Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

I don't blame some for being concerned especially as it seems Hawley is on some mission of sorts to correct all the things he obviously felt Marlowe didn't do right.

What's even worst is most people want to either forget or pretend it never happened. Yet,  Hawley feels the need to dig up these plot lines and fix them, when they can't be fixed.

• Love 2

5h5 hours ago

Chad Gomez Creasey ‏@chadgcreasey

Concept meeting? Check. Maybe a location scout before the holiday. Never gets old hanging w/ The Bowman. #Castle

Cast and crew are on their Christmas break, by the looks of it I have another badly lit episode to look forward to thanks to Mr Bowman.

Creasey's offerings have been getting worse, Ph Dead and Hong Kong Hustle were both episodes I won't be watching again.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Cast and crew are on their Christmas break, by the looks of it I have another badly lit episode to look forward to thanks to Mr Bowman.

Creasey's offerings have been getting worse, Ph Dead and Hong Kong Hustle were both episodes I won't be watching again.

He learned from the best ;). Mr. Carter XD. Those two and their lighting issues.

I actually think PhDead was one of the better episodes of the season. And I don't mean that in a mediocre is better than awful way, I thought it was good.  The break up stuff tainted it, but I liked all the Caskett interaction.  Castle was actually asking questions about what happened and trying to understand what was going on and the chemistry was really visible (to me anyway).

Hong Kong Hustle was definitely forgettable though.

What number episode are they on?

Edited by KaveDweller

He learned from the best ;). Mr. Carter XD. Those two and their lighting issues.

And Bowman's kisses interruptus direction. It's amusing to rewatch the eps and see that even he doesn't have weird greenish blue tints on some of those bright blue days around the Vancouver area but indoors it's continuously bad lighting lol. So Carter's latest interview had me headdesking and basically both fandoms are criticizing about the same thing. That no one can figure out how to write a mature relationship on screen. We left M/S in the last movie in a good place while C/B were in a good place last season finale. Come back this season to weird separation nonsense. Probably should be glad that Sorkin/Wells are busy that they're not revisiting TWW to break up Josh and Donna. 

So when is TWP next ep? I'm curious if his solo ep will be one of the better ones since it's been slim pickings and the overall story arcs have been disappointing. Hawley already had a solo ep with Slaughter and now another one coming up. It does make me wonder if TWP will have any good Caskett interaction since the 2 parter was ok til the end but overall very minimal due to the design of the eps compared to the typical ep from the past couple of seasons. On the other hand Hawley's solo ep had no Beckett and who knows how much Caskett interaction will have in the upcoming ep with Castle, Alexis and Haley off in LA. I would like to know how TWP went from doing OUATITW, I, Witness and LFNY to what we got this season so far. It's like I need that Tyra gif of the we were rooting for you meme lol.

• Love 1

NF was on The Soup final episode tonight. One Firefly reference and one Castle. Now waiting for the crazy edge of fandom to react to his comment, "I don't watch my own show." Should be fun.

At this point I don't blame him giving it a pass given the current quality levels but even without the lousy separation arc spoiling things the very last thing I'd want to do after working often long hours for months on end on a show is then watch it in my spare time. Jesus.

Edited by verdana

8.14 based on tweets which is the LA episode not sure if they finished up before taking their break but I presume so.

They've shot 4 of 8 days on 8x14, so they'll have at least four left when they return Jan. 4. 

And Bowman's kisses interruptus direction. It's amusing to rewatch the eps and see that even he doesn't have weird greenish blue tints on some of those bright blue days around the Vancouver area but indoors it's continuously bad lighting lol. So Carter's latest interview had me headdesking and basically both fandoms are criticizing about the same thing. That no one can figure out how to write a mature relationship on screen. We left M/S in the last movie in a good place while C/B were in a good place last season finale. Come back this season to weird separation nonsense. Probably should be glad that Sorkin/Wells are busy that they're not revisiting TWW to break up Josh and Donna. 

So when is TWP next ep? I'm curious if his solo ep will be one of the better ones since it's been slim pickings and the overall story arcs have been disappointing. Hawley already had a solo ep with Slaughter and now another one coming up. It does make me wonder if TWP will have any good Caskett interaction since the 2 parter was ok til the end but overall very minimal due to the design of the eps compared to the typical ep from the past couple of seasons. On the other hand Hawley's solo ep had no Beckett and who knows how much Caskett interaction will have in the upcoming ep with Castle, Alexis and Haley off in LA. I would like to know how TWP went from doing OUATITW, I, Witness and LFNY to what we got this season so far. It's like I need that Tyra gif of the we were rooting for you meme lol.

Yep. It blows my mind in regards to both shows. XD IWTB was one time where the lighting was good, but the angle sucked for part of it /facepalm. I know... ugh, every time that man opens his mouth it makes me /facepalm lol. But to be fair, Castle's plot line seems to be worse. At least the XF has a chance at resolution. Yea you wonder about some writers and/or show runners in that regard. To set the characters back to a point where it's the exact opposite of mature and evolved. Seriously?! And it's supposedly for the ratings over on the XF. It's just pathetic. 

I don't envy you guys for having to put up with this writing. It's just so mediocre.

NF was on The Soup final episode tonight. One Firefly reference and one Castle. Now waiting for the crazy edge of fandom to react to his comment, "I don't watch my own show." Should be fun.

Oh, you can always count on the crazy edge.  Funny how they didn't react in this way to Stana's comment that she didn't have a TV. ;)

I don't watch The Soup but I saw a screen cap of Joel McHale reading from a teleprompter so as far as I understand it's a scripted show that mocks TV shows like The Daily Show mocks the news.  And from the bit that I saw, all the punchlines from the guest stars were quite clearly scripted.  So for people to get angry at Nathan for a line he said on a scripted show by other writers?  It's a joke, stupid.  There should be a blog that mocks fandom behaviour. ;)

but even without the lousy separation arc spoiling things the very last thing I'd want to do after working often long hours for months on end on a show is then watch it in my spare time. Jesus.

I remember friends in school who temped at fast food places and in retail, and the last thing they wanted to do when they were off work was to eat fast food or shop!

Actors already have to do each scene multiple times for different angles and such.  And TV actors have to grind out 20+ episodes every season with a lot of repetition for all the procedural scenes working at a fast pace.  It's no surprise that it all blurs together.  Is it so unfathomable that they don't want to revisit all that in their free time?  I imagine they have watched the show from time to time, especially the episodes that interested them particularly, and of course they watch what is shot on set with the director sometimes, but do they watch the show religiously like fans do?  Of course not.  Even when they watch, I imagine they watch it from a different perspective than fans do.  It's only natural.

I actually think PhDead was one of the better episodes of the season. And I don't mean that in a mediocre is better than awful way, I thought it was good.  The break up stuff tainted it, but I liked all the Caskett interaction.  Castle was actually asking questions about what happened and trying to understand what was going on and the chemistry was really visible (to me anyway).

Hong Kong Hustle was definitely forgettable though.

Same on both counts.  I enjoyed PhDead too.  There was good banter and chemistry all around and some laughs.  There even some long absent UST from the separation at that point.  Thought it was a step up from Creasey's last solo episode.

I noted the similar wardrobe on Castle and Bones in their version of Western episodes in here previously.  Ausiello made some clickbait out of it.  But what amused me was Luke and the lead from Bones sounding miffed about it.  Some people take TV Line way too seriously. ;)  Need to get a sense of humour along with some Castle fans.

Michael Ausiello ‏@MichaelAusiello 

Who wore it better?

Luke Reichle ‏@RedCarpetLuke

@MichaelAusiello Really Michael?  There's even a question?

Yes, Luke, it is, when you frequently make such questionable choices of wardrobe.

David Boreanaz@David_Boreanaz 

@MichaelAusiello Drama. You should work for CNN

@MichaelAusiello those that "follow" know that answer.

Okay... ;)

Not particularly excited about another L.A. episode because I thought the last time they were there they wasted a lot of potential.  It wasn't as interesting/different/sexy as I'd hoped.  Still need to put that ugly wardrobe on both Castle (endless layers in L.A. heat) and Becket (who can forget that horrendously ugly swimsuit?) out of my mind.  I did really like that hotel room scene with Caskett, but in the end, it was one of those things that never went anywhere.  It looks like Beckett will be getting a bit of focus with her D.A/courtroom story plus Locksat (plus maybe Stana wanted some time off close to the holidays, lucky her) so I don't think one episode where Alexis gets more focus is anything out of the ordinary each season.  I do hope to see some good Caskett in that episode and others for the remainder of the season of course.

I remember friends in school who temped at fast food places and in retail, and the last thing they wanted to do when they were off work was to eat fast food or shop!

Heh, A friend of mine worked in a biscuit factory, he said you could tell the newbies because they were told they could eat as many biscuits as they wanted when they came off the production line and so they did with gusto......for about a week then stopped. He said the last thing he wants to do is eat biscuits when he's having to make them all day long. Can't say I'm surprised at all when actors say they haven't watched their own movies/shows and don't get hung up on every single detail in the way the audience often do.

Not particularly excited about another L.A. episode because I thought the last time they were there they wasted a lot of potential. It wasn't as interesting/different/sexy as I'd hoped.

I find myself saying that about quite a few Castle episodes. I do recall being frustrated with the end scene when she reads the letter from Royce and stares over at a sleeping Castle, as with many things that are built up to have great portent with hindsight it was a superficial shipper bone thrown in. Royce's advice in the end didn't appear to resonate with Beckett in any meaningful way whatsoever.

Still need to put that ugly wardrobe on both Castle (endless layers in L.A. heat) and Becket (who can forget that horrendously ugly swimsuit?) out of my mind.

I was trying to forget that abberation, only Luke could choose a flesh coloured swimsuit with cut aways which bizarrely made Stana look lumpy and unattractive something which I though would be impossible but nothing is too problematic for Luke when it comes to making some of the cast look unattractive.

I don't think one episode where Alexis gets more focus is anything out of the ordinary each season. I do hope to see some good Caskett in that episode and others for the remainder of the season of course.

Yes lets keep our fingers crossed on the Caskett front as for Alexis less is more with me these days. Her teaming up with dad has increased her focus naturally but I could do with them using her a little less which they did in some of the later episodes whether that was by accident or design I don't know but it was better.

That was one of the reasons I didn't like PhDead that much - too much focus on Alexis in her new role as junior PI and the start of Castle's stupid "I need to win my wife back!" crusade. They need to use her in such a way that her input adds to the story and overall fun and doesn't cause me to want press the fast forward button in frustration at her behaviour be it towards her dad or latest super skill she's acquired seemingly out of thin air.

22 Unforgettable Shipper Moments of 2015 at EW 

Castle and Beckett Reconcile, Castle
It was the breakup that took over Twitter. When Beckett decided that she and Castle should take some time off, fans realized that even marriage couldn't guarantee happiness for their favorite couple. Thankfully, Beckett only ended it to protect Castle, which meant that a reunion was inevitable. And in the midseason finale for season 8, Castle and Beckett celebrated their first wedding anniversary with the greatest gift of all: reconciliation. —Samantha Highfill

She needs to get her facts straight, 8.07 was their anniversary, 8.08 was the episode they reconciled and the conclusion was eminently forgettable.

Oh, thanks for giving the context. I checked into some fandom places today and realized there was an outrage recently, but couldn't understand its cause. I thought NF was asked many times and said he doesn't watch Castle as a viewer, so this fresh outpour of fan indignation looked odd. Your comment clued me in and I checked The Soup. Funny that it wasn't even from an interview but from a scripted comedy show, along with the joke about being tired of "bringing back Firefly" (Fillion's exchange with Adam Scott), yet no one seems to be offended by that one :).

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I see best couple went to Jamie and Claire, Outlander and instead Castle gets mentions for best scene chewing and "most convoluted story arc" with the Castle break up, I'd suggest most inane story arc more appropriate.

Here is part one of TV Line's review.

I'm still laughing over the Miss Universe cock up, with that guy announcing the wrong winner I mean how difficult is that to get right? lol

Team TVLine Shares Its 2016 Wish List for Castle, Penny Dreadful, Good Wife, Once, Sleepy, Teen Wolf and More

Matt Mitovich's Wish:
I'm just gonna leave this slide from last year here....

See the picture (slide 23) and it's the wedding shot and his wish from last year which was that Castle announces it's going to wrap things up in the Spring and give Castle and Beckett a fitting send off. Given what I've seen so far of S8 I have to agree with him unless there is some huge improvement and sadly I don't see that occurring at this point. The separation premise is still hanging around like a bad smell it's just morphed into something equally dumb, they'll plod through the turgid Locksat business and I have to nervously anticipate more on Castle's disappearance. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 2

Regarding Verdana TVLINE link:

That is a shocking statement from Matt "if you didn't like that last Castle ep, then what the hell the mattuh youze" Mittovich.  

I think Castle could have gone on for quite some time if they hadn't messed with the formula and hadn't made promises (wedding) that they didn't keep. As it stands, crossing fingers that they wrap things up well, which is all we can ask for at this point.

Happy holidays. Begged off on the family, and spending a peaceful day at home.

• Love 2

11 Plots that Twisted Too Far in 2015 at TV Fanatic

Castle season 8 has had some pretty terrible twists (the convoluted LokSat conspiracy, too many new characters, weird sitcom style humor) but the worst of them was Kate walking out on Rick. With nothing more than a vague explanation, Beckett moved out of the loft in order to “protect” Castle.
The separation not only made no sense story wise (would the bad guys really not go after her husband simply because she'd moved out?), it was a slap in the face to viewers who had waited years to see Caskett as a happily married couple. Now fans are screaming for a return to what made them fall in love with this show in the first place: the romance of Castle and Beckett as a couple solving quirky crimes TOGETHER!

Completely agree with this assessment, the main problem was the story made no sense whichever way I looked at it and in order to keep the arc going for as long as was needed the characters were forced into behaving in increasingly OOC ways, it was awful and coloured everything that happened, at least for me. The writers should hang their heads in embarrassment given their various interviews trying to justify their dodgy decision making on this. 

12 Characters Who Wasted Our Time in 2015 

Jerry Tyson (3XK) on Castle. The diabolical serial killer first turned up in Castle Season 3 when he set up his former cellmate to take the fall for his killings, until Rick figured out the truth. Ruining 3XK’s plans put Castle on his hit list. Tyson re-emerged in Castle Season 5 when he tried to set Rick up for a horrific murder.
Later, with the help of his psychotic partner in crime Dr. Kelly Nieman, Tyson made his latest victims look like people Castle cared about. It took until the epic Castle Season 7 two-parter for Rick Castle (with the help of Ryan and Esposito’s sniper training) to take Jerry Tyson down for good as Kate Beckett ended Dr. Nieman. It was time for this villain to come to an end, but that doesn’t mean Castle fans won’t miss the smart and scary cat and mouse game he played with our heroes.

I liked the Tyson character overall but I do agree it was time his story ended, they were falling into the same trap they always do with these serial killers on TV and making them pretty much omnipotent and I was pleased they had the good sense to kill him off when they did. 

Vikram Singh on Castle Unfortunately our once favorite show has a whole list of horrible characters this season, both new and old, but the one we want to see gone the most is Vikram Singh. He swooped in and suddenly became Kate Beckett’s new de facto partner thanks to the silly Loksat mess. Not only has he taken Rick Castle’s rightful place at Beckett’s side, but he’s openly anti-Castle and anti-Caskett.
He’s actively tried to keep our favorite couple apart all the while claiming it’s for the greater good. We don’t think it’s been good for anyone…certainly not the audience. Vikram is the one character we’re enthusiastically hoping will become a fatal victim of this latest boring conspiracy case and his demise can’t happen soon enough!

Complete waste of space and he appears to being set up to be one of the bad guys, if he isn't then it makes his actions look even more weird and at least when he finally meets his end it's one moment the writers know will have most fans joining together to applaud.  

I don't why Beckett trusted this guy she's only known for about five minutes from the start or her tacit acceptance of the repeatedly icky way he has of poking his nose into her marital life trying to keep them separated. I also don't find him a particularly good actor, there's something about his manner that turns me off him, nothing at this stage is going to make me like the guy or think he's worthwhile on this show and the sooner and the disappears the better.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 4

The Worst of 2015 at TV Guide 

The Castle breakup
There's nothing wrong with trying to add a spark of drama to a flagging procedural -- unless, according to fans, it involves separating your married romantic leads. (In this case, Beckett tried to put distance between herself and Castle so the bad man she was hunting wouldn't target her loved ones.) While the passionate fandom got out their pitchforks, our beef with the decision lies more in execution. Yes, this story added back "the chase" for Castle to return to Beckett's good graces, but it sacrificed character to do it. Not only did the choice make Castle seem weak and clueless, it also made Beckett seem stupid for not believing that her husband could also be in on the con. Overall, it just smacks of a stunt that may, in the long run, do more harm than good.

• Love 1

I gotta agree with this. I find, in watching the repeats on TNT, that my enjoyment has waned even in the early season stuff. As S7 progresses I'm disengaging from the show, knowing what's coming. The last episode for the show as a series for me is Once Upon A Time In The West. I enjoy later episodes but mainly as stand-alones. Just sad that things came to this. I'm reminded of the last 2 seasons of Gilmore Girls and how that show broke my LnL lovin heart. Fuck arrogant tone deaf dumbass showrunners, man.

• Love 2

Dear God, let it end, its painful now. They cant honestly believe their own hype, can they? They are pleased? Well, they are alone on that one.

It is amazing that these two show runner characters will produce a story by second half of the season that results in viewership numbers lower for first run episodes than now exist for recent past season rerun episodes. Everybody knows it is coming after February return. Both lead characters have been written so far out of character and very stupidly at that. The break up arc and the stupid cheap humor, the whole season is a waste of audience time. All this because some disgruntled past writer had a bold idea to keep them apart. One can only hope that the network takes a nice hit on ad revenue for the decision to hire these two misfits. IMO

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

They probably think its an honor to be on every worst list going for 2015? Spin that one. I wonder how much they know of stuff like that. Im aware they dont much care, but are they aware?

And misfits is kind VinceW, you must still be in the holiday spirit. I, on the other hand, am feeling a bit grinchy.

• Love 1

What made me laugh was the way Hawley said how energized they've been doing this "shake up" and mentioned 3 episodes, so that's 3 out of 8 he thought hit the mark and were good stuff? Wow.

I wish the network would give Castle plenty of notice they're going to wrap it up because these guys need all the preparation time they can get their hands on based on what I've seen of their storytelling to date. Pity the realities of the situation mean they won't get that and I'll probably be served up some rushed, clumsily put together ending involving Locksat and Castle's mythology that has me resorting to reading lots of fanfic to wash the dissatisfaction away. Sigh

“We’ve tried to have a lot of fun in and around an obviously emotional subject….

That was the big stumbling block for this story, there are some things you can't inject "fun" into and marital separation is one of them but hey they tried and it failed miserably with this fan, it's a worry when what I'm seeing engenders the exact opposite reaction to the showrunners. I felt precious little emotional investment in this story precisely because they didn't give me enough genuine sustenance each week to have the decision Kate made seem like a great sacrifice not only to her but to them as a couple, this was due to them insisting on pretending nothing much had changed as they continued to hang around each other. I understand why they did it but when your plot can't function properly due to the basic premise of your show then you need to bin it not insist on trying to force it into a format that doesn't allow you to develop things properly to make truly satisfying viewing.

Also the actors haven't been as great as usual at key moments, especially at the end when it came to the final critical reconciliation, I note a few comments under that article about how bored Katic looked at times and in that last scene and I have to agree with them she honestly looked like she couldn't give a fuck. It was painful to watch both actors struggling like that, I haven't seen anything that bad in quite some time when it's clear the actors for whatever reason have completely switched off and are just going through the motions.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

I gotta disagree that Jerry Tyson was a character that wasted the audience's time in 2015.

He - and Dr. Nieman - were intelligent, creepy, vicious, and psychopathic. The episodes they were on, you always knew were going to be smart and delicious to watch.

• Love 2

Heh that TVLine has both Castle and X Files showrunner articles out today. The more they talk the more it sounds worse for all of them.

Exactly.

At least the X Files one has been entertaining both in regards to the new XF special and the article itself. Twitter even has some tags going around.

#PlatonicActivity and #PlatonicSongs

Fans have been very creative :).

I gotta disagree that Jerry Tyson was a character that wasted the audience's time in 2015.

He - and Dr. Nieman - were intelligent, creepy, vicious, and psychopathic. The episodes they were on, you always knew were going to be smart and delicious to watch.

I wish Nieman had got away. I found her even more creepy and chilling. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

It’s impossible to meet the expectations of every viewer but with the current storyline and its very peculiar execution I can only think of one group that might be satisfied with the outcome: People who like light entertainment and who don’t pay too much attention to the show they are watching (like being preoccupied with chatting, napping or other chores). I’m excluding the brand lovers who watch Castle because it’s Castle and therefore it’s always great. That kind of dedication is certainly good for the show, but I guess they alone can’t sustain it.

I don’t quite agree with the reviews above that put their emphasis on the Caskett breakup. I would put the mindless storyline first, followed by the out of joint execution. I always thought you introduce obstacles to a story to deal with the various reactions from the characters involved and the exciting plotlines that might be developed from it.

I felt precious little emotional investment in this story precisely because they didn't give me enough genuine sustenance each week to have the decision Kate made seem like a great sacrifice not only to her but to them as a couple, this was due to them insisting on pretending nothing much had changed as they continued to hang around each other. I understand why they did it but when your plot can't function properly due to the basic premise of your show then you need to bin it not insist on trying to force it into a format that doesn't allow you to develop things properly to make truly satisfying viewing.

This! These last two seasons they mastered the art of ceteris paribus. But the higher the stakes, the more ridiculous it becomes. And the less you are inclined to ignore it. And this year they put the cherry on the cake which IMO led to discontent among various parties of the viewership. Disgruntled Caskett fans, disgruntled Beckett fans, disgruntled Castle fans, disgruntled fans of coherent storytelling and execution (using the term fans loosely).

When I read interviews from the showrunners like the one above I always want them – as a punishment - to write an in-depth analysis after each episode. And because sharing is caring the two newly appointed producers really shouldn’t be excluded from the exercise.  And of course, I would like to grade it :-)

Edited by Sonik Tooth
  • Love 2

I disagree. His first appearances? Absolutely. But then they made him just a little too powerful and as a result, I couldn't suspend that much disbelief.  I didn't think they resolved it well either though.  I liked when he was just a lurking evil that you thought may or may not be out there.

I always thought you introduce obstacles to a story to deal with the various reactions from the characters involved and the exciting plotlines that might be developed from it.

Hawley admitted at the beginning of a season ‘Let’s throw an obstacle in their way’ as a means to breathe new life and energy into the show and it's amusing on two levels, firstly that he so brazenly admitted it (no apparent thought seemed to be given about does this fit with the characters current development and storyline lets just throw it in there!) and secondly that once they created the obstacle they did their darndest to ignore the entire thing aside from a token nod to it. The Locksat conspiracy between 8.03-8.07 had consumed what.....5 minutes if that of screentime? That's ridiculous when we're talking a supposed major plank in your storytelling for the whole season and especially given the showrunners confirmed they planned to bring more continuity to the show, this was not what I was expecting.  

Where's the danger for this couple? I don't feel any. Where's the genuine drama? I didn't get any. Where's the "different layers" I was meant to be seeing that would be exposed by this story? How has this made them stronger as a couple which Hawley said this break up would achieve? If anything it's made them fundamentally weaker with issues that at least in real life would need to be urgently resolved yet instead was brushed under the carpet and ignored with the diversion of a kiss and the tease of kinky bedroom action (something I predict will be they'll keep using as an easy way to up the "hotness" factor). What new things have we learnt about this couple? Nothing unless you count them being more stupid and weak than I ever thought possible. Epic failure on all counts, the story has been utterly pointless and has developed nothing and it certainly hasn't harked back to the glory days when there was oodles of sexual tension and heat which came off them in waves, it's only reminded me how much better it was the first time around. 

And this year they put the cherry on the cake which IMO led to discontent among various parties of the viewership. Disgruntled Caskett fans, disgruntled Beckett fans, disgruntled Castle fans, disgruntled fans of coherent storytelling and execution (using the term fans loosely).

Yeah they did a great job at covering all their bases there lol.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 5

Yes. I have this thing about trying to figure out the economics of crimes.

But Neiman was believable in that she had the earning power to pay for her murderous spree. Not Tyson.

Like I was watching a show in which two bad guys got away with $250,000 worth of bitcoins until the cyberpolice hunted them down.

Except.

That's $125,000 each.

Or about five and  a half years wages at $10 an hour for each of them.

Not counting the money they spent running all over the USA trying to find the mcguffin.

And since they could work out the con, they were supposed to have some sort of computer skills. Bushwah.  I sorta gave up at that point.

Criminals are really really stupid.

At least the kind that TV features.

Or maybe its the writers.

Now here's a crime that required very little intelligence, just a lot of intimidation.

http://www.foundcollection.com/1_30c6e2a53258094b_1.htm

Yes. I have this thing about trying to figure out the economics of crimes.

But Neiman was believable in that she had the earning power to pay for her murderous spree. Not Tyson.

That's not entirely true. He paid for McSweaty's heart surgery when he conned Marcus Gates into taking the fall for him. He also bought expensive earrings for the girl he ended up killing to frame Castle.

So he had money from somewhere. My guess is he inherited it.

NGN’s Best of 2015: TV Episodes 

5. “Hollander’s Woods” (Castle)
I thought “Hollander’s Woods” would have been the perfect series finale for Castle back when it aired, and I still stand by that initial assessment. There was so much love poured into every scene and every word from longtime writers and producers Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller, and it reminded me that no one will ever understand these characters and the spirit of this unique show like they do. “Hollander’s Woods” highlighted everything special about Castle: its compelling mysteries, loving friendships, warm family dynamics, resilient heroine, complex leading man, and captivating love story. It ended with all the show’s most beloved characters coming together to celebrate, and the episode itself felt like a celebration I never wanted to end.

It's looking even more perfect now lol, I'll see how the rest of this season pans out obviously but 7.23 may well turn out to be the series finale of Castle in my eyes.  

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Nice of Hanning to interact with his followers. I know he was going for civility and open-mindedness in the fandom and condone any kind of baiting among Castle fans, but some of his remarks and the linkage to other accounts and their contribution are just too good to pass up a grossly overstated “recap”(and be less civil).

New interpretation of the First Amendment’s Free Speech for the topic of Castle related stuff on Twitter (a collaboration of people who work on the show, fellow Castle peeps and other interested parties):

Castle Speech (Twitter)
1. The right to express any opinion or spread any statements of facts (true or false) in public without censorship or restraints by (the government or) fellow Castle mates or other interested parties.

2. Censorship in this context means to oppose a different opinion or statement of fact (true or false). Comments written in a disagreeable way also fall under the term censorship.

3. Defamatory statements made about people who are fortunate enough to work on the show Castle are legit.

4. The User’s country of origin is irrelevant.

5. Those special rules and interpretations are only applicable on Twitter.

Appendix: A cautionary tale where Twitter users might be surprised elsewhere:
If you are in a public place without any further code of conduct established, and make your opinion (either praise or disapproval) known to friends or strangers, don’t be surprised when people tell you to shut it, stop whining about/ praising the show or stop watching the show.

If your speech contains words as “shit”, “sucks” or other expletives, don’t be surprised when people answer you on the same level. They could be thinking that’s the only language you might be comfortable with.

If your speech contains mostly words as “most stunning”, “most compelling” or other positive superlatives, don’t be surprised when people roll their eyes or object in various ways.

If you engage in defamatory statements about living persons, don’t be surprised when people call you out or actually call it by its right name.

• Love 2

So he had money from somewhere. My guess is he inherited it.

Nope -- he grew up in a trailer park.

Stole it from other people he killed ::furious handwaving::....or merely swindled from people but spared lives. Psychopaths are very talented, almost superhuman in their manipulation of people's kindness. 

Edited by TWP