Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Showrunners are in for a shock, I think.  I predict sub 1.0 ratings.

Although, you know what?  She's coming to the loft, maybe at the same time as the guy with the gun.  Maybe she'll figure out here that she can only "protect*" Castle by staying with him.  I'll let someone who watches tell me.

*Protected by the lady who continually loses her gun, ha.

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 1

These two characters are married, and yet Castle is supposed to be excited that his wife who is moving out of their home has the hots for him still.  Maybe that will make him realize that he doesn't have to win her back but that she has something else pushing her away.  

Does a married couple have to have UST?  Is Beckett finding her own husband attractive a secret that only a woman who smells too much can reveal?  This is one of the weirdest storylines.  I can't help but wonder if this is making a mockery of the couple.  I'm not a shipper, but these two are married and yet there's all this UST game playing that is usually for characters who can't admit they like each other.  

• Love 2

What I don't get is why they'd air this sneak peek if they want people to watch.  Maybe they're just masochistic?  Maybe someone has a contract based on ratings so they need to tank the ratings to get out of it?  What is it?

Maybe the notion that she's going to the loft is supposed to make us watch?  The only people who could possibly think this was "fun" is those who know their plan.  Not the viewers.

Do they not get that people don't tune into television to be miserable?  I call AH/TPW "Evil Empire 2.0".  Their pride is certainly going-eth before their ultimate fall.

But more than likely something is going to happen in the last 2 minutes to keep that carrot dangled.  Castle is like basketball.  You only have to watch the last 2 minutes to know what went on ;-).

• Love 1

Ouch. I honestly love Beckett, but as of this season, it's getting continually harder to defend her and justify her actions, and I find myself liking her...less and less with every episode that airs. 

• Love 2
But more than likely something is going to happen in the last 2 minutes to keep that carrot dangled.  Castle is like basketball.  You only have to watch the last 2 minutes to know what went on ;-).

Beckett cries in the promo, that will be the carrot. "Awww look, this is tearing her up inside. Caskett is forever"

Brb going to go play in traffic

• Love 1

Ouch. I honestly love Beckett, but as of this season, it's getting continually harder to defend her and justify her actions, and I find myself liking her...less and less with every episode that airs. 

I've had my share of issues with how Beckett was portrayed in the past (Watershed etc) but this seems like they are going out of their way to make her cruel & unlikable. The way she is treating Castle is like watching somebody club a baby seal. This is not the same character that I have been watching the last 2 seasons.

• Love 6

Wow that's a terrible sneak peek. This case would've probably fit during s4 douchebag arc as a replacement for Headhunters. I guess the Alex Gross painting should be gone in the loft and the train one back on the stairs. As each new ep airs, Hollander Woods looks better and better as a series finale. At least it creates a nice bookend with Flowers For Your Grave on the TNT reruns.

AND I thought Once Upon a Time was the Fairy Tale, Shesssh was I wrong,   They have turned this into a We were On A Break Friends episode thrown in with America's Greatest Hero. 

Marlowe where are you when the show needs you,

I've never been more glad that I just watch the show for fun and don't get emotionally invested. That way I can still enjoy the Castle and Beckett interactions even though I realize that the story line doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

Wow, THAT'S what they give as a sneak? Yikes.

Poor Castle. He thinks he's taken 2 steps forward only to be knocked back 5.  

A sneak like that suggests that the 'win her back' scenario has probably run its course. Her comments would make more sense if viewers knew that a clear danger to Castle currently exists and she was actively trying to stop something from happening to him, but the audience has been given nothing that really explains her behavior. Most promos are always misleading, but it presents more and more that the producers are trying to be too clever for their own good. After 8x5, there are only two more new episodes aside from the Slaughter do over before the audience will be away for over 12 weeks. The story so far has done nothing to move the relationship forward, but rather just alienate a LIVE audience to a point that many might just stop watching and will be lost for good. I doubt very much that the upcoming Christine Roum written episode will be enough to make matters any better before the extended hiatus. IMO

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

Hot damn the fun is back. Captain hoochie mama wants to get the rest of her shit from the loft all the while smelling like she is in heat. Pure comedy genius.

Serves her right for packing such a small bag in the first place.

• Love 1

KAVEDWELLER, ON 13 OCT 2015 - 10:51 PM, SAID:

Hal confirmed there was no reconciliation in the Mr. and Mrs. Castle episode, but that's not the fall finale, is it? 8x07 moves to 8x08

I doubt they will be fully back together then though. However, I really don't see how they stretch this whole thing out all season.

We must have a few weeks without new episodes in the fall. There's only 4 more new episodes before 11/23.

10/19 - 8x05 The Nose

10/26 - ?

November sweeps start Oct 29th

11/2 - ?

11/9  - Beckett-lite episode, so I guess Slaughter 8x06 "Cool Boys"

11/16 - 8x07 - "The Last Seduction"

11/23 - 8x08 Fall finale "Mr. & Mrs. Castle"

======================Updated=========================

10/19  - 8x05 -  "The Nose"    Kiu/Robin

10/26  - 7x07 -  "Once Upon a Time in the West"

November sweeps Oct 29 - Nov 25 

11/2 -   ?

11/9 -   8x06  - "Cool Boys" Beckett-lite episode (Slaughter) Hawley/Holahan

11/16 - 8x07  - "The Last Seduction"    Hanning/Terlesky

11/23 - 8x08  - "Mr. & Mrs. Castle" (No reconciliation)  Roum/Bleckner

Christine Roum writing a fall finale? Her last episode - "Last Action Hero"

Just one more sign pointing to a lost season.

February sweeps Feb 4 - March 2

Per The Futon Critic(Usually Very Accurate and Up to Date):

date (day) time network episode title

11/23/15 (Mo.) 10:01 PM ABC TBA (*)

11/16/15 (Mo.) 10:01 PM ABC TBA (*)

11/9/15 (Mo.) 10:01 PM ABC (#808) Cool Boys (*)

11/2/15 (Mo.) 10:01 PM ABC TBA (*)

10/26/15 (Mo.) 10:01 PM ABC (#707) Once Upon a Time in the West ®

10/19/15 (Mo.) 10:01 PM ABC (#805) The Nose

Edited by VinceW

Hmmmm....why post THIS kind of sneak peak?    We've got meltdowns happening all over the place and fans throwing in the towel.    They must either be 1. totally tone deaf  OR  2.   This is a fakeout....and this scene is made up for elsewhere by another scene....perhaps when Rick realizes (with the Nose) that Kate has gone down the rabbit hole again. 

This is only a tiny part of the show and not what the whole thing will be about, so I'm going to hold my fire (and Ire) until AFTER I see the episode.    There's supposed to be a payoff of some kind by the fall finale.    It better be a good one, or I'll start stockpiling my eps to watch after the series is cancelled.

Thanks VinceW.

Castle Promos @CastlePromos Castle Promos 

That's one of the best things I've learned about the #Castle fandom. Once you're here, you're family.  Castle Promos added,

Toks Olagundoye @ToksOlagundoye

It is so amazing that a lot of people I don't know are, in many ways, far more supportive than some of the people I do know. Thank you guys

Yeah we're like a family alright, a highly dysfunctional one.

I'm sure there will be a pay off because that's how you manipulate your audience, the good old bait and switch. I'll take bets now that she goes to collect her stuff and something happens, we then get a kiss or a seductive smile and if they're really pushing the boat out an "Always" and yet I can see her hapless husband remaining oblivious to what the problem is even if she stops over for a one nighter. She can then take the rest of her belongings the next morning. 

Edited by verdana

Hmmmm....why post THIS kind of sneak peak?    We've got meltdowns happening all over the place and fans throwing in the towel.    They must either be 1. totally tone deaf  OR  2.   This is a fakeout....and this scene is made up for elsewhere by another scene....perhaps when Rick realizes (with the Nose) that Kate has gone down the rabbit hole again. 

This is only a tiny part of the show and not what the whole thing will be about, so I'm going to hold my fire (and Ire) until AFTER I see the episode.    There's supposed to be a payoff of some kind by the fall finale.    It better be a good one, or I'll start stockpiling my eps to watch after the series is cancelled.

The TVLine write up sort of suggests it's a fake out, but I'm not sure I trust that. Such a sad clip to see though. I'm thinking they did it because they wanted to release the scene with super smelling lady telling Castle about Kate having the hots for him, and were too clueless to realize the rest of it may upset people.

I wonder what nose lady's problem with Ryan and Espo is?

If she does collect her stuff I hope she takes that creepy doll and that horrible sea shells picture with her. 

Winter: She will be living somewhere else. She won’t be living in the loft. She’s put space between herself and Castle because she’s trying to protect him. It’s not like she’s out buying new furniture, buying paintings for the wall. …

I remembered this bit from a recent interview, he was right she's not buying new things she's getting them out of the loft instead. Heh

• Love 1

I read something on Twitter about how this horrible, not close to "fun" storyline could be redeemed. This won't happen, but I agree it could work. Rick is in on everything Beckett is doing, we just don't know it yet (like Ryan and Espo in Reckoning with 3xk). There would be plot holes like always, but at least Beckett wouldn't be the raging bitch they've made her appear to be all season.

I read something on Twitter about how this horrible, not close to "fun" storyline could be redeemed. This won't happen, but I agree it could work. Rick is in on everything Beckett is doing, we just don't know it yet (like Ryan and Espo in Reckoning with 3xk). There would be plot holes like always, but at least Beckett wouldn't be the raging bitch they've made her appear to be all season.

That would be a retcon, but would definitely salvage things.

What they really need to do is show us what Beckett is thinking/feeling. We haven't seen much of that because whenever anyone asks her what's going on she's all "It's complicated" and "I need space." Which are things you say when you don't want to tell people what's really going on.

Wasn't Vikram supposed to be her "confident" or something this season, since he's the only one who knows what she's doing? But even in her scenes with him Beckett wasn't that open about what she's feeling (which is in character, but annoying for viewers).  And I don't think Vikram's in the next episode because TPTB interviewed we wouldn't see anything with Beckett's "obsession" in episode 5.

• Love 1

Regarding the sneak: Castle is like Dori: sth bad happened but uh look sth shiny. Bad feeling gone.

Are they for real?! She just kicked him in the balls but hey that weird chick with the bullring nose piercing says she has the hots for you and boom everything is forgotten. I mean I've got used to what they have done to the Castle character over the last 3-4 years due to Beckett but that seriously is beyond everything. I don't even know what to say to that anymore.........

• Love 1

That would be a retcon, but would definitely salvage things.

At this stage I'll take anything to make this mess better. 

What they really need to do is show us what Beckett is thinking/feeling. We haven't seen much of that because whenever anyone asks her what's going on she's all "It's complicated" and "I need space." Which are things you say when you don't want to tell people what's really going on.

They're also reverting back to subtext (like with the coffee scene last week) and having Beckett too closed off from everyone, I also thought Vikram was going to be more involved than he has been, Beckett feels a very.....distant and isolated figure at the moment.  It's not helping, the character doesn't come over as being particularly sympathetic or appealing which I thought is what they wanted, not that Castle is faring much better TBH, he looks as dumb as bag of hammers. 

At this stage subtext, silence and stonewalling are not what I expect to see from either of them, they're married, they were communicating before without too much difficulty they should be doing so now, the longer this carries on the more unbelievable it gets. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I didn't think it would that easy for them to turn the audience against Beckett! If that is their intention then they are doing a bang up job!! Kudos!

Audiences make it too easy for writers to get away with these sort of things.....just saying.

• Love 1

At this stage I'll take anything to make this mess better. 

They're also reverting back to subtext (like with the coffee scene last week) and having Beckett too closed off from everyone, I also thought Vikram was going to be more involved than he has been, Beckett feels a very.....distant and isolated figure at the moment.

Spoilers released over the summer made it seem like Vikram and Haley were going to be more involved this season. So far they've been rather unimportant and generic, and hardly worth all the discussion that has gone on about them.

I don't mind some subtext, and I really loved the coffee scene in the last episode. But you can't only have subtext.

I didn't think it would that easy for them to turn the audience against Beckett! If that is their intention then they are doing a bang up job!! Kudos!

Audiences make it too easy for writers to get away with these sort of things.....just saying.

Some people seem to like putting one character against the other, or disliking some characters. So with the writing this season, I'm not surprised by what's happening.

• Love 1

Spoilers released over the summer made it seem like Vikram and Haley were going to be more involved this season. So far they've been rather unimportant and generic, and hardly worth all the discussion that has gone on about them.

I don't mind some subtext, and I really loved the coffee scene in the last episode. But you can't only have subtext.

Some people seem to like putting one character against the other, or disliking some characters. So with the writing this season, I'm not surprised by what's happening.

I have to say I have always been fascinated by how some fans can watch this show actively hating on either Castle or Beckett (or the actors who portray them). I don't think I would still be watching after all this time if I really didn't like either one or the other?? I'm still rooting for them even if these writers appear determined to make me not.....

• Love 3

KAVEDWELLER, ON 16 OCT 2015 - 8:26 PM, SAID:
Spoilers released over the summer made it seem like Vikram and Haley were going to be more involved this season. So far they've been rather unimportant and generic, and hardly worth all the discussion that has gone on about them................

Good point. In hindsight, the early information was a shiny distraction from the real story forthcoming to avoid any hint of a possible breakup which the producers knew nobody would watch going into a new season. In Marlowe's case, he would just lie about what was going to happen and then deny later that he said it when confronted with the facts. I never expected that the Beckett character would be portrayed as such a shallow person (lacks emotional depth) in the manner that she has been treating Castle so far. I still wonder if Castle is just faking things with her until he finds out more about what she is working on with Vikram.  

Edited by VinceW

Yep. And due to that 'fun', I'm choosing not to watch.

You and I are putting the "Diss!" rather than the "fun" in diss-fun-ctional ;-).

Not watching either.  I wonder if we should have a "not watch" party ;-).

• Love 2

You and I are putting the "Diss!" rather than the "fun" in diss-fun-ctional ;-).

Not watching either.  I wonder if we should have a "not watch" party ;-).

Probably ;). It sucks whenever a show goes down this path, when it just becomes unwatchable. I hate when it happens.

I'll be watching like always, getting up at 4.30 in the morning to catch a feed over a cup of tea, checking out the reactions on tumblr and twitter, then coming here and seeing what you guys have to say as usual. In the past reading the discussions back and forth has often proven far more entertaining than the episode itself. 

I'm still fond of Castle and Beckett and wish them well, it really hurts to see them being abused in this way by the writers in the pursuit of drama. I want them to stop acting like zombies and for this sorry excuse for a story to end. There are things to enjoy about Castle in season 8 the problem is that it's not with Caskett sadly. I'm clinging to the hope that despite the ill received sneak peek things end on a genuinely positive note for the couple by the credits.

However, I do wonder if it's emotionally healthy to stay this attached to a show when it feels like I'm being punched in the gut every week for my troubles. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I still wonder if Castle is just faking things with her until he finds out more about what she is working on with Vikram.  

He's looking utterly clueless to me with not even a hint that he understands what might be going on. I wish they could have given me something that hinted he is aware of more than he's letting on, Castle is too smart to be this stupid - it doesn't make any sense, it's embarrassing to degrade the character in this way. 

• Love 2

The break from Castle would be much easier without the forums that have really made the show for me. I had no problem leaving the Shonda franchise where I was a solid viewer. Denny and the LVAD on Grey's almost took me out, but they crossed a line with the baby stealing incident on Private Practice. It was easy. I just removed them from my DVR and that was it. No looking back. I didn't follow them on any forums. Of course I'm not exactly a trend-setter. I ditched them years ago and somehow they survived, LOL. I tried watching a new episode of Grey's recently. It was horrible! What did I ever see in it?

But the Castle forums are my light reading when I have insomnia (like tonight). Reading late at night must be hypnotic, because I find myself hanging out in forums a lot more during the day too. The forums are the habit that will be the hardest to break, as Verdana said, an experience that is far superior to the show. But I'm going to try really hard to do it.

I think this episode will end better than expected. I think they released that sneak peek to soften the blow of Beckett's early insensitive proclaimation. How many hard core fans would have otherwise changed the channel at that point before finding out that the nose knows what the heart wants? ;-).

So what will the end result be? Will Castle try to ply her with that champagne? A booty call in the last scene would be an insult, but I don't put it past Mr. and Mr. "Fun" to annoy us with that.

I'm wondering who the gunman in the promo photos is. Is he related to the COTW or to Mombatross 2.0? Probably not the latter since he doesn't have a Castle big-bad look. These showrunners are so predictable in their stereotypes. They might as well dress the pre-dead in red (ala Star Trek) and the bad guys in black, as painfully obvious as they are. Are they being deliberately tongue in cheek?

Anyway, I am waiting with baited breath -- for the ratings! Will this ep that crossed a line for me be more well-received than the others? Probably, with my history in setting trends ;-). I am not expecting any validation. Oh well.

Updated to fix my silly typos.

Edited by TVWithPity

So what will the end result be? Will Castle try to ply her with that champaign? A booty call in the last scene would be an insult, but I don't put it past Mr. and Mr. "Fun" to annoy us with that.

Not champagne, there's that 50 year old Scotch!

If the writers went there I would question what their definition of a healthy, loving, respectful relationship is because that's not mine, it would make things worse not better. The sad thing is I know a make out scene would probably do the the trick and fans would be thrilled they're so desperate for something positive to cling on to and I can't blame them but it would make me sad because it's pure emotional manipulation and it's insulting at least to me. 

I expect the ratings to remain where are for now, it may seem longer but we're only two episodes in to this arc. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2