Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

CASTLE: Meme is Murder

CASTLE & BECKETT HUNT DOWN A Social Media Killer, ON ABC’S “CASTLE”

“Meme is Murder” – When a web celebrity is murdered, Castle and Beckett explore the flashy world of internet fame. But when the killer posts pictures from the crime scene on a photo-sharing site, they realize they are up against a social media sociopath who may strike again, on “Castle,” MONDAY, OCTOBER 27 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Castle” stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Maya Stojan as Tory Ellis, Emily Davenport as Abby Smith, Matt Pascua as Carlos Villegas, James Huang as Edward Han.

“Meme is Murder” was written by Jim Adler and directed by Bill Roe.
There are so many versions of Alexis I don't like, and Sherlock!Alexis is up there.

I just don't like when they had her build theory with Castle. That was just icky.

I don't mind her unknowingly helping with cases like in the early seasons.  But I didn't like her in this last episode, I thought Molly (who I normally think is very good, regardless of what I think of Alexis) was kind of overacting in those investigation scenes.

7.10 starts filming today (Chad confirmed this on his Twitter during the live tweet). While 7.08 will also wrap today - so there will be an overlap in filming (last time this happened with main units overlapping was for Beast and Ninja last season).

Edited by Nadine

I do hope since the Creaseys are getting 2 eps before break that they will get another one in the spring. Maybe Jim can make an appearance for the Christmas ep too. We could use some more Jim interactions with everyone else in Castle/Rodgers side.

I do hope since the Creaseys are getting 2 eps before break that they will get another one in the spring. Maybe Jim can make an appearance for the Christmas ep too. We could use some more Jim interactions with everyone else in Castle/Rodgers side.

I'm curious to see who writes 7.09 - because that episode was originally supposed to be out of sweeps but got moved out now because of 7.06 being preempted a week.

Agree about the Jim part.

Edited by Nadine

Well, Andrew Bikichky said they are filming 7.10 ahead of 7.09 for scheduling reasons, so that ~could mean they could get Scott Paulin to be in an episode NOW as opposed to a few weeks from now when 7.10 would normally be shooting. Fingers crossed! 

Thanks cappuccino. Oh boy Nathan is in his element there! Love him with the kid, why do I sense that ovaries will be exploding amongst the female population as they imagine Daddy!Castle in years to come playing around with his own son. 

Well, Andrew Bikichky said they are filming 7.10 ahead of 7.09 for scheduling reasons, so that ~could mean they could get Scott Paulin to be in an episode NOW as opposed to a few weeks from now when 7.10 would normally be shooting. Fingers crossed! 

Surely Jim Beckett is going to make an appearance at some point this season or is he going to be related to Aunt Teresa status. Heard but never seen? 

I like him in something other than black jeans. Clearly they had to switch it up to show the wet spot, but Luke should keep the regular denim in the rotation. Agree about Daddy!Castle. Definetely a good look for Fillion and Castle.

• Love 1

Daddy!Castle is just such a natural fit for Fillion, he's perfect with kids (may be because he is a bit of a big kid at heart) so he's not even having to act that much here I'll wager, it's all natural. Some actors can feel so stiff and awkward with kids but not him. I hope they don't go too overboard though during this episode and the kids end up making him look like a total idiot all the time because then we get back to Doofus!Castle which is definitely not a favourite of mine. 

• Love 1

I totally agree with verdana and hope the kids won't be making idiot of Rick full episode. Some jokes on Castles account may be entertaining if they don't go on cruel side and don't make laughingstock of him.

Cute sneak peek and yeah, Nathan's looking good here complete with wet spot heh.  Kudos to the kid actors because from the BTS pic you can see there really are loads of people staring at you as you perform.  I think the kids will be getting the better of Mr. Castle quite a few times till he becomes 'one of them' at the end. Poor guy even ends up on his bum in the promo.  I'm going to get a kick out of Castle being called 'Mr Castle' in the episode, in a way that isn't related to Gates disapproving tone heh.  I think Nathan planned to be a teacher when he was at university so he may get a kick out of this as well.

Would have loved to see Jim Beckett 'Mr Castle' Castle at one time (for a laugh), but the ship's long sailed on that by now and they're definitely in Jim/Rick territory by now.  A Jim/Rick conversation could be fun in light of Castle sharing that he wants to know what Jim really thinks of him.  

Edited by madmaverick

I'd forgotten that Nathan's parents are also both teachers so it kind of runs in the family. I wonder if he got any tips? Heh. Although may be they don't teach kids this young. I  liked the "Mr Castle" too, that kid was pretty cute too, sometimes the younger child actors on TV are so irritating (or may be that's what kids are like I tend to steer well clear of them at that age) but he was fine. 

TV|Line Spoilers:

Anything new on Castle? – Sam
Episode 9, “titled “Role of a Lifetime,” revolves around the murder of a Stallone-like action-movie headliner, with the persons of interest including the vic’s onetime co-star, his Brigitte Nielsen-esque wife, and their club promoter son.

Christine Roum

Is that confirmed? Thanks for providing it. I could see her writing something like this or Hanning. That also seems like Rob's type of thing.

After reading it quickly though it kind of makes sense why Amann's episode will be the last one for Sweeps whilst 7.09 will be out of Sweeps now due to the preemption on Nov 3. Kind of excited for the Sweeps eps. Got a massive range in the types of episodes there..

Edited by Nadine

How do we think the wedding happens?

I think it'll be low-key - but sweetly done - at the precinct. Unless they want to build another set to look like City Hall. ;) But if it's at the precinct, all the gang can be present much like they were for Ryan & Jenny's engagement. Beyond location, I don't have any other ideas, which I kinda like. I'm very curious to see how it's worked into an AU-themed episode. 

Quickly.

I'm guessing it will take up no more than about three minutes from the start to "and you may now kiss the bride" fade out at the end of an episode.

I don't want them getting married at the precinct because I don't know any one whose dream scenario is to get married at work - that seems odd, could it turn out to be romantic? I guess anything's possible with good writing...but I do agree with those that say it will be low key - I wonder if they'll stretch to getting Scott Paulin to finally make an on screen appearance or will Jim Beckett be too busy working a case to turn up to his daughter's wedding?  

I figure they'll go in the exact opposite direction to the botched showy outdoor wedding in the Hamptons because that's the predictable thing to do and they also don't want to invite any comparisons with Bones that had a big outdoor, traditional wedding ceremony.  So City Hall it probably is. 

Edited by verdana

Last 5 mins of the ep either at the precinct or at city hall probably like Kyra's low key postponed wedding. Juliana was on the set visiting Seamus and tweeted pics out on 9/5? It could be a cover so that Jenny can be at the wedding. They better have Jim there if everyone else in the main cast is there cause it would look strange if the father of the bride isn't there.

I'm very curious to see how it's worked into an AU-themed episode.

My guess is that they start the episode with them getting ready, then we get mostly AU stuff, then come back to reality for the actual ceremony.  My assumption is that there will be some kind of case in the AU world. 

I agree it won't be super long, but I don't think it needs to be.  As long as we get to see them say vows (that are nice and meaningful) I will be happy.   Castle isn't really the kind of show that would abandon its formula to spend a whole episode on a wedding ceremony, so I'm not expecting that.   

• Love 2

Before the episode on Monday I would have predicted the wedding might happen off-camera!  But Monday really brought me back to thinking they could regain hitting their potential!!!  (And I rewatched on Wednesday and STILL loved it...the COTW was less obvious than it's been, there was less exposition (since they actually had some scenes non-case related, Castle got to be SMART again, and they were on the same page...REALLY liked it!!)  I don't like the idea of the precinct; then again I currently hate my job.  Anyhow, I vote for a wedding at the loft.  Thanksgiving is in November...maybe they decide to be really thankful and tie the knot?

She looks fine, but he looks great!  Dunno if he got his 4 day work week for real, he likes better scripts, he discovered CrossFit, he's in love, but whatever, looking fine...(wandering around now trying to find a way out of the shallow end now...)

• Love 1

Nathan is gonna live tweet Monday's episode. Should be great to hear how it went down with him and the kids on set.

Nathan Fillion

How about another live tweet for the next episode of Castle? We worked really hard on it. Any thoughts on which coast?

Edited by cappuccino

I'd forgotten that Nathan's parents are also both teachers so it kind of runs in the family. I wonder if he got any tips? Heh. Although may be they don't teach kids this young.

Both his parents and his brother Jeff taught at the high school level. Jeff Fillion was a principal, but I didn't see his name on any high school in the Edmonton Catholic School Board, so he may be retired.

Thanks femmefan1946. I'd forgotten Jeff. Nathan would have made a great teacher, going to his lessons wouldn't have been dull.  

I agree it won't be super long, but I don't think it needs to be.  As long as we get to see them say vows (that are nice and meaningful) I will be happy.   Castle isn't really the kind of show that would abandon its formula to spend a whole episode on a wedding ceremony, so I'm not expecting that.

I agree the formula they've got means not much wedding time but given the bad taste 6.23 left with many it might be nice if they managed to give the fans more than a few minutes. This is a huge, significant moment for many and the fans want the writers to do justice to that. Of course the showrunner would probably argue we've had the build up in 6.23 so we don't need to see any of that again just the actual ceremony but I hope the case is written in such a way that it doesn't feel like almost an afterthought and something they almost tacked on at the end. 

She looks fine, but he looks great!  Dunno if he got his 4 day work week for real, he likes better scripts, he discovered CrossFit, he's in love, but whatever, looking fine...(wandering around now trying to find a way out of the shallow end now...)

Keep wading in that shallow end it's a great place to be.. ...yeah Nathan looks good I don't know what it is but whatever the reason he should keep doing it. 

Not surprised Nathan has chosen to live tweet this one.  

Edited by verdana

Yeah last Monday puts MarMann in danger. If they screw the wedding up, the tar, feathers and pitchforks will most certainly come out. Hope you're listening guys. It's not too late to make a different wedding ep!

I agree the formula they've got means not much wedding time but given the bad taste 6.23 left with many it might be nice if they managed to give the fans more than a few minutes. This is a huge, significant moment for many and the fans want the writers to do justice to that. Of course the showrunner would probably argue we've had the build up in 6.23 so we don't need to see any of that again just the actual ceremony but I hope the case is written in such a way that it doesn't feel like almost an afterthought and something they almost tacked on at the end

That has been my concern/prediction since 7.06 and 7.07 were announced.

Tweets go in here or the media thread ? It's not really that spoiler-y but could be to some.

John M Lopes ‏@The_JML

G'morning....First, yesterday was Xmas on the set of #CastleSeason7 Second, the #castle fandom is about to receive one BIG gift #StayTuned

John M Lopes ‏@The_JML

#Castle fandom kills me..Everyone wants a baby!! lol ;) [Personally I think it's better than a baby]

Lets wait and see on that one.

Edited by cappuccino

I think the show could handle a baby just fine.  One episode: Kate has the baby, maybe labor starts while she's working on a case.  Now Kate takes her maternity leave and she and Castle look for a live-in nanny.  One of the nanny interviewees is murdered, so Kate is a witness and consults on the case.  She returns to work after her maternity leave and has more cases.  The baby can be in the show now and then.  Perhaps an episode or two could take place when Kate is off-duty & she and Rick find a body, like at the Hamptons. 

Tweets go in here or the media thread ? It's not really that spoiler-y but could be to some.

Lets wait and see on that one.

Just about anything would be better than a baby of their own on the show for me.  Too soon to hope for the next makeout scene? ;)

• Love 1

I'm never the Debbie Downer but John M Lopes is kind of full of shit.

He's irritating as hell, I try to ignore his constant tweeting dropping "hints" about the show and getting basic facts wrong. 

And no John not everyone wants a bloody baby on this show. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 3

Ha ha that sneak peek, the set up is obvious with the kids getting to him as soon as he walks through the door but I still loved it.

Why do I feel like that's both Castle and Nathan?

Oh yeah this, for once I feel Nathan didn't have to do much acting here just be himself. I loved Beckett's little head shake as Castle's saying he can get into the minds of those kids. I like the teacher's not impressed attitude, gives Nathan something to play off, made me laugh. 

I work in the business and I don't even know what he does.

Is he some sort of weird fan who is friends with the producers?

Something about he works for some company that funds something that has to do with Castle? I don't know how that gets him on set all the damn time, though. I mean, the money has to come from somewhere, but to have an investor around all the time? That seems weird.

Maybe he's just a huge fan, too, and is using his connections to be around.

Ha ha that sneak peek, the set up is obvious with the kids getting to him as soon as he walks through the door but I still loved it.

Oh yeah this, for once I feel Nathan didn't have to do much acting here just be himself. I loved Beckett's little head shake as Castle's saying he can get into the minds of those kids. I like the teacher's not impressed attitude, gives Nathan something to play off, made me laugh. 

That was another fun sneak peek.  I'm actually developing expectations for this episode as it's written by Hanning.  Dangerous! ;) 

I loved Castle being unfazed when the teacher wouldn't let him call her Leslie lol.  And I loved Beckett trying hard not to smile at Castle being confident Castle turning the charm on.  They're different but complement each other so well.  90% kid but 100% man to Beckett at other times? :P

I have a vague recollection of watching Kindergarten Cop with Arnold Schwarzenegger but I think I'm going to find Nathan more fun and attractive in comparison heh. We never saw Castle and Alexis interact when she was this age so seeing him with all these other kids may give us an idea of how he was like with her.

• Love 1