Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Too bad the whole fandom doesn't follow her on twitter and listen to her advice, she is so civil, gracious, tactful yet interesting at the same time.

Yes, you described how she comes across in interviews perfectly!  I wish the fandom would take her lovely words about her fellow cast members to heart from one who knows them as well as learn from her spot on unsolicited advice.

I don't know if the writers see Susan as some gold dust to only be sprinkled on the show in small quantities or don't see room for Martha to have much to do in a tight procedural structure, but I wish that weren't the case!  Her ex husband (criminal?) who ripped her off of her life savings is a ripe storyline in her character history waiting to be explored.  Lots of stories could be told from the experiences of a woman in her golden years that isn't often explored on TV.  Martha's experience as an actress playing different parts and as a one time life coach could also factor into PI storylines.  She could also do lots more as an unsolicited advice giver to Castle, Alexis and Beckett.  It's like when you have chemistry as fantastic as Nathan and Stana's together, and such a gem in Susan, you should be out to maximise all the potential instead of wasting it by thinking less is more.

I see that an ABC show coming off its freshmen season got a spanking new poster.  Bones got the characters animated in their new poster.  A spot of creativity shouldn't be that difficult.  Instead, the more I see the new artwork for Castle, the more horrific it looks.  Stana isn't even really looking at Nathan and Nathan's ears are all weird in the photoshopped poster.  Sigh.  How hard can it be to make good looking people look good together?

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

what ingredients to them make for 'good' angst on TV?

I suppose the closest I can come to identifying "good angst" is when one or both protagonists are torn between equally valid choices with possibly equally problematic conseqences. They cannot just have problems dumped on them; there must be opportunity to act.

I cannot think of any couple that has been given room to operate as a couple this late in the series, because it seems all PTB are either too afraid of being able to develop a couple credibly and appealingly, or they're too enraptured by the WTWT dynamic and can't let go of it.

On a totally separate note, I wonder what the odds are of this season resulting in a change of central character for Castle's books. I would think that Kate as inspiration for Nikki is becoming increasingly problematic, especially with her promotion, but also with the danger of revealing personal moments that she would rather keep entirely private (and I do wish they would have more opportunity to discuss that issue!). If Alexis becomes part of a family P.I. business, is there any chance that Castle would attempt a YA-ish series featuring a character based on her?

On a totally separate note, I wonder what the odds are of this season resulting in a change of central character for Castle's books. I would think that Kate as inspiration for Nikki is becoming increasingly problematic, especially with her promotion, but also with the danger of revealing personal moments that she would rather keep entirely private (and I do wish they would have more opportunity to discuss that issue!)

Even as someone who's been watching and discussing the show constantly lately, I think I temporarily forgot that Castle is even still a novelist until I read this post! That probably says as much about my sieve-like memory as it does the show's minimizing of Castle's career and the unique perspective on cases and life in general that his creativity and wild imagination used to provide. 

While the spoilers for this upcoming season don't exactly excite me so far (and that's an understatement!), I've found that when I watch this show with moderate-to-low expectations I'm often pleasantly surprised :) 

If Alexis becomes part of a family P.I. business, is there any chance that Castle would attempt a YA-ish series featuring a character based on her?

God, I hope not.

Castle did talk about a new book back when he first started the PI thing though, so it's possible he does start writing something new. But IRL they'll probably want to milk the Nikki Heat thing, which means Castle will need to keep writing them.

I really wish we got more discussion on the show about how much personal info went into the books. In theory, a good writer could keep writing about character without having to add new personal details about the original inspiration.

I would laugh so hard if the first episode was leading up to Beckett becoming captain, so that's why she's able to go AWOL. She (and Castle) deal with all this stuff in the premiere two-parter and then they resolve things (as best as the show/writers resolve things) and then the shot of Castle giving her the congrats cupcake is the end which would leave things open for "normal" episodes.

I mean, it's unlikely, but ... stranger things have happened.

• Love 2

I wonder what kind of time span the two-parter covers? I had been assuming it was just a couple days like most episodes, but "going on the run" seems to imply

Maybe Beckett goes to what she thinks will be a quick meeting and then witnesses something some bad guys are doing.  But what she witnessed isn't enough to put them away and they threatened her life (or Castle's life).  Witness protection wouldn't work for this show, so instead she opens a new investigation.

Gates was sometimes not in the precinct for whatever convenient reason the writers could come up with when she didn't fit their story. So I guess it's reasonable that as captain Beckett would leave the place occasionally.  

I would laugh so hard if the first episode was leading up to Beckett becoming captain, so that's why she's able to go AWOL. She (and Castle) deal with all this stuff in the premiere two-parter and then they resolve things (as best as the show/writers resolve things) and then the shot of Castle giving her the congrats cupcake is the end which would leave things open for "normal" episodes.

That would be funny, but I agree is unlikely.  I assume the cupcake thing is the opening scene.

I note looking at the official full press release that's come up on the ABC media site it says a review screener will be available prior to release so guess that means spoilers will be out in abundance later on next week.

Edited by verdana
If Alexis becomes part of a family P.I. business, is there any chance that Castle would attempt a YA-ish series featuring a character based on her?

Slightly OT, but IIRC, there is a fanfic out there where Castle is writing a pre-teen detective series, inspired by his and Beckett's kids in the story.  

Slightly OT, but IIRC, there is a fanfic out there where Castle is writing a pre-teen detective series, inspired by his and Beckett's kids in the story.

Yes. Isn't that the later parts of the Dash series? He still writes Nikki Heat, but he also partly owns/manages Black Pawn where he's got a heavy hand in creating a Nancy Drew like series for kids inspired by his own.

If that idea comes to fruition it will be fun to watch the reactions on twitter and tumblr Jesus they would be really stirring the pot. 

As for Castle's writing career he seems to have completely forgotten he was once a highly successful famous author, when does the guy have time to churn out any books when these days he shows more interest in being a full time PI? 

True but I'd bet my house that cupcake scene is at the start and they'll be broken up to all intents and purposes by the end of the two parter. 

Yes. Isn't that the later parts of the Dash series? He still writes Nikki Heat, but he also partly owns/manages Black Pawn where he's got a heavy hand in creating a Nancy Drew like series for kids inspired by his own.

Yeah that fic MaryM47 referred to sounds very similar to Chezchuckles great Dash series, Castle gets this idea about writing for a younger audience now they have kids themselves and he's worried about Kate's reaction but she's thrilled when he gives her the drafts to read. I love that series, it's huge now with various spin offs from the main story she did - Dash Away.

If anyone is interested in the entire series there's this tumblr site which has got them listed in such a great way, makes it really easy to look at them all and keep track of what she's done.   

I'd like Castle to decide to stop writing Nikki Heat and be worried about telling Beckett, give them something to discuss as a couple that's not revolving around the precinct and is personal to them both and actually for once focuses on Castle's career. 

Edited by verdana

Thanks verdana and McManda! There are a few multi-story series in which C&B have 2 kids (just finished reading one with IIRC Bea and Jack) and I couldn't remember which one it was.  Chezchuckles has done a masterful job with those characters, especially in showing how C&B deal with Dash's difficulties. 

Are any of the cast hitting the talk show circuit before the premiere? I've been trolling my cable tv guide, but have yet to see any scheduled appearances from anyone.

I don't ever recall the show - maybe minus the first couple seasons, maybe? - ever getting a big press push since it isn't a water cooler/Shonda Rhimes show, etc.

I don't really remember the show getting a press push at all, even in the beginning. Maybe the standard "new show" interviews every new show gets, but nothing more. I only found it because it was on after Dancing with the Stars and I was too lazy to turn the TV off.

They usually do a press run - if you could call it that - around February sweeps/the season finale, but that's usually just Nathan showing up on Jimmy Kimmel (an ABC show) or on Letterman (because for whatever reason, they seemed like friends ) and not much more.

I vaguely recall Stana getting a whole 30 seconds on Good Morning America in the not too distant past, but can't remember if she was touting a new season or a Very Special Episode. I noticed in my cable guide trolling that the Fall TV stars are hitting the guest chairs hard, and that, plus the 47 presidential candidates making the rounds, is probably leaving little room for a visit from a cast member of a mid-level 8th season show. 

The first promo, with Hayley jumping at Castle, from behind a curtain, REALLY annoyed me to the point I didn't want to watch. That was compounded by the scene with Alexis chastising her father about his solve rate. She spoke to him in a very condensending manner that I found very inappropriate. Add to that, the fact that the story gets rehashed the following week, I see no reason to punish myself by watching.

I will probably record episode two and decide later if I'll watch it. I also have no intention of watching episodes 3 or 4 because it sounds like there will be far too much Alexis...and if Castle and Alexis arrive together in the Ferrari (which is a distinct possibility) in episode 3, I will be beyond PO'd so it is best that I don't watch.

metaphor. Thanks.

Can't say I'm digging the hair which looks limp and I've never thought a middle parting looks attractive even on someone as stunning as Stana. The red lippy is bold and I know she like wearing it but I find it can be look a bit harsh sometimes. The dress looks a bit odd as well, it kind of bulges out at the side under one armpit and because of the design it's not symmetrical at the top.

Edited by verdana

I vaguely recall Stana getting a whole 30 seconds on Good Morning America in the not too distant past, but can't remember if she was touting a new season or a Very Special Episode. 

I remember that one, was it for the finale may be? But whatever it was for the whole thing was a joke, they literally wheeled her on she barely had time to catch her breath and then they were leaving her and on to something else, she looked a bit disappointed and surprised TBH and I don't blame her. She took the trouble to get ready for what was literally a blink and you'll miss it moment.  

and if Castle and Alexis arrive together in the Ferrari (which is a distinct possibility) in episode 3, I will be beyond PO'd so it is best that I don't watch.

I don't think Molly was around filming when they brought the car in, could be wrong but may be that's his new form of transport now he's a PI, although it would look silly to use it for surveillance work lol.  I must admit I'll get a kick out of seeing him in that car again, he hardly ever gets a chance to drive after all. 

Edited by verdana

I suspect if there's any big media promotion ahead of the premiere, it would be Stana primarily in print and Nathan primarily on TV. Though since he did all those interviews about a month ago with the foreign media, we might not hear much more from him. Guess we'll see in the coming days. 

FormerCastleFan   I was just curious as to the events that led to the Former in your handle.  I know I hated 6-23 and have not liked the direction some of S 7 took but I got over most of it, The Pigeon episode remains my one holdout as unforgivable and was just curious if it was one or many things that changed you love for the show, Share if you wish, if not just tell me to bugger off, and I will understand (;))

The first promo, with Hayley jumping at Castle, from behind a curtain, REALLY annoyed me to the point I didn't want to watch. That was compounded by the scene with Alexis chastising her father about his solve rate. She spoke to him in a very condensending manner that I found very inappropriate. Add to that, the fact that the story gets rehashed the following week, I see no reason to punish myself by watching.

I will probably record episode two and decide later if I'll watch it. I also have no intention of watching episodes 3 or 4 because it sounds like there will be far too much Alexis...and if Castle and Alexis arrive together in the Ferrari (which is a distinct possibility) in episode 3, I will be beyond PO'd so it is best that I don't watch.

I still pay attention to Castle because Castle and Beckett are magic on the screen and as long as both Stana and Nathan are part of the show, the magic is still possible...and it would be easy to get it back if the people in charge wanted to get it back.

My disillusion with the show began with S&Q when Beckett began to do things her history says she never would have really done and we got a very depressing proposal and conditional acceptance. I never saw a point in the mess because there was no emotional growth on the part of either character. Then after #1 Fan a viewer would be hard pressed to know Castle and Beckett were even dating, let alone planning a wedding that was never meant to be.

Fortunately, I figured out the wedding was never going to happen so I skipped that debacle...when they released the picture if Castle driving to the wedding I knew there was only one reason for that shot.

After that I removed the show from my DVR's recurring recordings. If an episode looked good from the promos, I'd record it. I didn't record anything until the episode with the invisibility suit. I skipped the PI arc, and anything that was Espo or Alexis centric, or related to Castle's disappearance (if I pretended hard enough, then maybe it didn't happen). I watched the 2-parter with 3XK, but wish I hadn't. The story was over the top unrealistic and boring... you knew Castle would find Beckett, so why spend so much time looking for her? And taking Beckett's face? Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

I really hoped that we could stop with the over the top stories (and some of the other things I don't like, such as Alexis) when MilMar left, but it seems like they are doubling down on all of it.

I don't plan to watch episode 1 because I really did not like Hayley in the first promo, or how the showrunners have described her, and I don't like Alexis and hate the idea of her working with her dad as a PI. Besides, the episode gets rehashed in the second episode, so why bother with the first one.

At this point I read Castle fan fiction for my fix...many of those writers are much better than the actual writers of the show. The Dash series that was mentioned earlier is excellent; so is WRTRD's Eliot series. There are plenty of good fan fiction stories (and they don't all involve kids) so I stay interested in the show, just in case.

• Love 3

I'm definitely not a fan of Caskett babies on the show (saw a Bones photo of the couple at home with their kids and it did not appeal to me), but I've enjoyed the Dash series in the past and found WRTRD's Eliot series very enjoyable this hiatus.  Sometimes I really do think that good fanfic writers have a better handle on banter and dialogue than some of the Castle writers.  I know I care far more about Eliot than Sarah Grace, whose name I was even in danger of forgetting. ;)

Anyone read Driving Heat yet?  That author also does a lot of things better than the Castle writers.  Is it just to do with different mediums?  I'm not so sure since I'm talking about character interaction and progression here.

I suppose the closest I can come to identifying "good angst" is when one or both protagonists are torn between equally valid choices with possibly equally problematic conseqences. They cannot just have problems dumped on them; there must be opportunity to act.

Sounds like my kind of "good angst" too.  I am going to be annoyed if there are logical opportunities to act by the characters but they're ignored by the show.  Hopefully whatever they're doing to fuel the angst meets my minimum threshold of believability.

I cannot think of any couple that has been given room to operate as a couple this late in the series, because it seems all PTB are either too afraid of being able to develop a couple credibly and appealingly, or they're too enraptured by the WTWT dynamic and can't let go of it.

I do miss elements of the WTWT dynamic (the UST for one).  It's not necessarily that there isn't an equally compelling dynamic with a couple who are together, but the Castle writers haven't really presented one, and so it leaves me missing some of the WTWT times.  And it's not necessarily that I need drama to make a couple interesting but I want to see lots of passion and attraction and romance both in the WTWT and the couple stage.

Bam, said the lady ‏@a_contrario7 2 hrs2 hours ago

Skip to 00,30 actress Elaine Hendrix is talking about #Castle and #NathanFillion

http://www.mix1077.com/onair/jeff-gina-and-dave-17707/gina-chats-with-actress-elaine-hendrix-13760596/

From that same show, here's an archived interview with Nathan from when Castle first started in 2009.  Interesting trip down memory lane and it starts off salaciously with Nathan in bed, in a Donald Trump robe heh.  Funny to hear them talk of Donald Trump back then given what's going on with him now, although I think Trump's essentially always Trump. ;)  And now I really have mentioned Trump too many times for my liking.   

When Nathan introduced Castle by way of Jessica Fletcher, I don't know if he or anyone involved with the show predicted that the demo would skew old.  Although to me, it also seems like there are a fair number of younger viewers from the online fandom. By the way, did Murder, She Wrote ever touch on JF's personal life?  Did she ever have a WT/WT?  Heh.

http://www.mix1077.com/onair/jeff-gina-and-dave-17707/archive-interview-wnathan-fillion-when-castle-13915381/

Richard Castle ‏@WriteRCastle  

Tomorrow's Agatha Christie's birthday – the grandest Dame of them all (well, except for Beckett.)

I'm a big fan of AC's books so was psyched to see this tweet.  Would so love it if Castle would do an Agatha Christie homage with one of its mysteries.

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan

Sometimes I just roll my eyes out loud....oops!    #careful

Haha, we've all been there, Susan.  And probably will be there quite a few times this season.

Edited by madmaverick
Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  34m34 minutes ago

Finishing up ep 805 of #Castle today. Starting 806 tonight. 805 has some amazing moments. Great job @nancysan!

Interesting trip down memory lane and it starts off salaciously with Nathan in bed, in a Donald Trump robe heh.

I read that at first as Nathan in bed with Donald Trump and thought wow how did I not know about this? lol Thanks for the link madmaverick, I'm with Gina his voice at the start does sounds so low and sexy!

Jessica was a widow no kids and I don't believe they ever went there (with a WTWT) on Murder She Wrote but then if Jessica had got interested in any one they wouldn't have lasted long in Cabot Cove! 

Edited by verdana

Office press release for XX at ABC media (Jack Coleman guest stars) 

In part two of last week’s Season 8 premiere, Beckett’s side of her abrupt disappearance is revealed. After receiving a mysterious tip from her past, Beckett is launched into a fight for her life, with a team of mercenaries hot on her trail. While Castle investigates why his wife is on the run, Beckett must figure out who wants her dead, before they can finish the job. 

CASTLE: New Showrunners Alexi Hawley and Terence Paul Winter Tease Season 8

And where does Beckett go this season? And how does Jack Coleman’s Bracken tie into everything? TPW: [Joking] Jack is back?! Oh my goodness. AH: It’s meant to come out of nowhere. Clearly, it won’t come out of nowhere. I’ll say this: it definitely is a huge twist and surprise for our characters. And ultimately…yeah, I don’t want to give that away. TPW: I’ll say this: it’s going to be an unexpected way how he comes back. I think a lot people who are big fans of the show like we are, if I say Bracken’s coming back, [the response is], “I’m sure it’s going to be because of this thing.” I think they’re going to be surprised, pleasantly surprised, with what Bracken is going to do.

I doubt I'm going to be pleasantly surprised at all by Bracken's return, let me guess the he's not the bad guy there's an even BIGGER bad guy behind him out for blood. 

If after all this they try to make Bracken someone she's in league with over a shared foe I'm going to throw up.

What is Castle’s path this season? AH: What we’re excited to see is a new relationship with his daughter. Again, making her a grown-up, connecting her to the cases in an interesting way will be a lot of fun. How does he deal with her when she’s a 22-year-old woman? I think, ultimately, long-term, we do want to get into some of the mysteries that have been unanswered about his missing time. To delve into some of the things he doesn’t remember he did that impacts everyone around him. 

What's all this making her grown up stuff? Wasn't that what they were trying to do in S6 with Pi and her moving in with him? If Alexis being grown up means making her dad out to be an idiot whilst never being wrong about anything then I'll fast forward through her scenes and as for Castle's missing time I don't care, Sleeper was terrible, it should have stayed dead and buried.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1
Part of the show isn’t necessarily the procedural beat. It’s about what you do when you get them. It’s less important how you get them as what you do when you get them. We want the cases to be clever and surprising, but we don’t want to be hung up on the procedural [aspect]…what is the story? What is the character story? TPW: And how do the cases affect our characters? How does it create change in our characters and create story for our characters to deal with? 
After seven seasons, it’s still the same show, it’s still fun, it’s still romantic, it’s still exciting — all those same elements are still there. We wanted to add new characters, we wanted to change up relationships a little bit. We wanted to make Alexis a grown-up. We wanted to give the boys some content. We wanted to do a lot of things to lean more into [the] characters of the show than it has been the past couple of years. Come up with clever cases that are perhaps simpler so we have room to tell more character stories.

This sounds more promising, the writers concentrating on more character driven aspects instead of the humdrum procedural interviews and capture which has become increasingly trite and boring. If those interviews disappear or at least get reduced I'll be very pleased. I think they've been doing a lousy job with Alexis and her development into womanhood but may be they can improve her and the boys relationship has been lacking in recent seasons and I'd like them to get their mojo back. 

AH: She’s added flavor to the show, without being [overwhelming]. There is some concern on Twitter [that she’s] a love interest, right? I thought Toks had a wonderful response to that which was why does everyone have to be a love interest? She is in no way, shape or form, a surrogate for Beckett. She’s not meant to replace Beckett or be Beckett in any shape or form. I thought that was a great way to say that. 

Forget the love interest aspect, it doesn't matter what they say to try and reassure fans, having Toks being with Castle in any capacity as his partner/associate is going to cause ructions and be seen in some quarters as her replacing Beckett, that much seems obvious. 

Edited by verdana

From that interview:

And what is Lanie up to this season? AH: She plays a big role in the show. She’s a valuable member of the cast. She has [had] an intimate relationship with [Esposito]. We’ll continue to tell her stories.

Is the Esposito/Lanie relationship truly done. AH: We’ve been going back and forth on that; as to whether there is more story to tell there, or whether it’s time for other things to happen. It’s a discussion.

TPW: It’s important for us to find the most honest place of that evolution.

My interpretation of this is that they haven't given any thought to what is going on with Lanie. After seven seasons all they can say about her is that she had a relationship with Esposito? Poor Tamala deserves better than that. I have no idea how she stays so positive about the show.

And it seems like they can't even decide if they want to revisit Esplanie. It seems like it should be obvious they've beaten that story to death. It's time they let both characters grow and move on.

We wanted to do a lot of things to lean more into [the] characters of the show than it has been the past couple of years.

Yes, please and thank you!  It sounds like these guys might actually have done their homework and realized the show often falls off its own rails. The writers sometimes  seem to forget they have great characters (and good actors) to work with, and they sacrifice growth and continuity for red herrings and needless diversions. I'm all for a good twist in a case (and the earlier seasons had some fun ones) but not at the expense of showing us some meaningful, away-from-the-precinct moments that remind us why we care for these characters as people, not just cops. 

So AH and TPW have chosen to describe the season opening 2 parter as "delightful"

Not a word I would chose to use to describe an episode where you are breaking up your much loved main duo....

That's "Marlowe-esque" in its sheer stupidity....I can't wait to see what words fans come up with and I'm pretty sure not many will be sitting back at the end of the 2nd part saying "well, that was just delightful!!!"

Exciting? Maybe. Intriguing? Maybe. Horsesh*t? Maybe. But delightful?? I doubt it!!

Edited by BellyLaughter
I'm all for a good twist in a case (and the earlier seasons had some fun ones) but not at the expense of showing us some meaningful, away-from-the-precinct moments that remind us why we care for these characters as people, not just cops.

That's what's been missing over the last few seasons, making me care about the characters - not just the cops - but the victims their friends and family etc, considering that the COTW makes up the vast majority of the episode these days it's pretty important to maintain that interest. Often the credits roll and I've already forgotten the details and worse I don't see that Beckett or Castle care that much any more either, it's just another body drop and case to wrap up. That wasn't always the case.  I'd love to see less of the precinct and for them to expand their storytelling and become slightly less stodgy and predictable in how they structure an episode and what they choose to highlight. I get the impression that comment was a slight rebuff to Marlowe and his rather limited vision. 

Edited by verdana

Forget the love interest aspect, it doesn't matter what they say to try and reassure fans, having Toks being with Castle in any capacity as his partner/associate is going to cause ructions and be seen in some quarters as her replacing Beckett, that much seems obvious.

Agree.  She may come in, in the same capacity Kate Beckett did at the beginning of the series, except this time the partnership will never turn romantic, it will be a dramatic/comedic team only. 

My interpretation of this is that they haven't given any thought to what is going on with Lanie.

That quote on Lanie was a classic example of saying something and nothing lol. I do feel sorry for Tamala, I know she's earning a regular wage and should be grateful etc but she must be bored silly, as for Esplanie please God no more, their hook up was never interesting in the first place. 

Castle Bosses Talk Season 8, Reveal How a Scheduling Issue Was a 'Blessing in Disguise' That Begat 'Great Mystery' at TV Line

The date may be recent but this seems like a basic rehash of what they said a while back in certain places. I had to laugh at some of the comments underneath, not many fans seem keen on having more Alexis. 

I get the vibe they're trying to move towards an ensemble situation, I'm not convinced at this stage it will work out for them, I like ensemble shows but you need to do it from the start not 7 years in but may be I'm wrong and they'll gradually manage to wean many fans off focusing on Castle and Beckett so they hardly notice it's happening. 

I do hope we're not going back to Beckett and her former ways to any huge degree, I really thought she had moved on and put that behind her, although it is indeed part of her "DNA" as they call it having her regress back to her those bad old days of secrets, lies and her obsession to create some drama with Castle isn't something I would relish. Been there done that. 

As for Hayley being a mentor for Alexis meh. I would prefer to see more Alexis and Beckett but they seem reluctant to do that and they're going to encounter the same complaints here as they will with the Hayley/Castle pair up. Every time they end up doing something together you'll have fans complaining and asking why can't she be doing this with Beckett?  It won't matter how "magic" their relationship looks, fans don't want Beckett replaced be it as a partner, friend, sounding board etc 

Edited by verdana

@NathanFillion: My new book drops tomorrow- "Driving Heat" #7 in my Nikki Heat series...and my best yet. (Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.)

Does this mean Nathan runs the Richard Castle Twitter and forgot to change accounts? Or some intern has access to both and messed up?

if I say Bracken’s coming back, [the response is], “I’m sure it’s going to be because of this thing.” I think they’re going to be surprised, pleasantly surprised, with what Bracken is going to do.

That's funny. My response was "Please God, no."

Is the Esposito/Lanie relationship truly done. AH: We’ve been going back and forth on that; as to whether there is more story to tell there, or whether it’s time for other things to happen. It’s a discussion. TPW: It’s important for us to find the most honest place of that evolution.

This almost killed me. I was taking a drink of coffee when I read the "honest place of that evolution" & damn near choked.

• Love 1

I do hope we're not going back to Beckett and her former ways to any huge degree, I really thought she had moved on and put that behind her, although it is indeed part of her "DNA" as they call it having her regress back to her those bad old days of secrets, lies and her obsession to create some drama with Castle isn't something I would relish. Been there done that. 

I agree.  I don't mind Bracken being a weakness for her, or her having the "obsession" personality trait.  People never completely change, even if they grow/evolve in a lot of ways.  But I don't want to see her totally regressing and throwing away things she has worked for.  Or see her starting her captain career doing something not totally above board.  Hawley left after season 4 right? I hope it's not a case where he's ignoring everything that happened in those intervening years.  But maybe I'm thinking too negatively right now.  Her getting sucked into something with Bracken doesn't have to mean lies/secrets.....Bracken wasn't really the subject of "all the lies" people usually complain about Beckett telling. 

That TV Line piece doesn't sound like it's actually a new interview.  I swear I've read most of those sentences like ten times before.  A lot of it does actually seem positive.

Edited by KaveDweller

It's amazing/ironic/depressing how they now want to focus on the characters and make the COTWs more simple AFTER they decide to break up Castle and Beckett. After they decide to make Castle two shows in one.

Ahhhhh...it's hard not to be cynical.

• Love 2