Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

(edited)

Memory loss? Thanks for all the info Hal, much appreciated.

I joked it'd be like Revenge in that regard being found and having memory loss but wasn't sure they'd actually go that way.

Assuming that part of the season will be rebuilding the relationships he has with the characters with whatever memories he's lost as a result.

So if they do the two month jump, guessing they don't find him for two months? I always speculated that he would be found at the end of the premiere (so have them working separately until then) and then they would delve into it more in the second part.

Edited by gossipcom
(edited)

My guess is that the first episode will be them searching for Castle, with the world assuming he's dead but Kate refusing to believe it. At the end of the episode they find him banged up and he says "who are you?" to Kate. Episode ends with her horrified face. Episode two is figuring out where he was and getting his memory back. Episode 3 is either a wedding or business as usual with a COTW.

If done right (waiting for laughter to finish...) it could actually be good. For example, what if Castle remembers shadowing Beckett but only to a point pre-Always? So when he realizes they're engaged, he gets all giddy and surprised. Kind of like that viral YouTube video of the man in the hospital super doped up who says to his wife something like "I'm married to you? How did I get so lucky?!"

Edited by FlickerToAFlame
(edited)

mad maverick. I sense if she had any doubts she can't have any more sadly, I feel sorry for Stana because she seemed to be the one who put the most thought into Beckett's characterisation but now she doesn't have to bother, anything goes, she's just go to grit her teeth in S7 and try and sell it as best she can.  I think you've covered all the soapy stories we could have: parent back from the dead, memory loss, shock pregnancy, love child but who knows Marlowe could yet surprise me.

I'd like to believe that it's possible for them to make something touching and genuinely comedic out of such a storyline but with their recent track record I doubt it. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

Meh...I don't think it's that soapy to not remember what happened to him considering the way he is found.

But like I said I'm not sure how much of the memory is lost.

My personal opinion is this story arc will be a true test of their relationship...more than anything before.

The memory loss as a tool to move the story is soapy and cheap. Whether is it realistic or not as an aftermath of a given accident is unimportant because the accident was written in only to trigger the soapy turn. And BTW: when did Castle care the least about about being real? All the time I hear that I mustn't expect reality. It's funny that it comes up only when it tries to justifiy bad writing.

Honestly: I can't care less about any further "testing" of their relationship. It has been tested for six seasons. I've read somewhere (I don't want to blame AM, maybe it was only some a**licking article) that this will lift their relationship onto a new level. No.1: I have never known that a relationship is a palette which time-by-time needs to lift up to a higher level, maybe one of their wedding gift should have been a forklift or a heavy duty wrench. No. 2: I wonder whether those AM fans who cheered this BS would have said before the finale that nooooo, their relationship needs to be more elevated or tested before the marriage?

For the facts: I wasn't really invested in the wedding. To me it was a snapshot, a fanservice scene for their loyality for six years. I didn't think it would change anything in their relationship, at least not in the parts what the show is willing to share with us. So to me any further testing or lifting is just the lack of idea, a cheap script tool with which they try hide that they have absolutley no idea what to do with their heroes once they reached their haven. I'm willing to apologize if they do some real character story. (Tears and broken hearts are not valid entries.)

Edited by halaciHU
  • Love 2
(edited)
Episode ends with her horrified face.

Well, at least she already got some practice with the burning car. ;)  And they do seem to be fond of the clueless look on Castle. ;)

Episode two is figuring out where he was and getting his memory back. Episode 3 is either a wedding or business as usual with a COTW.

In a memory loss scenario, I guess it's likely they would either have him forgetting everything completely down to who he is, or the entirety of his relationship with Beckett; alternatively, he'll just have forgotten about the accident and who did this to him/them, and the 'mythology' is them tracking down the villains for the rest of the season.  Lot more room for melo(drama) with option 1.  Either way, I think AM won't be satisfied with stretching this storyline for anything less than a large part of the season, after having stretched out wedding planning all last season when he claims he had no intention of marrying them at the end anyway!  

Unfortunately, I think some of the weakest writing on the show has come during arcs when their relationship was tested (usually for contrived reasons).

They've already showed absolute love and trust for each other.  I'm not sure what can really test their relationship, if not memory loss or an outside dangerous third party.  They might be a difference of opinion in how to handle outside threats, but they're always united as a team so I don't see that as a big test.  I really don't want to see another scenario where it turns out they've been lying to each other, or keeping another round of secrets, or did something that caused this chain of events.

I'm game to be spoiled.  I guess nothing's beyond the realm of possibility after the surprises with both characters in FBFW.  One would hope there's nowhere to go but up after a forgotten drunken marriage to a rogue, and a ruined wedding day, but who knows anymore.

Edited by madmaverick
(edited)

Well the true test of their relationship isn't so much about the memory loss.

But how spoiled do you want to be?

*winky face*

I'm up for being spoiled or I wouldn't be in here.

Not memory loss. Hmm. So for me maybe either a third party such as another person or child entering the fray. That or one of the two did something that led to the burnt out car, etc. Then again it's early here probably shouldn't speculate before having caffeine (because that's when my whacked out theories are floated).

Edited by gossipcom
(edited)

Just so I read that right, he faked his own crash /death like Derek Storm did? Or was he involved in another one when they're trying to find him? Or did I misread that?

Thanks for elaborating though!

Edited by gossipcom
My personal opinion is this story arc will be a true test of their relationship...more than anything before.

Their relationship has had more than enough "tests" halaci is right, the accident was a groan inducing cheap stunt worthy of the worst of any day time soap opera, MilMar should have been embarrassed. Any more problems for them to overcome reeks of obvious desperation because Marlowe simply doesn't know how to write them in a genuine grown up relationship.  Hence various contrived obstacles to their long term happiness have to be inserted into their journey at predictable points to create drama.

No couple in real life would have survived all this and come out the other side sane and happy. They've been almost frozen to death, blown up, drowned, shot, they've had ex lovers turn up to stir the pot, Castle's had his child kidnapped, Beckett's been tortured and found her mother's killer after a long, painful emotional journey that almost took her life and that of Castle too. What more do we need to see that's a "true" test if none of these are deemed worthy? I can't wait to find out. *sigh*  

I thought they couldn't go lower than Beckett's prior marriage, but I take that back if it turns out Castle was involved in faking the car crash and disappearance.  Considering his last conversation with Beckett in the car and what we saw of his reaction to being pursued there, I can't believe that he faked the crash.  Even if he was subjected to coercion during his disappearance, I will still find it extremely hard to believe that there's anything Castle wouldn't share with Beckett at this point, even if it was the fact that they are all in danger.  He would find a way to tell her somehow so they could fight whatever together.    

• Love 1

Welp.

While they are searching it appears that it was Castle himself was involved in the fake crash and his disappearance.

Then when he is found KB and Co. have a ton of questions for him yet he doesn't remember where he has been (or possibly anything at all, I know I keep stressing that but I want to be clear I'm not sure about that part of it)

What I got out of that is the true test would be does KB believe Castle...does he really not remember? Or did he cause all this and why.

It could be interesting if this show has ever been interested in how a questionable beaviour or a doubt affects them on long term. Yet there was no example to this (outside the Big Secrits), so I have no high hopes of any tale. If the Big Test is about that a) in two episodes they settles everything or b) they forget all the unsolved questions for months and then it suddenly surfaces as a Nessie in the February swweps and in the May finale, than thanks, but no thanks.

(edited)

That's what I thought. I posted on my Tumblr after the finale aired (if I can find the link I'll link it) that I thought he'd do a Derek Storm faking his own death but most didn't think he would.

http://nadmar.tumblr.com/post/85599217369/sks-tweets (that was my theory way back when before the mind started going off other tangents).

With Amann writing definitely can see the 3XK comparisons, etc.

Edited by gossipcom

Thanks for the info, Hal, very interesting. A couple initial thoughts: just because they think Castle looks involved doesn't mean he is. Also, if he was, he may have been threatened and told that KB would be killed if he told her. Or maybe he caused the crash after whoever was chasing him messed up/let him get away so they would leave thinking he was dead.

I just really hope they don't screw up this show any more.

Welp.

While they are searching it appears that it was Castle himself was involved in the fake crash and his disappearance.

Then when he is found KB and Co. have a ton of questions for him yet he doesn't remember where he has been (or possibly anything at all, I know I keep stressing that but I want to be clear I'm not sure about that part of it)

What I got out of that is the true test would be does KB believe Castle...does he really not remember? Or did he cause all this and why.

I do hope S7 is the last if this is the best they can think of to add to Caskett's interminable obstacle course towards true love.

I can't think of any decent reason why Castle would out of the blue fake his own death and cause pain to his family and Kate on the eve of their wedding after all the build up last season of showing how far they've come as a couple.  Back to doubting, secrets and lies again after all that? Spare me. 

Since this show is lousy at showing the repercussions of anything big these two go through they'll probably be back to business as usual by 7.03 with Castle joking around and Beckett lovingly eye rolling at him. Meanwhile fans will be reduced to scrabbling around to fill in the gaping holes in the writing by clinging on to an eyebrow twitch from Beckett as proof there's something far more meaningful going on off screen between them. 

Much rather that then a wedding have happened last season and then some dumb infertility BS as the "B" story for a whole season.

I'm convinced they're saving that up for season 8. 

You are very welcome.

Those are my thoughts too. I never said he WAS involved. I said there is evidence that makes it that he was.

But then he can't explain it because he can't remember.

I vote 3XK (that's not a spoiler that's my spec)

I never said Castle was involved. I said it LOOKS LIKE IS.

What will KB believe when she can't any answers from the man himself.

I was going to edit my post above but computer ate it up. Doh! So starting again a fresh. Hmm.

So IMO, KB will take on in a way Castle's role of filling in the story without having all the answers, etc. The faking the own death since it is similar to Derek Storm - I'm in the 3XK or CIA boat. Someone who has enough of a connection to Castle to be able to pull it off so it looks like he is fully involved in the whole thing, even though he isn't (hence why you mentioned Probable Cause).

Speaking of writers, any word who is writing 7.02? Since Hanning is doing 7.04 I thought it might have been TPW.

(edited)

I'm not condemning Marlowe, Amann, and co. for a storyline that has yet to happen nor been confirmed. IE: This amnesia thing.  I'm going to wait and see about what the repercussions of the finale will be. 

Edited by Samantha84

Well, depending on how this goes, it could be new levels of annoying IF Beckett automatically assumes the worst of Castle IF there isn't enough evidence to come to any real conclusion early on.

Because if that's the direction it goes, these two have no business getting married if faith is still an issue, IMO.

What will KB believe when she can't any answers from the man himself.

She trusts him.  Because at this stage in the game she shouldn't have doubts about the fundamental character of the man she wants to marry, he's been framed end of story she just doesn't know how yet. They've already done this in Probable Cause, so why do I need to get another story of Castle looking implicated in something bad and Kate having to deal with finding out the truth? If it goes any other way than her believing in him their relationship is down the shitter in any case. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Like...Castle pops up behind Kate as she is looking at the crash and they go off to wedding.

You mean that doesn't happen? *insert sarcasm*

I analyse from here to kingdom come when it comes to spoilers but I also am a believer of the wait to see it air camp before fully jumping something. So I'm just going to wait to September to see how it pans out and see whether any of my specs are on the money.

Edited by Nadine

Anyone can say they know this or that. It's been known to happen.  Do I believe that Marlowe could take this route? Yep. Did I hate the finale and think Marlowe/Edda totally fucked up? Absolutely. I'm just not going to condemn the premiere based on something that's at best a rumor and at worst a lie. I'm operating on a wait and see mode going into this premiere. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah...not sure why people have already been judge and jury on how bad it will be. I gave the bare bones of it anyway.

Assuming people believe it, there isn't really anything to be upset about until you see it play out. 

As far as it not being confirmed, totally get that. No one has any reason to trust me.

But seeing the reactions from this crown if I was going to make up a lie I would have tailored it to something that would make people less pissed off.

Like...Castle pops up behind Kate as she is looking at the crash and they go off to wedding.

Who is upset and pissed off? I'm not. I just find the whole thing pretty laughable as a story line if it does pan out as you suggest.

You know what you're doing here. You teased at knowing a spoiler even going on another thread to let people know and then after being asked gave it out and so we're discussing it, that's what speculation is all about and all part of the fun during a long hiatus. Like you said we don't have to believe you, it may happen it may not, everyone will find out the truth of it come September. 

You want to see pissed off Castle fans when spoilers hit? Go on tumblr that's quite an eye opener.   

Beckett is a slave to evidence. I don't think this is something she will take lightly.

"The evidence isn't the whole story. Castle's taught me that." (Beckett to Gates).

She had an orgy of evidence that seemingly proved he was guilty in Probable Cause but chose to believe in him and look past that.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Sometimes I wonder if they realise how some of their tweets can invite snarking rather than enthusiasm.  I understand twitter is a marketing tool, but not many know how to utilise it judiciously.  I find that the one note cheerleading and the self-congratulating that embraces mediocrity as genius, all done seemingly without any sense of irony or self-awareness can be quite grating.  Maybe that tone works for some but not for me; mileage varies, I guess.

I'm right with there with you, many of the self laudatory tweeting that goes on between the writers especially does nothing for me, in fact it gets my snarkometer spiking.

• Love 1

Beckett is a slave to evidence. I don't think this is something she will take lightly.

Yeah...not sure why people have already been judge and jury on how bad it will be. I gave the bare bones of it anyway.

Assuming people believe it, there isn't really anything to be upset about until you see it play out. 

Personally, I'm not condemning the story that I have yet to see, but the finale was so ridiculous that it's hard to imagine this being resolved in a satisfying, non-cheesy, non-soapy way. I have my fingers crossed though! Thanks for the spoilers.....I usually avoid them, and will probably try to start now. :-)

Sweet heavens - memory loss? Yeah, I'll be banking up episodes of the show on my DVR until this plot line is finished. I still haven't watched the season 6 finale. It's a pity really. There was a time when I couldn't wait to watch a new episode but now I couldn't care less. In fact, I'm nor sure why I'm still watching. It'll take Amann & Co. a lot of work to return this show to something that I can watch without rolling my eyes every ten minutes.

• Love 1

You have to be kidding. The reason people and being judge and jury is likely how they felt completely trolled by 623, so why should they all of of sudden feel all supportive of continuing the frustration in S7? I think a lot of us are honestly looking for just the smallest crumb of a reason to keep watching, that doesn't violate the characters as established any more than they already have been.

Although I suppose it could be worse, much worse, if we're  looking at the soapish possibilies. My worst case would involve not just amnesia, but implanted false memories created by a new rival for Beckett. And perhaps one of those bizarre soap diseases would be involved, leaving half the cast in a coma (and to extend the soapishness, a cure made possible from the Beckett-rival). Oh, hell.

• Love 4

If Castle doesn't remember the accident, I can live with that.  I he doesn't remember Beckett or their relationship......I would just be really disappointed in the show. Amnesia like that already ruined Chuck for me, I don't want it to happen again.

So, if there's a two month jump, does that mean it takes two months to find him and Beckett is searching and away from the NYPD for the summer (again)?

Marlowe said something in an interview about how it was important to have that last phone call from Castle, to show that they were solid.  So, I would think Beckett would remember that and not buy that Castle would fake his own death.  She believed in him in Probable Cause.

How is Always not on that list?

Well we are talking about the folk who posted a manip picture on International Kissing Day so their tastes/decisions definitely are questionable at times!

If Castle doesn't remember the accident, I can live with that.  I he doesn't remember Beckett or their relationship......I would just be really disappointed in the show. Amnesia like that already ruined Chuck for me, I don't want it to happen again.

So, if there's a two month jump, does that mean it takes two months to find him and Beckett is searching and away from the NYPD for the summer (again)?

Marlowe said something in an interview about how it was important to have that last phone call from Castle, to show that they were solid.  So, I would think Beckett would remember that and not buy that Castle would fake his own death.  She believed in him in Probable Cause.

Agree with all of this and am wondering about the two month jump too. Or Beckett could be in NYPD working with the Hamptons police department over the two months (if it does take two months to find him, etc).

John Lopes is beyond ridiculous. Why would he keep tweeting out manipulated pics? It's so embarrassing. Everything about this show is embarrassing, come to think of it, from the rah rah painful tweets from the Creasy's to everything P.A. Terri puts out. I can just imagine that her passive aggressiveness has been in overdrive with her husband being shit canned by the network and all. It actually amuses me just to think of it.

They thought Beckett looking at herself in that hideous dress was one of the most romantic moments? Ok....

Really bizarre, especially since that moment came right before she had a minor panic attack and told Castle they shouldn't move up the date of their wedding.  

It's unfortunate that people think an infertility storyline is "contrived" and "BS" - a LOT of people have infertility issues and it's a damn sight less contrived than memory loss from faking your own death in a car accident on the way to your wedding.

• Love 3
(edited)

I simply don't see a good way to spin Castle faking his own death and a bloody amnesia arc. It's not the ultimate relationship test or whatever, it's fucking ridiculous. This leads me to believe that Hacklowe does indeed have creative control because only he could come up with that half assed fuckery of a plot line. And if getting your leads married is so goddamned boring you shouldn't have spent nine episodes talking about a wedding.

Believe it or not you can get have a married couple solving mysteries without everything going off the rails (see: Bones; Hart to Hart). For a better writer it's not that difficult. He wrote himself straight into the wall with FBFW and lost a lot of fan goodwill while he did. It's painful to watch this show spin out like this. And I'm going to say it. Moonlighting Curse is dead. Castle Curse begins.

Edited by Elysium1973
  • Love 2

I don't think it's quite fair to say people are just complaining. Many (including myself) felt very dicked around and extremely disappointed by the finale of season 6, and so perhaps feel like the whole storyline is stupid.

I can only hope it plays out better than it sounds. I honestly could not believe I was seeing what we saw in 6x23- it soured me on the show badly, and it was just bad writing and poor storytelling as far as I was concerned.

I would rather the show never stray into this territory of memory loss and burning cars and interrupted weddings. I don't need to see the relationship challenged, I want to see fun cases with good character relationships surrounding them.

So, in this way, it's hard to speculate on how this plays out or what happens next, because I can't even really accept that they went in this direction in the first place!

• Love 4

I figured everyones question would be where has he been and why doesn't he remember.  At least that's what I'm asking...

I'm definitely wondering that too since it'll probably be what sets the path of what's to come in the season.

(edited)

John Lopes is beyond ridiculous. Why would he keep tweeting out manipulated pics? It's so embarrassing. Everything about this show is embarrassing, come to think of it, from the rah rah painful tweets from the Creasy's to everything P.A. Terri puts out. I can just imagine that her passive aggressiveness has been in overdrive with her husband being shit canned by the network and all. It actually amuses me just to think of it.

Yeah Terri must be frothing at the mouth, her protective instincts in overdrive at the moment.  I know you shouldn't judge someone from their tweets but the guy comes over as such an idiot with his comments if he was part of my organisation in any way I'd be embarrassed and asking him to put a sock in it. Thank God Amann is not a Twitter (yet).  

I don't think the person who puts together those lists on the ABC site watches the show much. 

Edited by verdana

And you are allowed to feel dicked around and unhappy with the story.

But this is a thread for spoilers and spec.

We finally have a real spoiler to discuss so why can't we do that?

There are plenty of other threads to discuss gripes.

Did I say we couldn't discuss it? Discussing a spoiler by saying it sounds silly is just as valid as speculating on how it will come to pass. All discussions are welcome!

(edited)

Which is why I'm thinking the only doesn't remember what happened and as much as KB loves him and trusts him (like we saw in the 3XK episode) Castle cnt even deny nor explain what happened because he doesn't recall.

This is where I wouldn't be surprised if the casting spoiler regarding the psychologist comes in (will lead to more sessions like KB in S4) - he won't have Burke since there's a conflict of interest with KB and he would have to be assessed after he's found, etc.

Edited by Nadine
(edited)

halwideman. This spoiler is being discussed from what I can make out in various ways.  If you dislike my "complaining" about any spoilers and not discussing them in the manner you wish, remember the scroll button is your friend. I'll speculate any way I please I'm not demanding you take any notice or agree with me.

You clearly believe the story has great potential not only for drama but for character development especially for Castle but I don't. It's called disagreement. I think it's going to pile more WTF moments on top of what we've already seen and not be dealt with in any truly meaningful way given past experiences on this show.  I've already told you I don't think there will be any repercussions for Castle as result of this amnesia story so there is nothing to discuss there that is going to affect the characters seriously. If I'm wrong about all this then I'm more than prepared to come back here and admit that.

ETA I see you want to move on, good news.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
(edited)

Totally OT to the above discussion but I'm actually really curious to see who they get to fill in Terlesky's directing position. Unlike writers where we usually find out at the start of the season, unless a contract is in place (to direct a certain number of episodes) it's more an episode to episode basis for a director. The usual suspects such as Bowman (duh), Shaw, Holahan, Roe, Wright will probably all be back.

Edited by Nadine
(edited)

That will be interesting. I like getting the POV of characters in that way. It did a lot for Beckett in season 4.

The problem with Beckett using the shrink in S4 is that they didn't use this resource enough. He got a few outings early on and then they stopped the visits so you never got to see her emotionally grappling with anything after the initial consultations, I really didn't gain as much insight as I thought I would into how she was coping.

I know Stana loved the idea of Beckett finally having this window to the audience into how she was feeling as Castle always had his family to act as sounding board but as usual they dropped the ball on it.  Another irritating thing was when they did start showing her visits again they never had one decent conversation where we got to see her answer any of his questions properly so I was none the wiser about her feelings. It felt like yet another wasted opportunity to add to the long list of them on this show.

Edited by verdana

Totally OT to the above discussion but I'm actually really curious to see who they get to fill in Terlesky's directing position. Unlike writers where we usually find out at the start of the season, unless a contract is in place (to direct a certain number of epiosdes) it's more an episode to episode basis for a director. The usual suspects such as Bowman (duh), Shaw, Holahan, Roe, Wright will probably all be back.

Me too Nadine! Especially since I remember in interviews it being said that Castle is deceptively difficult to direct. I know on episode commentary for Final Frontier, Jonathan Frakes said they got an incredible amount of coverage, and I can't remember who said that many got eaten alive in their first attempts to direct episodes.

I am also really interested to see what new writers bring to the party.

(edited)

Totally OT to the above discussion but I'm actually really curious to see who they get to fill in Terlesky's directing position. Unlike writers where we usually find out at the start of the season, unless a contract is in place (to direct a certain number of epiosdes) it's more an episode to episode basis for a director. The usual suspects such as Bowman (duh), Shaw, Holahan, Roe, Wright will probably all be back.

I thought Terlesky was a good solid director and I was disappointed he left. I didn't notice his directing which for me was a good thing unlike Bowman who seems like a show off who wants to make sure you know it's him often at the expense of the story that's being told. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)

I'd personally vote for bringing in Christopher Misiano - been a fan of his prior to his The West Wing days and last season he did direct some ABC produced shows (including Revenge where Terlesky's heading to). The thing I like about him is whatever the material he usually directs it well, whether it's comedy, drama, dark/light sequences, etc.

I think with Bowman we can vouch that there will definitely be his usual dark shots involved in the premiere! I was actually doing a XF rewatchh (up to S3) and as you said you can tell when he's directing unlike the others. The only one where for me it wasn't as obvious was Murder He Wrote. That being said I am glad he's doing the premiere with Amann, hoping we'll get something like After the Storm in terms of directing quality there.

Edited by Nadine
(edited)

It's unfortunate that people think an infertility storyline is "contrived" and "BS" - a LOT of people have infertility issues and it's a damn sight less contrived than memory loss from faking your own death in a car accident on the way to your wedding.

I agree with you that infertility would be a much less contrived story to go with. The problem I have with this subject is that I don't think Castle has the capacity given the dramedy format to write about this in a way that won't be treating the matter like a source of cheap angst and drama for Caskett. If you're going to tackle something like that you need to do it properly and I have my doubts they could pull it off in a way that would be interesting. It would probably end up being insulting and annoying to a lot of people because of their capacity for often tone deaf storytelling.    

Edited by verdana
(edited)

A couple initial thoughts: just because they think Castle looks involved doesn't mean he is. Also, if he was, he may have been threatened and told that KB would be killed if he told her. Or maybe he caused the crash after whoever was chasing him messed up/let him get away so they would leave thinking he was dead.

I just really hope they don't screw up this show any more.

All viable possibilities, flicker, and amen.

Reason why I'm more concerned than excited by this possible storyline at this point is that a) it all just sounds so contrived instead of compelling, and b) on the face of it, it doesn't really generate a new, interesting, emotionally powerful Caskett story for me.  Beckett doubting (or not doubting is more likely) Castle has been done before. Castle controversially keeping a secret for the greater good has been done before.  Both of them going after some conspiracy has been done before.  Whatever the angle, I'm not really interested in seeing more unnecessary doubts, and definitely not more lies, for this solid couple.  If they start having issues but don't actually talk to each other about them, then I'm going to be really annoyed.  It sounds like there'll be a lot of mystery to unravel, whereas I've always been more interested in the emotional moments between the couple so I hope those don't get short-changed.

Anyone watch shows where they've done the amnesia plot, and was it a success?  I think they did it on Chuck and Revenge though I don't watch either.  Bones too? lol.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 2
If you're going to tackle something like that you need to do it properly and I have my doubts they could pull it off in a way that would be interesting. It would probably end up being insulting and annoying to a lot of people because of their capacity for often tone deaf storytelling.

Oh, you're probably right - this writing staff is useless. I got caught up in the smug commentary a little bit and my exasperation started to show.

I don't (didn't, really) watch Castle for serious drama, but I don't expect Passions-level of cheesy drama, either. It's somewhat disappointing how lazy the writing is and how far the show has fallen (IMO).