Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

That’s the struggle that we’re playing around with, especially in the first third of the season.

-------

I think this lends some credence to the theory that something happens around 8.07 or 8.08 that makes Beckett rethink her stance. Though going by hal, it doesn't result in a reconciliation, so I don't really know. 

And after that first third of the season it's going to be about Castle's bs aka his disappearance. Another stupid opstical why they can't reconcile and the last third is going to be about getting them back on track. Big grand finale à la Always ----- snooze.

I see it's confirmed that the most dangerous college on tv is getting used again. So Alexis has like no classes that she can wander over to another school to go undercover at a party. Yeah this whole separation thing isn't gonna work well when the rings are on their fingers and still portraying that's they're married to the public. The new bad guy must be a complete moron or they must be watching Beckett like a hawk to know she's not living at the loft. Based on the sneak peeks, I think I rather see interaction between Castle and Ryan/Espo since Espo is being less annoying than usual than Castle/Beckett not cute interaction in public in the fun eps.

Yeah this whole separation thing isn't gonna work well when the rings are on their fingers and still portraying that's they're married to the public. The new bad guy must be a complete moron or they must be watching Beckett like a hawk to know she's not living at the loft.

This is still not working for me. I mean they have known each other for 8 years, have been together for 3 years and the writers seriously wanna tell me just because she ditched Castle and moved out, he doesn't mean a thing to her and therefore is no liability anymore ? The BIG BAD is just gonna stay away from him or if he decides to take him hostage or whatever she won't come to his rescue ? Even if he doesn't have any information about Beckett, what she is doing or what she knows, they can still use him as bait.

What bugs me even more is Beckett's behavior and how she treats the entire situation. She knows Castle won't back down. He'll keep digging and therefore puts him at risk. If she tells him the truth and that he is in danger if they stay together, he might understand and play his part. With what she is doing now, she puts him knowingly in harms way.

• Love 1
Not sure I found it cute when she was pulling on his bowtie.  It wasn't the sexy scenario I would hope for to do with any unravelling.  I

I've given up on sexy between these two unless it's a very special occasion, I'll take anything these days where she's touching him and an item of clothing happens to fall off. 

I loathe that mustard(?) jacket he's wearing.

Yeah not keen on "Castle is a naughty boy" routine either but the writers think it's funny. 

Why was it so dark?!

This is a question that surely unites the fandom, may be the only thing heh.

• Love 1

Yeah this whole separation thing isn't gonna work well when the rings are on their fingers and still portraying that's they're married to the public. The new bad guy must be a complete moron or they must be watching Beckett like a hawk to know she's not living at the loft. Based on the sneak peeks, I think I rather see interaction between Castle and Ryan/Espo since Espo is being less annoying than usual than Castle/Beckett not cute interaction in public in the fun eps.

This is still not working for me. I mean they have known each other for 8 years, have been together for 3 years and the writers seriously wanna tell me just because she ditched Castle and moved out, he doesn't mean a thing to her and therefore is no liability anymore ? The BIG BAD is just gonna stay away from him or if he decides to take him hostage or whatever she won't come to his rescue ? Even if he doesn't have any information about Beckett, what she is doing or what she knows, they can still use him as bait.

What bugs me even more is Beckett's behavior and how she treats the entire situation. She knows Castle won't back down. He'll keep digging and therefore puts him at risk. If she tells him the truth and that he is in danger if they stay together, he might understand and play his part. With what she is doing now, she puts him knowingly in harms way.

It is not unusual for a couple to be separated, but still perhaps work together or share the same work environment depending on the profession (doctors, lawyers, cops, etc) which regular viewers can accept for a time. However, in most cases, both parties know what issue(s) persists between them causing the disagreement, but in the latest sneak peek we see Castle trying to make the best of Kate leaving him for no apparent reason using comedy and Beckett showing annoyance which suggests more of her “this is my life” crap. Explaining away the separation to those at work (Ryan, Espo, Lanie,etc.) with ‘mommy and daddy fighting’ will just get the audience frustrated because it implies that viewers will just keep watching no matter illogical the story since the audience already knows the reason, but Castle has no clue. If he did, I doubt he would be comedic about it. In a real life situation, the husband would push her to talk about it . You hope that Beckett would not treat Castle this way if she knew that Meredith cheated on him and Castle ended his second marriage over it. It is disheartening to know from the new producers that Caskett will never be happy because happiness lacks drama. That admission alone, at the beginning of a new season, is enough for most long time fans to just stop watching the show no matter how invested in the characters. IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

Aren't we supposed to think Beckett is in the wrong? I remember Hal saying something about that.

It was a while back but I believe so, we're not meant to be be applauding Beckett's choice, although quite a few fans have started hating on her again so may be it wasn't such a good idea but then the writers don't care as long as it generates a reaction of some kind good or bad is immaterial.  

Aren't we supposed to think Beckett is in the wrong? I remember Hal saying something about that.

I really hope so. If we are supposed to sympathize with her then they are even more incompentent that I thought.

It was a while back but I believe so, we're not meant to be be applauding Beckett's choice, although quite a few fans have started hating on her again so may be it wasn't such a good idea but then the writers don't care as long as it generates a reaction of some kind good or bad is immaterial.  

Hawley keeps talking about Beckett's "obsession" and it being in her DNA, so it sounds like we're supposed to think she's has some kind of serious psychological issue.  Which is an odd choice, but Castle writers make a lot of those.

From interviews it sounds like we're also supposed to think that Beckett is trying to get rid of the stupid obsession and not just find the killer.  That explanation casts Beckett in a slightly better light, but it didn't come across on screen that way.  Maybe it will in the coming episodes.  The way the writers have set things up, catching the killer isn't going to be enough to get rid of the obsession, she has to work that out on her own.  Otherwise this will be an issue down the line when an even more powerful enemy emerges from the shadows.  I hope they address that.

Looks like Vikram is replacing Tory at the precinct per TV Line. Guessing Castle will sneak into the morgue and run into Perlmutter again.

We know that Castle‘s Vikram Singh is a tech guy, and he’ll be working with the 12th Precinct. I was wondering if we’re going to see Tory (played by Maya Stojan) again. Is she still at the 12th? –Michelle
“Unfortunately, we might not be seeing Tory” any time soon, co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter reports. As Alexi Hawley explains, “Adding Vikram (as the 12th’s new digital investigator) takes that slot a bit, and because he serves a bigger storyline” — helping Beckett hunt down LOCKSAT — “it’s more productive for us to use him.” But speaking of recurring characters, I do have good news for Inside Line e-mailer Sarah: You’ll “definitely” be seeing Dr. Perlmutter again.

Hawley keeps talking about Beckett's "obsession" and it being in her DNA, so it sounds like we're supposed to think she's has some kind of serious psychological issue.  Which is an odd choice, but Castle writers make a lot of those.

Whilst Beckett showed obsessive tendencies about her mother's case which was understandable (and the story was developed over time) I never thought she was obsessive in any other way.  The writers have not done nearly enough to substantiate the idea that these obsessive tendencies are within her very DNA and have been lying dormant only to suddenly reappear. There's been no seismic enough trigger event to cause such a reaction as far as I'm concerned based on those last two episodes, there's not even a personal connection which they could have used as justification for her leaving Castle and continuing to pursue this. 

From interviews it sounds like we're also supposed to think that Beckett is trying to get rid of the stupid obsession and not just find the killer.  That explanation casts Beckett in a slightly better light, but it didn't come across on screen that way.  Maybe it will in the coming episodes.  The way the writers have set things up, catching the killer isn't going to be enough to get rid of the obsession, she has to work that out on her own.  Otherwise this will be an issue down the line when an even more powerful enemy emerges from the shadows.  I hope they address that.

They've made Beckett look as if she's in need of serious psychological counselling, the harsh fact is no matter how many times she says she loves him when this is over and they reconcile I wouldn't trust her for the same reasons you give and Castle would be foolish to do so unless there's some sign she's finally put this behind her. Although for some no matter what the writers do sadly the damage has already been done. 

Edited by verdana

Hooray some good news! Perlmutter is back! He's more entertaining than Lanie although they need to take care of the Castle bashing and not overdo it. 

Can't say I'll miss Tory, she brought very little to the show and Vikram seems okay to me, in fact I prefer him to Hayley. 

I can see the epic finale now. Beckett shows up at Castle's door:

Beckett: "Oh Castle I finally brought LockSat down. All I needed was a third of a season & a few more episodes later down the line of putting my obsession above everything & everybody in my life. I'm finally cured once and for all"

Castle as he slams her up against the door: "I knew my cunning plan of following you around would work."

I get some are...unhappy, shall we say?...about the direction the show is taking, and I do get being frustrated.

But that does not give anyone the right to attack other posters for their opinions, whether to outright challenge or have someone defend their side, etc.

Let me be clear for everyone: This is NOT strictly a fan site, neither is it strictly a snark/hate site. A happy medium - with respect on both sides and all POVs - is how we roll.

If the circular rants keep on hindering real discussion and posters get targeted for whatever reason, action will be taken.

So, let's all be the adults I'm pretty certain we are and act like it. What will happen on the show won't change, so there's no point in making the forum unpleasant in the process.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

ETA: If, for some reason I'm not around, or my co-mod isn't lurking, if something does occur, that is what the red triangle icon in the right-hand corner of the screen is for, to report a post. That will send us a signal that something needs looking over.

Again, if you have questions, please contact me or co-mod @deaja. Thanks.

Explaining away the separation to those at work (Ryan, Espo, Lanie,etc.) with ‘mommy and daddy fighting’ will just get the audience frustrated because it implies that viewers will just keep watching no matter illogical the story since the audience already knows the reason, but Castle has no clue. If he did, I doubt he would be comedic about it. In a real life situation, the husband would push her to talk about it

It appears the writers have taken the decision to have Castle kept in the dark based on recent interviews and I can't hand wave that away, it's ridiculous that he doesn't ask her outright or that Kate thinks that's acceptable. I can't get emotionally invested in something that's so obviously been engineered to have the characters do things that aren't rational. It's not as if they're arguing over a stupid lion picture - she's walked out on him.  They can't treat it like some kind of joke so that Castle gets to look like a sad sack again bumbling around whilst Kate watches on smiling but slightly exasperated, it's not funny and it certainly doesn't being back fond memories of the past either because that was a different time and situation. I hope 8.03 goes some way to rectifying some of the problems I have with this story but I'm not holding my breath. 

I sort of get the feeling Hawley is calling out Marlowe for being boing and lazy.

(That's pure opinion, not information)

You are not alone.  Every defence of their current bold story arc is beginning to sound like an implied criticism of the past approach, especially from Hawley.  Makes you wonder if the real bts drama was in the writers' room heh.  At the end of the day, the writers can only execute the showrunner's vision.  Maybe every new showrunner believes they know better than the old one.  Marlowe may not be mighty pleased by these comments, but he's probably having the last laugh having not vacated the showrunner chair past his creative prime, and now still continuing to make money off the show whatever the results of the new regime.  

Looking back, I never saw much of the plentiful storytelling Marlowe promised after Caskett got together, unless he meant similarly OOC turns like the arc leading up to DC, the forgotten ex and the non wedding cliffhanger.  Rightly or wrongly, we might get to see Castle woo Beckett this season, but I wish we'd actually gotten that stuff when the romance was new and fresh, and it truly would have been fun to see in the honeymoon period that Marlowe promised but never delivered.  And I agree that any lingering rabbit hole issues Beckett had should have been an arc before marriage and that could have been a realistic challenge for the relationship to overcome before the ultimate commitment.  I'm not keen on this obsessive quality being described as part of Beckett's permanent DNA.  Obsession is a hard quality to be sympathetic with, especially at the cost of the life and love you've built.  They have to tread very carefully in how they address this issue with Beckett now that they've opened the door to this rabbit hole.  I'd previously had confidence in TPW's characterisations but the Beckett in 802 was not written with a deft and nuanced touch.  We have to keep wanting to root for the relationship and care about the characters if they want to keep us engaged, but if they leave us completely cold by completely misjudging the emotional tone and balance, that's really hard to come back from.

The new regime made the bed they now lie in, but I must say, I don't envy them being on the receiving end of all the negativity.  I think I'd have to tune it out if I were them otherwise I'd go crazy trying to execute my own vision of the show at the same time.

The leaving to protect trope almost always has the person who left be wrong.

But does Beckett realise that?  That's a key concern for me because so far, which, granted, isn't much yet, Beckett doesn't seem to see herself as being in the wrong.  She seems to think she's doing what's necessary or even right by Castle.  And given that the show has a track record of Beckett Knows Best, I'm afraid that her ill-judged decision will show to be validated.  Even if it's revealed that Castle also has done something questionable down the line, that doesn't validate Beckett's decision in 802 for me.  I would judge each case separately and I don't think Beckett can make a case for making the decision she did, the way she did, under the circumstances at the time, considering her relationship with Castle.

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

I think the whole obsession & leaving was a just a poorly thought out means to an end. All I think they wanted was the most expedient way to get Castle chasing Beckett again. That's why I don't expect a realistic or satisfying end to the obsession is in her DNA part of the story. I believe they figure if they can recapture the old lightening in a bottle they had in the early days that the majority of the audience will be more than happy to ignore the more serious side of Beckett's issues. If they can pull it off they may be right.

• Love 3
You are not alone.  Every defence of their current bold story arc is beginning to sound like an implied criticism of the past approach, especially from Hawley.  Makes you wonder if the real bts drama was in the writers' room heh.  At the end of the day, the writers can only execute the showrunner's vision.  Maybe every new showrunner believes they know better than the old one.  Marlowe may not be mighty pleased by these comments, but he's probably having the last laugh having not vacated the showrunner chair past his creative prime, and now still continuing to make money off the show whatever the results of the new regime. 

Hawley definitely seems to be criticizing Marlowe, which doesn't seem smart. It's bad form to trash your previous boss, unless that rule doesn't apply to Hollywood?  And if the ratings tank, Marlowe is going to be the one laughing.

And I agree that any lingering rabbit hole issues Beckett had should have been an arc before marriage and that could have been a realistic challenge for the relationship to overcome before the ultimate commitment.  I'm not keen on this obsessive quality being described as part of Beckett's permanent DNA. 

I'm especially not a fan of the phrase Hawley keeps using about her mom's murder changing her DNA.  Your DNA doesn't change.  It's the whole nature (DNA) versus nurture (external events).  But nurture doesn't change nature, it is just that they both play a role in people's behavior.  That being said, addiction can be a genetic trait that is in someone's DNA, and we know Beckett father was an addict.  But addict storylines can be pretty painful to sit through.  And it's really sad to think her DNA will always keep her obsessed with things no matter what she does.

I agree it would have been a better storyline before they got married, especially if it was in season 5 closer to when she first decided she didn't want to risk her life over the case.

Marlowe may not be mighty pleased by these comments, but he's probably having the last laugh having not vacated the showrunner chair past his creative prime, and now still continuing to make money off the show whatever the results of the new regime.

Oops, sorry to quote myself, but in case there was confusion, I meant to say Marlowe didn't vacate the showrunner chair until he was past his creative prime.  Unfortunately, I think his creative prime was in S1!  He really should have gone by the time his idea of a season arc was boring wedding planning culminating in a non-wedding.  I noticed that he's still being billed as consultant to the show, but perhaps that's more a title in name than anything substantive.

I'm also not keen on Hawley saying obsession is part of Beckett's DNA either.  In a way, it's not illogical that both she and her father became addicts after Johanna Beckett was killed.  He addicted to alcohol, she to finding her killer.  But she was the one who helped dragged her father out of his addiction and saw that she had to drag herself out of her own rabbit hole before it ruined her.  And I always thought her single minded obsession was just related to her mom's case, nothing more.  To see it stated now that Beckett has this stronger than ever obsessive compulsion in her that overrides even her relationship with her husband makes her much less 'extraordinary'.  She was strong enough to shut the door on her own obsession before, so why not now when she has even more to live for?  Does not compute.

The wig can go along with Castle's ugly jackets, and now Alexis' middle aged outfits.  Lots to burn! ;)

I've given up on sexy between these two unless it's a very special occasion, I'll take anything these days where she's touching him and an item of clothing happens to fall off.

Could have been a sexy, sweet moment in another context to see her tie his tie or bowtie for him.  Preferably after unravelling, of course.  But as it, we're in for annoyance rather than innuendo from her about sexy Prof Castle.

I loathe that mustard(?) jacket he's wearing.

Isn't it green tweed?  Thought it was not a good choice for a jacket for someone of Castle's age.  With a blue shirt and a red bow tie.  I can't tell what Luke was going for there.  Retro look?  Indiana Jones as archaeology professor look?  Doctor Who?  Oh well, at least it's something different than another sportscoat and blue shirt. ;)

Capt. Beckett's outfit seemed very Detective Beckett.  I guess Luke will just be playing around with whatever's fashionable episode to episode.

This is a question that surely unites the fandom, may be the only thing heh.

Ha.  True that.

Edited by madmaverick
Susan Sullivan @realssullivan

Stress relief tonight on @Castle_ABC @NathanFillion is in top form and @Stana_Katic is all @twitter! See you on the couch!  #unsolicitied

Good old Susan she knows how to promote the show. 

Ikr? I didn't see any of the 30 sec Castle promo last night on ABC. Only the 5 sec place card from the s7 dvd cover and the chyron at the bottom of the screen. I don't remember seeing a promo on last week's Nashville & I missed HTGAWM live last week so I don't know if any promo aired there either.

Mystery solved of why it was so dark in the Dean's office in that PhDead clip.  Directed by Bowman.  Thanks for no lightbulbs again!

Less enthused about Mr & Mrs Castle since it's being written by Christine Roum.

OT for a laugh: Nancy Drew TV series in development.  Doesn't the girl on the cover look like Alexis/Molly? :P

http://tvline.com/2015/10/05/nancy-drew-tv-series-cbs/

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

So, this episode 8 is it? The one we will all be happy with, where they don't get back together?  Is Castle going to get a Beckett Booty Call and that is how we go into the winter hiatus? Will their relationship progress be measured in booty calls? I'd be ok with that.  Their marriage was B O R I N G as written.  I've given up trying to figure out this new big bad thing.  The plot holes are too big and the idea that Castle isn't in danger because she's at a hotel or wherever is, well, unbelievable.  So I'll just pretend.  Anyone else think that Vickram is gay (cross another wish list item off....Beckett has a gay friend...or ANY friend for that matter) and Beckett moves in with him in some type of lair where they can toil away at all hours to crack this loksat thing? 

I would actually be thrilled of we got to see anyone having actual feelings and having real discussions about them. I feel like we got none of that. There should have been a heartfelt convo when Castle returned etc. instead a champagne toast and that lame convo in the bedroom with tons of robes on. ;-)

Beckett won't come to any conclusions about how big her mistakes are whilst Castle is always in her face trying to get involved in her life/cases. If anything, Castle's persistence is just going to reinforce her belief that she made the correct choice of keeping him in the dark.

It will take somebody nearly dying for her to realize (again), or Castle to work it out on his own and get angry with her.

I'm there. Something has to be done I enjoy looking at pretty things and that wig is fugly and distracting. 

It's a flashback to S6 when we Beckett's (SK) extensions on Castle vs. Lizzie's (MB) wig on The Blacklist. I remember the subsequent cheer in the following season premieres when they got rid of both. I can understand while Sister Cities was being shot, etc. The rest would have been a creative decision after that between Stana and Edward (hair).

Count me in on hoping the Nancy Drew series gets picked up. At least they've got a good producing team behind it, etc.

Edited by Nadine

8x04 promo is up on YT.

Castle says in the promo that "there is no greater betrayal than a lie in a marriage." = I assume the context of that is the COTW and it makes Castle think of his own situation?

All I wanntttttt is to see Castle angry.

• Love 1

So someone is having a Significant Mother finale watch party according to SeamusJuliana tweeted a selfie of Nathan, Krista, Jonathan, Jennifer, Seamus and herself. Looks like they planned to watch Castle afterwards based on Nathan's tweet. It does seem like he has a lot of Monday nights off or down time so he was able to tweet/watch her show. I did notice the Con Man screening was at Raleigh so it does looks like Nathan went straight from set to screening (dark pants/shoes & blueish grey button up thankfully without a jacket lol). He was able get last Wednesday night off to live tweet Con Man so I wonder if he'll get to do that the next 3 weeks.

Hmmm there's the lifeboat for Hawley lol.

Mystery solved of why it was so dark in the Dean's office in that PhDead clip.  Directed by Bowman.  Thanks for no lightbulbs again!

Less enthused about Mr & Mrs Castle since it's being written by Christine Roum.

Oh Bowman...sigh

And oh dear for Christine Roum taking on that episode that has fans all flustered and excited, she's the one writer that has been missed the mark for me with every script she's done. Oh well may be this time she'll get it right. 

Edited by verdana

I did notice the Con Man screening was at Raleigh so it does looks like Nathan went straight from set to screening (dark pants/shoes & blueish grey button up thankfully without a jacket lol).

The Con Man screening happened on a Sunday and my question is did they pay for the rental of the Raleigh screening room or is it one of Fillion's "perks" nowadays?

What do we make of this? Alexi Hawley will be a busy guy. Zero doubt they are wrapping up Castle.

https://twitter.com/thr/status/651404070402428928

Zero doubt this is the end for Castle.

And oh dear for Christine Roum taking on that episode that has fans all flustered and excited, she's the one writer that has been missed the mark for me with every script she's done. Oh well may be this time she'll get it right. 

I don't know why fans are in a fluster over this episode, unless Mr & Mrs Castle actually decide to film together for more than a couple of days a time, it's going to be pointless.

Ask Matt: Vampire Diaries' Future, Taking The Grinder Seriously, Colbert's Eclectic Guests, Castle and More at TV Insider 

Question: Here's the thing [about the Castle storyline]. Not every relationship is rainbows and unicorns. We've had three years of good times, something had to happen. I am interested in seeing what they do to bring the spark (back) in, because it was missing it. It's easy to criticize people, but these new showrunners are giving it a chance. It's only been two episodes, two awesome episodes. I'm just frustrated with the continued hate toward the show from people who say they are done. I'm looking forward to seeing if it pays off. It might not, but at least they tried. The show needed something IMO, and I'm not sure if it's regression (on Beckett's part), it's who she has always been. She went to Castle and told him to trust her and forgive her. In the past, she would have just left in the middle of the night without a word. That is some progress, she loves him no doubt. — J-Mizzle

Matt Roush: Well, yes, I guess that is progress, that she didn't just vanish. Where I respectfully disagree with this defense of the latest twist is the notion that Castle had somehow grown stale because of the couple's happiness. When a show is this long in the tooth, after all the angst of the past, what would be so wrong with it just settling into an enjoyable groove without rekindling yet more conspiracy nonsense to keep them apart. Whatever.

At least Castle can count on the loyalty of fans like Teri, who wrote: "I will stick with it forever. No show brings me the great entertainment like Castle does. I may want certain other things to happen, but the acting is just so good that I am compelled no matter what. I hope long-term fans stick with Castle because there will be nothing like seeing a happily-ever-after play out. Beckett left to protect Castle and her family, not because she doesn't love them. Beckett always has been flawed and damaged, but we cheer for her, and I will continue to cheer for both her and the show."

Edited by verdana

I thought the official Richard Castle twitter account was bent on ignoring this latest Caskett development, then they went and posted this:

@WriteRCastle: What’s your favorite rom-com moment where the guy wins back the girl? Asking for a friend.

Oh, Castle.

• Love 1
The show needed something IMO, and I'm not sure if it's regression (on Beckett's part), it's who she has always been. She went to Castle and told him to trust her and forgive her. In the past, she would have just left in the middle of the night without a word. That is some progress, she loves him no doubt. — J-Mizzle

Ha. The "she could have done worse" defense.  That's like a thief saying they only stole a few hundred dollars instead of a thousand.

• Love 2

I honestly DO like that Castle/Beckett are separated because it brings back the longing. I just wish the explanation had been Beckett going into Witness Protection instead of the thin one the writers came up with.

• Love 3
Aubrey Plaza ‏@evilhag

@NathanFillion remember when I was the voice of your smart house and we fell in love?!?!?!?! #deletedscenes #castle

Am I the only one getting a kick out of this?  She was great on Parks & Rec.  It could possibly be funny in a crack way if Beckett somehow got jealous of Lucy without knowing what she was.

On location with a fan.  Still not a fan of this plaid shirt from what, S3 or 4?  But Luke's determined to stick with it.

Lisa ✨ ‏@Elischebamusic  

@NathanFillion thanks for being so nice! And you do the best dedication ever!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQqYEAMUYAQCyyl.jpg

Love their relationship.

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan 

A good deed done when no one is watching tells us who you truly are. I saw @NathanFillion help a stranded motorist on busy street! #proudmom

Guess Tamala made good use of her time when she wasn't talking about 'lividity'.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/tammi-terrell-movie-tamala-jones-producer-1201567409/

Good on the actors for going out there to make their own stuff.  Nathan's produced Con Man, Jon & Seamus are producing their album, and now Tamala, is producing her own movie. 

How has there been three years of good times? There was a previous marriage, she thought he was dead for a while, and she still doesn't know where he was while he was letting her think he was dead. Are these people so screwed up that they think they can make a case that the characters need to be punished for that run of luck?

Still not a fan of this plaid shirt from what, S3 or 4?  But Luke's determined to stick with it.

Well we do seem to be heading back to that era with Castle so it's fitting in a way. 

It's the way they did it. It would be one thing if she had to go into hiding (on the run, witsec, whatever), but she's back at work, the gen public thinks they're still married and only Ryan, Espo, Lanie, Martha and Alexis knows she left Castle but none know the reason.