculating about the premiere and future episodes.  "I'll bring more to the table" when I see new episodes and actual spoilers start to trickle in. PS: You can count this as the fourth time I've said your not being truthful, since you're counting. 

Edited by Samantha84
Anyone watch shows where they've done the amnesia plot, and was it a success?  I think they did it on Chuck and Revenge though I don't watch either.  Bones too? lol.

I HATED it on Chuck.  It kind of worked on Revenge, but she got her memory back very quickly and the show isn't really built around a romantic relationship.  That made it a bit easier to take. 

Alias did a thing where they jumped forward in time, and Sydney showed up after two years of everyone thinking she was dead, but her not realizing any time had passed. The amnesia part was actually interesting there, but everything else about the story was a mess.

It sucked on every soap opera I've ever seen though.  But they usually have the amnesia person start up a relationship with someone else, and I don't see Castle going that far.

I bet they'll do a, "let's not get married until Castle remembers everything thing." Which is annoying because unless Castle has also forgotten Beckett, the whole thing should make them want to get married sooner.  I am assuming that he only has partial amnesia because I don't know if I could watch if he doesn't remember Beckett and their relationship.

I'm inclined to believe Stana was told to act like that for a reason, whether the writers/directors follow up with it or not is a different story.

There was an interview with Stana where she said she didn't know of that song having specific meaning to Beckett.  I think if she'd been directed to act like it was she would have said so.  Unless they just told her to act really freaked out with no explanation?  I think she normally  does a great job, but that scene was definitely off.

Marlowe is so annoying in interviews.  If you didn't want them to get married yet, don't have them plan a fucking wedding.  He was just toying with fans.

Lay off the insults and pointed sarcasm, people. If you think that someone else is breaking our "don't be a dick" rule, report their post and move on. If they consistently annoy you, you can ignore all of their posts through the "manage ignore prefs" page in your user CP.

There's also no need to call someone out for suspected lying or defend yourself if someone accuses you of lying. If someone claims to have insider info, they'll be proven right or wrong eventually.

• Love 6

Thank you cranberry.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid. - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

(edited)

Thanks cranberry.

They're back at work next week so it'll be interesting to see how much location filming will be involved. They'll definitely have to return to King Gillette Ranch since that's where they filmed the final scene of the finale.

Edited by Nadine
(edited)

Is it just me or is that set picture with the wedding gifts just cruel?

I did wonder what you were on about and then I saw this on tumblr and got it.

I don't think they will be needing those for a while and talk about huge presents! I mean what the hell are people buying them? Although they could have a scene where Kate is sobbing amongst them heartbroken at the loft in the premiere. 

Yes thank you cranberry for a timely intervention I was getting to the point of wanting to search for the ignore button. 

jakegthompson

12 hours ago · Raleigh Studios

It's happening. #Season7 #Castle #CastleFans #CastleFamily #CastleFever

http://instagram.com/p/qRznYGgI2h/?modal=true

The guy calls himself a LifeStylist on his Instagram whatever the hell that means but he's clearly on Castle. 

Edited by verdana

Last time Stana's picture tweets were kind of hints about what is going to be in the finale. I wonder whether her last ones (mainly the "whatever" and the "talking bull") has anything about her first impressions of the season opener.

https://twitter.com/Stana_Katic/status/487478006403694595/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Stana_Katic/status/487474361863917568/photo/1

I was just thinking the same thing :D

I did wonder what you were on about and then I saw this on tumblr and got it.

I don't think they will be needing those for a while and talk about huge presents! I mean what the hell are people buying them? Although they could have a scene where Kate is sobbing amongst them heartbroken at the loft in the premiere.

Yeah sorry I forgot to put the twitter post in there. Please, no Beckett crying amongst the gifts. Everything wedding related can go where the sun don't shine if you ask me. Wasting an entire season and storyline on crap that was never meant to happen in the first place. Thanks for wasting my time and an entire season with it. If there is so much more to tell apparently why the hack didn't they postpone the wedding or let something big happen mid season so they have to delay on their own but no they had to put that stupid finale in there and ruin the entire season which was boring to begin with and that finale was just the cherry on top.

I'm with you on this one. What the hell is left they have to go through before they can get hitched ? They don't have to get married at all if you ask me. Especially after last season. In the end it will just be some simple signing of papers anyway or going by how everything else went on the show so far, they'll do it offscreen and we only get a short sentence in between capturing the killer. Respect the process....blah blah blah.

Last time Stana's picture tweets were kind of hints about what is going to be in the finale. I wonder whether her last ones (mainly the "whatever" and the "talking bull") has anything about her first impressions of the season opener.

Guess that spoiler about Castle having amnesia is true then.

He said he was Alfred's new assistant.

Okay thanks, lucky guy, Alfred Sole is amazing, what a fantastic job to have. 

No idea about Stana's tweets, but this one from Nathan made me laugh:

Nathan Fillion @NathanFillion  ·  12h
“@sandgasq: I voted for @NathanFillion in BIGGEST FAN OF STANA KATIC http://faxo.com/Stana_Katic-fan/people/best/ …”

This has been going for years. When do I win?

Yes, please stop the spam already.  Unless the prize is a joint interview? :P

Anyone have X-Ray vision and can see through to that first script page? :P

I don't want a scene of Beckett sobbing, dwarfed amongst those huge wedding presents heh, but maybe an emotional scene when she comes across something more personal of Castle's/them.  I do like the idea of gift ninja Castle secretly having left her a surprise for their wedding day (not a baby heh), but it's probably not going to happen.

Such a waste of all those wedding favours/presents created by the Art Dept.  Maybe they'll recycle? ;)

(edited)

I was just thinking the same thing :D

Yeah sorry I forgot to put the twitter post in there. Please, no Beckett crying amongst the gifts. Everything wedding related can go where the sun don't shine if you ask me. Wasting an entire season and storyline on crap that was never meant to happen in the first place. Thanks for wasting my time and an entire season with it. If there is so much more to tell apparently why the hack didn't they postpone the wedding or let something big happen mid season so they have to delay on their own but no they had to put that stupid finale in there and ruin the entire season which was boring to begin with and that finale was just the cherry on top.

I still can't get over him admitting that he knew it was never going to happen, it was no last minute decision. that really lost any small amount of respect I might have retained for the guy. It shows a level of arrogance that blows my mind and okay I hear the excuse he didn't technically say there would be a wedding in any interview well screw that for a get out clause when he was pimping the wedding every Monday night with the constant planning for it! So yeah S6 feels like one giant waste of my time since that's really all there was to watch as the B story after they got back from DC. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

I'm with you on this one. What the hell is left they have to go through before they can get hitched ? They don't have to get married at all if you ask me. Especially after last season. In the end it will just be some simple signing of papers anyway or going by how everything else went on the show so far, they'll do it offscreen and we only get a short sentence in between capturing the killer. Respect the process....blah blah blah.

What I'm curious about now is how ABC intend to promote the wedding next season. Do they go for broke and do lots of promos, a few interviews (not joint ones obviously) with cast and crew?  Usually TV weddings are a big deal. Or will we get teased once more with the odd mention and they'll try and keep it as a surprise?  I doubt many fans will be wanting to be led down the road of false hope yet again after being royally jerked around last season. I'll certainly be cautious of any more wedding hype being generated by any one connected to the show. I feel kind of indifferent about the whole thing as of this moment. The saying "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me" springs to mind.

Since almost everything wedding related has been sullied by what's happened there's not much left to celebrate and plan for. I figure a small do either in the loft or town hall, a few friends and family, no big dress, vows and a kiss all to be fitted around the COTW which will take up most of the screen time as usual. I really hope they can still make something unique out of their wedding and not have it appear like an afterthought. Caskett (and the fans) deserve something special not the fiasco that was FBOW.

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Tbh, can't say I find tasering someone to be that funny, even if done in jest and with consent.  Maybe tasers (and guns) are perceived differently in the U.S.? 

But I'm very glad to see that Nathan does have a trainer.  Hope he works Nathan very hard as revenge for Nathan's benefit and ours heh.  Getting in better shape can only be good for his career (and health) imo.  He is looking good here in that t-shirt and with some scruff.  Can't we keep that look for Castle?  I'll settle for him looking as good on the show as he does off it (but really, you'd think people would look better on TV with all the help from wardrobe, lighting, makeup...;)).

And let's make good use of those arms and give us a scene of Castle embracing Beckett from behind! 

Edited by madmaverick

Tbh, can't say I find tasering someone to be that funny, even if done in jest and with consent.  Maybe tasers (and guns) are perceived differently in the U.S.? 

Yeah I agree with you on that one but did he actually do it though or was he just joking around? I couldn't really tell I presume it must have been very quick (if he did) but haven't some people even died from being tasered? We don't have them over here.  

Good to see him trying to stay fit and in a t-shirt that's always a huge plus - Luke please take note. 

(edited)

Yeah I agree with you on that one but did he actually do it though or was he just joking around? I couldn't really tell I presume it must have been very quick (if he did) but haven't some people even died from being tasered? We don't have them over here.  

Good to see him trying to stay fit and in a t-shirt that's always a huge plus - Luke please take note. 

Yep they can - we've had a couple of incidents here in Sydney where people have died (led to criminal charges or inquiries). Usually it happens with excessive force, etc.

Edited by Nadine

And let's make good use of those arms and give us a scene of Castle embracing Beckett from behind! 

I'll take any kind of displays of physical affection especially from Castle towards Beckett after last season which seemed to consist of Beckett instigating most of their romantic moments together. 

(edited)

I still can't get over him admitting that he knew it was never going to happen, it was no last minute decision. that really lost any small amount of respect I might have retained for the guy. It shows a level of arrogance that blows my mind and okay I hear the excuse he didn't technically say there would be a wedding in any interview well screw that for a get out clause when he was pimping the wedding every Monday night with the constant planning for it! So yeah S6 feels like one giant waste of my time since that's really all there was to watch as the B story after they got back from DC. 

Him lying and playing us is one thing but one of the best scenes was Castle's scene with Martha when they went to check out the wedding venue in Dressed to kill.

"I just feel like I've waited long enough, Mother. I don't want to waste any more time before we take the next step."

Castle was ready - we all were ready at that point in the season - and yet Marlowe wants to tell me there is more they have to face, more obsticles to overcome ? Yeah no sorry. Sign the damn papers and be done with it so we can finally move on. I don't wanna witness another season or half season with boring wedding preps that have no outcome and in the end everything happened off screen and they are good to go. Season 7 will be season 4.2 or what ?

biermann

I'm gonna go ahead and say that many sets are left "as is" when leaving for hiatus. #Castle https://twitter.com/biermann/status/487732358188003328/photo/1

I don't wanna re-watch the finale but was there a scene where someone smeared blood somewhere ?

Edited by cappuccino

I think the use of tasers is restricted to law enforcement in many countries and there's some controversy about the way they are used, but presumably civilians are allowed to own them in the U.S.  I do remember some cases of girls buying and using tasers to protect themselves from sexual assault.

Remember Jordan Shaw memorably telling Castle to "put the taser down" in S2? :P

I'll take any kind of displays of physical affection especially from Castle towards Beckett after last season which seemed to consist of Beckett instigating most of their romantic moments together.

We're so starved.  Sigh.  Castle is more attractive when he shows initiative.  That goes for all characters for me actually.  Not a fan of passive bystanders.

I've always wanted a scene where Castle embraces Beckett from behind and teaches her to use the coffee machine properly, or improperly as the case may be heh. Easy way to inject some sexual tension.  Or they can just embrace each other at the kitchen bench in the loft.  Sure beats sitting on the couch 3 feet apart any day! You'd think it'd be obvious to TPTB.  Oh well, we did get a butt squeeze. ;)  Don't know if that was the script or Stana though!  Embracing in bed would be nice too, but that's like wishing for the moon. ;)  I hope Nathan's core is getting a good workout along with his arms so we can see more of it soon. ;)

Cappuccino, the blood on the wall is from Veritas - after Kate falls and drags her head along the wall when walking down the hallway. 

That's what I thought too but

Biermann ‏@biermann

“@KalliopePL: "I'm gonna go ahead and say that many sets are left "as is" when leaving for hiatus. #Castle" Veritas?” Nope

That's what I thought too but

Biermann ‏@biermann

“@KalliopePL: "I'm gonna go ahead and say that many sets are left "as is" when leaving for hiatus. #Castle" Veritas?” Nope

Wow, well then I have no idea what he is referring to with the picture. It looks exactly like Beckett's head smear to me. I don't remember there being any "blood shed" in FBOW. I hope he shares where it's from. It's going to bug me until we find out. 

Hey everyone,

I just read through all of the posts on this thread and I thought I would add my two cents. Halwideman's spoilers sound interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about Castle possibly losing his memory or (and more importantly) that the he may have something to do with the crash. I can't see any logical explanation as to why he would be involved. As Cappuccino quoted above, Castle told Martha that he didn't want to wait anymore (to get married) in Dressed To Kill. How/why would he have changed his opinion and decided to sabotage their wedding?

There is a picture floating around on tumblr that seems to show that Kate has started another "murder board" at her old apartment. I'm hoping that they don't decide to drag out Castle's disappearance and have Kate revert back to the person she was when trying to solve her mother's murder. She closed that portion of her life and was moving on. What's the point of bringing her back there? 

Also, I wonder if AWM & Co have any intention addressing Kate's whole "previous marriage" storyline now that they know (at least I'm assuming they know) that so many fans were upset by it. I'm inclined to think that they are just going to leave it be like they have so many other times. I just have to say that I'm still really annoyed with that addition to her character. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Stana read the FBOW script for the first time. lol 

I'm not sure if Halwideman left this board, but I wouldn't mind hearing about any other spoilers he/she has, if there are more. Please share! 

Hey everyone,

I just read through all of the posts on this thread and I thought I would add my two cents. Halwideman's spoilers sound interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about Castle possibly losing his memory or (and more importantly) that the he may have something to do with the crash. I can't see any logical explanation as to why he would be involved. As Cappuccino quoted above, Castle told Martha that he didn't want to wait anymore (to get married) in Dressed To Kill. How/why would he have changed his opinion and decided to sabotage their wedding?

There is a picture floating around on tumblr that seems to show that Kate has started another "murder board" at her old apartment. I'm hoping that they don't decide to drag out Castle's disappearance and have Kate revert back to the person she was when trying to solve her mother's murder. She closed that portion of her life and was moving on. What's the point of bringing her back there? 

Also, I wonder if AWM & Co have any intention addressing Kate's whole "previous marriage" storyline now that they know (at least I'm assuming they know) that so many fans were upset by it. I'm inclined to think that they are just going to leave it be like they have so many other times. I just have to say that I'm still really annoyed with that addition to her character. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Stana read the FBOW script for the first time. lol 

I'm not sure if Halwideman left this board, but I wouldn't mind hearing about any other spoilers he/she has, if there are more. Please share! 

- In the replies of the above tweet Biermann told, that he doesn't know which scene it was from - the picture is nothing else than what he said, that a lot of set element has been left "as is". No hidden meaning.

- Tumblr image with the murderboard is very likely a fake, fanmade one as they only start shooting on Monday, 16 July. I haven't seen it (I braced myself and doesn't have a tumblr account), but I think it very unlikely to be real.

- I seriously doubt that we will see anything about Kate's marriage. Not because of the riot it made, but because I'm sure that AM intended it to be a one-shot. 

- Halwiederman specified that in his insider spoiler Castle is thought/suspected to have been involved in the accident, it isn't proven, but his amnesia objects him to tell what happens. I must say, I don't really care. I have strong reservations about using amnesia as a plot tool, because it is the second worst one after apperance of the never mentioned identical twin, but with utmost care it even could be good. My problem is that with or without amnesia this spoiler says that the conflict is basically a longer version of Probable Cause, and I think it was enough once. Castle is a suspect, he can't defend himself, the evidences point to him and he could only rely on Beckett's trust in him, while she has to make decisions listening to her heart instead of her head. It was nice once, but it wasn't so well done to repeat it not even two years later.

- Regarding a previous comment (sorry, I couldn't find the OP), I had the idea that maybe the mexican druglord from Headhunters could be the new enemy, but it was mostly because after S4 there was a pretty well written fanfic in which Castle suddenly disappears and nobody knows what has happened with him, and in that he was behind the plot. 

I second the motion to dump his wardrobe and change to t-shirts, jackets and jeans/chinos :) He is really bulky, but in those ones he is powerful as well - maybe that's why they never use it. Whiny, doormat Castle in these clothes? C'mon.

I'm not sure about the taser thing, I mean how much it was real, but NF's sense of humor is sometime strange to me. Like when he slaps everybody as a joke. I know he does it as a joke and I'm sure that everybody around him is well versed about this habit, but I would find it very annoying and not funny if I were on the receiving end.

• Love 1

I have a bunch of nephews about Nathan's age -- all employed, married, homeowners and fathers-- and I can see any of them doing this. And their fathers  (ages 50 to 80)  either encouraging them or joining in.

We're Canadian, so fortunately getting a taser would be somewhat more difficult.

Boys and their toys.

Okay yeah I'm totally just speculating. 

Just like weeks ago when I said Amann was writing the first episode. 

That was just a lucky guess.

#sarcasm

I'll be sure not to bring any of my "spec" for the next episodes when those come.

Adios.

I hope you don't leave the board because of one poster's comments.  I'm certainly interested in any other info you have.

Wow, well then I have no idea what he is referring to with the picture. It looks exactly like Beckett's head smear to me. I don't remember there being any "blood shed" in FBOW. I hope he shares where it's from. It's going to bug me until we find out. 

Yeah, I was assuming it was Veritas too.  I can't think of any blood from the finale.

- In the replies of the above tweet Biermann told, that he doesn't know which scene it was from - the picture is nothing else than what he said, that a lot of set element has been left "as is". No hidden meaning.

- Tumblr image with the murderboard is very likely a fake, fanmade one as they only start shooting on Monday, 16 July. I haven't seen it (I braced myself and doesn't have a tumblr account), but I think it very unlikely to be real.

HalaciHU, I'm pretty sure that the picture of Kate's "murder board" isn't fake. The tumblr picture comes from a prop guy on Castle via twitter. He says that the pics are from a 'photo meeting,' whatever that means. It includes her murder board, what looks like a head shot of a male actor (but, his face is covered so you can't see anything), a list of some sort that is highlighted (the words are too small to read anything), and a copy of the script of 7x01. 

I have a feeling Castle's disappearance it's 3XK related. The head shot is really hard to make out, but it kinda looks like the actor's round face to me - but, if Castle is somehow involved I don't know how it could be 3XK related. I know that everything Halwiederman said is speculation. It's just the only real "meaty" spoiler that I've read so far so I'm speculating that it might have some truth to it. Of course we won't know until the episode actually airs. I like spoilers though. Makes the hiatus not seem so long!

In regards to the Biermann tweet, I didn't think there was any hidden meaning behind it. I just answered Cappuccino that it was from Veritas because that is the only episode that I can remember that had a blood smear along a wall. Plus, it actually looks like the blood smear from that picture. He told someone specifically that it wasn't from 6x22 in a tweet. I think it's interesting that he would do that if he's not sure what episode it came from. His pic/tweet is not a big deal to me, it just made me curious since he stated that it wasn't from what we all were assuming it was.

Okay yeah I'm totally just speculating. 

Just like weeks ago when I said Amann was writing the first episode. 

That was just a lucky guess.

#sarcasm

I'll be sure not to bring any of my "spec" for the next episodes when those come.

Adios.

Halwideman, I hope you don't choose to leave either. I'm also interested in what you have to say. Please share! 

HalaciHU, I'm pretty sure that the picture of Kate's "murder board" isn't fake. The tumblr picture comes from a prop guy on Castle via twitter. He says that the pics are from a 'photo meeting,' whatever that means. It includes her murder board, what looks like a head shot of a male actor (but, his face is covered so you can't see anything), a list of some sort that is highlighted (the words are too small to read anything), and a copy of the script of 7x01. 

I found the picture on twitter. Yes, it's legit, yet I'm not sure it's really episode related. First, Beckett's making another new murderboard at home is IMHO a significant plot info - it's not their habit to present these. (The posted picture isn't a snapshot on which it is visible accidentally.) Second, they usually make the promo photo session of the season the days before the actual shooting is started - which was right when this was posted. So I'm more inclined to believe that this was only a backdrop for the photo session. However, I can be wrong.

I take it this is the twitpic everyone is talking about.  

I don't necessarily think it's bad news if she's got the murder board up again, I can't see them dragging it out simply because TPTB know they can't have Katic and Fillion separated for more than an episode at the most before the natives get restless. Marlowe seems done with the Bracken storyline - at least for now - so I would be surprised if they send her back down the rabbit hole, even with a time jump. She's not got jurisdiction in the Hamptons and will have to do a lot of her investigating in other ways and her apartment is the perfect place to do that without any unnecessary disturbances.